1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

FIFA 18 DEMO - REVIEWS & OPINIONS

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by P34SEMM, 11 September 2017.

1. P34SEMM

P34SEMM @iam_emmo

2 November 2011
    Romford
    Liverpool FC
    In here......

Demo out 12/09......

2. goalgerd

goalgerd File Maker

30 July 2006
    dublin, eire
    Ringsend Rovers
    in 2 hours

3. wolly1979

wolly1979 Championship

6 April 2006
    roma
    as roma
    *Please note: The launch of the FIFA 18 Demo varies depending on location. Release date subject to change without notice. Follow @EASPORTSFIFA for additional updates.

4. patzor

patzor League 1

11 July 2010
    It's like they're using the same presets as in battlefield and stuff with the frostbite settings.

5. goalgerd

goalgerd File Maker

30 July 2006
    dublin, eire
    Ringsend Rovers
    downloading now, this will be interesting as i haven't played fifa since fifa09 and am a hardcore pes player

6. talucchesi

talucchesi League 2

2 March 2015
    Ok so I've already noticed:

No team styles in the tactics menu
    No sliders
    Cant change game speed.

Great start EA :NO:

7. pepper63

pepper63 Nice N Sleazy

19 May 2005
    Your Sisters Bedroom
    Only One Man Utd.
    I can't see it in psn: Got it.

8. Redhat

Redhat Championship

16 June 2007
    US
    Manchester United
    It's like that with every demo.

9. stuartyd

stuartyd Premiership

11 October 2004
    On the PS store now

10. Lewpop

Lewpop Non-League

26 March 2017
    Poor ball physics, janky hyperspeed animations, stuck on normal gamespeed and no sliders... Yeah it's not great.

11. Neverborn

Neverborn Conference

27 August 2017
    300 kb download from Origin what is this madness

12. talucchesi

talucchesi League 2

2 March 2015
    Nah, we've had sliders before. Last year as well

Shouldn't the "team styles" Ea tooted since E3 be testable through a demo of the full game? How are we going to ever know if they work or not?

13. Granger

Granger Non-League

26 September 2016
    guys is khedira bugged at all of you like mine?
    It says 84 CM,no picture of khedira no Name Just CM(84)
    Atletico faces not updated only Griezman

14. Bendit

Bendit Champions League

12 November 2005
    UEFA CL
    Last year's demo was the first we couldn't adjust sliders. Gutted you can't this year. Do EA want a sale or what?!

15. Redhat

Redhat Championship

16 June 2007
    US
    Manchester United
    The FIFA 17 demo most certainly did not have sliders. Prior to FIFA 17, I believe they did. So sure, I was wrong in that it's a more recent thing.

16. talucchesi

talucchesi League 2

2 March 2015
    Hmm, maybe you're right, couldve sworn I remembered doing slider testing with Matt last year but maybe I'm wrong

17. Kunio_Kun

Kunio_Kun Championship

11 July 2011
    Istanbul
    Fenerbahce
    Man , shooting feels so rewarding..

18. Redhat

Redhat Championship

16 June 2007
    US
    Manchester United
    It feels a lot heavier (in a good way) and the ball seems less attached to the player than previous iterations. That, and they've finally replaced that awful kicking sound (the foot contacting the ball sound) that has plagued the series for ages. Tricks your mind into believing the shots, passes, crosses feel heavier. These are just my first minute impressions, but on the ball, the game feels quite different.

19. Vadim

Vadim Pro Evo 6!

5 June 2005
    Huddersfield
    Well... For the first time since 2013 I turned the demo off after 10 minutes of playing. The speed of that game is a JOKE. It is clearly visible that FIFA is made mainly for UT players (Messi + Ronaldo + Pele in one team). Graphically? Well.. What the hell is that graphic filter (cinematic) that has been added ? Day/clear condition looks so horrible. I don't get it, don't buy it, I'm completely dissapointed with the gameplay as well as it is pretty much the same as on FIFA 17.

Goal nets look beautiful, and that's the only pros I've noticed so far. Honestly.

ianni likes this.
  20. TroyDeeneyScoredAPenal!

TroyDeeneyScoredAPenal! League 1

16 September 2016
    Watford
    Watford
    Have to say I disagree re the game speed. It's not as bad as you are saying.

Bendit likes this.
  21. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Just grabbed it now, had four games before getting booted off the TV because it's Great British Bake Off night.

Before I forget, "team styles" - I think (and I may be wrong) that they're AI-only and they're not going to be available to edit. But I may be wrong.

I'm really surprised that someone's said it's too fast - I thought it was really, really sluggish (playing on PS4 Pro in 4K, I wonder if that makes a difference).

This demo is (almost) a million miles from the beta I played. It's way slower, movement on the ball feels better and is less glitchy, and the AI seem to be doing different things. It still feels very keen to boot it straight to the striker, but there's more variety there.

Even on fully assisted passing, I enjoyed it. Players have weight, passes and shots too.

Still lots I'd like to test - I've only played on Professional and World Class difficulty so far and it felt a little too easy. But overall, I think it feels really, REALLY good.

I kept swapping between the 18 beta and my 17 career save with sliders, and I 100% preferred my 17 save. But this demo feels really balanced to me - and this is with default sliders. (My only real complaint is the AI pass accuracy on World Class was way too high, but I was playing against Bayern.)

Kije, Bendit, Colon and 4 others like this.
  22. guru83

guru83 League 1

8 August 2017
    This is very good I am enjoying it.

It's so much slower than previous FIFA game!!

23. guru83

guru83 League 1

8 August 2017
    Absolutely hate tactical defending mind you

24. elfie

elfie Championship

10 November 2003
    Holland
    Ajax
    I love the pace of the game, and am not even playing on slow yet so thats good.
    Shooting feels great.

The sliding tackle seems harder to pull off now, I keep mistiming it and get booked because of that.

Dribbling is smoother. Players like Ronaldo have a nice first movement to get past a defender. This is either random or me pressing some button that i'm unaware of.
    Pitch feels much smaller than in pes.

Btw : what a hideous logo for Juve!!!

Last edited: 12 September 2017
  25. wolly1979

wolly1979 Championship

6 April 2006
    roma
    as roma
    some graphic improvment... nothing else...
    exactly like last year

seppovich and Vadim like this.
  26. Redhat

Redhat Championship

16 June 2007
    US
    Manchester United
    Same as last year? Weird, as someone who has played 500+ hours (and has been playing FIFA 17 on a daily basis as of late), the game sure as hell feels different to me.

talucchesi, Bendit, Placebo and 3 others like this.
  27. elfie

elfie Championship

10 November 2003
    Holland
    Ajax
    Feels different to me as well, in a good way.

Gunslinger, Bendit, Placebo and 2 others like this.
  28. goalgerd

goalgerd File Maker

30 July 2006
    dublin, eire
    Ringsend Rovers

the dribbling moves are new auto feints from high skill players

elfie likes this.
  29. talucchesi

talucchesi League 2

2 March 2015
    Ironic because I have about the exact same impressions as I did with the Beta. Only played one game so far however. Glad you like it though!

If team styles are in fact, uneditable, what a major failure on EA's part

30. hitmanuk

hitmanuk Champions League

23 October 2002
    uk
    Just tried it, feels very good ..ive pre ordered pes and feel ing I might have jumped to soon..one question I have is fifa unlocked my hdr game mode on my 4k tv even though I don't have a ps4 pro ..looks very good..will pes do the same ? I thought her game mode was unlocked by the ps4 pro not the application