FIFA 18 (PC Version)

Good news: http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-18-news-discussion.6459481/page-6

Special thanks to regularcat who is working on this mod. I'm testing his mod to see if there's any performance loss. So far, the Mod worked fine on my PC, had a locked 60 FPS even on cut-scenes and rarely dropped to 58 FPS. The performance is same as LOD mod using cheat engine.

But this time you don't need cheat engine to get the LOD working, just paste the files in the correct folder like we used to do with older FiFA games [FiFA 2005-2016] and boom.

But I don't know if it's safe for online mode. So make sure to backup files so that you can play online by replacing the backup files.

FIFA_18_Screenshot_2017.11.03_-_22.25.08.67crop.png

Good news: http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-18-news-discussion.6459481/page-6

Special thanks to regularcat who is working on this mod. I'm testing his mod to see if there's any performance loss. So far, the Mod worked fine on my PC, had a locked 60 FPS even on cut-scenes and rarely dropped to 58 FPS. The performance is same as LOD mod using cheat engine.

But this time you don't need cheat engine to get the LOD working, just paste the files in the correct folder like we used to do with older FiFA games [FiFA 2005-2016] and boom.

But I don't know if it's safe for online mode. So make sure to backup files so that you can play online by replacing the backup files.

FIFA_18_Screenshot_2017.11.03_-_22.25.08.67crop.png

Nice one! Turning Cheat Engine on each time I run the game for improving LOD + camera tool makes me sick.
When is that going to be ready to download, test up?

Nice one! Turning Cheat Engine on each time I run the game for improving LOD + camera tool makes me sick.
When is that going to be ready to download, test up?

I think he is testing to make sure it works on most PCs. Cause he don't want people to complain about performance issues.

Is the LOD quality in your mod at same level as Fidel's Ultra High settings ? Or is it even better? Thanks for info in last post :- )
It's same as Fidel's. I don't think it can go any highers.

Improvements that are left are to enable Self Shadow in gameplay camera. Self Shadow is not visible during gameplat atm.

Also, 3D grass draw distance needs to be increased.

Suddenly I hit upon a idea and drew it like below.
Anyone can feel free to use my idea even for commercial interests. I don't care. But one thing, just proper credits please, such as 'Inspired by Marthchyld' or something like that.
K7wMuKJ.jpg

All it needs is a feeling system next. Like sensors attach to your body that pulsates when you are being fouled or when your shirt is being pulled or when you are getting shoved(happens a lot in FIFA 18). Other than that, I can see this working. Probably won't even need a defender doll if you can get sensors to work right or a ball for that matter.

It's same as Fidel's. I don't think it can go any highers.

Improvements that are left are to enable Self Shadow in gameplay camera. Self Shadow is not visible during gameplat atm.

Also, 3D grass draw distance needs to be increased.

I look forward to your knowledge, passion and inolvment guys :) Let's take the most of it. I know we can't change the graphics completely, just enhance it, improve in some terms, but it's something at least.

I wish and dream about modding possibilities to be back to FIFA.. I was doing it since 2002 and can't agree to be not able to do it anymore. Maybe, one day..

Last edited:
I look forward to your knowledge, passion and inolvment guys :) Let's take the most of it. I know we can't change the graphics completely, just enhance it, improve in some terms, but it's something at least.

I wish and I dream about modding possibilities to be back to FIFA.. I was doing it since 2002 and can't agree to be not able to do it anymore. Maybe, one day..
DB editing has already been possible and Fidel is trying to get CM 16 working with FiFA 18 DB. You still can't import faces or kits though and that's the biggest problem this year. Hopefully someone figures out a way to import stuff.

No, you didn't post it here. I used to move to Youtube from here to watch a video with bigger screen. One day I moved to Youtube as usual to watch one of your Fifa 18 viedos you post here. I was kinda glad to see your iconic bulldog in such a place, so I involuntarily entered into your Channel.

BTW, I'll forget about your Fifa 18 review regarding to new update, as both of you;) must be busy enjoying the brand new Assassin's Creed recently.

Stumbling onto my youtube channel is a joy that only happens once in a lifetime ;) Yes I'm afraid I haven't touched Fifa since Assassin's Creed Origins came out as it's fun to be playing a game at the same time as my wife!

Fidel just released an excellent gameplay patch that introduces more physical play, fouls, responsive dribbling(like FIFA 16) and just harder gameplay in general. Now you really have to earn your goals and CPU passing is also more natural and deadly. Honestly, it got me back in FIFA 18 again. Here it is: http://soccergaming.com/index.php?t...dwide-mods-tools.6459580/page-17#post-6474018

What exact files did you install mate, there's a bunch in the Folder that the link goes to.

Cheers.

I want to get Fidel's patches but it's all a little to confusing for me, coming from PES.
I want to get this new aggression system where it makes matches have a lot more fouls, and I also want to disable cheating.

I reead somewhere you have to turn off Adaptive difficulty and Mental and Emotional strings as well.
But can anybody please upload the file where this has already been done? Not because I'm lazy but because I've tried doing it myself and couldn't find any of these strings.

Can anybody post the links or upload the files or guide me through the process?

EDIT: TUTORIAL 1 HERE: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.p...dwide-mods-tools.6459580/page-13#post-6473450

Last edited:
I thought it had been confirmed that "adaptive difficulty" is just that message that pops up to say e.g. "you're finding Professional too easy"?

I thought it had been confirmed that "adaptive difficulty" is just that message that pops up to say e.g. "you're finding Professional too easy"?

That is different. Adaptive Difficulty is responsible to make crappy teams play like world class teams or world class teams play like crappy teams depending on your form, how many goals you score, how many shots you have had, etc.

Does anyone know what is going on with the FIFA modding scene? I'd love nothing more than to play a World Cup right now with all the correct kits, balls and adboards.

@Topaz or @Sami 1999 or @Placebo
Since you guys seem to follow the FIFA modding community a lot more than I do lately could you tell me rather easily what I need to download and do to get more fouls and more aggression from the CPU?.
I've seen some posts on the SG forums where people are getting about 15 fouls from the AI.

Fidel's thread is so confusing, so messy. Even the first post (which he uses as an index).
It's like you have to download and run 5 different things in order to get:
Better GFX and LOW
Better cameras
Better gameplay (you have to download about 2 or 3 stuff and I don't even know if they overlap each other or what).

Thanks in advance guys.

Yeah i'd love to know too. at the moment i just extract fidel's file into a new folder in my Fifa 18 folder.. and install specific gameplay/graphic option in the tools .exe. Then update the squad with what fidel's provide..

I think the graphic or 3d grass tweak has applied very well because draw distance is better, too much i think and the ball type in arena mod has changed too.

I think ball physic has improved in passing too. Good one though..

Now, how to reduce gameplay speed.. is already low in the game setting but still faster than pes 0 speed.

I do also hope to see miracle that fifa's running annimation altered but no luck :D It just..

Last edited:
Since you guys seem to follow the FIFA modding community a lot more than I do lately could you tell me rather easily what I need to download and do to get more fouls and more aggression from the CPU?.
I've seen some posts on the SG forums where people are getting about 15 fouls from the AI.

Fidel's thread is so confusing, so messy. Even the first post (which he uses as an index).
Better GFX and LOW
Better cameras
Better gameplay (you have to download about 2 or 3 stuff and I don't even know if they overlap each other or what).

Thanks in advance guys.

To get fouls, I had to run the gameplay patch from Fidel's google drive(where he uploads beta files) with CPU Scripting removed which reduces accurate tackles from the CPU. I average around 10-15 fouls in 10 mins match. All you need to do is replace your locale.ini file and the initfs_Win32 file inside the Patch folder on your main game(make sure you are not using the latest version of the game 1.03 as it messes up a lot of things for me). You also need to put the bcrypt.dll inside the main game folder. If you want improved stats, then put your squad files inside My Documents/FIFA 18/settings folder. That's pretty much it.

Does anyone know what is going on with the FIFA modding scene? I'd love nothing more than to play a World Cup right now with all the correct kits, balls and adboards.

The first modding tool has just been released so we should see an influx of new mods soon hopefully :)

I haven't tried his gameplay changes as I'm happy with the game currently with tweaked sliders but I do read his thread to see how he's progressing, you're not wrong it can be hard to follow, with the release of Frostytools now there's a chance we'll see cleaner/simpler gameplay mods soon so maybe worth holding on a little while longer.

Better GFX and LOW
Better cameras

Thanks in advance guys.
I'm not using Cheat Engine mod for LOD anymore.

I'm just using modified files that's been edited by Regularcat. He said he is releasing the mod at the same time the tool he used to change the files gets released. So be patient.

About camera, Fidel's cheat engine is your only option. But it works just fine.

1. Start the game and once you are in the main menu of FiFA 18, then minimize the game.

2. Open Fidel's Camera Tool.

3. Return back to game and then Press the buttons as instructed by Fedel and you will hear a confirmation voice. Then press the buttons on the Numpad [I forgot which ones] to change camera values.

I am not using any gameplay patches since I'm fine with the default fast paced gamepay.

Thanks everybody!
You have all been very kind =)

To get fouls, I had to run the gameplay patch from Fidel's google drive(where he uploads beta files) with CPU Scripting removed which reduces accurate tackles from the CPU. I average around 10-15 fouls in 10 mins match. All you need to do is replace your locale.ini file and the initfs_Win32 file inside the Patch folder on your main game(make sure you are not using the latest version of the game 1.03 as it messes up a lot of things for me). You also need to put the bcrypt.dll inside the main game folder. If you want improved stats, then put your squad files inside My Documents/FIFA 18/settings folder. That's pretty much it.

Could you please upload and PM your locale.ini, initfs_Win32 and bcrypt.dll for me? I need to get this fouls patch everybody's talking about! (Could't find it on my own)!

So... yesterday I have finally been able to set up my 4K TV to run at its native resolution and at 60hz connected through HDMI to my PC and played FIFA on it. I must admit, I have been pleasantly surprised for the first time.

I had given FIFA 18 a try in numerous times and I always ended up getting bored or annoyed or found myself playing the game unwillingly.

...But yesterday it was different.

I used the following combo: Fidel's lastest Mod using FrostyModManager + Broadcast Camera Tweak + Super Ultra High LOD Settings + Fidel's lastest AGPE + Matt's lastest sliders with a few changes to suit my taste (for me his settings still made the game way too fast).

First of all, playing the game on 4K made a HUGE difference. I love my monitor too, I bought it not too long ago and it's a great one. I didn't even think the TV could make such a big impact, but it did. FIFA graphics aren't as bad as I thought, they are actually very good. I think some TVs add extra color vibrance and smoothness that make football games in particular much nicer. While monitors are designed to be sharper and more color accurate, which can sometimes result in a more pale image. Oh should I also mention that I messed a little with NVidia's Control Panel color adjustments a little to make the image a little less warm and a little bit more cold looking.

Anyways... I had a great time. Lost count of the matches I've played, but I think many of them were extremely interesting. Some of them were boring, just like it happens in real life and then out of nowhere a nice goal. Some of them were more end to end. Some of them were really battled.
Some animations still look weird to me. Specially passing ones. Like... the player rushes into the animation before he should, so sometimes the ball is a little behind his foot but because "he must perform the animation" he still manages to pass it properly. Clearly impossible in real life.

Now all I need is to get that fouls tweak, because I'm really enjoying the game now.

Last edited:
Rushed animations is one of Fifa's biggest problems.Like Chuny says you can clearly see and feel it when you pass the ball.That's why the game feels smooth but not fluid,because of this unrealistic quickness and animation interuptions.It's like it doesn't let the animation to be executed and completed naturally and fluidly but it forces it to happen faster than it should be.That's one of the reasons i play PES more because it's not as smooth as Fifa but it's much more fluid as animations are completed more naturally -especially on -1 speed which i like to play- and the movement feels like it has a realistic weight and momentum in it,where in Fifa it feels more like a feather. The thing is most people especially teens want a ''fun'' fast responsive gameplay so EA sacrifices realism for more response.If they want i think they can make it more realistic.But what do you expect when you see youtube comments say ''why care so much about realism?If you want realism go outside and play.''lol.:FAIL:

Rushed animations is one of Fifa's biggest problems.Like Chuny says you can clearly see and feel it when you pass the ball.That's why the game feels smooth but not fluid,because of this unrealistic quickness and animation interuptions.It's like it doesn't let the animation to be executed and completed naturally and fluidly but it forces it to happen faster than it should be.That's one of the reasons i play PES more because it's not as smooth as Fifa but it's much more fluid as animations are completed more naturally -especially on -1 speed which i like to play- and the movement feels like it has a realistic weight and momentum in it,where in Fifa it feels more like a feather. The thing is most people especially teens want a ''fun'' fast responsive gameplay so EA sacrifices realism for more response.If they want i think they can make it more realistic.But what do you expect when you see youtube comments say ''why care so much about realism?If you want realism go outside and play.''lol.:FAIL:

Yes, I want fun over realism.

And we have 2 games, PES and FiFA. So I don't want FiFA to become slow unresponsive mess like PES.

I guess old man can play PES while youngs can play FiFA. I'm totally fine with that. And I hope FiFA stays fast and responsive as it is.

Yes, I want fun over realism.

And we have 2 games, PES and FiFA. So I don't want FiFA to become slow unresponsive mess like PES.

I guess old man can play PES while youngs can play FiFA. I'm totally fine with that. And I hope FiFA stays fast and responsive as it is.

You can take this as a warning having deleted Your last attempt to derail this thread with FIFA VS PES,
and Your attempt to divide & conquer with the old & young analogy is pure bollocks.

Watch it.

Last edited:
I'm unable to play matches ever since windows update (forced btw, didn't even get to say no, fuck you Microsoft!). Once I'm on the screen for game settings and team management and to launch the game, once I hit the start match button, the game gets stuck and unresponsive. Oddly enough, if I disconnect my controller, it goes back to the screen for side select. But then I still can't play games as I go forward. Anyone know why? I've tried running as admin, and still nothing. Really wanted to get some games in today. :/

Anyone have this problem?

Back
Top Bottom