FIFA 17 - PC Discussion

Lol u Must be kidding. No less than ten ppl have complained about button lag in the pc demo. Go to the other fifa 17 thread. Also check the official forums. also check Twitter

Sami, sounds like you haven't downloaded and played the demo. Question: How can you be making all these posts about the horrible look of the game if you haven't played it yet? I don't understand. Game looks spectacular, period. And I don't understand LOD complaints, I haven't noticed any issue whatsoever. But I use the Pro cam (full zoom, much closer up) maybe that's why? As for mods... the thing about FIFA is apart from a few game play tweaks that can almost all be fixed via sliders alone, this game never needs much modding. It's not like we have to spend days installing kits and logos, or wait around for game play patches because the game is devoid of sliders. l always like to tweak player ratings, especially agility and speed, but if we can't do that this year I think I'll be fine, the game really is exceptional out of the box.
I am complaining mostly about LoD.

I play with dynamic camera and from there the LoDs are awful: Player heads look bloky, and most annoyingly the clothes dont move at all.

And about gameplay, I complained about only the delay while passing the ball. Enough to make the game worse.

Anyway, since you played it- is the delay of passing more than fifa 16? And does the players takes more time to turn aroubd/dribble compared to Fifa 16?

Thanks in advance and cheers :D (Btw yu arent worthy enough to understand High LoDs. Tell me, does the cloth move in pro camera? No? Then its barely medium LoD ;) )

Btw, is it true that the game is limited to 1080p? If its true then I'm pretty sure that EA won't fix it in full version. They might make it worse (like they removed ultrawide support in fifa 16 full version)

I've had lag issues with every FIFA since 12. Bought a new PC last month and... all lag issues have disappeared, and the 17 demo runs smooth as glass. Sometimes it's about biting the bullet and getting a new rig, that's just one of the realities of PC gaming.

What's the spec of yur Pc? A Gtx 960 should be able to handle fifa just fine in medium 1080p no lod mod.

How do I enable the settings in that gfx mod? Dropping the folder in the main game folder doesnt work. What exactly do I do. Please give me a step by step.

BTW, the LOD fix from FIFA 16 works for me in FIFA17. Drop files in and regenerate

Really? So I just put the settings.ini in data folder and boom? Wait, iis there any regenrator yet?

Lol u Must be kidding. No less than ten ppl have complained about button lag in the pc demo. Go to the other fifa 17 thread. Also check the official forums. also check Twitter
Sorry but what are you going on about here? You asked if people were experiencing button delay. I replied to your question and said no, so... obviously it has something to do with your PC and not the game. If you didn't want people to reply, don't post questions, jesus.

Last edited:
I am not the only one speaking of the button delay issue. THERE Is a reason why they patched the game on XB1. Responsiveness is a problem WHICH has been fixed thereafter. Im experiencing what many others are. How you are on PC and not feeling the delay is interesting because it is clearly present. If PC gets a patch like the XB1 we'll know for sure. But do some digging and youll see its not a hardware problem

Sry, maybe there is a fix I have missed, but my demo crashes after the "press start" menu.
Settings are on 1920 × 1080 and everything on auto.
Then I tried details on low and I came to the controller setting, it didn't crash.
Couldn't try the game though as Mrs came in.
So I can't run this game on high details?
You gotta be kidding me.
i7 4790K
AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
8 GB RAM

Sry, maybe there is a fix I have missed, but my demo crashes after the "press start" menu.
Settings are on 1920 × 1080 and everything on auto.
Then I tried details on low and I came to the controller setting, it didn't crash.
Couldn't try the game though as Mrs came in.
So I can't run this game on high details?
You gotta be kidding me.
i7 4790K
AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
8 GB RAM
My understanding is some Radeon users have had issues with the game crashing. Maybe do a search and see if people have come up with any solutions.

Here's one video...

I am not the only one speaking of the button delay issue. THERE Is a reason why they patched the game on XB1. Responsiveness is a problem WHICH has been fixed thereafter. Im experiencing what many others are. How you are on PC and not feeling the delay is interesting because it is clearly present. If PC gets a patch like the XB1 we'll know for sure. But do some digging and youll see its not a hardware problem

No button delay here either.

Game settings 1920 x 1080, Auto rendering, Auto MSAA, Lock to 60fps

Running on an i5 2500k, WIN10, 16gig ram, gtx 770 sc.

To any dude who's getting button lags, the possible solutions are:

1)Do not lock to 60fps in game or the game will be locked to 30fps in cutscenes etc.

2)Set it to no limit.

3) Force Vsync through driver.

4) Open Nvidia inspector or Radeonpro and set FPS limit to 60 or whatever the refresh rate of your monitor/ ur game is usin.

Note: The last step reduces the button delay. While I haven't tried it myself on fifa 17, but I had button lag on fifa 16 which only happened when forcing Vsync. So if you force vsync- you have to set Fps limit aswell or the game might have button lag.

Finally got all lag to disappear. Put lock to 60fps. Vsync on in nvidia control panel. Put screen sleep = 32 in cl.ini. Put 'render_every_frame = 1 in same file. Put on medium settings. I now have 3d grass again and no button lag. lol omg

Finally got all lag to disappear. Put lock to 60fps. Vsync on in nvidia control panel. Put screen sleep = 32 in cl.ini. Put 'render_every_frame = 1 in same file. Put on medium settings. I now have 3d grass again and no button lag. lol omg

As far as I know, CL.INI doesn't do a thing in FIFA 17. The game won't read that file.

And yes the cl.ini does work as I've put the demo time extender in that file and it works flawlessly

To any dude who's getting button lags, the possible solutions are:

1)Do not lock to 60fps in game or the game will be locked to 30fps in cutscenes etc.

2)Set it to no limit.

3) Force Vsync through driver.

4) Open Nvidia inspector or Radeonpro and set FPS limit to 60 or whatever the refresh rate of your monitor/ ur game is usin.

Note: The last step reduces the button delay. While I haven't tried it myself on fifa 17, but I had button lag on fifa 16 which only happened when forcing Vsync. So if you force vsync- you have to set Fps limit aswell or the game might have button lag.

This didn't work for me.
Setting the game to "No limit on FPS", makes the game stuttery at times.Not smooth at all. Even after setting VSync ON in both RadeonPRO and AMD Catalyst tool that comes with the gfx card driver, and also locking the FPS at 60 in RadeonPRO. Even tried Double VSync. Strange.

But I'm facing a bigger issue. My GFX Card seems to overheat too much with FIFA 17 and it makes my PC reboot after a couple of minutes playing a match. Usually during cinematics (after scoring a goal, etc). Really strange.

I used to play FIFA 16 at 2560x1440, with ULTRA LOD, and with my GFX MOD, no problem. Everything ran smoothly.

But now I get these reboots that are driving me crazy. I can't confirm it's my gfx card overheating, but there would be no other reason I think. And that happens when playing at normal 1920x1080 (ULTRA details) screen resolution, nothing out of the ordinary.

Use MSI afterburner to show the GPU temps during a game, iirc you said you're gaming in a laptop? You should put one of those cooler stands under the laptop, if you are on a desktop just take the front of the PC, should see temps drop at least 10c.

No, no... no Laptop. Desktop Computer. Never brought me any troubles (except when playing Batman Arkham Knight, but that was a faulty optimized game). So it's really strange this is happening with FIFA, specially considering I played FIFA 16 with everything at the highest level possible AND SweetFX+ReShade when tend to take everything a little closer to the limit, and never had a single issue.

As far as I know, CL.INI doesn't do a thing in FIFA 17. The game won't read that file.
Fidel stated the cl ini file does not work, and I have tested it as well and Fidel is correct. Place your demo extender codes in the locale ini, it works there.

My understanding is some Radeon users have had issues with the game crashing. Maybe do a search and see if people have come up with any solutions.

Here's one video...

Thx again for the video...also found fixes with the same thing.

God but I don´t wanna touch my graphics driver at all!
I had so many blue screens with different drivers and now I use catalyst 15.7 and it runs smooth.
I´m scared to try another one now just for this game...

This didn't work for me.
Setting the game to "No limit on FPS", makes the game stuttery at times.Not smooth at all. Even after setting VSync ON in both RadeonPRO and AMD Catalyst tool that comes with the gfx card driver, and also locking the FPS at 60 in RadeonPRO. Even tried Double VSync. Strange.

But I'm facing a bigger issue. My GFX Card seems to overheat too much with FIFA 17 and it makes my PC reboot after a couple of minutes playing a match. Usually during cinematics (after scoring a goal, etc). Really strange.

I used to play FIFA 16 at 2560x1440, with ULTRA LOD, and with my GFX MOD, no problem. Everything ran smoothly.

But now I get these reboots that are driving me crazy. I can't confirm it's my gfx card overheating, but there would be no other reason I think. And that happens when playing at normal 1920x1080 (ULTRA details) screen resolution, nothing out of the ordinary.
It seems like radeonpro Vsync forcing doesn't work with Fifa 17. In Fifa 16 I just forced vsync through Nvidia driver. So can anyone confirm if Nvidia cards can force Vsync in fifa 17? Or is it suffering the same problems.

Anyway, I always get stutters with Vsync Off because thats how it is. Hate screen tears and stutters.

And, whats your GPU? When I played Fifa 13 on my laptop- the game slows down badly when Gpu overheats, but never bsod or rebooted.

So I am guessing its and optimization issue. Did yu try the old Catalyst drivers? Does it crash even without reshade dlls?

I wouldn't do that either. I played FIFA 15 for the year using my default nvidia driver from 2011. If I updated the driver, the game would stutter. But that was an old rig so I didn't mind much, I just wouldn't do it on a new machine.

This is the Proof that Nvidia intentionally degrades the performance of their older cards in their new drivers to give an illusion that the Gpu aged more than it should. Just like how 700 series got screwed with new drivers.

I can confirm this with Amd cards too. When I updated my 2009 catalyst driver to the new 2013 catalyst driver- Fifa 11-13 started to stutter when Gpu gets a bit hot. Rolled back to default drivers and what do you know- the game didnt stutter again unless severely overheated. [Tested GPU: ATi Mobility Radeon HD 3840]

Put Lock to 60 fps? This makes the cutscenes choppy ass hell because of 30 fps lock. In hell with that.

Back
Top Bottom