FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

So just when I started to “enjoy” or tolerate might be the word,this game,it all went down the toilet.
No changes to my settings,still the game decided to go nascar speed on me.
Ultra fast,ping pong by the cpu (Portsmouth L1 pass % 90) completely unplayable.
Does it revert to original game speed after a few games?
Or am I suppose to live with it?
Complete rubbish,had a good time playing it up until now.

I'm still having such a blast with this. Had a few games last night and scored some beautiful goals with so much variety. Also saw the AI playing very differently and scoring unusual goals too.

So just when I started to “enjoy” or tolerate might be the word,this game,it all went down the toilet.
No changes to my settings,still the game decided to go nascar speed on me.
Ultra fast,ping pong by the cpu (Portsmouth L1 pass % 90) completely unplayable.
Does it revert to original game speed after a few games?
Or am I suppose to live with it?
Complete rubbish,had a good time playing it up until now.
This is what I was talking about from release, and @Matt10 was seeing the same things (the game feels 20% faster out of nowhere for some games, but then you can reload a save and it'll sometimes be back to normal).

I saw it happen mid-game in my current career - I made some substitutes, I was 2-0 up and thought I'd put the kids on, and it was as if a switch was flicked that turned the opponents into gods (someone mentioned "adaptive difficulty" - or words along those lines - as a possible reason for this).

I'm convinced the switch to Frostbite has meant shortcuts were required in the AI.

This is what I was talking about from release, and @Matt10 was seeing the same things (the game feels 20% faster out of nowhere for some games, but then you can reload a save and it'll sometimes be back to normal).

I saw it happen mid-game in my current career - I made some substitutes, I was 2-0 up and thought I'd put the kids on, and it was as if a switch was flicked that turned the opponents into gods (someone mentioned "adaptive difficulty" - or words along those lines - as a possible reason for this).

I'm convinced the switch to Frostbite has meant shortcuts were required in the AI.
So strange,I actually started that game,and realised I played my Wigan vs Pompey in white vs white,so I restarted it just a few minutes in,those few minutes played alright.
Restarted,600mph straight from kick off.
Yeah I’m gonna try restart it,see if it helps.
The funny thing during that game was,no matter how I tweaked cpu pass speed,think I was down to 20 for the cpu,they kept pinging it as fast as they did from the kickoff.
Hope it gets back,was starting to like it,went back to 17 straight away though
Thanx Chris

For me this patch has it nailed on..5 games on career mode as wigan in division one..all games felt different some teams sit deep and play on the break, some teams more attacking. Bad first touches, good shot variety and shot error for a div 1 league. Averaging 5 fouls per game and had 1 penalty already. Players and ball felt weighter immediately. Really good for me , no slider adjustments

For me this patch has it nailed on..5 games on career mode as wigan in division one..all games felt different some teams sit deep and play on the break, some teams more attacking. Bad first touches, good shot variety and shot error for a div 1 league. Averaging 5 fouls per game and had 1 penalty already. Players and ball felt weighter immediately. Really good for me , no slider adjustments
Playing as Wigan as well,doing a player career,and it's a F... nightmare.
Grigg is scoring left and right,my player is ice old,1 goal in 13 games.
Huge difference when playing 49 acceleration vs 50.
49 makes everyone crap,although it makes up for an interesting gameplay,bad touches,fouls etc.
Sort of hate/love relationship with this game

Played a few games last night and couldn't feel any difference other than the pace!

Using close-to-default sliders (speed/accel 50), I played the same league match over and over - Hull v Preston - and the speed of the game was just crazy (I can see barely any difference between Slow and Normal). End-to-end, both teams countering over and over for 90 minutes without a break.

I feel like there's a good game in there but I just can't reach in and rescue it when the game moves so quickly, and the AI is so attack-happy...

I think it's good, felt the weight almost immediately who knows maybe it's a placebo on my part but it's enjoyable on default sliders , I don't have an issue with the pace personally and I don't find it end to end (certainly not pes level anyway) fouls are there , AI variety is there in terms of set up and shots . I think there's a decent amount of individualism and also you can tell a lower league team from a premier team.
Last night I missed a sitter from 6 yards as it come off his shin, scored a deflection that left the keeper flat footed and won a pen due to being brought down by the defender miss timing a header and catching the players legs..its that variation that keeps it engaging for me

It's each to their own at the end of the day

Felt that the game,with OS sliders,minus my acceleration at 49 was a struggle.
Every game tough as nails,then I change my camera angle from broadcast to classic,and the game opened up,so free flowing,don't know if I like though,feels more arcadey,but such a huge difference in gameplay with that change.

never though that a change between different camera angles would have such impact on how the game plays.
After having either sluggish,but good games,or ultra fast crap games on broadcast,I played a few on Tele broadcast,felt good,a bit to easy,was winning and passing my way through opponents way to comfortable.
Then I started playing classic cam,and it just clicked with the sliders.
Having amazing games right now,my Checka trade cup game vs Rotherham being the best game of FIFA I've ever played.
1-1 after full time,then a red card for me,but managed to squeeze by them in extra time with 2-1.
And I was almost packing this game in.
Great fun

Cameras are key in football games. I can't stress it enough.
I dream of the day where EA or Konami give us the option to create cameras and save them however we like.
Height, Zoom, Angles, Speed, Panning, Tracking, etc. Right now both games unbelievably limited.

I've always played FIFA using broadcast camera (I'm on PC so I modded it, less height, less zoom) because I can't play with a camera that doesn't resamblance football like we watch it on TV. It just feels.... unrealistic.
But it's true, as soon as you change cameras, everything feels difference. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse.

Cameras are key in football games. I can't stress it enough.
I dream of the day where EA or Konami give us the option to create cameras and save them however we like.
Height, Zoom, Angles, Speed, Panning, Tracking, etc. Right now both games unbelievably limited.

I've always played FIFA using broadcast camera (I'm on PC so I modded it, less height, less zoom) because I can't play with a camera that doesn't resamblance football like we watch it on TV. It just feels.... unrealistic.
But it's true, as soon as you change cameras, everything feels difference. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse.
Huge difference,never felt that in Pes,obviously its different,but gameplay changes so dramatically.
Same here with the angle,want it to be broadcast as well,but for me classic is the best gameplay.
Should really be a cam from one of the ends,that's where I watch my majority of games standing up:)
Worst and toughest game with a broadcast cam is NHL,really insanely hard,I play 2k on a broadcast cam to,which is so lifelike

I think it's good, felt the weight almost immediately who knows maybe it's a placebo on my part but it's enjoyable on default sliders , I don't have an issue with the pace personally and I don't find it end to end (certainly not pes level anyway) fouls are there , AI variety is there in terms of set up and shots . I think there's a decent amount of individualism and also you can tell a lower league team from a premier team.
Last night I missed a sitter from 6 yards as it come off his shin, scored a deflection that left the keeper flat footed and won a pen due to being brought down by the defender miss timing a header and catching the players legs..its that variation that keeps it engaging for me

It's each to their own at the end of the day

This fits my experience as well. I'm surprised at complaints about it being too fast - I play on all default settings and it's fine for me, whereas years ago I always played on Slow. I also don't experience every match as end to end. Sure, it's definitely attack dominant and I'd enjoy a bit more buildup play, but I see good/decent variety in the types of CPU attacking play - sometimes they play quick to a target forward, sometimes to the channels for wingers, and sometimes it's more varied and slower. I also notice a big difference depending upon how I set up my own team, in terms of formations and tactics. Certainly could be better but considering where we're coming from with FIFA, CPU attacking play is fine.

Definitely not saying the game isn't without flaws. For me, the biggest complaint by far remains just how easy attacking play is, and how plentiful goals are to come by. I've taken a lower table Championship team to the top of the Premiere League within two seasons by scoring crazy tons of goals (on Legendary difficulty). My team is mostly rated in the 70s now, included my 75-rated striker (Ademilson, who btw is amazing in this game) who dominates the goal scoring charts. I don't often keep a clean sheet but I also rarely score less than 3 goals in a match.

It's fun but it's a bit silly. I want more of a challenge.

The frustrating thing for me is that some matches are challenging in the way I wish they all were. The difficulty in general is all over the place. I'll play a cup match that is the perfect level of challenge for me, where chances are hard to create and I need to be creative to break down the opposition, but then I'll play a regular Premiere League match and it'll feel like a walk in park, and I'll put up like 4-6 goals with ease.

Despite all this, with how much fun I've had with FIFA 18, I'm excited for next year - with the majority of complaints this year about how overpowered attacking play is and how underpowered defending is, I'm hopeful that with some attention to the defensive side of the game next year could be a real treat of hopefully a better balanced game.

One thing that is bugging me is when i am trying to tackle a player by pressing the button and the player plays a loose pass to my player who then kicks the ball because of my button pressing. Or when they cross the ball in, i frantically press header but my GK catches it and then kicks it quickly because of my button presses.

I have only noticed this happening in FIFA, not in any other games. I think because of the slight button delay. Does anyone else notice this? Maybe my button pressing is too frantic.

So since the last patch i've fired up a CM with United and filled my shopping basket with the likes of, God forgive me Yaya Toure, M.Reus, A. Rabiot , J. Patore, Naldo, M. Le Marchand (excellent CB) L.Kurzawa, T. Keher, L. Goretzka (great cm) E. Dzecko. And trying to sign M. Wakaso and N. Mendy who are in the Kante mould. So kicked off vs WestHam and get a 6-4 and then the 'Jack Bastards' and won 3-2. It's like the games gone nuts but i'm still playing it in March so it's a good thing. I have to say i've enjoyed it and so did i the last versions so i hope we can get more bone crunching tackles and a bit of blood thrown into the mix and i'll be as happy as Boris Johnson in a school boys dorm.

One thing that is bugging me is when i am trying to tackle a player by pressing the button and the player plays a loose pass to my player who then kicks the ball because of my button pressing. Or when they cross the ball in, i frantically press header but my GK catches it and then kicks it quickly because of my button presses.

I have only noticed this happening in FIFA, not in any other games. I think because of the slight button delay. Does anyone else notice this? Maybe my button pressing is too frantic.
Seen it to G,happends every now and then for me,it’s like your one button move ahead/wrong at times,especially in those situations.
A couple of things that annoys me are,players suddenly not responding to action,being one on one,trying to pass him,he pretty much freezes up for a split second and the opportunity is gone.
Or being on a break away,just trying to make a pass to your fellow striker and it ends hitting him in the back
Guess that’s FIFA’s way of scripting,or even up the game.
Not too annoying,but at times very annoying

After patch 1 09 and the slider tweaks,it still plays good, don’t get me wrong having fun with it,but is it a case of us just adapting?
Think most of the game play is great in 18,except the elephant in the room.
Fouls!
No matter how “fifa” you are,there’s no foul in this game,or very few at least.
We’ve gone from having a decent amount to hardly any,on both fifa and Pes
And people still think it’s a great game.
I fired up fifa 14/15/16/17 last night,and even though they play less smooth and have other issues,they have fouls (17 not so much)
We’re in for a horrible future when game developers has chosen this route.
I’d probably get stick from “I get plenty of fouls” people,I’d say those are in denial,plenty of fouls isn’t 2-4 per game.
RIP football

Always a good thing whining on the game you play,just had three games,after adjusting my sliders,dropped pass speed to 35/40,pretty much OS settings otherwise.
Had two 0-0 games,good stats,low free kick count,then a 1-0 win,where I had 5 free kicks,two just outside the box.
Managed to win the game in the 90th minute on a header,that was ruled a goal via the goal decision system.
So pretty much all I wrote previously.....meh!
Strange game this.
When it plays good,it’s summin else

It is that ^^^ I enjoy it most of the time but you do get that odd game you just go wow ..mine was athletico v Seville. Just amazing game ..fouls ? Saves, I got a pen...one thing I have done is tried defensive height at 95 ..copying off a slider from a nintendo switch discussion..works well for my taste

It is that ^^^ I enjoy it most of the time but you do get that odd game you just go wow ..mine was athletico v Seville. Just amazing game ..fouls ? Saves, I got a pen...one thing I have done is tried defensive height at 95 ..copying off a slider from a nintendo switch discussion..works well for my taste
Cool,might have a look into that,think the game plays great,minus fouls,which comes and goes on the new set of sliders,done a few adjustment,mainly making my own pass/shot/first touch a bit tougher.
Also the 48 pass speed is a no go for me,works great on broadcast cam,but not on mine,hence the 35/40 speed.
It's really something when you have to grind out a 0-0 or a hard fought 1-0 game.

After patch 1 09 and the slider tweaks,it still plays good, don’t get me wrong having fun with it,but is it a case of us just adapting?
Think most of the game play is great in 18,except the elephant in the room.
Fouls!
No matter how “fifa” you are,there’s no foul in this game,or very few at least.
We’ve gone from having a decent amount to hardly any,on both fifa and Pes
And people still think it’s a great game.
I fired up fifa 14/15/16/17 last night,and even though they play less smooth and have other issues,they have fouls (17 not so much)
We’re in for a horrible future when game developers has chosen this route.
I’d probably get stick from “I get plenty of fouls” people,I’d say those are in denial,plenty of fouls isn’t 2-4 per game.
RIP football

I find that there are less fouls now compared to when the game first came out. The only ones i tend to get is when my player is breaking free and they hack me down. Its a shame there are not more but i’m rubbish at free kicks anyway.

Also, is it me or do the corner tactics not work? I think the only time they worked was in FIFA16.

I find that there are less fouls now compared to when the game first came out. The only ones i tend to get is when my player is breaking free and they hack me down. Its a shame there are not more but i’m rubbish at free kicks anyway.

Also, is it me or do the corner tactics not work? I think the only time they worked was in FIFA16.
Corners are shite in this game!
Yeah G,fouls are a bit worrying,been getting more and more though,not using the sprint button as much when one on one or outside the box.
Scored two in the same game mate,just luck of course.
I’ve noticed one thing,wrote about it over at OS,game plays so different depending on league/teams/stadiums had some TLC or not.
Had a season in L1 with shit generic stadiums,looking all brown/beige.
Then had my first game vs Boro at Riverside,everything looked amazing and played very differently.
Kinda prefer the L1 gameplay though,very tough and fun.
I ended up beating Boro with Wigan 4-1
Very strange
I’m staying the F out of the PL I guess

Not sure what EA are doing , 10 patches now and fouls are all but gone again..i think somewhere around patch 7 they got it right and I was getting 7 ish per game now it's back to 2 ish. They have showed they can go more SIM like but then keep reverting back and forth. If they are going to do that give offline players a patch choice to drop back to

Back
Top Bottom