FIFA 18 World Cup Add-on - Discussion Thread

Please explain exactly how this DLC is "half baked"?
*aLe already explained it.

I don't get why people are happy with it being a free DLC. If they don't don't want to pay every year, they can just skip some of the games. I rather pay 60$ and get a fully featured world cup game.

I'm happy to finally get a world cup game on pc. Doesn't mean they should have made just a dlc for a world cup game.

Edit: So in world cup mode, it's not possible to edit the squads. If someone finds a way to edit squads [like adding players that are not in the squad], let me know.

Last edited:
Squads don't seem to be accurate, at least the Icelandic one isn't.

Although maybe some teams have yet to be announced?

Final squads have to be submitted by June 4th. I hope they will update the squads after that.

The attention to detail kills me: Jose Fonte as Portugal's captain instead of the lesser-known striker who has been captain of the NT for about a decade, an obscure player called Cristiano Ronaldo. Ever heard of him?

Is there any other teams included,in case you’ll want to create a different WC than the ones qf?
Like Italy etc

FIFA has gone really stale lately, I appreciate the free content and it's better than nothing.

But playing a whole tournament without winning a single foul is just a joke, Also the AI take the same curling shot on various difficulties and sliders.

And then playing online is a problem because of scripting and momentum, We need a new direction this is too boring.

Is there any other teams included,in case you’ll want to create a different WC than the ones qf?
Like Italy etc

Italy is in the world cup mode.

When selecting teams, you can choose between qualified and non qualified teams. There are only few non qualified teams:

Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Greece, Norway, Ireland, Romania, Scotland, Turkey, Wales, United States, China PR, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Canada, Chile, New Zealand.

Italy is in the world cup mode.

When selecting teams, you can choose between qualified and non qualified teams. There are only few non qualified teams:

Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Greece, Norway, Ireland, Romania, Scotland, Turkey, Wales, United States, China PR, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Canada, Chile, New Zealand.
Thanx a bunch pal.havent DL the update yet,but probably do it later on.

Is it me or placebo, is gameplay somehow screwed? Tried WC friendly game and gameplay was a lot different than pre-update. Faster gameplay, route one attacking all the time. Anyone?

Never played enough of the game to notice a difference, but I did take down the speed which immediately felt too fast.

Like Italy etc
Yep. You can create a custom World Cup with the teams that were licensed in FIFA 18 but which didn't make it like Italy, Wales, the USA, Canada and such.
Currently doing a World Cup with the USA myself!

Yep. You can create a custom World Cup with the teams that were licensed in FIFA 18 but which didn't make it like Italy, Wales, the USA, Canada and such.
Currently doing a World Cup with the USA myself!
So how is it?
Haven’t downloaded it yet,but I’ll have a look at it later.
Good thing it’s possible to alter groups etc.
Only seen videos so far,looked a bit dark?

FIFA has gone really stale lately, I appreciate the free content and it's better than nothing.

But playing a whole tournament without winning a single foul is just a joke, Also the AI take the same curling shot on various difficulties and sliders.

And then playing online is a problem because of scripting and momentum, We need a new direction this is too boring.
Funny enough I prefer FIFA online nowadays,because of the things pointed out Shez,stale and no freekicks.

Thought they would of done something to make the game have the correct squads and everything.

But with England you get a pool of about 30 players and can chop and change as much as you like.

Thought they would of done something to make the game have the correct squads and everything.

But with England you get a pool of about 30 players and can chop and change as much as you like.

Exactly.
WC Squads can't be edited or modified.
I couldn't even go through the first match because I hated the fact the squads are not up to date.

Unbelievable. The most important thing of the WC, and they couldn't even get that right.

If I download this DLC, will it screw up my Frosty mods? Or will I be ok if I keep Origin offline after updating?

If I download this DLC, will it screw up my Frosty mods? Or will I be ok if I keep Origin offline after updating?

In theory it could.

The only mod I'm using at the moment is lod mod which is still working so far. But I had to delete "ModData" folder and reapply the mods using mod manager. Otherwise the game would crash on startup.

Exactly.
WC Squads can't be edited or modified.
I couldn't even go through the first match because I hated the fact the squads are not up to date.

Unbelievable. The most important thing of the WC, and they couldn't even get that right.

Yeah, what a bummer. Wish we could edit the World Cup teams in customize squad/ national squad selection menu. They can easily add this. I hope they do this in their next update.

I also wonder if it's possible to add more teams in world cup mode. At the moment it's not possible to add more teams in the game due to modding limitations. But we can replace existing teams. But that will not help since normal teams [both national teams and clubs] from kick off mode doesn't show up on world cup mode. So replacing them wont bring them in the wc mode at all.

Last edited:
Had a few games just now and it's just horrible playing the AI. All the same bullshit as 18 has had since day one. Playing Tunisia (as England) and they just constantly smash the ball to the striker (perfectly), who lays it back, straight back to the striker again, lays it back... Until there's a goal.

So devoid of team identity, so boring.

I was hoping for gameplay changes.

Back
Top Bottom