FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Not confirmed bit seeing its fifa world cup id say yes probably a DLC..

i must say after this latest patch default sliders on full manual the game is really good, so varied, challenging ai , fouls just a great game

After talking to @Chris Davies I decided to try FIFA 17. At first I thought it was pretty okay and played a bit better than FIFA 18(last update) but there was still some issues. Then I got Fidel's gameplay patch and also managed to remove scripting and that's probably the best decision I took. My love for footie games is back now and I love FIFA 17 Modded which feels like a mix between FIFA 16(when it comes to defending, midfield play, dribbling and shooting) mixed with FIFA 14(custom team tactics making each team play differently, good CPU AI, nice physicality and strength). Here's a video to compare FIFA 18(last update) with FIFA 17(Modded):

ive fixed these issues with my sliders, will post later

another update?? why always changing when im happy with my slider set

Yeah, this last one made the game super fast even on slow. :( there's no point playing this game until they're done with the updates and we've found a good set of sliders. Fucking annoying.

Here's the video for the set:

Our soon to be version 6 is getting positive reviews so far:

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 6.2 Beta (V6.2B)
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
as of 12/2/17

*red indicates currently testing*

Sprint Speed - 50/50 - Had to bump this up because the lower sprint and acceleration were in part in creating the 1) slidey animation and 2) the backpedal, followed by forward pedal.

Acceleration - 50/50 - See above for sprint. Also wanted true fatigue back. Animations seem much smoother as well since putting these back to 50.

Shot Error - 50/50 - Too many posts hit before, even on 51. Still happens, but can't go under 50.

Pass Error - 55/55 (previous 52/52) - As suggested, we bumped this up from 52 and it's great to see the CPU being more humanized, but definitely not losing its attacking prowess or variety in play.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - Same as above for Shot Error. Feel like I saw a lot more backward save animations with the higher shot speed.

Pass Speed - 50/50 - Big difference here. Yes, driven pass will be attempted, but not always successful. Takes some getting used to as well, but at least it keeps the ball alive and passing feels less labored now than before.

Injury Frequency - 64/64 - less players walking off the pitch, and more recovering from injuries. Credit to @mark0r .

Injury Severity - 4/4 - still plenty of severe injuries and variety of injuries. Credit to @mark0r .

GK Ability - 50/50 - Had to get this back to 50. Honestly, I feel that the GK animations must be in sync with the shot speed + error chosen. This is why I feel the GK made so many more saves at a lower value. They would be late in reacting, yet somehow still get their gloves to the ball.

Marking - 50/50 (previous 49/49) - Happy to bump this back up to a normal value of 50/50. No issues with positioning, and no over/under marking with weird animations.

Run Frequency - 20/22 (previous 50/52) - As suggested, moved this down from 50/52, but keeping the 2 pt discrepancy for the CPU. This allows them get the crosses in and also promotes the same variety before. Overall, good balance with this lower run frequency - and of course seeing plenty of runs.

Height- 55/55 (previous 65/65) - This had to go down from 65. With it at 65, it was too easy to get from defensive third to defensive third. The midfield was bypassed too easily, especially with the pass speed + length, etc. The real key with this value was also to help the crossing game. This now allows the CPU and User runs to be more timed into the box, and that can result in crosses into space, versus crosses that loop up in the air lazily and meet someone's head...head on.

Length- 40/40 (previous 45/40) - Had to drop this back down to an even level. Think the 40/45 was working nicely, but eventually the CPU just started to get past the length too often. Now, evened out again, like version 5, there is a lot more midfield play. Building numbers defensively and offensively is real key now.

Width- 60/60 (previous 50/52) - Anytime we raise width, there is always a concern that it's going to be too wide, and players won't stay goal-side. Well, FIFA is already designed to be more narrow, so raising the width here, relative to the height + length, just works. They real key was to ensure that the marking was less...magnetic. Noticed on 50 width that the players were just falling over eachother, and performing that weird backpedal/forwardpedal animation. At 60 width, we're now in a great spot, and there's also no need for a discrepancy since the HLW are all the same.

FB Positioning - 50/50 - FB's were getting up the pitch too quickly, and running into the midfield, not to mention being able to be found very easily with a switch ball.

FT Control - 65/65 (previous 50/50) - Had some hesitation with this suggestion, but upon review, it's great. You just never know what can happen. Elite players are humanized still, but not so much that it inhibits their class. The pass speed at 50 also keeps the ball alive, and when the CPU chooses a unrealistic driven pass, the recipient's first touch will determine the next action versus just automatically able to turn or pass off to a runner. Happy with this.

Did the new update fix CPU magnetic defending that make all CPU defenders prime Maldini in Legendary and the one-way forward thinking linear AI?

Did the new update fix CPU magnetic defending that make all CPU defenders prime Maldini in Legendary and the one-way forward thinking linear AI?

It's better than where it was, but no the magnetic defending is still there. They are still perfect in their 1v1, but you can beat them in some situations, but not as much as you should be able to with a simple change of speed.

Does anyone even bother tweeting EA about this stuff that need fixing?
I see Konami/Adam/Asim/OfficialPES get constant feedback/criticism on everything that needs to be sorted out in PES. But I haven't seen the same behaviour regarding FIFA, at least not on Twitter.

Does anyone even bother tweeting EA about this stuff that need fixing?
I see Konami/Adam/Asim/OfficialPES get constant feedback/criticism on everything that needs to be sorted out in PES. But I haven't seen the same behaviour regarding FIFA, at least not on Twitter.

Do you know what the handle would be? EA Sports FIFA? Or is there someone else? I'd be happy to get videos going and tweet them on this. Was thinking about tweeting them about broadcast camera ;)

Enjoying FIFA 17 Modded so much. Having 10-16 fouls average on 10 mins match with realistic physicality and strength based on stats. On this gif, Bamford(who scored the goal) have a lot of strength and ball control(which I trained). Look how he out-strengthed the CDM and wrong foot the CB and scores a beauty. Training actually means something now and I can't stop playing it.

giphy.gif

Enjoying FIFA 17 Modded so much. Having 10-16 fouls average on 10 mins match with realistic physicality and strength based on stats. On this gif, Bamford(who scored the goal) have a lot of strength and ball control(which I trained). Look how he out-strengthed the CDM and wrong foot the CB and scores a beauty. Training actually means something now and I can't stop playing it.

giphy.gif

That's for pc, right? Does getting the mod and everything ready take say a work day of faffing about with downloading rar archives from mediafire and the likes, or is it a relatively quick process? :)

That's for pc, right? Does getting the mod and everything ready take say a work day of faffing about with downloading rar archives from mediafire and the likes, or is it a relatively quick process? :)

It was a pretty quick process for me since I mostly used a mod manager.

WTF have they done to the difficulty? I've played 12 games on Legendary since the latest patch and been beaten in all of them. Not fair matches either but the bullshit scripting where every AI player becomes Messi and they string together 25 passes with ease. Every defender can take the ball off me at will whilst I chase fucking shadows. It's turned into Fifa 16 FFS! Game was fine before the patch.

I can't keep putting up with these constant changes man. I've actually had to drop down to professional.

WTF have they done to the difficulty?
Not played since the new patch, but any difficulty changes will be because they've looked at FUT players doing the single-player challenges and found that the win rate against Legendary AI is too high. They've already made similar changes.

We (offline Career Mode players) are all going to have the changes for FUT players forced on all of us. For the rest of time.

I know I sound like a doomsayer, but, that's the fact of it. I can't imagine enjoying a FIFA game again for a while, now.

I found the opposite, since the latest patch I have played 8 games.

Won 7 drew 1 - In the process scoring 23 goals and conceding 4.

The game is harder?! Is this actually true?

Before the latest patch I was top of the league with Leicester without even breaking sweat on legendary.

If it's harder I am back in!

Before the latest patch I was top of the league with Leicester without even breaking sweat on legendary.

It's definitely harder on worldclass. Opponents defenders are way stronger than you, and their goalies are supermen, you still get plenty of shots away, but it's hard as fuck to score. Game speed has been increased a lot though, even on slow, which is a bummer.

Well you can still pass around defenders in Legendary and World Class and tiki taka your way on the goal since dribbling is broken even further.

I found the opposite, since the latest patch I have played 8 games.

Won 7 drew 1 - In the process scoring 23 goals and conceding 4.
Same. I'm winning 4 and 5 nil on legendary playing with manual passing and shooting. Granted I'm Man City and I'm loving it. But it feels easier.

Got to say, the game feels excellent.

Well you can still pass around defenders in Legendary and World Class and tiki taka your way on the goal since dribbling is broken even further.
Dribbling is fine for me. Pressing L1 everytime you touch the ball and twisting and turning out of trouble feels great.

Dribbling is fine for me. Pressing L1 everytime you touch the ball and twisting and turning out of trouble feels great.

Doesn't work for me in Legendary. Defender have magnets on their boots in FIFA 18. I played couple of matches. Beat Chelsea 4-1, beat Burnley 2-0, beat Man City 6-2 on the new patch on Legendary. 0 successful dribbles and most goals had been either crosses or counter attack. I find FIFA 17 on Professional/World Class harder than FIFA 18.

Think I've stumbled upon a stupid bug, or maybe sloppy programming. Played a couple of matches on world class against the AI and, from the middle of the park, I was able to easily dribble into the box by simply heading diagonally up or down when a defender steps forward. This caused the defender to step back a bit, then forward to challenge so I headed diagonally up or down again. Worked 90% of the time, leading to numerous shots at goal. Hugely disappointing.

Think I've stumbled upon a stupid bug, or maybe sloppy programming. Played a couple of matches on world class against the AI and, from the middle of the park, I was able to easily dribble into the box by simply heading diagonally up or down when a defender steps forward. This caused the defender to step back a bit, then forward to challenge so I headed diagonally up or down again. Worked 90% of the time, leading to numerous shots at goal. Hugely disappointing.
If you want it fixed, play FUT (against the AI) and record it happening. Then report it on Reddit / EA's forums. They'll fix it by the end of January.

Not joking. (They may well "fix it" by making AI defenders even more laser-guided, but if it looks like an FUT exploit, they'll give a shit.)

Tried that and now I can go through most defense with diagonal sprint regardless of the player. This FIFA is so broken.

my updated fifa sliders for old school pes players , feedback welcome

CAMERA : Tele Broadcast 8/4

WORLD CLASS 5 MINUTE HALVES

USER

AI

Last edited:
Sold this last night. For everything it does really well, the reality is I spent so much time tweaking difficulties, sliders, controls etc that I wasn't having much fun. I would get one great match in every 5 but then wasted time changing things to fix the issues only to create more. Every other game was being neglected so I've cut my losses and stepped away from football games for the greater good.

Back
Top Bottom