FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Guys, new to FIFA having made the move from PES this year.
I'm just starting a tournament, Premier League. I've updated squads, which is fine, but come January, with the new transfer window, will any squad updates not work in the League I've started?
I was hoping to make one League last all season, alongside the real thing, but may have to start another come February if new transfers aren't applied to currently saved games?

Correct the squads file is only pertinent at the start of your career mode.

For what it's worth here's my sliders ..full manual 2 games in lost 2 nil to Cameroon beat Italy 3-2 ..
Full manual
Legendary
Normal speed
Legacy defending
5 fouls in first game , 4 in second with a pen ..could of added 3 to each butvi chose to play on

Top to bottom user / AI

Speed 51/50
Acc 51/50
Shot err 51/52
Pass error47/56
Shot speed 53/53
Pass speed 33/40
Injury freq 70/70
Severity 5/5
Gk 42/42
Mark 45/45
Run f 47/47
Height 53/52
Length 50/50
Width 48/51
Full back 50/50
First touch 53/53

Power bar 58

Please have a go if you are bored plays a good game for me

Correct the squads file is only pertinent at the start of your career mode.
Thanks Placebo. That's disappointing, would have hoped EA would have found a way of updating squads and implementing them to saved games midway through the season.

With @Matt10 's new slider and my gameplay patch, all of my FIFA issues are fixed. There are fouls, midfield battle, player individuality both in defense and attack, improved dribbling like FIFA 16(had to do a lot of gameplay patch tweaks for that) and tons of excitement. Also had to tweak a bit of attacking AI to give it more variety through .db editing. But I love this game now even in post patch.

With @Matt10 's new slider and my gameplay patch, all of my FIFA issues are fixed. There are fouls, midfield battle, player individuality both in defense and attack, improved dribbling like FIFA 16(had to do a lot of gameplay patch tweaks for that) and tons of excitement. Also had to tweak a bit of attacking AI to give it more variety through .db editing. But I love this game now even in post patch.

Nice! I reckon there's no way to get the gameplay patch on the PS4 game? I mean, I'm pretty sure that's a negative, but just had to ask. :P Would love to see footage of a match!

What's your gameplay patch mate?

What's your gameplay patch mate?

It's an edited version of Paul's gameplay patch to increase physicality and fouls basically. Changes CPU aggression, mistime tackles, add more sliding tackles and increase referee's strictness to calling fouls.

https://pastebin.com/raw/0nVCe9fr - Save it as locale.ini and put it inside the Data folder inside FIFA 18. Only works in PC.

Nice! I reckon there's no way to get the gameplay patch on the PS4 game? I mean, I'm pretty sure that's a negative, but just had to ask. :P Would love to see footage of a match!

I uploaded a video but YouTube took it down due to main menu music. I will record one tomorrow

I uploaded a video but YouTube took it down due to main menu music. I will record one tomorrow

Nice, thanks.

I've found a bit of a weird quick fix for the speed increase that happens a lot. If you click the co-op cam (by pressing the big rectangle button on the PS4 controller, not sure what it's called), and back again to normal cam, usually you'll be able to get the game down to the speed you've set it to. You sometimes have to do it a few times during a match, but I've found that it actually seems to work.

I'm playing a worldclass career mode now with the OS sliders, semi assisted passing, and while it's quite enjoyable, there's some unbalance to it that I don't see in legendary (or even professional), it's like you get too much space up top. I've had an insane amount of shots at goal, but equally as many insane worldie saves from goalkeepers. Not sure how to balance that out. Would prefer to have less shots at goal by the defence being better, and by making goalies less supermen, but yeah, the friggin sliders again ...

Never ending story ... :P

Adding the fantastic camera patch from fidel to the ini file plus Matt's sliders and the game has so much potential for greatness.

Thanks guys

Damn, teasing me with these patches then I realise I cannot use them, maybe an idea to post in this thread https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-18-pc-discussion.77841/page-7 ;)

Hey bud. Talking about BetaV4? Or Set 3?

I posted BetaV4 last night, here's how they shape up:

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 4 (Beta)
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
as of 10/21/17

*parentheses indicate previous/current active version*

Sprint Speed - 50/50 (51/50) - The concept of having a sprint discrepancy did pan out, but at the sacrifice of other areas such as less fouls and certain advantages for the user. Dropped this back to 50/50 and allow individuals' personal preference to take place if chosen.

Acceleration - 50/50 - No change.

Shot Error - 51/51 (52/52) - Dropped down just a bit to compensate for all the posts hit.

Pass Error - 52/52 (55/55) - Dropped down a bit as well to help CPU attack and to allow better crosses due to lower pass speed.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - No change.

Pass Speed - 45/35 (45/30) - Slight bump for CPU since some other values have changed such as Sprint Speed and line settings.

Injury Frequency - 45/45 (50/50) - This is one I'm just throwing out there. Haven't seen a crazy amount of injuries with it, and no random walk offs. Have to make sure though. Tried some of the other suggested, but too many injures, and those shoulder injuries started to be the common theme ala FIFA 16.

Injury Severity - 40/40 (50/50) - This is one I'm just throwing out there. Haven't seen a crazy amount of injuries with it, and no random walk offs. Have to make sure though. Tried some of the other suggested, but too many injures, and those shoulder injuries started to be the common theme ala FIFA 16.

GK Ability - 50/50 (42/42) - This was a pleasant surprise. GK is much more sync'd up with the shot at hand, letting their ratings really stand out. Haven't seen any ridiculous crazy saves like we tend to see on lower values. Definitely worth a shot to look at again. Seeing more goals that is for sure as well.

Marking - 60/60 (50/50) - Big change number one. Marking at 60 has always been good, but the problem was that it wasn't working with Run Frequency at 50. Tested this all night, and determined that Run Frequency and Marking have to go hand-in-hand. So if you want to use marking at a higher value, then run frequency has to match it. This is why you will see the change. Surprisingly, the increase in run frequency does not mean more forward-forward runs. It's actually playable and doesn't make things as end to end as you would expect. The HLW adjustments have also helped this combination to work.

Run Frequency - 60/60 (50/50) - Big change number one. Marking at 60 has always been good, but the problem was that it wasn't working with Run Frequency at 50. Tested this all night, and determined that Run Frequency and Marking have to go hand-in-hand. So if you want to use marking at a higher value, then run frequency has to match it. This is why you will see the change. Surprisingly, the increase in run frequency does not mean more forward-forward runs. It's actually playable and doesn't make things as end to end as you would expect. The HLW adjustments have also helped this combination to work.

Height- 60/60 (52/50) - Really want the HLW to work. Forcing the lines to get more compression against the CPU is so key to an enjoyable experience. It wasn't happening without the common siege at the top of the 18-yard box. At least with the HLW combination here, there is much more midfield and much better positioning overall.

Length- 40/45 (50/50) - Biting the bullet here, but relative to the adjustments at hand, this had to be done. There just has to be a discrepancy of significant value when it comes to the CPU's constant forward-forward attack. They still do it, it's built in, but at least with this combination of RF+Marking+HLW, it is starting to come together.

Width- 52/52 (48/48) - As determined a couple nights ago, we have to get better crosses. The width should allow the players to get into the box at a better time, and get on the end of some crosses now. In addition, this should help the defensive shape throughout the pitch, and not just at the top of the box or defensive third.

FB Positioning - 70/70 (50/50) - Another significant change. By default the FB's just don't get up the pitch like they have in previous years. Even at a height of 100, they stay back. So bumping this up will not only allow them to get up the pitch, it will also help in containing some counter-attacking and end-to-end play at times due to the FB being in the midfield during transition. This can make or break an attack, and allow the CPU or User to rethink their attacking strategy.

FT Control - 50/50 (55/55) - Oddly enough putting this back to 50 is showcasing more bad touches than before. I'm not sure if it is a combination of all the values, but it's nice to see some true ratings kick in for the lower caliber players vs higher caliber. This also affects the the player's dribbling as well.

Damn, teasing me with these patches then I realise I cannot use them, maybe an idea to post in this thread https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-18-pc-discussion.77841/page-7 ;)

Oops

Matt slider's apply though lol

And to make it worthwhile, Im using personal legendary sliders on ps4 try them out....will make the game similar to pes6 for plug and play action!

Game speed fast, time 6 mins

Sprint/accel 48/48
Shot power 53/53
Shot error 50/48
Gk 15/15
Line height 70
Line length 48

Everything else is 50

High energy games, apparently game speed increases fatigue,fouls

I got through career mode games quickly and It's the way the game is meant to be played....I've given up on simulation as the ai is just not up to it.

Last edited:
Hey bud. Talking about BetaV4? Or Set 3?

I posted BetaV4 last night, here's how they shape up:

FIFA 18 Operation Sports Sliders | Version 4 (Beta)
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed
as of 10/21/17

*parentheses indicate previous/current active version*

Sprint Speed - 50/50 (51/50) - The concept of having a sprint discrepancy did pan out, but at the sacrifice of other areas such as less fouls and certain advantages for the user. Dropped this back to 50/50 and allow individuals' personal preference to take place if chosen.

Acceleration - 50/50 - No change.

Shot Error - 51/51 (52/52) - Dropped down just a bit to compensate for all the posts hit.

Pass Error - 52/52 (55/55) - Dropped down a bit as well to help CPU attack and to allow better crosses due to lower pass speed.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - No change.

Pass Speed - 45/35 (45/30) - Slight bump for CPU since some other values have changed such as Sprint Speed and line settings.

Injury Frequency - 45/45 (50/50) - This is one I'm just throwing out there. Haven't seen a crazy amount of injuries with it, and no random walk offs. Have to make sure though. Tried some of the other suggested, but too many injures, and those shoulder injuries started to be the common theme ala FIFA 16.

Injury Severity - 40/40 (50/50) - This is one I'm just throwing out there. Haven't seen a crazy amount of injuries with it, and no random walk offs. Have to make sure though. Tried some of the other suggested, but too many injures, and those shoulder injuries started to be the common theme ala FIFA 16.

GK Ability - 50/50 (42/42) - This was a pleasant surprise. GK is much more sync'd up with the shot at hand, letting their ratings really stand out. Haven't seen any ridiculous crazy saves like we tend to see on lower values. Definitely worth a shot to look at again. Seeing more goals that is for sure as well.

Marking - 60/60 (50/50) - Big change number one. Marking at 60 has always been good, but the problem was that it wasn't working with Run Frequency at 50. Tested this all night, and determined that Run Frequency and Marking have to go hand-in-hand. So if you want to use marking at a higher value, then run frequency has to match it. This is why you will see the change. Surprisingly, the increase in run frequency does not mean more forward-forward runs. It's actually playable and doesn't make things as end to end as you would expect. The HLW adjustments have also helped this combination to work.

Run Frequency - 60/60 (50/50) - Big change number one. Marking at 60 has always been good, but the problem was that it wasn't working with Run Frequency at 50. Tested this all night, and determined that Run Frequency and Marking have to go hand-in-hand. So if you want to use marking at a higher value, then run frequency has to match it. This is why you will see the change. Surprisingly, the increase in run frequency does not mean more forward-forward runs. It's actually playable and doesn't make things as end to end as you would expect. The HLW adjustments have also helped this combination to work.

Height- 60/60 (52/50) - Really want the HLW to work. Forcing the lines to get more compression against the CPU is so key to an enjoyable experience. It wasn't happening without the common siege at the top of the 18-yard box. At least with the HLW combination here, there is much more midfield and much better positioning overall.

Length- 40/45 (50/50) - Biting the bullet here, but relative to the adjustments at hand, this had to be done. There just has to be a discrepancy of significant value when it comes to the CPU's constant forward-forward attack. They still do it, it's built in, but at least with this combination of RF+Marking+HLW, it is starting to come together.

Width- 52/52 (48/48) - As determined a couple nights ago, we have to get better crosses. The width should allow the players to get into the box at a better time, and get on the end of some crosses now. In addition, this should help the defensive shape throughout the pitch, and not just at the top of the box or defensive third.

FB Positioning - 70/70 (50/50) - Another significant change. By default the FB's just don't get up the pitch like they have in previous years. Even at a height of 100, they stay back. So bumping this up will not only allow them to get up the pitch, it will also help in containing some counter-attacking and end-to-end play at times due to the FB being in the midfield during transition. This can make or break an attack, and allow the CPU or User to rethink their attacking strategy.

FT Control - 50/50 (55/55) - Oddly enough putting this back to 50 is showcasing more bad touches than before. I'm not sure if it is a combination of all the values, but it's nice to see some true ratings kick in for the lower caliber players vs higher caliber. This also affects the the player's dribbling as well.

Beta v4 is what I am using. The best version so far.

Oops

Matt slider's apply though lol

And to make it worthwhile, Im using personal legendary sliders on ps4 try them out....will make the game similar to pes6 for plug and play action!

Game speed fast, time 6 mins

Sprint/accel 48/48
Shot power 53/53
Shot error 50/48
Gk 15/15
Line height 70
Line length 48

Everything else is 50

High energy games, apparently game speed increases fatigue,fouls

I got through career mode games quickly and It's the way the game is meant to be played....I've given up on simulation as the ai is just not up to it.

That’s interesting that it increases fouls. Thanks shez i will give these a go.

I might consider buying this altough offline seems flat this year.
So my question is...hows online?
Offline flat? I know it's only opinion but I'm 40 and like others been playing football games for like 32 ish years. For me this is the best offline football game I've ever played. I actually don't think anything comes close even the beloved winning eleven series. The variation in career mode is just exceptional.

Offline flat? I know it's only opinion but I'm 40 and like others been playing football games for like 32 ish years. For me this is the best offline football game I've ever played. I actually don't think anything comes close even the beloved winning eleven series. The variation in career mode is just exceptional.

What were your sliders again, and what settings are you using (difficulty, pass assistance, camera etc)? :) I've love to try it out.

I dont like it offline because the cpu plays too much the same with all teams for my taste*. Counter, counter.
But it could be a balanced and fun game online. Thats why im asking.

Last edited:
I'm having great fun playing seasons but it is a matter of taste. If you mind playing the AI because all they do is playing counter attacking football maybe you shouldn't venture online unless you're playing against someone who wants to play the game like you do.

What were your sliders again, and what settings are you using (difficulty, pass assistance, camera etc)? :) I've love to try it out.
the are posted in the last few days above ..except I've now added Matt's 60 60 for run freq and marking ..dynamic camera ..legendary full manual..

Also I'm not seeing the AI play the same at all..ive seen long ball tacticts, crossing tactics, park the bus..even a mixture during the game..ive just payed first FA cup game against Northampton and it was a nil nil but it had everything..it felt like a proper fa cup tie. Fouls, some tough tackles, I missed a pen and they could of nicked it..was great

I'm finding legendary with sliders a challenge but not a challenge I don't enjoy. I'm in January of first season with Liverpool I'm 10th with -3 goal difference. I'm in semi of league cup but 1 nil down to Chelsea who dominated all the game but I've just beat city 2-0 In league ..really mixed bag for me but not once do I feel cheated

THanks, man. Yeah, we are getting really close. Just have to shore up some things based on feedback. I'm hoping a lengthy stream today will iron it out. Should be streaming about 12:30 CST on twitch https://go.twitch.tv/matt10l

Alright, I think I can get on your stream. I have yet to lose a match with the new sliders. Not sure but the AI doesn't look that threatening on the attack.

Back
Top Bottom