FIFA 19 Discussion (PC Version)

Any thoughts on the feel of the new patch, guys?

Not finding any reaction so far (which is concerning)!

Sorry, it was my birthday yesterday so I haven't had the chance to play the game after the update.
Tonight after work. Although I'm pretty sure what the guys have said before me is probably true.

Sorry, it was my birthday yesterday so I haven't had the chance to play the game after the update.
Tonight after work. Although I'm pretty sure what the guys have said before me is probably true.
It was mine on Friday last week, happy birthday! NOW GET PLAYING! ;)

So far so good with the new patch.

I'll reset my sliders to default now to appreciate the changes even more.

The game is good but way too easy. Even in ultimate difficulty, the passing feels way too easy. Probably should try out manual passing.

The game is good but way too easy. Even in ultimate difficulty, the passing feels way too easy. Probably should try out manual passing.

Every PES and FIFA from the last 5 years is way too easy if you’re on assisted controls. That’s why it’s called assisted.

I mean unless you use D pad or Keyboard, you really shouldn't use assisted controls.

Heck I wouldn't use assisted controls if there were a 3rd person camera where you move the camera with mouse and aim [No reticle] with mouse too. That way I wouldnt have to use assisted settings with keyboard either [The current kb+Mouse controls arent that comfortable].

Russia is cheapest country i suppose. ( 2000 ruble ) I have just found this forum until now. Amazing forum, contain millions useful informations :) Thank you so much and have a nice day all.

This video makes a lot of sense. Very frustrating indeed. And it's also kind of funny.

I'm a little sad that this dude won't be around anymore. He was so helpful.

This video makes a lot of sense. Very frustrating indeed. And it's also kind of funny.

I'm a little sad that this dude won't be around anymore. He was so helpful.

What a year for gaming....he's not the only tuber I've seen whose just left tubing a game.

Its possible they've made a decent buck from their vids and they've decided to enjoy their earnings.

At the same time, this year is a realisation for hardcore gamers to realise neither game is to be taken seriously.

For some folks coming into the game with the belief that there is a competitive game in either PES or FIFA it may be harder to realise this.

This guy sounds like he's done a lot of game exploration and also encountered frustration by corrupt saves to wake up.

Thankfully, I too have been there and done that.

• When dribbling, players were getting pushed off the ball too easily in situations where the defending player was approaching the attacking player from the side. The attacking player will now be slightly more effective at holding the defending player off.
    • The effect of this change will scale based on the strength of the attacking player, with stronger players seeing the greatest effect from this change.
  • Some adjustments to the speed by which an attacking player, who has just lost the ball to a successful tackle, is able to recover the ball.

Have the listened to me? They couldn't have. Could they?.
Probably me and the other thousand of fans that were BEGGING for those changes. Luv it!

We need the What'sapp emoticons in here! - I wanna go full teenager-mode.

• Paul Pogba was performing the incorrect run up animation when taking a long free kick.
Working on the important things as usual..

I don't think that's fair, mate.
They did detail several other things they've improved on (not only on this update).
Why would you just pick the least important one and point that one out?.

I don't think that's fair, mate.
They did detail several other things they've improved on (not only on this update).
Why would you just pick the least important one and point that one out?.

He makes a fair point, there's loads of things they could fix/improve in CM but don't bother, increasing save slots from the reduced 4 for example.

He makes a fair point, there's loads of things they could fix/improve in CM but don't bother, increasing save slots from the reduced 4 for example.
Saying it's a "fair point" just because you still haven't got extra save slots in Career Mode* is horribly unfair - they're making gameplay changes that actually matter (and that are based on improving realism, do they not deserve credit for that?). There's nothing stopping them from releasing a patch that is entirely "Pogba's ear-hair now realistically modelled" bullshit. But they aren't doing that.

Attacking players being able to shine now when they've got defenders to their sides/behind them might (MIGHT) even make a difference to how the AI uses its forwards.

*I know it will just be a case of ticking a box and that it's crap they still haven't done that, but it's no reason to disregard the real work they're putting into gameplay, which is what we all say is the most important thing.

Personally I'm amazed it's not just FUT changes at this point.

That was just one example off the top of my head, there's loads of stuff broken still, e.g. scouting African countries and finding only white players for your academies. CPU clubs letting players go out for loan to any club but you is another thing that should be fixed by now. The menu navigation for things like the shortlist and especially when you get an email to say a player has been approached, you should at the very least be able to press a button and be taken directly to that player in your shortlist so you can approach them as well, instead of the abomination of memorising the name of which player it is, going through six menus, scrolling up and down your shortlist which probably contains dozens of names, just so you can then make an offer is ludicrous. And yes the irksome amount of time I've spent doing that means I'll give them no peace because they wasted time fixing Pogba's run-up!

At this point giving them credit for making minor gameplay changes versus completely, hamfistedly destroying gameplay as per previous years, is not something I can get on board with, they should do so much better in many areas.

I was mainly being sarcastic with my post, that EA actually needed to put it in the patch notes.
Have they really received so many complaints that Pogba doesn't run up to the ball like a dick when taking a free kick and penalty in the game.

In general it is good they are actually producing gameplay patches this year and not just going straight down the line of making the game better the FUT players.
The gameplay patches are actually making a difference for everyone and not just a select few.

+ The things I want fixed are things that will never be fixed, as it is exactly the same stuff been asking for every year.
There is so many things broken and not user friendly in career mode that has been unacceptable for years, but I have accepted the fact these will never be fixed.
SI can get competition rules correct for 200 leagues / The only thing EA ever get right is in a league everyone plays each other twice.

That was just one example off the top of my head, there's loads of stuff broken still, e.g. scouting African countries and finding only white players for your academies. CPU clubs letting players go out for loan to any club but you is another thing that should be fixed by now. The menu navigation for things like the shortlist and especially when you get an email to say a player has been approached, you should at the very least be able to press a button and be taken directly to that player in your shortlist so you can approach them as well, instead of the abomination of memorising the name of which player it is, going through six menus, scrolling up and down your shortlist which probably contains dozens of names, just so you can then make an offer is ludicrous. And yes the irksome amount of time I've spent doing that means I'll give them no peace because they wasted time fixing Pogba's run-up!

At this point giving them credit for making minor gameplay changes versus completely, hamfistedly destroying gameplay as per previous years, is not something I can get on board with, they should do so much better in many areas.

So you would rather they didn't make this minor gameplay improvements at all?.
Just because Career Mode has been left unattended the past couple of years doesn't mean that what they are trying to do this year with this monthly gameplay patches (which so far have all been spot on) shouldn't be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom