FIFA 16 (Xbox One) - constant disconnects?

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
Thought this warranted a different thread as it's not general discussion, and it's a weird one...

Does anyone else have issues playing FIFA 16 online (Xbox One)? Once every 2-3 games on average, a friend of mine gets disconnected from the match, and I have the same problem (to a lesser extent), but there seems to be very little in the way of solutions or comment from EA.

We can both play FIFA 15 without issue - in-fact he plays 15 pretty much exclusively now despite preferring 16, and can easily play 10 games in a row without issue - but when switching back to FIFA 16, within three games, he's disconnected in the middle of a match.

It's primarily on Ultimate Team by the looks of it, which says to me it's an EA problem, but if it is, I thought there'd be much more uproar about it...

He's connected to the router via an ethernet cable (though I've tried setting him up on wifi and got the same result), I've tried resetting his router entirely, tried disabling uPNP and setting up manual port forwarding to his Xbox, tried everything I can think of.

The thing is, it doesn't happen in any other game (including the previous FIFA), and he isn't getting disconnected from Xbox Live or anything (only EA's servers), so it seems nailed-on that it's an EA issue, but again, if it is, why isn't this headline news on gaming websites?

Cheers guys.

Back
Top Bottom