FIFA 17 - SLIDER THREAD

Scorpio

Proud member since 2002
2 November 2002
Belgium
Sporting Lokeren
Place your slider settings for FIFA 17 here. Hope it won't take long before we have the ultimate footy game.

Here we go:

From the Operation Sports thread:

Operation Sports Community Sliders - Set #3 (10/8/16)Pro/World Class/Legendary, Slow, 10-15 Minutes
Format: [Value - Value Number - OS Member - Explanation]

Sprint Speed 50/50 - @Matt10 - Keeping it very simple here. Adjust as you see fit.

Acceleration - 48/49 - @Matt10 - Slows down the pace of play without making it a complete bore. Players will feel like they have weight to them. If you feel like it's too sluggish, go to 49/50. Bursting (video @30 sec mark - where a player is able to sprint ,untouched, through the entire midfield and defense), can occur on many settings, and many combos of them. This is still a continued siege of experimentation to combat, but right when we think we have it - it shows up. It is most prevalent on kick-off, passing off to the winger, then sprinting diagonally from outside to in. I am not 100% sure of what the value should be. This needs the most attention.
***47/49 - @Josam27o7 - I would love for this to be the base, but the foul count has dropped with the CPU being under 50 acceleration. There is room to adjust acceleration anywhere, but I do believe the 2pt discrepancy is essential to prevent bursting.***

Shot Error
- 52/52 - @Matt10 - This is all personal preference. Adjust depending on your match minutes. I personally use 55.

Pass Error - 60/60 - @Josam27o7 - The best balance of efficient passing and pass variety, with a mix of bad and good. Humanizing the CPU is key, as always. Crosses are fine as well.

Shot Speed - 52/52 - @Rachel93 - Tested this for a little bit and absolutely loved it. Makes keepers perfect saves a thing of the past, and their reactions to shots on their goal quite realistic. Again, this is a personal preference.

Pass Speed - 40/40 - @Matt10 @Velocityy - Personal preference again. Adjust as you see fit. Pass Speed is relative to the distance the pass needs to cover, and run frequency determines the receivers collecting the ball. Remember, the CPU will use a driven pass, relative to the Pass Error. Driven passes range from a bottom range of 60 when Pass speed is on 50, and reach speeds up to 80. So, by lowering the pass speed you now get a good mix of pass speeds that can reach a max speed of 60, then you take in the pass error and that introduces the chance of that 60 speed of pass to be less accurate - as it should be.

Injury Frequency - 50/50 - Untouched. There is discussions of the most recent squad update fixed the injuries, this still needs to be looked at.

Injury Severity - 50/50 - Untouched. There is discussions of the most recent squad update fixed the injuries, this still needs to be looked at.

Goalkeeper Ability - 50/50 - @Matt10 - Best balance as too low and the GK will dive lower than the ball's height. Interested to see feedback on this value relative to Rachel's shot speed.

Marking - 60/60 - @Matt10 @lshballa11 - Spent a while on this one, and we found that marking at 60, relative to the set, is what works best. Enough room for an attacker to post up and release, and also enough compression to get proper space. The aim is that this value, relative to the other values, works with reducing the bursting and Defensive Angle Animation (DAA, where the defenders/midfielders will randomly "warp" forward or sideways, with no intention to get the ball, or player in possession)

Run Frequency - 25/25 - @lshballa11 - Changed our stance on this after testing it. Loved the types of runs we're seeing. Opens up the game, but not in a bad way as long runs can be covered just as well as runs that are check-to runs.

Line Height - 60/60 - @Matt10 - We've lowered this because with the increase in length, from Set #2, there needs to be room for the midfielders to still drop back, and not be "pushed" out of position. This creates that half-field approach when numbers are built up. The marking value also brings the defenders to be in the back of the attackers, and the attackers post up. This also helps the midfielders to post up in certain positions as well. In addition, the chance of offsides are stronger, not to mention more pass variety and clearances.

Line Length - 48/47 - @Matt10 - This one took a while, but man, was it worth it - especially with the Line Width discrepancy as well. The midfield is back now. They key is to have the discrepancy that allows the CPU to drop back just slightly, but enough that they keep players in front of them. *If you want to play proper attack/defending football, raise and lower your team's mentality by pushing L or R on the D-Pad when you are in, and out of possession. Just remember to adjust accordingly to where the ball is and match scenario.*

Line Width - 48/47 - @Matt10 - Dropping marking to 60 lets this width and length work correctly. The shape of the midfield is very good, and it gives those outlets for wide players.

Full Back Positioning - 20/20 - @Matt10 - FB's still get up the pitch at a good rate, and serve well as the outlet for the congested middle of the pitch, if needed. Works well that they aren't push so high that the CB's don't spread out to cover the transition.

First Touch Control - 50/51 - @Matt10 - So this one is still a WIP. The concept/theory here is that if the CPU is 1 point up in error, that reduces their foot-to-ball ratio, which means more tackles/fouls, especially with the CPU acceleration at 50. Again, it's always personal preference, and you can adjust to what you feel is solid. I would say play to the differences of this value, relative to the acceleration value of 50. So if you have accel at 47/49, use a differential of 3 - so it would be FT 50/53. Again, this is just a very early concept/theory - that needs some testing. Thanks.

Last edited:
Regarding injuries I'm currently testing 97/97 and 10/10, so much fun!

Ohhh, do tell. How is it working? Haven't even explored it yet, left it up to the experts. I'm still trying to fix bursting, and fouls. Go figure.

Ohhh, do tell. How is it working? Haven't even explored it yet, left it up to the experts. I'm still trying to fix bursting, and fouls. Go figure.

Medium to heavy challenges have a high chance of the player picking up a knock, so they'll stay down for a little while and then when they get up they'll carry the injury for a few minutes and then recover, not sure how it affects their stamina in the match (under the hood there's code to stay it should lower their stamina if they've received a knock but not sure if it really works), so far I haven't had any serious injuries that forces them to be subbed so I'm slowly raising the values but purely for the aspect of simulating the real life match experience where the reality is during every 90 minutes at least 3-4 players will pick up a knock of some kind in a challenge it creates that realism (in my mind!)

Medium to heavy challenges have a high chance of the player picking up a knock, so they'll stay down for a little while and then when they get up they'll carry the injury for a few minutes and then recover, not sure how it affects their stamina in the match (under the hood there's code to stay it should lower their stamina if they've received a knock but not sure if it really works), so far I haven't had any serious injuries that forces them to be subbed so I'm slowly raising the values but purely for the aspect of simulating the real life match experience where the reality is during every 90 minutes at least 3-4 players will pick up a knock of some kind in a challenge it creates that realism (in my mind!)

I like your thinking! That is the kind of thing that is needed to get the proper CM going. In my QPR CM I had multiple injuries, and had to use my depth like crazy. Was so rewarding. Will definitely test your settings!

I have Injuries (Legendary, 15 min, career mode) at 95/95, 25/25 and I have on average 3-6 injured players in my roster which is realistic for real life teams.

I must admit I do love it when your powerful CB wins a dominating header and leaves the attacker rolling around on the ground, even better when it makes the controller vibrate it's such a hard hit on the forward!

I must admit I do love it when your powerful CB wins a dominating header and leaves the attacker rolling around on the ground, even better when it makes the controller vibrate it's such a hard hit on the forward!

I really liked the 97/10, Placebo. There are still injuries, and the players still get up after being knocked down. This could bode very well for a proper CM. Thanks again!

@Matt10 These slides are great. Played as Napoli and lost 2-3 to Spurs. They were pressing and belting shots from distance. I was 3 down and got 2 back.

Glad to hear that. They are getting good feedback throughout, so that tells me we're on the right track.

There may be some slight updates to get a better CPU attack, and much more variety, so stay tuned for that as we're testing some values this week.

I really liked the 97/10, Placebo. There are still injuries, and the players still get up after being knocked down. This could bode very well for a proper CM. Thanks again!

Yeah it's a lot of fun! I bumped it up to 20 IIRC (will check) and have had a couple of injuries now that required recovery just 4 or 5 days but resulted in one missed match :)

Set 3 with a slightly higher pass speed is Damn near brilliant. It's kind of PES like and that's a good thing.

Some increased injuries or bookable offenses by the cpu would be great tho!

For some of you guys who find the speed way too break neck ... try experiment with

Speed - 33
Acceleration - 36
Pass speed - 25

Just a quick experiment, I've always played with this range. Just way too fast closer to 50

For some of you guys who find the speed way too break neck ... try experiment with

Speed - 33
Acceleration - 36
Pass speed - 25

Just a quick experiment, I've always played with this range. Just way too fast closer to 50

I actually use sprint speed of 25, but leave acceleration at 49%, it's pretty much perfect for me. I see lots of people saying not enough cpu fouls, but in my last 6 games I have been given 3 penalties in 3 different matches, and when I played Swansea, they received 4 yellow cards, 2 for Montero who was sent off in the 66th minute. AI doesn't appear to shield the ball anywhere near as much with a lower sprint speed either.

I actually use sprint speed of 25, but leave acceleration at 49%, it's pretty much perfect for me. I see lots of people saying not enough cpu fouls, but in my last 6 games I have been given 3 penalties in 3 different matches, and when I played Swansea, they received 4 yellow cards, 2 for Montero who was sent off in the 66th minute. AI doesn't appear to shield the ball anywhere near as much with a lower sprint speed either.

I'm now at Speed - 29, Acc - 32. Have you tried playing with pass speed around mid 20s ... slows it down a lot.

I'm also getting a realistic stream of penalties but fouls outside the box or within 28yds of goal and centrally is pretty rare.

i've been using operation sport slider 24/10/16 #4 and what a revelation. At first i thought it was a tad to fast as i had been using matts last set which seemed a lot harder to play maybe because of the speed and i was used to matts sliders but with these i'm finding the teams really stretching each other and some animations i don't believe i'd seen much before. also i have never had a straight red for pulling a shirt but got one. Some that you think are fouls get by the ref and others it's a yellow or even straight red. Great job OS and all involved.

It took quite a while, but sliders are finally done. Enjoy!

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/2181/0fOADn.png

FIFA17 Operation Sports Community Sliders
Pro/World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow/Normal Speed
----------------
Sprint:
50/50
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 53/53
Pass Error: 55/55
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 45/45
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 5/5
GK Ability: 15/15
Marking: 54/54
Run Frequency: 50/50
Height: 58/58
Length: 40/40
Width: 65/65
FB Positioning: 50/50
FT Control: 55/55

Last edited:
It took quite a while, but sliders are finally done. Enjoy!

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/2181/0fOADn.png

----------------
Sprint:
50/50
Acceleration: 50/50

Also wanted to note that height was changed from 60 to 58. The 60+ height was pushing the midfielders too far up the pitch still, and not letting them get close to their own defensive line.

Also, advised to change CTT defensive pressure to at least 55 for the CPU. You can do this on the PC with keyboard for 2nd player, and on consoles just need a second controller. If you're unable to do that, then I would suggest changing the CTT of the teams before starting a CM.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/4237/NUKO74.png

----------------
Sprint:
50/50
Acceleration: 49/49

Recent update hurt a bit more than we'd like. Here are the newest sliders:

Sprint - 51/51 - Reduces the jogging animation and creates more physicality since we can't create a length discrepancy due to how sensitive this update is.

Accel - 49/49 - No change here, personal preference.

Shot Error - 51/51 - Have to reduce it from 53 of most recent set because things are somewhat tighter, so need more goals/efforts.

Pass Error - 60/60 - Never had a problem with it at 60, this is personal preference though. Main thing to pay attention to is the crossing.

Shot Speed - 50/50 - For some reasons the shots are much harder (yet haven't made the keepers any less clinical) than before. Keeping it simple and back to 50.

Pass Speed - 45/30 - Big difference here is to remove that stupid drilled passing for the CPU. You will be surprised how hard the CPU can pass the ball even on 30.

Injury Freq - 50/50 - No Change.

Injury Severity - 5/5 - No Change.

GK Ability - 15/15 - No Change here.

Marking - 78/78 - Big difference from 54, I know. However, the defensive ADD shows up so much more on the lower marks, not to mention they are super indifferent and zero resistance to prance about the midfield. The strength of Set #2 was this value, so just kept it simple again.

Run Freq - 5/5 - Tighter lines and marking, you'll be surprised how there are still plenty of movements off the ball.

Height - 65/68 - The ol' height discrepancy of FIFA 16 Set D makes an appearance. The height in this game has changed for the "intent" to make the game more dynamic, but it was poorly executed. You can see what a difference height makes now with the patch updates. This is where a lot of trial and error was tested, and I'm glad to be able to use a higher line height with the composition of the set.

Length - 40/40 - Just produces the best looking midfield. Have gone all over the place with this, and it's been consistent. My only issue with it is how on clearances the players start to get closer together as the ball is in the air, just looks odd - but works when build up is involved, etc.

Width - 70/70 - Definitely wider than usual, but another very sensitive value as it controls the midfield width and the defensive line width. With the marking at 78, it's important to see proper coverage, but tight enough to have the play break open.

FB Pos - 60/60 - Another outlet to the lower run frequency, also serves for some nice variety from the back as teams will try to exploit the given space.

FT Control - 65/65 - Slowing the pace of play down here. Felt the game was also getting quite "soft" and almost no error on touches at 55.

Fixing this patch update...hopefully.

Operation Sports Community Sliders

World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Slow Speed

Camera: Broadcast, Default Zoom & Height

Sprint - 50/50 - Helps the CPU being dispossessed because the increase in speed means an increase in reaching another player, and thus a better chance of losing the ball.

Accel - 49/49 - More control of player's momentum. True through passes due to more loose balls.

Shot Error - 50/50 - more chances, needs more goals, simple.

Pass Error - 52/52 - Love that this works because the CPU will use all sorts of variety, and without the notion to drill pass every single time, due to the pass speed at 30, they have to find other ways to create chances - and they will - and they will keep you on your toes.

Shot Speed - 51/51 - Bumped this up because GK is now back at 50, get those slight deflections back and a chance to score a screamer once in a while.

Pass Speed - 45/32 - Bumped CPU pass speed to 32 from 30, and it's still maintained the proper speed in passes, with the occasional drilled pass once in a while. The FT control allows these type of passes not to be perfectly controlled, then add on the proper positioning via the line settings and marking. Kudos to everyone who tested the values of 32 and 33 respectively. The thought process with 32 is that the better teams/players will have a bit more tendency to drilled pass, but definitely not at the same tendency, or speed, as anything higher than 35.

Injury Freq - 50/50 - Best balance between injury variety and matches where players have to be subbed out, but also where there isn't that requirement.

Injury Severity - 5/5 - Best balance between injury variety and matches where players have to be subbed out, but also where there isn't that requirement.

GK Ability - 50/50 - No need to go super low on GK anymore since they dive underneath the flight of the ball on shots on all values. 50 has been best, but that doesn't mean they won't do it on occasion.

Marking - 49/54 - With increase in length, we can afford to lessen the marking value. Big kudos to @andanesean for suggesting lowering the user's marking under 50. The HLW makes up for the lack of marking values, but also allows the CPU to play with a lot more variety in their attack.

Run Freq - 5/5 - Plenty of movement off the ball, and run variety.

Height - 65/65 - Evened out height as 65/68 didn't really show too much, other than more off the mark defending on more on more than one occasion.

Length - 48/50 - Discrepancy now makes the CPU much more of a threat going forward, but still maintains overall shape.

Width - 54/53 - Discrepancy to compensate for the length increase. Want to make sure not so wide that defending players do not remain goal side, but not too wide where players aren't running into the box.

FB Pos - 68/68 - Think 68 is perfect. Good variety and nice to get proper counter attacks working.

FT Control - 65/65 - Lots of love for 65, don't see any real reason to lower it.

Amazing sliders...4 career mode games on legendary no fouls , no fatigue, gks stuck to their lines and identical goals.

The game is rotten from the core sorry :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Dynamic Camera Sliders v3

Controls - Semi/Assisted/Manual
Defending - Legacy

Game Length - 8/10 minutes
Game Speed - Normal
Difficulty - World Class

Camera - Dynamic
Height 0
Zoom 0

Sliders same for player & cpu

Sprint Speed 42
Acceleration 48
Shot Error 52
Pass Error 53
Shot Speed 47
Pass Speed 40
Injury Frequency 55
Injury Severity 25
GoalKeeper Ability 52
Marking 35
Run Frequency 16
Positioning Line Height 37
Positioning Line Length 60
Positioning Line Width 55
FullBack Positioning 40
First Touch Control Error 53

Last edited:
Dynamic Camera Sliders v4

Controls - Semi/Assisted/Manual
Defending - Legacy

Game Length - 8/10 minutes
Game Speed - Normal
Difficulty - World Class

Camera - Dynamic
Height 0
Zoom 0

Sliders same for player & cpu

**While I loved the way v3 played, games weren't always competitive.
v4 is a lot more so, I even lost to some Norwegian team even though they were down to 10 men after their goalie was sent off.**

v4

Sprint Speed 44
Acceleration 46
Shot Error 48
Pass Error 46
Shot Speed 55
Pass Speed 45
Injury Frequency 55
Injury Severity 25
GoalKeeper Ability 52
Marking 61
Run Frequency 6
Positioning Line Height 55
Positioning Line Length 56
Positioning Line Width 52
FullBack Positioning 47
First Touch Control Error 37

So I took Matt's sliders as a basis but made a few changes. They might look odd, but try them out. The important change is putting game speed on NORMAL because I think the animations play out better. I also use Broadcast camera.

USER/CPU

Sprint: 1:1
Accel: 61:61
Passing Speed: 35:20
Shot Speed: 45:45
First Touch Control: 53:97

Last edited:
So I took Matt's sliders as a basis but made a few changes. They might look odd, but try them out. The important change is putting game speed on NORMAL because I think the animations play out better. I also use Broadcast camera.

USER/CPU

Sprint: 1:1
Accel: 63:63
Passing Speed: 35:20
Shot Speed: 45:45
First Touch Control: 53:97

Acceleration higher will increase the fatigue, that's for sure. In terms of how the animations play out, that's too high for me as the game is twitchy enough as it is. Do you have a video of this played out?

Hi Matt,

I was previously a big fan of taking the acceleration down to 47 to avoid that annoying twitchiness, but I found with the sprint at 1 player movement seemed more fluid at 61. And you get a more dynamic game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom