FIFA 18 - Nintendo Switch Thread

I've had a few games.

Its definitely "16" in terms of UI and features.

Feels a little like 17 on the pitch, but with some of the new 18 features put in (nerfed chipped through balls, holding dummy button to play away from ball, new crossing buttons).

I DO like it, but its so hard when comparing to all the bells and whistles of the PS4 version. You really have to view it as its own entity and not expect even a watered down PS4/XBO version. Its not that. Its some sort of hybrid made to replicate the bigger FIFAs is the best way I can explain it.

As I say, I do like it, its good and if you dont have a bigger console, then its definitely a decent FIFA game.

Yeah I think it does.
Review said that using a joy con each hurts the fingers and you cant do all the moves (finesse shot)
Its best played with the £60 joy pad or putting two joy cons together.

Id be worried by this bit of a review i found though.....

The Switch is now seven months old and we've finally got our first proper football game on the console-cum-handheld machine.

And it's good.

You're not getting the full Fifa 18 experience in this cut-down version of the annual soccer simulation.

But you're still getting a decent footie game packed full of fun matches for both home play and on-the-go gaming.

This may be Fifa 18 on the box, but be warned you're really getting a port of what the Fifa games were like a couple of years back.

That's no bad thing, because one of my moans about this year's game on the PS4 or Xbox One was that it felt a bit too slow.

Cheers
When you do can you confirm whether this game has sliders?

Yup it has all that - I've tweaked the sliders a bit and also I always play on "Slow" so I'd be annoyed if it didnt have that. Its basically the FULL FIFA experience, bar The Journey and a couple of FUT features.

In terms of gameplay, I've described it like this;

FIFA 16: 70%
FIFA 17: 20%
FIFA 18: 10%

But dont take that as a negative, it plays a VERY fun game of football. Something about it reminds me of the good times playing PES on the Vita (when PES was good).

Handheld feels really good and its great playing some online FUT on the couch whilst the mrs watches TV. Docked feels even better IMO for some reason and using the Pro Controller is perfect.

I'm playing this more than the PS4 version for sure. The PS4 obviously looks better and has shinier features, but the Switch is definitely more fun to play.

@pboreham- Have you tried it online? Reviews say that part is a bit of a mess.
You also cant invite a mate to play you.

Cant invite friends, but online has been solid for me (in FUT at least). Matches get found almost instantly and played about 20 so far and only 1 was unplayable due to lag. All the others were absolutely fine.

Great game this.
Fun is back.

Found one glitch.
Played online and when game started I had two men kick off.
When I scored it went to the new way of one man.

Great fun.
It really does remind me of Pes

Started a CM with Napoli.
Bought in Keita for €25,000,000 and Allan
Will look to get another striker.

Some odd transfers here though. West Brom are in advanced talks with Firmino!

Well I hijacked WBAs move for Firmino and got him for €22,500,000 plus an aging Mertins and Virgil Van Dijk for £24,500,000 and an £11m centre half who name I’ve forgotten.

I’ve sold a load of fringe players. Napoli have about 12 players loaned out for some reason. All rubbish and in last year of deal so they can walk for nothing at end of season.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Switch version will get patches/updates.

Seen a few things that need fixing - sometimes there are two men taking kick off. Some players are seriously dated (Salah at liverpool has skinhead and no beard).

I hope they havent just released it and will leave it.

Interesting sales stats released recently:

P24p6xI.jpg

Sales of FIFA 18 on the Xbox 360 narrowly beat sales on the Switch - yet industry insiders think EA will be happy with the numbers (approx. 7,500-10,000 copies).

I'd half-expect the same version every year from now on, though. (Hopefully you'll at least be able to play friends in the next edition!)

Back
Top Bottom