FIFA 16 - SLIDER THREAD

Sliders for me right now are very experimental and to be honest I've been playing mostly at default the last couple days because I've decided I want to play a full CM season on default Legendary to see what the results look like.

I should also say that I now prioritize leveling the playing field with the CPU over focusing first on realism. IMO seeking simulation will just lead to months upon months of tweaking because for every little bit of realism or positive improvement you enhance, something else gets thrown out of whack. I've seen this with all my own slider experiments, and with all the other "sim" slider sets that get posted all around the interwebz.

IMO you just have to figure out which bits of unrealism you're willing to tolerate. I'm just a closer to default guy (plus it makes it easier switching between single player and multiplayer).

That said, I think my most recent sliders were basically centered around having the CPU with Pass and First Touch error at 55 and Pass speed at 40-45. I also had CPU marking at 45-47. CPU shot error is at 53 I think. Those for me are all the key factors in levelling the odds, though I'll be the first to admit that I suck at adjusting line settings, so I leave those at default for now. All User settings are default I think.

Oh, also I should say, though I haven't tried this myself, my roommate has been playing with everything default except putting the CPU's accel to 49, and he's really happy.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

thx

Here is what i have so far using the Chris slider set as the base. I found legendary is easier than pro (LOL)

Tele broadcast cam ( normal game speed i used) SLOW can work FUll assisted controls. TD 6 min halfs.

Sprint 50/48
Acceleration 50/49
Shot Error 50/51 (NEW)
Pass Error 50/50 (NEW)
Shot Speed 50/50(new)
Pass Speed 50/25 (new)
Injury Freq 65/65 (new)
Injury Severity 42/42
GK Ability 28/28
Marking 50/45
Run Frequency 45/60 (NEW
Line Height 58/58
Line Length 50/60
Line Width 50/60
Fullbacks 55/55
Powerbar 52
First Touch 50/65

@Kije LD is legacy defending.

I don't think more than 5pts makes a huge difference. Ea already said before this game that online play isn't all 50's but they won't say what the sliders are.

The truth is the AI hasn't changed ever in fifa all they do is stat pump and make them attack more ( this is not fixing the AI) all this does is makes you chase the AI for 90mins. On WC i can have zero shots 0-0 with 39% possession vs 4 star teams.

You really need to play LD vs AI because this is what it was designed for. The AI will pass it perfectly all around the back once they turn on park the bus and this is on PRO.

Pass error high just makes them pass short and pass speed makes them miss time the pass via power.

VS AI its ether too hard or too easy no balance.

LD fixes a lot of problems for me i don't know if anyone wants to try that.

Thanks for the pointers on the pass speed. You need to play on legendary with pass error on 15-20

Depending on which slider, I notice 5 point differences for sure. 5 pt increased in CPU first touch error makes a big difference for me. Same with marking. Pass speed a decent bit. Pass error, not as much.

And that's definitely not true about the attacking AI - the difference between 14 and then 15, when they upgraded the AI, is like night and day. That upgrade, while not upgrading the defensive AI (until this year) was the main reason last year was so poor.

NO idea what you mean by LD. I've played Legendary with pass speed at 20. Doesn't work. Kills the CPU attack, too many easy turnovers, removes too much challenge, just as unrealistic as super fast passing at default, etc. Decreasing the pass speed by that amount is only worthwhile if you're trying to make the game much easier IMO.

*Edit: oh, i see: LD = Legacy defending. Legacy defending is a gamechanger but I just can't go back that system. I keep trying it - and it does make a huge difference - but I hate it, just like I hated it prior to Tactical. Pretty much removes tackling from the game and becomes unsatisfying and easy to just hold teammate press all the time. I see why people are using though cause Tactical defending sucks.

Last edited:
Depending on which slider, I notice 5 point differences for sure. 5 pt increased in CPU first touch error makes a big difference for me. Same with marking. Pass speed a decent bit. Pass error, not as much.

And that's definitely not true about the attacking AI - the difference between 14 and then 15, when they upgraded the AI, is like night and day. That upgrade, while not upgrading the defensive AI (until this year) was the main reason last year was so poor.

NO idea what you mean by LD. I've played Legendary with pass speed at 20. Doesn't work. Kills the CPU attack, too many easy turnovers, removes too much challenge, just as unrealistic as super fast passing at default, etc. Decreasing the pass speed by that amount is only worthwhile if you're trying to make the game much easier IMO.

*Edit: oh, i see: LD = Legacy defending. Legacy defending is a gamechanger but I just can't go back that system. I keep trying it - and it does make a huge difference - but I hate it, just like I hated it prior to Tactical. Pretty much removes tackling from the game and becomes unsatisfying and easy to just hold teammate press all the time. I see why people are using though cause Tactical defending sucks.

Even on 20 the AI still passes the ball very fast on normal speed. If you Up the pass error they just ping pong instead and use short passes. Only when i put it back on 50 did they do long passes.

Yeah legacy is a lot easier to use. Why couldn't they just add standing tackle to legacy. This year you can do the fake tackle even in legacy.

Even with slider changes you still chase the AI for 80% of the game.

Even on 20 the AI still passes the ball very fast on normal speed. If you Up the pass error they just ping pong instead and use short passes. Only when i put it back on 50 did they do long passes.

Yeah legacy is a lot easier to use. Why couldn't they just add standing tackle to legacy. This year you can do the fake tackle even in legacy.

Even with slider changes you still chase the AI for 80% of the game.

'Cause of the driven pass, pass speed is a bitch to get right, and I don't disagree with you. And if your goal is to slow the fastest pass speeds down, then you'll have to of course lower that slider. Where to is highly subjective.

My only point is that, for me at least, lowering pass speed has negative consequences that are, again *for me*, worse than having some too fast passes.

Some people say it's because the driven pass is OP, and I just plain disagree. I rarely see goals as a direct result of an "OP" driven pass. And I'd put CPU decision making speed and response speed FAR in the front as the reasons why playing against the CPU can suck.

But I'm no slider expert. That's just what I see in my games when I experiment with settings like those.

'Cause of the driven pass, pass speed is a bitch to get right, and I don't disagree with you. And if your goal is to slow the fastest pass speeds down, then you'll have to of course lower that slider. Where to is highly subjective.

My only point is that, for me at least, lowering pass speed has negative consequences that are, again *for me*, worse than having some too fast passes.

Some people say it's because the driven pass is OP, and I just plain disagree. I rarely see goals as a direct result of an "OP" driven pass. And I'd put CPU decision making speed and response speed FAR in the front as the reasons why playing against the CPU can suck.

But I'm no slider expert. That's just what I see in my games when I experiment with settings like those.

Lowering the AI pass speed slider emulates them not hitting the ball hard enough meaning the AI makes more mistakes.

I'm not even sure if the AI uses driven passes. I has the pass error on 65 for a long time, it was just ping pong.

What sliders are you using? But i do agree with you i feel that 10pts is max, so pass speed on 40 should work trying that soon.

Anyone else feel legendary is easier than pro? Pro never attack they just hog the ball as where legendary attacks so I can counter.

Last edited:
Lowering the AI pass speed slider emulates them not hitting the ball hard enough meaning the AI makes more mistakes.

I'm not even sure if the AI uses driven passes. I has the pass error on 65 for a long time, it was just ping pong.

What sliders are you using? But i do agree with you i feel that 10pts is max, so pass speed on 40 should work trying that soon.

Anyone else feel legendary is easier than pro? Pro never attack they just hog the ball as where legendary attacks so I can counter.

Yeah, I think 40 might be a pretty good spot for pass speed. When I had it much lower, the problem is you could catch-up to the passes if you predicted them right. I was just getting too many easy turnovers, especially by lesser rated teams.

The difficulties are screwy this year. One minute I like Legendary, the next I despise it. Def don't think it's easier than Pro though. I annihilate Pro now. But both WC/Legendary, at least on default settings, piss me off.

Yeah, I think 40 might be a pretty good spot for pass speed. When I had it much lower, the problem is you could catch-up to the passes if you predicted them right. I was just getting too many easy turnovers, especially by lesser rated teams.

The difficulties are screwy this year. One minute I like Legendary, the next I despise it. Def don't think it's easier than Pro though. I annihilate Pro now. But both WC/Legendary, at least on default settings, piss me off.

So the lowest we can go is 40 and highest 60 seems to not upset the game too much.

I played more games and you're right the slider down that low = turnovers.

5-10 pt each way seems the max before the AI starts acting up.

SLIDER V2 For full assisted controls legendary , Keeping close to 50. 10 ether side.

Sprint 50/48
Acceleration 50/49
Shot Error 50/52 (NEW
Pass Error 50/55 (NEW)
Shot Speed 50/50(new)
Pass Speed 50/40 (new)
Injury Freq 60/60 (new)
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 40/40 (NEW)
Marking 45/45 (NEW
Run Frequency 60/60 (NEW
Line Height 55/55 (NEW)
Line Length 55/55 (NEW)
Line Width 60/60 (NEW
Fullbacks 60/60 (NEW
Powerbar 52
First Touch 50/60

Last edited:
Hey guys, thought I'd post my slider set which I'm enjoying very much.

Seeing as Professional on default is too easy, I decided that instead of going to a cheating World Class or Legendary difficulty (which needs to be broken down to make it enjoyable), I made professional more difficult. And it works like a charm if I do say so myself...

CPU makes lots of fouls and creates good chances without ping ponging the ball. The cpu mostly controls the ball instead of doing one time passes. No jogging animation present.

Professional, 10 minutes, slow, full manual controls on PS4. I play Career Mode with lower league teams.

Sprint 51/52
Acceleration 49/50
Shot Error 50/40
Pass Error 50/45
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 40/40
Injury Freq 75/75
Injury Severity 35/35
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 40/75
Run Freq. 50/75
Height 58/58
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 53/53
First Touch 50/50

Hope you guys like it!

Seeing as Professional on default is too easy, I decided that instead of going to a cheating World Class or Legendary difficulty (which needs to be broken down to make it enjoyable), I made professional more difficult. And it works like a charm if I do say so myself...

CPU makes lots of fouls and creates good chances without ping ponging the ball. The cpu mostly controls the ball instead of doing one time passes. No jogging animation present.

Professional, 10 minutes, slow, full manual controls on PS4. I play Career Mode with lower league teams.

Sprint 51/52
Acceleration 49/50
Shot Error 50/40
Pass Error 50/45
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 40/40
Injury Freq 75/75
Injury Severity 35/35
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 40/75
Run Freq. 50/75
Height 58/58
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 53/53
First Touch 50/50

Hope you guys like it!

Thanks! That's what I'd like to see - more sliders for Professional difficulty.

Sprint 51/52
Acceleration 49/50
Shot Error 50/40
Pass Error 50/45
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 40/40
Injury Freq 75/75
Injury Severity 35/35
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 40/75
Run Freq. 50/75
Height 58/58
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 53/53
First Touch 50/50

Hope you guys like it!

That is the only way to make pro attack more. PRO is too easy for 90% of the players who play.

That is the only way to make pro attack more. PRO is too easy for 90% of the players who play.

Good afternoon Peter

I also play 'Professional' and am currently in a Career with FSV Frankfurt in the Bundesliga2.

I have been tonked 4-0 by Grether Furth and lost 2-0 at home to Nuremberg, but other than that am managing to win most games which is probably not all that realistic as bara few players they are exceptionally mediocre. I see you mention that you use Lower league teams, do you think your settings would also work for say Premier league teams too? or would they have to be toned down a bit?

Thanks mate

Db

i like this fifa, but something is doing my head in. Maybe its my PS4, but the tv is going from bright to darker all the time. On goal kicks it is fine, repalys it is fine, just during run of play. I noticed this in PES as well, but just from goal kick to actual playing. Its really bothering my eyes. I have my brightness up it does not seem to matter...

Sprint 51/52
Acceleration 49/50
Shot Error 50/40
Pass Error 50/45
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 40/40
Injury Freq 75/75
Injury Severity 35/35
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 40/75
Run Freq. 50/75
Height 58/58
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 53/53
First Touch 50/50

Hope you guys like it!

Great Base but passing is too accurate I've upped it to 58 error and first touch to 60 ..keepers reduced to 28

i like this fifa, but something is doing my head in. Maybe its my PS4, but the tv is going from bright to darker all the time. On goal kicks it is fine, repalys it is fine, just during run of play. I noticed this in PES as well, but just from goal kick to actual playing. Its really bothering my eyes. I have my brightness up it does not seem to matter...

Sure. That's the Adaptive Exposure they've included this year. Haven't found a way to tone it down. I do know how to turn it off, but then the whole game looks REALLY DARK. I'm still trying to find the files for this new adaptive brightness.

Sprint 51/52
Acceleration 49/50
Shot Error 50/40
Pass Error 50/45
Shot Speed 51/51
Pass Speed 40/40
Injury Freq 75/75
Injury Severity 35/35
GK Ability 50/50
Marking 40/75
Run Freq. 50/75
Height 58/58
Length 50/50
Width 50/50
Fullbacks 53/53
First Touch 50/50

Hope you guys like it!

Thanks for your effort, very appreciated..
How about the CPU defense?
The CPU defensive phase is pretty tough?

Good afternoon Peter

I also play 'Professional' and am currently in a Career with FSV Frankfurt in the Bundesliga2.

I have been tonked 4-0 by Grether Furth and lost 2-0 at home to Nuremberg, but other than that am managing to win most games which is probably not all that realistic as bara few players they are exceptionally mediocre. I see you mention that you use Lower league teams, do you think your settings would also work for say Premier league teams too? or would they have to be toned down a bit?

Thanks mate

Db

Scorpio made them sliders he is the one who uses the lower league teams. 10 mins is too long for me.

Speak to scorpio you quoted wrong person.

Its a known bug.

Here's mine for those interested...

For teams who are 1 star (or more) worse than my team, I set the difficulty to PRO (though you could substitute this with WORLD CLASS) and use semi controls (with manual through balls). For every other team, I set the difficulty to LEGENDARY, with assisted controls (except for through balls - manual, and crossing - semi).

I use slow speed on PRO, and normal speed on (WORLD CLASS and) LEGENDARY. All are set to eight minute half lengths.

Slider / Player / CPU

Sprint 50/48 (prevents certain AI passes being successful)
Acceleration 50/49 (prevents certain AI passes being successful)
Shot Error 50/54
Pass Error 50/59 (any higher and crosses break)
Shot Speed 50/49
Pass Speed 50/36 (causes more AI mistakes than pass error does)
Injury Freq 62/62
Injury Severity 42/42
GK Ability 28/28 (any lower and easy shots get pushed away)
Marking 50/45 (stops an AI interception cheat where the defender moves *through* your striker to regain possession)
Run Frequency 34/50 (keeps AI moving the ball forward, helps prevent overly possessive play)
Line Height 58/58
Line Length 50/60 (causes larger pass distances and introduces error)
Line Width 50/60 (prevents CPU packing the middle whilst allowing team tactics to work as expected)
Fullbacks 55/55
Powerbar 52 (to keep relative parity with online play)
First Touch 50/65 (prevents AI cheating)

If PRO seems too easy, reset the CPU's sprint/acceleration/first touch, reduce shooting, passing error and first touch to 40, and increase the marking to 60.

Going back to this set of sliders. I think Chris has it right. I'm also using semi assisted. With legacy defending. Chasing the AI is gone but they still score with less possession around 57%

Last edited:
playing as feyenoord and absolutely loving scorpio's set...upped cpu passing error and made a few other small adjustments, but generally having as much fun as i have since getting the game. cheers scorpio.

Back
Top Bottom