FIFA 16 - SLIDER THREAD

Matt these sliders are awesome :) I play on profesional and find theme very good! I change only speed of players to 0 and acceleration to 48, with these two sliders game feels heavier and more realistic, also it gives better feel of interia ;)

Sound interesting..
How about amount of fouls with these values (0-48)?

Sound interesting..
How about amount of fouls with these values (0-48)?

Actually I saw more fouls, two of them on the edge of the box :) also during southampton game cpu slide od my defender from behind with no reason and ref gives him red card becouse i have the lead at 70'th minute :) give them a try, at first maybe the game will look slow but when you get used to it it will be like watching football on tv. With these tweaks you have more time to think about your next move and momentum is more obvious in offense and defence ;)

Last edited:
Actually I saw more fouls, two of them on the edge of the box :) also during southampton game cpu slide od my defender from behind with no reason and ref gives him red card becouse i have the lead at 70'th minute :) give them a try, at first maybe the game will look slow but when you get used to it it will be like watching football on tv. With these tweaks you have more time to think about your next move and momentum is more obvious in offense and defence ;)

I am a HUGE fan of lower sprint speed. I had sliders on 14 that were set to 1/1 Sprint speed. Probably the most fun I've ever had in FIFA.

http://youtu.be/UPtD-Lw6qtA

The problem with FIFA 15, is that you couldn't go that low, because you would get the infamous jogging animation.

http://youtu.be/5TaNmtnUpSY

Unfortunately, in 16, you can't do it either because you get the jogging animation + removal of the interception "feature" by the user's teammate AI and CPU.

Something happened between 14 and 15 where the Sprint value started becoming more of the awareness trait/trigger.

Last edited:
Hey Matt

Will these sliders help with the be a pro mode? i love the be a pro mode but this year all im getting 0-0 after 0-0 mixed in with the odd 1-0. im lokin to make it a more open game sometimes both teams have only a couple of shots on goal at the end of a game.

cheers

Good question, Matt. Sorry if being already addressed.

To play on Professional difficulty which fits for me perfectly, do you think it's better to play on default set or to use these sliders? Or to adjust them, for example, leaving AI pass error on default?

And this is the most recent. I personally feel it is the best we have out at the moment:

Current Set, as of 9/26/15
World Class/Legendary, Slow, 10-15 minutes

Sprint 53/50
Acceleration 51/50
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 68/68
Shot Speed 49/49
Pass Speed 37/32
Injury Freq 60/60
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 15/15
Marking 50/50
Run Freq. 50/30
Height 60/60
Length 50/45
Width 52/48
Fullbacks 60/60
First Touch 70/70

Thanks Matt10, very useful work, very appreciated!
A question.
I'm going on PRO diff, Slow speed.
I have modified your setting only touching:
Sprint 49/49
Acceleration 48/48

Gameplay is more slower as i like, but i'm getting lack of CPU fouls.
Any tips?
Thanks

Last edited:
Slider Player CPU

Sprint 49 49
Acceleration 50 50
Shot Error 51 52
Pass Error 51 60
Shot Speed 51 51
Pass Speed 43 43
Injury Freq. 75 75
Injury Severity 60 60
GK Ability 20 20
Marking 50 50
Run Frequency 50 30
Line Height 60 60
Line Length 50 50
Line Width 50 50
Fullbacks 60 60
Powerbar 65
First Touch 51 60

Game Speed Normal
Difficulty World Class
Defending Tactical
Through Ball Manual
Passing Manual
Crossing Semi
Shooting Semi

Of course it's all based on Matt's work. a little tuning and tweaking.
With these settings I got the CPU to have a pass accuracy of 81% in my CM when I wass playing against Man City away. Wonderful Experience. I still lost 1-0 but both teams created a hat full of chances, never felt frustrated or cheated.

Slider Player CPU

Sprint 49 49
Acceleration 50 50
Shot Error 51 52
Pass Error 51 60
Shot Speed 51 51
Pass Speed 43 43
Injury Freq. 75 75
Injury Severity 60 60
GK Ability 20 20
Marking 50 50
Run Frequency 50 30
Line Height 60 60
Line Length 50 50
Line Width 50 50
Fullbacks 60 60
Powerbar 65
First Touch 51 60

Game Speed Normal
Difficulty World Class
Defending Tactical
Through Ball Manual
Passing Manual
Crossing Semi
Shooting Semi

Of course it's all based on Matt's work. a little tuning and tweaking.
With these settings I got the CPU to have a pass accuracy of 81% in my CM when I wass playing against Man City away. Wonderful Experience. I still lost 1-0 but both teams created a hat full of chances, never felt frustrated or cheated.

Will these sliders help with the be a pro mode?

Cheers

Thanks Matt10, very useful work, very appreciated!
A question.
I'm going on PRO diff, Slow speed.
I have modified your setting only touching:
Sprint 49/49
Acceleration 48/48

Gameplay is more slower as i like, but i'm getting lack of CPU fouls.
Any tips?

Thanks

i get plenty using that set, in tight situations use L2/LT to shield the ball and try to keep the defender behind you, doesn't work all the time but if you're getting away they'll try and pull you back

best method is anticipating a challenge and flicking the right stick away from you, time it right and you'll draw the foul, i do this a lot from corners as the cpu is quite aggressive defending them, instead i bring a player in for the short pass then dribble into the box looking either for space to open up to get a shot away or the chance of a cheap penalty, works a little to well to be honest and feels like a bit of an exploit at times :D

Sliders seem to differ massively depending on what camera angle you use - 50/50 for sprint and acceleration is fine for default dynamic but when you apply zoom and then i put cinema mode on the tV (bit of extra zoom) it suddenly becomes too quick .

Sliders seem to differ massively depending on what camera angle you use - 50/50 for sprint and acceleration is fine for default dynamic but when you apply zoom and then i put cinema mode on the tV (bit of extra zoom) it suddenly becomes too quick .
Yep, I play using the co-op camera on the default settings and it's perfect. When I play on a friend's TV and they're using the default camera, it's far too fast for me.

Hey Matt,
I'm using your latest set, however GKs are still super-human. Even when I set the GKs ability to 15. Do you think you could explain why is that?

I don't really get the goalkeepers are super-human complaint. I have no problems scoring on them on Legendary difficulty.

Now creating chances, that can be a real bitch for me...

Can't say I really agree with many of those suggestions TBH.

Was thinking the same thing, right now I'm going with

50/50
50/50
51/51
60/60
49/49
37/32
75/80
40/40
15/15
50/50
15/45
60/55
45/48
52/48
60/60
85/85

By the way, the only way I've found to keep my CDM relatively in position was to decrease my line length and run frequency, also as soon as I put the cpu run frequency back to 50, they started playing more forward passes and less tiki, this was even before Hull playing rugby last night.

It reads as if someone's been told "look, we've done a guide to importing kits to PES, it got loads of views, so let's do something for FIFA - just tell people to tweak things by a couple of points so it doesn't break the game and we won't get any complaints".

That said, I agree with the speed being kept to "normal", although... I noticed last night, when switching to Professional (I switch to Professional if a team is 1 star rating worse than mine, keep it at Legendary otherwise), the speed is LOTS quicker because the CPU is so much more eager to get forward.

It reads as if someone's been told "look, we've done a guide to importing kits to PES, it got loads of views, so let's do something for FIFA - just tell people to tweak things by a couple of points so it doesn't break the game and we won't get any complaints".

That said, I agree with the speed being kept to "normal", although... I noticed last night, when switching to Professional (I switch to Professional if a team is 1 star rating worse than mine, keep it at Legendary otherwise), the speed is LOTS quicker because the CPU is so much more eager to get forward.

How on earth are you playing against lesser ranked teams on Pro and having competitive matches though? Or are you simply seeking to ensure that your outcomes are more realistic?

Also, what assistance settings are you using? I have contemplated using Pro difficulty for some matches but playing all manual to make it more fair, while I use some assistance on the higher difficulties.

How on earth are you playing against lesser ranked teams on Pro and having competitive matches though? Or are you simply seeking to ensure that your outcomes are more realistic?

Also, what assistance settings are you using? I have contemplated using Pro difficulty for some matches but playing all manual to make it more fair, while I use some assistance on the higher difficulties.
I don't think I'm very good to be honest. :D

With sliders that ensure the CPU has more player runs and more attacking options, you're assisting the CPU on any difficulty, giving it more opportunities going forward and more willingness (and efficiency) to go forward.

Playing against Crystal Palace on Professional, they beat me 1-0, and I was furious but it was fair. I was playing on semi passing and semi shooting, but when I switch to Legendary (which just means the teams pass around a bit more, which the likes of Manchester City would), I switch to assisted passing to ensure I give up less possession with stupidly underpowered passes.

Here's mine for those interested...

For teams who are 1 star (or more) worse than my team, I set the difficulty to PRO (though you could substitute this with WORLD CLASS) and use semi controls (with manual through balls). For every other team, I set the difficulty to LEGENDARY, with assisted controls (except for through balls - manual, and crossing - semi).

I use slow speed on PRO, and normal speed on (WORLD CLASS and) LEGENDARY. All are set to eight minute half lengths.

Slider / Player / CPU

Sprint 50/48 (prevents certain AI passes being successful)
Acceleration 50/49 (prevents certain AI passes being successful)
Shot Error 50/54
Pass Error 50/59 (any higher and crosses break)
Shot Speed 50/49
Pass Speed 50/36 (causes more AI mistakes than pass error does)
Injury Freq 62/62
Injury Severity 42/42
GK Ability 28/28 (any lower and easy shots get pushed away)
Marking 50/45 (stops an AI interception cheat where the defender moves *through* your striker to regain possession)
Run Frequency 34/50 (keeps AI moving the ball forward, helps prevent overly possessive play)
Line Height 58/58
Line Length 50/60 (causes larger pass distances and introduces error)
Line Width 50/60 (prevents CPU packing the middle whilst allowing team tactics to work as expected)
Fullbacks 55/55
Powerbar 52 (to keep relative parity with online play)
First Touch 50/65 (prevents AI cheating)

If PRO seems too easy, reset the CPU's sprint/acceleration/first touch, reduce shooting, passing error and first touch to 40, and increase the marking to 60.

Last edited:

For teams who are 1 star (or more) worse than my team, I set the difficulty to PRO (though you could substitute this with WORLD CLASS) and use semi controls (with manual through balls). For every other team, I set the difficulty to LEGENDARY, with assisted controls (except for through balls - manual, and crossing - semi).

I use slow speed on PRO, and normal speed on (WORLD CLASS and) LEGENDARY. All are set to eight minute half lengths.

Slider / Player / CPU

Shot Error 50/54
Shot Speed 50/49
Injury Freq 62/62
Injury Severity 42/42
Marking 50/45 (stops an AI interception cheat where the defender moves *through* your striker to regain possession)
Run Frequency 34/50 (keeps AI moving the ball forward, helps prevent overly possessive play)
Line Height 58/58
Line Width 50/60 (prevents CPU packing the middle whilst allowing team tactics to work as expected)
Fullbacks 55/55

If PRO seems too easy, reset the CPU's sprint/acceleration/first touch, reduce shooting, passing error and first touch to 40, and increase the marking to 60.

Thank you.

Slider / Player / CPU

Shot Error 50/54
Shot Speed 50/49
Injury Freq 62/62
Injury Severity 42/42
Line Height 58/58
Fullbacks 55/55

Thank you very much Chris!!;);)

These the best sliders for FIFA 16.....

Last edited:
CPU passing error I had on 65, midway through the first half playing Cardiff I pause and check their pass completion, 89%! on a whim I drop their passing error down to 40 and suddenly they're playing much longer passes (many aren't working out) and within 5 minutes their pass completion had dropped to 84%

CPU passing error I had on 65, midway through the first half playing Cardiff I pause and check their pass completion, 89%! on a whim I drop their passing error down to 40 and suddenly they're playing much longer passes (many aren't working out) and within 5 minutes their pass completion had dropped to 84%
Very nice find!
I'll give it a try
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom