FIFA 18 (PC Version)

I am impressed with FIFA’s updates and explanations of them.

FIFA 18 TITLE UPDATE 3 - FULL PATCH NOTES
Made the following changes in Gameplay:
• Made ground passes and ground through passes less effective when blindly passing the ball between 90 and 270 degrees, where 0 degrees is the direction the player is facing.
• The most significant impact will be seen when the pass angle is between 140 and 220 degrees.
• The impact scales when the pass angle is between 90 (least impact) and 139 degrees and between 221 and 270 (least impact) degrees.
• The passes impacted by this change will see:
• Reduced ball speed.
• Reduced accuracy.
• Disabled user controlled reactions, when locked to a player, when the goalkeeper is holding the ball.

Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
• The goalkeeper sometimes parrying the ball into his own goal.
• The goalkeeper diving too early on downward header and volley shots.
• Players sometimes becoming invisible during a match.
• Dragbacks not working when rapidly tapping the modifier button.
• Players being unable to string together multiple stepovers.
• The goalkeeper, in some situations, being unable to throw the ball after making a save close to the goal line.
• The player automatically passing the ball from a set piece after the game had been paused in an Online match.
•An issue with Custom controls where movement with the directional buttons was not working when locked to a player.

Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate team:
• Added the Objectives tile to the Pause Menu in all FUT Online modes.
• Added Guest Mode in FUT Online Seasons and FUT Online Draft.
• Disabled the FIFA Trainer within FUT Champions.

Last edited:
Anybody played the new patch yet on PC?

Hoping for some Evo-Webber reviews, all I can find on Reddit is "every game is counter-attack crazy now" and "every game is too slow now".

Anybody played the new patch yet on PC?

Hoping for some Evo-Webber reviews, all I can find on Reddit is "every game is counter-attack crazy now" and "every game is too slow now".

Not yet I'll be playing some shortly, this is something I can't wait for:

The gfx lod tool works perfectly in dx11 and 12 beleave me.
Start game, in menù before play game session, start gfx, in step 1 wait almost 14 seconds, you have always wait for voice step 1 ok and then apply ultra profile. This time it's required because EA make complicated and change and game use different memory regions for same values, but there are aony one working, so my script search for array of bytes and discover 3 or 4 array, now it will filter with key values the one working and then recognize default values and prepare memory to apply tweaked value. Anyway tomorrow I'll share with you a new custom inifs I''ve released for myself with Mesh.GlobalLodScale from 1.5 to 100
VisualTerrain.LodScale 1.0 to 100
1.5 max default frost value in every gpu recognized ultra profile
this is the global lod scale and not related to the multiplier included in gfx tweaker but always required.
And this is a permanent mod.
The game become amazing very very superb amazing. Never seen than before a beauty game like this. Ok no rain but in my favorite stub hub stadium I see the beauty of frostbite with amazing dinamic weather perfectly working and changing from clear day to at sunset during the match, with beautiful sun light. Really. Now you can see the pectotoral musclular from long range and the pitch it's simple amazing in gameplay and during all nis in the game, and you can see full resolution pitch grass from every game session in the game.
Tomorrow other news I'm doing the final test.
Bye

GCX2csr.jpg

JICjADV.jpg

vAE5feI.jpg

Gh8lXKl.jpg

9cz8nPp.jpg

Grass looks really good.

Yeah the increased details is phenomenal, he has a LOD tool so you can change the LOD from 10 to 1,000 which makes a huge difference but that was a pain as it had to be done every time but this fix apparently is permanent, hope he releases it soon :)
Really hope some of that makes its way to the Xbox One X version given the increase in processing power, even though it means switching platforms...

Really hope some of that makes its way to the Xbox One X version given the increase in processing power, even though it means switching platforms...

Seems unlikely, they don't even bother implementing anything into the PC version to take advantage of the PC hardware available, Fifa's PC setup options are by far the most minimal of any PC game that is released these days. I mean seriously:

Fifa_setup.jpg

Played a couple of games, and passing seems to be a lot more random and a little less accurate.

I also found it easier to score CPU defenders seem to run away from you a bit more often, but might be down to opposition played.

But the fundamental things that need fixing have not been touched, passing is just incredibly scripted and goes to the player the AI thinks it should go to and not the way your pressing or how much player.

The game still feels as scripted as ever, but they are patching it for the many, not the few.

As they did every year, New patches just bring more scripting and in some cases remove freekicks.handballs altogether.

They're just patching the offline game to suit the online crowd, Sad indeed but at least we have sliders

Frostbite ruined fifa gameplay.On fidel's post on picture 1 look how small the ball looks and also all players feet look very big.Looks like they're playing with a futsal ball,so ugly to the eye.Also night lighting is pathetic and makes the pitch look like a swamp.Corners look like you're playing a military strategy game and you choose where your next bomb will land.So many ugly and wrong things,only good thing is they improved body models and graphics but the game feels clunky.Fifa 16 was the best,much more smoother and when on slow and with correct sliders it was much more close to a simulation.These 2 last fifas even with slider modifications feel unsmooth,clunky,wrong and weird.I can't understand how people don't complain to EA especially for the pathetic ball size.In 16 it was perfect like a ball should be.I guess when you only care about opening futpacks you don't care about realism...

Frostbite ruined fifa gameplay.On fidel's post on picture 1 look how small the ball looks and also all players feet look very big.Looks like they're playing with a futsal ball,so ugly to the eye.Also night lighting is pathetic and makes the pitch look like a swamp.Corners look like you're playing a military strategy game and you choose where your next bomb will land.So many ugly and wrong things,only good thing is they improved body models and graphics but the game feels clunky.Fifa 16 was the best,much more smoother and when on slow and with correct sliders it was much more close to a simulation.These 2 last fifas even with slider modifications feel unsmooth,clunky,wrong and weird.I can't understand how people don't complain to EA especially for the pathetic ball size.In 16 it was perfect like a ball should be.I guess when you only care about opening futpacks you don't care about realism...

- Ball scale.
Ball scale looks very realistic when playing game, although I admit the disharmony between ball scale and man scale in some cut scenes, which we don't notice very often.

- Corner kick.
It's an option. You can do it in old way as well if you don't like the new way. You can also remove the target mark on the ground. I don't get what's the problem?

- Smooth.
It's likely a matter of personal taste. For me, I feel smooth like silk.

I don't understand these scripted comments..its a game so there are going to be scripts but I never once felt cheated in my first season , finished 13th ..every chance I missed I felt it was through my poor decisions and every goal conceded I felt I could of done more to prevent ..ive not seen one goal in the last dying seconds like used to happen constantly on 15/16..i find it really well balanced

- Corner kick.
It's an option. You can do it in old way as well if you don't like the new way. You can also remove the target mark on the ground. I don't get what's the problem?

I know that we can disable the target mark but how we could take the corner like for example in FIFA 16? I think we can only remove the target mark but we're not able to change the camera and take it the old way. Or am I wrong?

I don't understand these scripted comments..its a game so there are going to be scripts but I never once felt cheated in my first season , finished 13th ..every chance I missed I felt it was through my poor decisions and every goal conceded I felt I could of done more to prevent ..ive not seen one goal in the last dying seconds like used to happen constantly on 15/16..i find it really well balanced

I have not said anything about the chances and everything being scripted.

I have stated the passing is incredibly scripted this year and I don't feel I have much control on the passes I make.
I play on Semi-Auto passing, as I like the slight randomness of the passing without it being completely boring mindless ping pong football of Auto and but not make way stupidly over or under hit passes of manual.
In previous FIFA you held down the button for a long ground pass and quickly to do a short pass to the player next to you, the same with through balls, however in this years FIFA the game passes to whoever it chooses to rather than who you want it to go to - which was the case in previous FIFA's, but the problem with this is I am now using the high pass button alot more than I used to.
Through balls are the main issue as no matter what I do it just through balls it to whoever the CPU decides to through ball it too.

Other issues I had with the game like block tackling is useless now, I have just had to learn how to defend in FIFA 18 and that is not to bother tackling and just jockey all the time till the CPU gives the ball away.
The defending AI still needs massively improving though, as it is too easy to score, and the amount of times I see the CPU just try to man mark players and follow runs that I can literally run straight through the middle to score.

But the issues are just my opinion, and in a football game I would like a hard thought 0-0 or scrape a 1-0 win and be under pressure defending for my life.. But this year I just know that if the CPU scores, I will score 1 more than them.

Last edited:
I know that we can disable the target mark but how we could take the corner like for example in FIFA 16? I think we can only remove the target mark but we're not able to change the camera and take it the old way. Or am I wrong?

What's different except for camera?

What's different except for camera?

Everything. Of course you could disable the target mark but it's still there. There is no freedom anymore. For me this system is the worst of all time. Sometimes they want to change things so badly that they make the things worse. I'm pretty sure next year or in two years they will announce new set pieces and went back to the old style like KONAMI did. It's marketing and business and nothing else.

Everything. Of course you could disable the target mark but it's still there. There is no freedom anymore. For me this system is the worst of all time. Sometimes they want to change things so badly that they make the things worse. I'm pretty sure next year or in two years they will announce new set pieces and went back to the old style like KONAMI did. It's marketing and business and nothing else.

For me, camera is just camera. Camera doesn't change the essence of the game.

Well, how could you confirm there is no freedom anymore after disabling the mark?

OK,

For me, camera is just camera. Camera doesn't change the essence of the game.

Well, how could you confirm there is no freedom anymore after disabling the mark?

If you disable the target mark it doesn't change the mechanics. So the mark is still there but not visible. If you take the corner you can't spin the ball like the years before. Maybe I'm just bad at it but I don't enjoy taking corners anymore. I don't have the feeling to have the full control and that's annoying.

- Ball scale.
Ball scale looks very realistic when playing game, although I admit the disharmony between ball scale and man scale in some cut scenes, which we don't notice very often.

- Corner kick.

- Smooth.
It's likely a matter of personal taste. For me, I feel smooth like silk.
Ball scale is nowhere near realistic when playing game and in cutscenes is even worse and for some reason they made players feet bigger than they should be and it looks even more ridiculous.The thing is it's not only ugly on the eye but also kills ball physics and sometimes looks and feels like a bowling ball.If the ball was bigger like a normal real ball it would look and feel much more beautiful.In 16 it was like that and there was no reason to change it.Look in real football when tiny players like Giovinco or Insigne have the ball it looks very big on their feet and then look at Giovinco with the ball at this Fifa,you can't see or feel this scale difference,he looks like he is Lukaku on the ball lol.And what about the horrendous night lighting?Look a match on TV at Bernabeu and see how it looks and then look how it looks in this Fifa.Looks like it's haunted or something and super dark and pitch looks like a swamp from the middle ages.Is this supposed to be realistic?Lol.

I completely agree.This corner system is just pathetic.It's like all the 12 year olds complained to EA that things are complicated so they're done them super basic.Now you just push a button and all is done automatically even the curve.Penalty system is also worse now in my opinion.Until 16 it looked and felt natural and smooth,now it is clunky and many times the player overrides an animation when he's about to kick the ball and it doesn't feel fluid and natural at all.Also when he runs from the wide side he then suddenly in a split second gets in line with the ball and shoots.It looks very bad,unrealistic and weird.

If you disable the target mark it doesn't change the mechanics. So the mark is still there but not visible. If you take the corner you can't spin the ball like the years before. Maybe I'm just bad at it but I don't enjoy taking corners anymore. I don't have the feeling to have the full control and that's annoying.
Again completelly agree.This camera is very bad now for corners.You must have the players point of view who is about to take the corner to feel that you have control like it was before.And the most annoying thing is it doesn't let you control the curve like before.Now it looks very random and stupidly simple.Just push a button and bam.The thing is most Fifa players are casuals not hardcores and they don't care for these things and EA knows this.

What do you mean by the mechanics?

Oh dear, I tested it myself many times after this argument, and your confirmation turned out to be just your imagination. I could still control my corner kicks after turning off the target mark. The ball always flew away to where my left thumb stick turned, and landed too far away from the default position of the target mark. Test it yourself if you doubt.

Ball scale is nowhere near realistic when playing game and in cutscenes is even worse and for some reason they made players feet bigger than they should be and it looks even more ridiculous.The thing is it's not only ugly on the eye but also kills ball physics and sometimes looks and feels like a bowling ball.If the ball was bigger like a normal real ball it would look and feel much more beautiful.In 16 it was like that and there was no reason to change it.Look in real football when tiny players like Giovinco or Insigne have the ball it looks very big on their feet and then look at Giovinco with the ball at this Fifa,you can't see or feel this scale difference,he looks like he is Lukaku on the ball lol.And what about the horrendous night lighting?Look a match on TV at Bernabeu and see how it looks and then look how it looks in this Fifa.Looks like it's haunted or something and super dark and pitch looks like a swamp from the middle ages.Is this supposed to be realistic?Lol.
I completely agree.This corner system is just pathetic.It's like all the 12 year olds complained to EA that things are complicated so they're done them super basic.Now you just push a button and all is done automatically even the curve.Penalty system is also worse now in my opinion.Until 16 it looked and felt natural and smooth,now it is clunky and many times the player overrides an animation when he's about to kick the ball and it doesn't feel fluid and natural at all.Also when he runs from the wide side he then suddenly in a split second gets in line with the ball and shoots.It looks very bad,unrealistic and weird.

Your ridiculous theory that bigger feet kill ball physics, is enough to make 5-year-old boys LOL.
Physics in game is up to setting values written on certain config file or something like that, but has nothing to do with the shape of the 3D model.

Again completelly agree.This camera is very bad now for corners.You must have the players point of view who is about to take the corner to feel that you have control like it was before.And the most annoying thing is it doesn't let you control the curve like before.Now it looks very random and stupidly simple.Just push a button and bam.The thing is most Fifa players are casuals not hardcores and they don't care for these things and EA knows this.

Looking at you, your whole interests are such as ball scale, foot scale, corner kick camera...you look casual too rather than hardcore.

In terms of spinning a ball when you take a corner kick in FIFA 16, well I'm not sure if it is your full control, or subtly scripted gimmick which make you believe as if you had a full control, but I'm sure it's not so much complicated even for 5-year-old boys to accomplish it. Remember the combination of skill in non-battle situation, aim the target, and push the buttons in order bam bam...I don't see any hardcore from this.

Last edited:
Click +Quote to each post you want to reply to, then at the bottom you get an option to insert quotes, no need to reply 3 times to reply to three posts!

What do you mean by the mechanics?

Oh dear, I tested it myself many times after this argument, and your confirmation turned out to be just your imagination. I could still control my corner kicks after turning off the target mark. The ball always flew away to where my left thumb stick turned, and landed too far away from the default position of the target mark. Test it yourself if you doubt.

Your ridiculous theory that bigger feet kill ball physics, is enough to make 5-year-old boys LOL.
Physics in game is up to setting values written on certain config file or something like that, but has nothing to do with the shape of the 3D model.

Looking at you, your whole interests are such as ball scale, foot scale, corner kick camera...you look casual too rather than hardcore.

In terms of spinning a ball when you take a corner kick in FIFA 16, well I'm not sure if it is your full control, or subtly scripted gimmick which make you believe as if you had a full control, but I'm sure it's not so much complicated even for 5-year-old boys to accomplish it. Remember the combination of skill in non-battle situation, aim the target, and push the buttons in order bam bam...I don't see any hardcore from this.
Are you high or something?I didn't say bigger feet kill ball physics,just that they look bad and urealisticly big.I said because the ball is so small ball physics look worse and are being butchered and 'killed' and if the ball had a normal size it would look much more beautifull and correct.But to who am i talking to..a guy who said that current ball looks 'very realistic' in game..LOL..Better go watch some real football,get a real football sense or go see your eyes checked.

Are you high or something?I didn't say bigger feet kill ball physics,just that they look bad and urealisticly big.I said because the ball is so small ball physics look worse and are being butchered and 'killed' and if the ball had a normal size it would look much more beautifull and correct.But to who am i talking to..a guy who said that current ball looks 'very realistic' in game..LOL..Better go watch some real football,get a real football sense or go see your eyes checked.

I respect your sexual love for the balls, but you don't have to do this to me. I don't want to talk with you any more. Happy enjoying your FIFA 16, and bye.

Back
Top Bottom