FIFA 16 Ultimate Team Thread

I'm still building my 'pack only' team. It's nothing special actually, but it's slowly gaining its shape.
Might aswell insert some Serie A players in it as soon as I pack a Serie A Italian ST, as I currently have a CM and a RM (which happens to be my beloved Pepe who I loved playing with in FIFA 14) but at the moment it looks like this:

75vQbdX.png

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=eja3HBoTnLZjD:FFA16PCC

Yeah they've proper nerfed the pace whores this time around. Defenders have the ability to actually react and catch up. Obviously it's not instant and the faster players will get away, but if they don't knock the ball on and sprint, there's a great opportunity to get your defenders back.

My problem is dealing with great dribblers head-on. It's great how the nerfed the pace exploit from last year where you simply could out run defenders with easy long balls, but for the life of me I don't know how you deal with guys dribbling at you with speed. If I go forward to close down, they easily speed by me; if I back off, well I back off the whole time and they get a shot off.

Aside from giving up cheap possession in my own half, which is probably my biggest issue, not being able to deal with 1-on-1s at pace is my biggest defending problem. Just can't get the hang of it!

If you choose an UT seasons mode, you play teams in the same Division as yourself. Obviously others don't know how many games you need to win or draw to survive/get promoted etc. so you are basically playing an unknown who is in a similar situation to yourself. You won't play any Division 1 teams while in another Division though - that's just an unfair advantage the opposing team. However, do be warned that some players can spent a fortune or time building an 83/84 rated team and then take it into Division 10 to start off. So you will play some very daunting looking sides - even though the guy controlling them is still a Division 10 player.

I'm currently in Division 8 and I have an 83 rated side. I usually play 79-82 rated teams with varying chemistry levels. In my 20 games or so, I've played 1 side that was equal to my own in terms of rating (83).

It is worth trying to assemble a decent side though, at least 79 rated with 100 Chemistry.

I'm gonna have to give it a try. Right now there's just so much in this game I can't decide what to play - and I haven't even seriously delved into CM yet!

How is the lag in FUT Seasons? I've played a bit of the FUT draft mode but the lag for me has been horrible, and I don't get poor lag in regular online Seasons. I think maybe it's just not that many people playing draft mode.

My current team:

New%20Team_zpsh5jkomnv.jpg

Only thing of slight concern is a lack of width, which is unfortunately always going to happen with a CAM and 2 ST formation. Custom tactics set though which control my fullback positions etc, so should be fine.

Got Gundogan, Calhanoglu (amazing shot power, long shots and 95 freekicks!), Konoplyanka, Trapp etc. on the bench.

If I require a change of tact, I am also building this team (just need 3 or 4 players, so I can then alternate):

FUT%20Colombian%20433_zps8zcjkc4b.jpg

Full 100 Chemistry on both teams and 10 Individual chemistry with the right manager.

Last edited:
Thanks mfmaxpower, can these attributes be changed? if so how is it done? tried googling but didn't see how to access or change.

You can't change those sadly. They are set for each player.

If a defender has H/H, he can often be out of position as he'll be still in the attacking third. Same goes for a striker with regards defending.

See Aubamayang is H/L which is perfect for a striker. Unless you're wanting a very defence focused side.

Had a clean up and new formation. Sold Lewandowski because he was utterly terrible. Had regrets so bought him again. After a fair few games I realised my regrets weren't justified so I then sold him again. Now built this. Ignore the individual chemistry scores, I've got them all on 10's aside from Vidal who is on a 9.

4231_zpsoj3w2el9.jpg

It was either Modric or Isco as the other CAM, but went with Modric due to his far superior in game stats. I'll probably rotate him and Rodriguez around as Modric is a much better box to box player, and the CAM behind the striker is that sort of player.

Got Lacazette on the bench who I bought back again (he's brilliant but I couldn't fit him into the starting XI due to chemistry), so he can replace Martinez in the second half of games and still have chemistry 10 :)
Also got Gundogan, Thiago, Konoplyanka and Douglas Costa as my subs. Oh and Canhanoglu whose shooting stats are insane (95 freekicks, 87 shot power, 89 long shots, 93 curve).

Jeezus, how'd you get so much cash to bankroll all these moves?

I bought a few packs with FIFA points I had from Fifa 15 and got lucky with some good players which I then sold. I've only got 20k left in my piggy bank now.

I only had around 30k when I sold Lewandowski, so that bumped it up to 160k or so. I then bought him back being an idiot, then sold him again. So I've never really had much more than 240k in the bank at any one time.

I'd make a fair bit if I sold this entire team, of course, but it does look as though prices are coming down now. I just bought Martinez for 25k and he was 40k a week ago. Even Isco is only around 16k!

Last edited:
My team at the moment:

W0fzP7G.jpg

Just bought Walcott and Remy. Haven´t been able to play with them yet.
I need to find a good CDM next to Gerrard and some better CB´s.

Gotta say that I rreally enjoy this!
It´s so much fun building a team, just like I enjoyed MLO on PES 2011.

The great thing is - like I mentioned in the other thread - that the game seems much better balanced than last year.
Pace can give you an advantage but it´s not impossible to defend against them.

Also Gerrard is very slow, but very good in passing, shooting and positioning!
No need to have the speed of every player in the focus anymore.

Still enjoying this so much whereas in FIFA 15 I got tired of FUT very quick.

Well, it may have cost a bomb, but it did absolutely fuck all for me last night. Ended up getting relegated from Division 5, losing 5 including 4 on the bounce! I just couldn't gel with that formation, even though I won my second game. It felt like it was clicking for the first couple of matches too. Bah.

So, I've now bought a few new recruits (no one too expensive, and built 3 sides with different formations):

My main 4-1-2-1-2(2):
41212-2_zpsnc9wxvpu.jpg

3-5-2:
352_zpsp6m3c5nd.jpg

4-2-3-1(2):
4231-2_zpsf5jo1kya.jpg

That should give me enough scope to mix and change things around should I be faltering. It's amazing how poor some players perform if they aren't in the right formation. I'd love to have Lacazette on from the start, but I can't get the team or individual chemistry high enough, so he's on the bench for 2nd half appearances. Martinez is quality, anyway.

My team at the moment:

W0fzP7G.jpg

Just bought Walcott and Remy. Haven´t been able to play with them yet.
I need to find a good CDM next to Gerrard and some better CB´s.

Gotta say that I rreally enjoy this!
It´s so much fun building a team, just like I enjoyed MLO on PES 2011.

The great thing is - like I mentioned in the other thread - that the game seems much better balanced than last year.
Pace can give you an advantage but it´s not impossible to defend against them.

Also Gerrard is very slow, but very good in passing, shooting and positioning!
No need to have the speed of every player in the focus anymore.

Still enjoying this so much whereas in FIFA 15 I got tired of FUT very quick.
Hey! That's a nice little team you've got there. Just wanted to ask you about Mirallas, as I was thinking of getting him.

Here's what my team looks like (subs/reserves in the spoiler - I use them for rotating my team):

ljxomkD.png

jRIWWgq.png

Stand-out performers are Barkley, Van Dijk and James McCarthy. If you need a solid defender I would strongly recommend Van Dijk - great tackling, strong like a bull, decent pace and cheap!

I'm disappointed by Dembele and Bolasie is inconsistent for me. I'm hoping that Mirallas is better... :D

Obviously I like all of the players from the first squad, but there are some very good backups in the second which are worth a mention - Thauvin has been awesome, Wijnaldum and Distin - very good.

Hey! That's a nice little team you've got there. Just wanted to ask you about Mirallas, as I was thinking of getting him.

Here's what my team looks like (subs/reserves in the spoiler - I use them for rotating my team):

ljxomkD.png

jRIWWgq.png

Stand-out performers are Barkley, Van Dijk and James McCarthy. If you need a solid defender I would strongly recommend Van Dijk - great tackling, strong like a bull, decent pace and cheap!

I'm disappointed by Dembele and Bolasie is inconsistent for me. I'm hoping that Mirallas is better... :D

Obviously I like all of the players from the first squad, but there are some very good backups in the second which are worth a mention - Thauvin has been awesome, Wijnaldum and Distin - very good.

Thx man, I like yours too.
Who´s that RW in the first team?

About Mirallas:
He´s ok.
Can´t say that he stands out that much.
I have Routledge and Rodriguez as a replacement for him.
And sometimes I feel no difference.

But that´s also because of my playing style.

I rather love going by the right wing on where Lennon is really a beast!
I love this small agile guy.
I´m still testing Walcott on there.

I´m keeping Mirallas until I can afford Raheem Sterling or anyone better.

He´s good though.

That is indeed Zaha. He's strong and quick, but I use him mainly for getting in behind - I don't feel too comfortable dribbling with him most of the time.

With Thauvin on the other hand, I generally come short and cut in from the right, as he's a great dribbler and he's been creating a good amount of chances.

About Mirallas, seems I'll have to try him out... I probably can't get wrong with rotating him and Bolasie.

Played a few matches last evening and tested out Mirallas a bit more.

He had great chances and only closely missed the goal.
I think he´s a good buy, but try for yourself.
I think it´s also down to everyone´s playing style.
On the other wing, I tested Walcott and he didn´t really convince me yet, like Lennon did.
When I bought him he had "marksman" as a chemistry style.
I think that pushes shot stats or something.

The matches in general have been damn tight yesterday, had a lot of draws, won one and lost a few ones (div 6 now).

But all of them have been exciting and I´m still enjoying this!

About FUT online gaming yesterday, I wanna quote Ice Cube saying:
I gotta say today (actually yesterday) was a good day ;).

As a couple of days before, I had quite a lot frustrating moments.

I haven't lost a single game until now and yet my record states that I have 4 losses...

During the game I get a message that I've been disconnected from FUT and after that I get a loss although 3 times I was winning by 2 goals and 1 time it was a 0-0 in the 40th minute.

So frustrating...

I haven't lost a single game until now and yet my record states that I have 4 losses...

During the game I get a message that I've been disconnected from FUT and after that I get a loss although 3 times I was winning by 2 goals and 1 time it was a 0-0 in the 40th minute.

So frustrating...

Indeed it is. But, in all honesty, no one other than yourself sees that record unless they actually find your team name and search for your history and statistics. In a way, the WDL record is irrelevant to everyone but yourself, and even then ultimately it means very little as long as you're having fun.

My team at the moment:

YqcY2nJ.jpg
[/IMG]

I changed the formation and invested a little bit in new players.
I got rid of Walcott finally.

Couldn´t get along with him at all. I´ve bought Shaqiri who is cheaper than him, not that fast as him but much better for my liking.

Plus, he got a strong left foot, so you can do that "Robben" thing with him :P.
But he´s a lot more effective in scoring than Walcott is/was.

Then I´ve bought Depay. He wasn´t cheap, but a good alternative to Mirallas. Actually he´s gonna be the starter instead of him.
Due to the change of my formation I needed a ZOM (CAM in english I guess) and bought Sissoko. He´s okay but I´m aiming for Herrera.

Gerrard actually doesn´t fit in my team due to the chemistry.
But I really love playing with him. His passing and shooting is really outstanding. Him and a few other ones are the reasons that I can feel player individuality in this game.

Had to invest in my defense and Rojo and Cahill are really good defenders!
Also bought Howard, the keeper, but am aiming for Hart.

Then I need a good LB. Thought of Kieran Gibbs, but need to check his price and stats.

After that I´m gonna check on a good striker.
Remy is good but he didn´t convince me that much yet, even I scroed some nice goals with him.

But I want someone more original.
Remy is one of those that almost everyone has in his team.

I gotta say that I still fucking enjoy this game!

Also the trading outside of the game via the web app or the android app is a really good idea!
Hats off to this.

I don´t know when I´ll be able to start a CM...dammit!

Don´t know if anyone is gonna read this but I´m sitting in my office and got nothing much to do at the moment :P

My team now:

jUXY7ah.jpg

I got myself Kompany. Very good defender.
And Hart really manages some awesome saves.

I saved very long for Cazorla and Sturridge and am still testing whether inform is so much better.

I had Cazorla for loan and he really impressed me.
A pal of mine said, that Sturridge is a beast and I scored some great goals with him.

I don´t know whether I´ll keep those inform players.
I´ll probably sell them and get the normal ones which are a lot cheaper.

In fact I´m not sure whether I´m gonna play this mode for long.
The annoying stuff I was ranting about in FIFA 15 is shining through here more and more.
Almost all the latest games I played have been quite ugly and annoying.
Like I said in the other thread: I think the higher division you get and the better your team becomes, the more stupid and annoying the matches get.

Specially when I play against weaker teams with less team chemistry, I can´t use my chances and when they get a chance they mostly score.

Had it so often that I was leading 2:0 and after that it was like nothing worked and the little chances the opponent had, could be used and the game ended 2:2, 3:3, or 2:4...which was really annoying as it have been ugly goals (own goal of my defender etc.).
Of course stuff like playing defensive or parking the bus doesn´t help much.

And very very annoying (which I mentioned quite a lot here) are those fucking penalties.
Even when I press no button and just try to block the way of the attacker in the box, it happens a lot that the ref calls a penalty against me.
This really needs to be toned down!

Specially for this, I don´t understand why so many people wanted handball-call back.
To me that´s just another factor that you can´t control and which can be a pain in the ass against you.

And yeah, that ugly running through my defense from the kick off shit is still possible.
Sometimes I manage to defend it, but mostly right after I scored, I can´t as my defenders seem to react too slow.

I remember having great games between division 10 and 7.
But since I got to division 6, the matches got uglier.

I´ll keep playing it for some time until it totally fucks me up.
In fact I can´t play it anyway, as since the latest patch, my game crashes when looking for an opponent.
Haven´t had that problem before and found other people having the same issue since patch 1.03.

The CM is fun though and if UT is fucking me up totally I´ll keep playing CM.

Last edited:
4-2-3-1(2) best formation but you need make custom tactics with save you can save it for go team of weak and not start match and back and go play season online and after match start go to custom tactics and load you custom tactics and this will save for all matchs just you need make it one time in the day or after internet cut

if you need best custom tactics go search in google fifa 11 formation never loss or fifa 14 formation never loss i am owner site fifa formation never loss

Last edited:
I think I´m done with this.

The last matches were so annoying and the main problem are the fucking penalties.
In like every second game the ref calls a foul against me in the box.

Even I just move my player to block the way of the attacker not pressing anything, it happens.

This is clearly fucking me up as I dont know how to defend else.

It´s a pity since I really enjoy building up a team and the fut web app and the mobile app are great to do that when you´re not in front of your console/pc.

And specially since pace doesn´t matter to 99% this year no more.

Anyone else playing this still?
Do you have any way to avcoid penalties against you?

The last two online games I played, I REALLY enjoyed until the second half, when I pressed to stab-tackle the ball and my player ended up leaving his back leg hanging out, which the opposition player changed direction to intentionally trip over (with the "intended tackle", using the other leg, being aimed in the total wrong direction, sideways to the ball-carrier), leading to a penalty.

In real life, it would be a penalty, but the defender wouldn't do that (or at least, not as often).

The defending was my biggest issue with 15 and remains my biggest problem with 16 despite all their promises about having more control.

Last edited:
The last two online games I played, I REALLY enjoyed until the second half, when I pressed to stab-tackle the ball and my player ended up leaving his back leg hanging out, which the opposition player changed direction to intentionally trip over (with the "intended tackle", using the other leg, being aimed in the total wrong direction, sideways to the ball-carrier), leading to a penalty.

In real life, it would be a penalty, but the defender wouldn't do that (or at least, not as often).

The defending was my biggest issue with 15 and remains my biggest problem with 16 despite all their promises about having more control.

Well, yeah.
That makes sense and I avoid pressing that tackle/push button in the box.
But I don´t do nothing, just move my player and it happens.
And the worst thing which I forgot to mention:
Sometimes my AI defenders slide tackle in the box and cause a penalty.

If only they would work on that.

Another annoying thing:
My FIFA (PC) crashed postpatch when looking for an opponent.
I wasn´t the only one with this problem according to some users from ea help center.

Then the patch came out a few days ago and the problem was gone.

No crashes until there was an update from Origin yesterday.
Now the crashes are back.....

@gabe:
Seems like retired players aren´t in the database.
I can´t find no Henry or Ronaldinho (is he retired??).
Found Lampard (playing for MLS according to FUT and Luca Toni for example.

100%. Defending in this game just isn't fun, nor especially satisfying, especially against the CPU. I've tried every slider set under the sun and nothing really works. Legacy defending is the only thing that makes it feel more fair against the CPU, but I hate that system. EA really need to go back to the drawing board with the defending.

100%. Defending in this game just isn't fun, nor especially satisfying, especially against the CPU. I've tried every slider set under the sun and nothing really works. Legacy defending is the only thing that makes it feel more fair against the CPU, but I hate that system. EA really need to go back to the drawing board with the defending.

Against the cpu it´s quite fine I have to say (on professional).

But online...I wish they would rework it. The tactical defending is not bad, but the problem is that sometimes the defenders feel too sluggish and what I mentioned a lot here is the fouls (in the box -> penalty) even you didn´t press no tackle button.

I completely replaced my entire team:

XhZanpO.jpg

I found that BBVA players are way cheaper than BPL ones.
And I won´t buy no inform players anymore.
They are about up to 5 times more expensive but I don´t really feel anything special about them when playing matches.

Since building up a team is the most joyful part for me I got it final now.
I´ll try a few games with this one.
Giving that mode the last chance, otherwise I´ll stick to offline CM gaming.

Btw,
I was thinking of building up a silver and/or bronze team.
Does anyone know how it goes with the matchmaking then when playing online?

Will I get silver(bronze)teams mostly as opponents as well?

Very nice team you have there chiefrocka4real, how did you manage to get them if you don't mind me asking? Grinding through games for coins? Trading?

I'm quite new to FIFA started on 15 and only on 16 I'm playing FUT. Spent a lot of time building a team, have two decent enough 183 squads, BBVA and a BBVA+France hybrid.

I dived into online seasons just a couple of months ago, just got to division 5, since I'm not that good of a player.

But there's something that will make me give up this mode and all the grind it took me to build a decent team, everytime I'm about to get promoted or get a title, or I start the season well, games start to get way, just way way tougher, its insane.

Sometimes it feels like the game does not want you to progress or get the title bonus coins, I played the 6th division like 3-4 times before I finally get promoted, on every start of the season I won 3 sometimes 4 in a row, then came the insane opponents with mad skills, my players getting injured for nothing, passing, defending, positioning all happening so different than the first couple of games.

Does the gameplay change once you're winning? Or the matchmaking gets that hard? Or its all in my head?

I definitely don't think its in my head, since the easiest and stupidest pass I performed +1000 times in fifa, just goes too weak or too strong or to the opponent.

I feel like playing online season is more playing the gameplay tweaks in difficulty than the online players themselves.

There are so many things I feel 'heavier' and harder to do once you are on a good streak its not even worth mentioning.

Just one quick example, Lloris who saved me all season, on the last 2 matches which I just needed a win to win the title, failed on both of the games, on a goal he even jumped to the wrong side.

I am very close on giving this mode goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom