FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Hello there!

My first full day near Udine has (almost) come to an end -- I brought the gamepad, by the way! :APPLAUD:

How's everyone? Still testing, playing, enjoying? :))

Cheers :))

I play this mod whenever I have the opportunity. I've enjoyed football games for the first time since the days of PES5. This is something that will be played for YEARS to come.

PS: @andersfss ModdingWay has the Classic team patch. Did you use this as a base for your 1998 WC mod?

I play this mod whenever I have the opportunity. I've enjoyed football games for the first time since the days of PES5. This is something that will be played for YEARS to come.

PS: @andersfss ModdingWay has the Classic team patch. Did you use this as a base for your 1998 WC mod?

Is that Rivaldo scoring twice with his right foot? I guess they forgot to add the "avoids using weaker foot" trait or made him right footed. Really nice gameplay...if only someone could mod the player body models!

if only someone could mod the player body models!

You read my mind, I was thinking exactly the same.
With all the modding potential in FIFA 16, which just grows and grows year after year I can't believe nobody has been able to improve the poor body models.

Is the managerai.ini specific to each patch? There must be someone who made a good one no? It's really off putting to see the choices the AI makes with their lineups.

You read my mind, I was thinking exactly the same.
With all the modding potential in FIFA 16, which just grows and grows year after year I can't believe nobody has been able to improve the poor body models.

I'm surprised it hasn't been done in any Fifa title from last gen and this gen.

Hey, Unfortunately not, in this database there are few teams. I don't know how to add or remove teams from databases, so I use the default database.

Hello there!

My first full day near Udine has (almost) come to an end -- I brought the gamepad, by the way! :APPLAUD:

How's everyone? Still testing, playing, enjoying? :))

Yes, but I only play in my free time and this time is very short because of real-life-work. For the same reason, I had to temporarily postpone work on the WC'98 patch :CRY:

@final lap: No, managerai.ini is universal -- I'd only like to make it more... "Ciais'd" if you know what I mean :D
:THINK: You can try looking for some career/manager mod, they usually include it

@andersfss: I hear you. Weather forecast predicts rain till monday, so maybe I'll keep working on the gameplay where I left off :))

@final lap: No, managerai.ini is universal -- I'd only like to make it more... "Ciais'd" if you know what I mean :D
:THINK: You can try looking for some career/manager mod, they usually include it

@andersfss: I hear you. Weather forecast predicts rain till monday, so maybe I'll keep working on the gameplay where I left off :))
Well, I'd much rather play the Ciais's version but I know you're busy at the moment. I just need a fix for the cpu always leaving its best players on the bench

Well, I'd much rather play the Ciais's version but I know you're busy at the moment. I just need a fix for the cpu always leaving its best players on the bench

I am using smokeswift platinum career mod available at moddingway (simply type that in Google). I think it is pretty good base. I didn't have cpu line up issue in my test cm with Dortmund.

@all, as I already said to @Ciais by PM, I am making my own stadium server. It is still a WIP and I probably need 2 or 3 other weeks to release the first beta version.

What I can say is that installation will unfortunately not be as straightforward than shawminator fs, but it won't be a Cluedo either. Mine will rely on rev mod, R, and python.
It will be cross exe version compatible, because it will not rely on memory addresses, instead it will use snapshots and image processing to extract the ids and load the files accordingly. It will be highly flexible in the sense it will be able to load the stadium files from either your game db, or compressed archive anywhere on your disks. Exterior cameras will be conserved, and it will be able to load any type of rev mod files related to stadium (specific stadium, specificadboards, nets, etc...).

Last edited:
I am using smokeswift platinum career mod available at moddingway (simply type that in Google). I think it is pretty good base. I didn't have cpu line up issue in my test cm with Dortmund.

@all, as I already said to @Ciais by PM, I am making my own stadium server. It is still a WIP and I probably need 2 or 3 other weeks to release the first beta version.

What I can say is that installation will unfortunately not be as straightforward than shawminator fs, but it won't be a Cluedo either. Mine will rely on rev mod, R, and python.
It will be cross exe version compatible, because it will not rely on memory addresses, instead it will use snapshots and image processing to extract the ids and load the files accordingly. It will be highly flexible in the sense it will be able to load the stadium files from either your game db, or compressed archive anywhere on your disks. Exterior cameras will be conserved, and it will be able to load any type of rev mod files related to stadium (specific stadium, specificadboards, nets, etc...).
Thanks for the recommendation Pap. I will take a look at it

Gee Pap, my head hurts just by reading about what you're trying to accomplish -- damn, you're good :))

Do you plan to make the same options as CG File Server -- movies, scoreboards, tournaments, rounds, multiple home stadiums...? Not trying to give you a hard time, simply curious about your vision :))

No, it will be exclusively a stadium server, unfortunately.

What do you mean about, multiple home stadium? Like different stadium dressing depending on the competition or really different home stadium (model, textures, etc...)? For the first, then yes, for the second it could be possible but i can only see the choice being random.

The thing is, from the picture (kickoffhub snapshot), I can read the stadium name and the home and away team name, but I have no way to read the tournament id. So final stadium will have to be assigned from the db and the compdata or may be using rev mod assignment.

Last edited:
Hello everybody!

Wanted to give you an update :))

While it's true that I'm busy, even if I finish work at 7 PM, I'm "home" at 7:05 because my hotel is literally a 5-minute walk from the office, so I'm not gonna use that excuse :D

It's just that here it's so different compared to Genoa, so full of green, the people are so nice, and don't even get me started about the food :BEER:

It's not that I'm not in the mood to tweak the gameplay: I really don't feel like starting up the laptop like I usually do at home in Genoa. It's literally a different atmosphere, if you know what I mean :PP

I want to keep working on this and eventually finish it -- but the tourist within me is not yet dead, for example after lunch i'm taking the train to Udine to visit it in the afternoon :WHISTLE:

You guys keep reminding me of my duties though every once in a while :BY:

Cheers from :DRUNK:

Thanks! Only for at least 3 months, though -- nobody hasn't still decided about that, I could be here for a whole year in the end for all I know :D

Just decided to continue my scouring for gameplay tweaks from where I left off... 18 days ago :BY:

@Nisoley: :THINK: I suggest waiting for @papinho81 to finish his stadium server first (no pressure on you, Pap!) -- what do you say?

Thank you, Udine is really quite the city indeed :))

Wow, read 15+ pages of gameplay tips today at everyeye.it. Nothing to brag about though, the usual "remove-the-link-to-your-cl.ini-because-the-strings-you-used-were-discovered-by-me-and-so-are-copyrighted" childish stuff (:DOH:) or "you-disrespect-us-users-because-even-if-you-have-your-personal-life-you-don't-post-daily-about-your-gameplay" banter -- seriously, what's wrong with us Italians? Are we all like that? :BLINK:

Found 2 potentially interesting strings, between all that. Why potentially? Well, because they refer to aspects of the gameplay I (may) have already settled. Still, until we test, we'll never know:
PASS_ATTRIBUTE_SHORT_PASSING
PASS_ATTRIBUTE_LONG_PASSING

Apparently the values range from 0.1 to 1.5 and they do just that, the lower the less accurate. As I was saying just before, they may either complement, or negatively affect my already made DB edits regarding passing.

Please feel free to test them if you like, and let me know your impressions.

Hey @Ciais random question, is Udine really that lovely? I might have to add it to my list of Italian cities to visit next time I go.
I love Italy, I got married in Rome and honeymooned in Venice...I'd like to retire there someday.

I'll have to speak to the wife about Udine for sure...

It's a Mitteleuropean city, you can clearly see it in its architecture
Udine_collage.png

Clockwise from top left, 1st is the Clock Tower in Piazza della Libertà and 3rd is the Cathedral with its peculiar bell tower in the background (been there yesterday afternoon as they are close to each other)

So his file is out already. I downloaded it but get an error extracting with freearc "invalid compression method or parameters..." Did you have any problems with it?

I extracted it without any problem. Maybe download it again? Unfortunately I hadn't time to test it ingame but Blue Stinger already told that there are some faces that cause a crash. He'll fix it in the next days or weeks.

Back
Top Bottom