FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

a german preview. you might want to translate that.
http://esport.kicker.de/esport/fifa/679849/artikel_fifa-18_huebscher-einfacher-besser.html

the word "should" is mentioned a lot. all together its not a very positive preview/early hands on!
It's difficult to understand through Google Translate, but the bit that says - dribbling has become significantly more susceptible to errors and therefore seems to be more dependent on the players' attributes* - sounds really promising to me.

Until the next sentence completely destroys that promise and says that it'll change before release, because it doesn't fit with EA's overall intention*... :(

*ORIGINAL: "Es ist deutlich fehleranfälliger geworden und scheint daher noch stärker von den Spielerwerten abhängig zu sein. Da dies aber eigentlich entgegen der neuen Philosophie ist, wird sich das bis zum Release noch ändern."

It's difficult to understand through Google Translate, but the bit that says - dribbling has become significantly more susceptible to errors and therefore seems to be more dependent on the players' attributes* - sounds really promising to me.

Until the next sentence completely destroys that promise and says that it'll change before release, because it doesn't fit with EA's overall intention*... :(

*ORIGINAL: "Es ist deutlich fehleranfälliger geworden und scheint daher noch stärker von den Spielerwerten abhängig zu sein. Da dies aber eigentlich entgegen der neuen Philosophie ist, wird sich das bis zum Release noch ändern."
yep. kinda weird!

A guy who played FIFA 18 at EA Play is taking questions over on Reddit.

Not hugely revealing but if you do a CTRL+F on the page for the guy's username (footballrocc), you can see all of his answers.

Highlights - shielding is slightly improved, tackling is more consistent, but driven passes are the same, and he had to perform three tackles from behind with the same player to get sent off...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/6gndy8/i_just_played_fifa_18_at_ea_play_in_hollywood_ama/

No mention of if the game is slower or if it still runs like Monster Energy Fuelled 200MPH..... EA Seriously watch a fucking football match and then see if the pace of your game is anywhere CLOSE to that!

In this video the guy tried FIFA 18 and tells us about it.

It's in Spanish but worry not because I am here, lads.

The things I heard in that video are really good.
First of all, player models. Now there are 6.
-Short and skinny
-Short and strong
-Average and skinny
-Average and strong
-Tall and skinny
-Tall and strong

Which leads to another nice implementation: Players will now no longer planting their feet at the same time with each other. According to the guy, it makes it more realistic.

Animations are great. Pace is slower. Stats come into play A LOT MORE (during the first 5-8 minutes of the video, if I'm not mistaken) a guy from EA himself talks about this. How for example, in real life Iniesta can handle the ball greatly and hide it from the rivals, and pass the ball very nicely, but he won't be running too much with it because that's not his strength. But Messi, can do what Iniesta does but he can also run a lot with the ball while dribbling opponents. And they really wanted to express more of than in the game. So stats are a lot more noticeable this year.

Also, he talks more about graphics. He says this year are A LOT different to last year, for the better. The lighting is awesome. The managers can now be seen DURING gameplay itself. He mentioned Zidane and Simeone, which means La Liga managers have been included this year.

He clearly says that IN THIS DEMO/BETA game speed is definetely SLOW. And he doesn't like it (go figure...). In this regard, he says something like "this year it's impossible to hold on to the Sprint button. It's just not possible, which is a good thing".

The crowd has been very much improved. They aren't all synchronized anymore. It's like they all behave differently. Some people will go to the aisle (?) to celebrate or whatever, and some others will stay in their place. Looks very realistic, according to the chubby fella.

Penalties have gone back to what they were before FIFA 17. Not exaclty like FIFA 16, but more so than FIFA 17.

New player-specific running animations. He mentions Sterling and Robben (looking very very well represented in this aspect) but there will be others.

Overall the game is far more responsibe. No input lag.

I'll keep translating as I watch.

-At 8:48 you can see La Bombonera. Absolutely stunning!

Last edited:
Apparently I heard on twitter that they still haven't fixed the CPU passing accuracy issue. If you set a crappy team to play long ball, they will have pretty good chances to make a defensive splitting passes and teams like Sunderland can play Barca like tiki-taka. There are no restrictions since stats doesn't have much of a play in passing.

Thanks to all for the links to those articles.

I'm hoping for a better fifa 18, more focussed on gameplay but not keeping my hopes up.

The one thing they should really to is just to either lose the skillstick completely, or just tone it down to a max of 3 / 4 tricks. And then simple ones, top players would have all of those tricks/skills or at least would be better in performing them.

That would create more realism. But i know they will never do it. Too many ppl online who play their matches using the skills massively. I hate watching that, doesn't look like football at all.

I only play offline, and never use them myself.

Another thing that just came to mind : you can keep all the skills in, but make an option before starting a match to include or exclude them.

Oh well, not going to happen but I'm allowed to dream aren't I?

Apparently I heard on twitter that they still haven't fixed the CPU passing accuracy issue. If you set a crappy team to play long ball, they will have pretty good chances to make a defensive splitting passes and teams like Sunderland can play Barca like tiki-taka. There are no restrictions since stats doesn't have much of a play in passing.
oh sh*t!

I wish I had a direct line to EA, so, so desperately.

I've been very cynical over the past couple of pages, but if half of the good stuff is real, it has potential to be great (I just don't believe it). This, though, will spoil all of it. This is the one single thing I wish I could point out to them.

How can we get through to them?

@Mehtab, can you provide a link to the rumours?

I honestly felt a thousand times more hyped when PES teaser came out than watching these 2 teasers from EA.
The only part that made me WOW from FIFA 18, was watching the awesome representation of La Bombonera. Lot of atmosphere there.

Can anymone please tell me if these FUT icon players be available for playin in offline kick off modes?

And whats the poubt of having them as 5 match loan on Fut? They better be playable in offline kick off permanently or its useless as fuck.

Can anymone please tell me if these FUT icon players be available for playin in offline kick off modes?

And whats the poubt of having them as 5 match loan on Fut? They better be playable in offline kick off permanently or its useless as fuck.
No, they won't be available offline. Obviously there are permanent legend cards in FUT.

I wish I had a direct line to EA, so, so desperately.

I've been very cynical over the past couple of pages, but if half of the good stuff is real, it has potential to be great (I just don't believe it). This, though, will spoil all of it. This is the one single thing I wish I could point out to them.

How can we get through to them?

@Mehtab, can you provide a link to the rumours?

I believe it's one of the press guys. I will keep my judgement until I see a video or play by myself.

My thoughts exactly.

Anyways, he looks a lot better in PES.
In this FIFA teaser he looks so crazy. I mean, he is. But he wasn't back in 86 (the haircut and face suggests they made him look like Mexico 86).

My thoughts exactly.

Anyways, he looks a lot better in PES.
In this FIFA teaser he looks so crazy. I mean, he is. But he wasn't back in 86 (the haircut and face suggests they made him look like Mexico 86).
I think here he will look better that PES 2018 . If you saw Adam's twitte (HERE) with Maradona.. there he look awful . Maybe is just bad screenshot but.. i dont like it at all . Here in FIFA trailer HE look like Real one .

I think here he will look better that PES 2018 . If you saw Adam's twitte (HERE) with Maradona.. there he look awful . Maybe is just bad screenshot but.. i dont like it at all . Here in FIFA trailer HE look like Real one .

I beg to differ.

Dada, dis be 17? No buddy it's 17.5
Dada, day score soooo fast. I know baby, because it's funner.
Bored-Baby.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom