FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Yeah, definetely.
I have never ever played FUT nor MyClub, but still I think it's dumbing people down to give them such players right from the get-go.

Animations look great, but, urgh, what's the point in it otherwise. I know it's supposed to be a teaser, but... Not much being teased.

Notice that it's a PS4 trailer though, so that's two rumours confirmed today - the Ronaldo edition, and they've switched to Sony (though nobody's talking about FUT Legends yet).

Aaaaand.... all of a sudden, FIFA is showing their stuff on Playstation. No more Xbox.
So that confirms my theory. Why Konami went all out with PES on PC. Their deal with Sony is done. FIFA's got it now.

And the timing for them couldn't be better, really.
It's like the new beforehand what would happend at the CL finals.

Still... I think there's always so much more to disect from PES trailers than FIFA.
When I watched this, it left me with a "hmmm looks too similar to FIFA 17, aside from the totally perfectly represented Ronaldo, the rest looks the same".
When I watched PES trailer my heart was jumping like I was 10 years old, and I re-watched it every day for the following week. I don't think I will be watching this one again too much.

ronaldo1-lg.jpg

ronaldo2-lg.jpg

lol at Ronaldo dribbling past people. He can barely stay on the ball anymore. They should have shown him making runs into the box, winning headers, striking the ball. It's like they don't watch actual football.

Some blurb (which I'm more interested in than that trailer)...

Cristiano Ronaldo’s data was recently recorded during a training session at a mobile EA Capture studio in Madrid. Data capture of Ronaldo’s acceleration, run cadence, skills, and shooting technique were all recorded to bring veracity to his likeness and personality in FIFA 18. His data also informed important gameplay elements including fluidity, player responsiveness and explosiveness.

SOURCE: EA

FUT Legends - now called "Icons" (possibly because of contractual stuff with Microsoft) - will be available on PlayStation AND Xbox from now on.

SOURCE: EA

The cover is certainly not an official one.
The official website says otherwise...

o1xMd66.jpg

Guessing you thought that because of how poor and illegible the "FIFA" text looks with the "Emirates" text underneath it. So did I.

Last edited:
What's interesting to me is the different approach from both games:

PES teaser suggests a TEAM game.
While FIFA teasers screams INDIVIDUALITY.

It makes sense. In PES, each teams feels different but the players feels identical. In FIFA, each teams feels the same but the players feel different.

Its good that both of the games have a different feel to it.

That way I can play both games without feeling monotonous.

To me, it's less individuality, more "we've got your faviourite superpowered superstars!"

the first 20 seconds of the trailer looks and sounds like its for a rugby game, relentless charge forward with stampede noises, little spin and another relentless charge, then a absolute slamming tackle. meh

1049818_LB_231x326_en_US_%5E_2017-05-31-17-44-44_f2adb62bcb815414c1927d50a6ca3c8fd449df68.jpg

The Super Deluxe Edition cover.
Well, can he be used in Single player mode, aka Kick off?

Because apparently I don't give a fuk about FU T. And it would be great if we can finally use him in Brazil squad on Kick off mode. Because apparently FiFA can't be modded anymore...

Aaaaand.... all of a sudden, FIFA is showing their stuff on Playstation. No more Xbox.
So that confirms my theory. Why Konami went all out with PES on PC. Their deal with Sony is done. FIFA's got it now.

And the timing for them couldn't be better, really.
It's like the new beforehand what would happend at the CL finals.

Still... I think there's always so much more to disect from PES trailers than FIFA.
When I watched this, it left me with a "hmmm looks too similar to FIFA 17, aside from the totally perfectly represented Ronaldo, the rest looks the same".
When I watched PES trailer my heart was jumping like I was 10 years old, and I re-watched it every day for the following week. I don't think I will be watching this one again too much.

Not true, just few days ago, during the Champions League final, Sony tweeted clips with Pes 2017 footage, and yesterday they tweeted a new Playstation ad with Pes as background.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/871442693464891392

Not true, just few days ago, during the Champions League final, Sony tweeted clips with Pes 2017 footage, and yesterday they tweeted a new Playstation ad with Pes as background.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/871442693464891392

Yeah but that's all PES 2017. They were 'partners' (or whatever you wanna call it) for that one. So I guess they still have rights to use it or promote it or whatever. Same way they do not use FIFA 17. But they will use FIFA 18, and not PES 2018.

Yeah but that's all PES 2017. They were 'partners' (or whatever you wanna call it) for that one. So I guess they still have rights to use it or promote it or whatever. Same way they do not use FIFA 17. But they will use FIFA 18, and not PES 2018.

Who knows.

Fifa's trailers are always shit and this is no exception, gameplay footage is the only video that ever interests me about a new Fifa.

Yeah. That was underwhelming, to say the least, but not like we can't expect it. FIFA does it with Messi, and now doing it with Ronaldo. Two players of teams I will never play as or against anyways. The irony of PES trailer focusing on Team, and FIFA's trailer looking like individuals, is that they both need to cherry-pick from eachother a bit more. PES is too team rigid, and FIFA is too individually rigid. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom