FIFA 18 - PC Discussion

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by wolly1979, 11 September 2017.

1. Ozkar

Ozkar Championship

16 August 2005
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Arsenal FC
    Didn't work. But come to think of it, I've still got 9 hours left on my trial and I won't be able to play more than that until friday anyway.

2. VuZet

VuZet Pro Evo 6!

5 June 2005
    Huddersfield
    Which of VPNs are you using?

Is it the HMA you've mentioned about on previous page, then? Is it free to use?

As I can see, the price is around £50 (in Korea) for a Ronaldo version :)

3. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    La Manga Del Mar Menor, Spain.
    Sheffield Wednesday
    I use PureVPN but also have HMA, HMA wasn't showing it was really in Korea when you choose Korea (some VPNs are bad like that), PureVPN worked correctly for Korea and unlocked the game, I believe New Zealand should also work.

With the EA Access discount I paid £45.81 for the Korean Ronaldo version.

4. nabuhodonozor

nabuhodonozor Non-League

26 September 2017
    Why it didn't work ?
    I was about to buy from Korea
    @Placebo would you help brother out if I'd fail as well ? ;)

5. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    What settings did you use for PureVPN?

Tried everything and the game wouldn't activate.

6. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Sure thing :)

You do have the Ronaldo or Icon version right? They're the only ones that unlock three days early, VPN or no VPN. The Icon/Ronaldo version doesn't require a VPN anymore it's unlocked everywhere.

7. nabuhodonozor

nabuhodonozor Non-League

26 September 2017
    @Placebo

Do you know any person who succesfully changed language in FIFA 17 via data files ?

8. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    In Fifa17 no I don't think so, this would have been a victim of the unmoddability of the game, hopefully this is something which will be possible now.

9. nabuhodonozor

nabuhodonozor Non-League

26 September 2017
    Hopefully ?
    Is there any indication this year might be different ? Any modders cracked the game or something ?

10. Nisoley

Nisoley Premiership

10 May 2005
    Stuttgart
    This year we'll have modding but don't expect too much. We can only change textures and nothing else. Another problem is that some files couldn't be used combined. For example if you change something in the database and someone else adds some minikits you must decide what you want to use. Only way is a big global patch like Moddingway. So yeah, it's better than last year but it's still very basic and it won't change anytime soon.

11. Sami 1999

Sami 1999 Noob

28 June 2015
    So we can't import head models? That sucks.
    Importing head models and editing db is very important.

12. Nisoley

Nisoley Premiership

10 May 2005
    Stuttgart
    GalaxyMan is working on an import feature for models but it will be really difficult. EA tries to end modding...

Sami 1999 likes this.
  13. nabuhodonozor

nabuhodonozor Non-League

26 September 2017
    @Placebo
    I didn't know there is no Polish language this year in Russian version ( I'm from Poland) and did order it
    Now I see refund on Origin can take like 10 days (madness) so really can't buy from Korea
    Well guess I'll have to learn Cyrillic :APPLAUD:

14. Moderator

Moderator Jetsetting Scouser

1 December 2003
    LFC
    Finally got the Ronaldo edition and started a career mode with LFC. Once I got the game speed down to slow and tweaked a few settings, game was so much more playable. Not as nuanced as PES18 but still enjoyable.

15. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Unfortunately Origin has a history of messing up the languages in the Eastern European versions of the game in particular, sorry for your troubles :(

16. Granger

Granger Non-League

26 September 2016
    Please if anyone preordered fifa from cdkeys tell me is code going to be received maybe 1hour before official release 29 september 12 cet i think?
    I want to know because i want to preorder it and want to take that bonus few things for FUT
    so if anyone knows please tell me i really need an answer

17. Redzik

Redzik Non-League

14 September 2017
    Example for my PES18 Premium from cdkeys I got key- they have scan from box, on morning day before premiere. At polish forum someone asked cdkeys about key, they wrote:

18. nabuhodonozor

nabuhodonozor Non-League

26 September 2017
    MY bad I guess for not checking out
    I was thinking if I'd apply for refund would be possible to buy from Korea right away ? Or would I have to wait for refund to be completed ?

19. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Unfortunately you'd have to wait, there are reports that people have had the language they require added to the game when talking it through via customer support chat, worth a try, especially if you can show Polish was in previous Russian versions so it was a fair assumption to make on your part.

20. manmachine

manmachine League 2

22 June 2008
    CD keys started sending out the keys it seems.
    Just received mine and successfully redeemed it on origin.
    Obviously can't play yet, but does anyone know if there's a preload option? Can't see anything about it.

Last edited: 28 September 2017
  21. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    If you buy from Origin yes, otherwise you can only download when you add the key.

22. manmachine

manmachine League 2

22 June 2008
    I suppose you mean I can not download it before the official release date/time.
    Because I've already added the key and the game sits tantalisingly in my games library. Oh well. Hopefully EA's servers will be ready for a bit of extra traffic!

23. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Earliest place to activate the game is New Zealand @ 3PM UK time.

Otherwise any of the Asian countries will activate @ 4PM UK time.

24. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Cheat table is already out and working for Fifa18! Numerous things included but best of all it gets rid of the annoying fog of war in career mode so you don't have to waste time scouting players to bid for them!

http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-18-career-mode-cheat-table.6459576/

25. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Bought a new UPS recently, thought it was sufficient for my PC, apparently skill games in Fifa18 make my PC use more juice than the UPS provides which makes a very loud, obnoxious alarm go off from the UPS, matches no problem, just the skill mini games!

26. Thespeedster84

Thespeedster84 Champions League

4 October 2010
    Jakarta City
    uninterrupted power supply ? what is your spec anyway ?

27. bobdillon

bobdillon League 1

19 April 2006
    i got the key from cd keys and reedeemed on origin but it does not let me play the game?, anyone know why this is pls?

28. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    AMD RX 480 8gb
    AMD FX 8350 CPU
    16gb RAM
    3 SSD & 2 Standard Hard Drives

Using exactly 150 Watts whilst writing this post, UPS has a 360 Watts capacity and I honestly thought that'd be enough as my previous one was only 300 Watts and it was always fine for gaming except for playing The Division with two Nvidia 770s running SLI and I'm sure I had the monitor plugged in as well.

29. dazzer169

dazzer169 Conference

13 April 2008
    Liverpool
    Anyone else in here, like Bobdillon and I, who cannot DOWNLOAD or play the bloody full game, should get over to the EA forums where 3000 people have the same issue and I have never seen so many angry threads, there is even a petition started.

30. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Shoulda pre-loaded, release day crap like this is so common.