FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

What gameplay? Is it the 47 second video?

CkSTJYXXEAIHEJf.jpg:large

Looking promising this transition to the Frostbite engine.

This was needed and I'm very happy EA have taken this move.

I have little hope the gameplay will be good but i have big hopes the game can be enjoyable for the first time in many years and EA can at least go back to the game where you can really harness your creativity and enjoy playing rather than this confused clunky robotic mess with too many engines which dont work together.

Im most looking forward to seeing thew animations and phsyciallity. Will be interesting to see the skills and how they have evolved.

EA are so confident about everything the do. They have a schedule and they follow it. We have no idea how long they've been working on FIFA for this engine at the side. I have no idea they are releasing something that will be better than FIFA 16. Otherwise they would just postpone Forstbite for FIFA for FIFA 18 and just keep tweaking FIFA 16 on the current engine for 17. Since FIFA 08, they haven't had any setbacks, they always deliver. More arcade, more sim, but they always take it a step forward. And this won't be the exception. Graphics and Gameplay to the next level, no doubt about it.

im hoping that picture of the manager means there will be alot more focus on managers and the philosophies they bring to to there team.

That's Mourinho's voice eh? Real managers confirmed then.

Mourinho's overrated! He destroyed Chelsea with his transfers.

Conte will make better moves.

Simeone's best manager today what he gets out of his players is amazing.

Fifa's looking good with that shoot of the manager...

Presentation is what Fifa has boatloads over PES.

Mourinho's overrated! He destroyed Chelsea with his transfers.

Conte will make better moves.

Simeone's best manager today what he gets out of his players is amazing.

Fifa's looking good with that shoot of the manager...

Presentation is what Fifa has boatloads over PES.

Off-Topic here, but wrong imo about Mourinho. The players are more guilty than Mourinho, but you can't fire the whole team, so Mourinho had to go.

That picture with the mnager from the back looks like a photo...wow.

Nice to see that frostbite seems to be confirmed.

bsmaff made a good point on the last page.
Graphics are probably gonna be better, but what about gameplay?

I liked the direction FIFA 16 went on this a lot, at least offline, slow, difficulty on pro.
Can´t really believe that they would fuck up the gameplay now, but these devs sometimes take odd decision.

I´m very curious on this one!

All FIFA 17 needs is player and team individuality and reworked AI in my opinion. Playing against CPU is so boring and repetitive.

The screen with manager is great.
But player number 23 is like someone from fifa 16.
Please make the player models right this time, you have a new engine ffs!!

The screen with manager is great.
But player number 23 is like someone from fifa 16.
Please make the player models right this time, you have a new engine ffs!!

This is a concern for me too, i can kind of see the exaggerated player physiques in that photo which would be a shame.

The question is why Mou is standing on Dortmund's side?! Because thats defo not Tuchel. Already a bug or Mou will constantly go on the other side running his mouth like in real life?

Btw i think real managers....for BPL teams and for some other licenced ones maybe. But sure they will squeeze everything out of that BPL licence.

A new engine is great and all. The latest iteration of Frostbyte on Star Wars Battlefront is very impressive graphically, and animation wise. I do worry it won't all bigger and better though. FIFA 17 may have to cut some features in the transfer to the new engine, due to time constraints or whatever.

A new engine is great and all. The latest iteration of Frostbyte on Star Wars Battlefront is very impressive graphically, and animation wise. I do worry it won't all bigger and better though. FIFA 17 may have to cut some features in the transfer to the new engine, due to time constraints or whatever.

i'm sure they've been making the transition to frostbite 3 for a couple of years

That's a really good point.

But saying that, you'd imagine that managers, along with the insides of the stadiums, haven't been modelled just for friendlies - you'd hope it all ties into the career modes, which would hopefully make them a little deeper, not less deep.

It's weird, actually - something that put me off FIFA a little bit was seeing headlines after three seasons that show all of the original managers still at their original clubs (e.g. Monk at Swansea, even though - in my save - they've been battling relegation non-stop). So I'm glad to see a new emphasis on managers and I'm hoping that they move around this year (not just graphically, but contractually)...

(It rankles more when you find out that managers move around in last year's PES, and change team styles as they do!)

The question is why Mou is standing on Dortmund's side?! Because thats defo not Tuchel.
Are you saying that he's in the half where Dortmund have lined up (and it would be OK, as it always happens in football, every match for half of the match) or that he is in what should be the "away" bench in Old Trafford (and in that case it would be wrong even if United were attacking from right to left)?

i'm sure they've been making the transition to frostbite 3 for a couple of years

I hope you are right. I just remember some of Konami's half-arsed efforts moving to a new engine years ago. Certainly EA seem to be better organized and have more resources to throw at the challenge.

The question is why Mou is standing on Dortmund's side?! Because thats defo not Tuchel. Already a bug or Mou will constantly go on the other side running his mouth like in real life?

Btw i think real managers....for BPL teams and for some other licenced ones maybe. But sure they will squeeze everything out of that BPL licence.

Could also be that managers will be moving onto other clubs a lot more with there philosophies.

Back
Top Bottom