FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by MUFan23, 27 May 2015.

1. papinho81

papinho81 League 2

22 March 2017
    Chaumont Switzerland
    Olympique de Marseille
    Hi Ale! I agree, the last fifa16 patch changed the game in a dramatic way. As for the vanilla version from what I remembered from my own test, it doesn't play like the demo, but it is the version that come closer.

I personally think the demo version is way better than the retail game. I actually bought a pc to be able to play the extended version of the demo in the first place. There is a better sense of positioning and patience in it. You don t see midfielders running around like no head chickens. They stick more to their instructions. Also tactics while not perfect, works to a good extent. While I do own the retail game both on ps4 and PC I don t play them anymore. I played it a lot on ps4 before finding the demo trick. I then bought it on PC because you can t use stadium server with the demo version. But I was not getting that demo gameplay feel. So I resigned myself to not be able to use that fantastic tool, because the demo gameplay really worth that huge modding sacrifice.

As for sliders, with the demo, I am using all default sliders. I just turned the speed to slow. For the retail I had a small slider thread at Operation Sport forum. You can give it a go, or you can of course use Matt10 sliders.

2. manmachine

manmachine League 2

22 June 2008
    Haven't played since summer myself, but I still keep 3 versions of the game on my pc. The extended demo, the release version and the final version. That's a lot of GBs! The most striking thing about the demo is that everything is slower and I feel absolutely no need to adjust things like pass speed with sliders. The more they patched it the more it played faster it seems. When I have the time (when I will give up on fifa19, assuming the next patch does not improve the game for me) I will also look into if I can make the file server work with the demo.

But anyway, it's all relative. It's a good game, I think I would prefer v1 to the final patch but even after the final patch it's a lot better than other games.

Last edited: 29 October 2018
    Tinker and papinho81 like this.
  3. geeeeee

geeeeee Console not PC! Mods & patches mean nothing to me!

2 May 2010
    London
    Tottenham Hotspur
    @Joonloop i noticed you play on PS4. Can i ask do you play with old team squads or are they updated? If updated, did you just do it yourself manually?

Thanks

4. papinho81

papinho81 League 2

22 March 2017
    Chaumont Switzerland
    Olympique de Marseille
    This sound like sweet music to my hears. Currently I am using CM16 to add new stadiums with the drawback of not being able to play night games with new ids stadiums, but I can live with that.

About GB, my fifa16 folder, including versions, back ups, all sort of modds is of 444GB!

manmachine and Madmac79 like this.
  5. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    Lombardia
    Emilia-Romagna
    Four hundred gigabytes? Wow, that's massive!
    I used to keep several folders myself too when I was playing:
    A "clean" one from the DVDs (from which I would restart when things would go fubar),
    A "testing" one (which I didn't care if I did something bad to),
    A "stable" one (with only the mods that had satisfied me during testing), which I used for my career mode with Como (yep, Como)...
    But I never got to that amount of space taken up. Not even close!

Not really a stadium server guy myself, but I remember I had spent quite some time adding alternate kits with Revolution Mod (at least for Italian teams, as they were pretty much the only ones I would face during the career).

I'm still trying to go through some old backups to see if i find that extended demo (I was pretty sure I had saved it somewhere) but I didn't have any luck till now, so I'm left costing between the retail version of FIFA 16 and the retail version of FIFA 14 (a less refined game, but a game where team tactics look like being somehow more effective).

Thanks!

papinho81 likes this.
  6. Madmac79

Madmac79 Championship

11 September 2006
    If only there was a way to make tactics work better for the cpu, this game would probably be the best virtual football ever made.

7. papinho81

papinho81 League 2

22 March 2017
    Chaumont Switzerland
    Olympique de Marseille
    Tactics do works (talking about the demo version here) but the cpu will adjust its tactic depending on the game scenario, which is not per se a bad thing BUT it is done in a stereotypic way. I have small theory about that that I need to test, but I am not sure how yet. I think that it is possible that cpu switch only between the few preset tactics that are also available for the user: Default, Counter attack, high pressure, possession, long ball. It is very noticeable when you play a lower side that use a sort of fast forward long ball tactic, if they do not retain enough possession, at some point during the game they will switch to a possession tactic. This very noticeable. I have tried to look in the db to try to find the file responsible for those preset tactics but I could not find them yet. If I could find them, I would like to set them all the same way (long ball all the way) to check that theory.

Madmac79 likes this.
  8. Joonloop

Joonloop FUMA

27 March 2018
    Northern Ireland
    Yeah the squads are from the 2016 season. You can transfer them manually but that seems to be a tedious experience to do 1 by 1. I just updated Chelsea recently and stopped there. And then of course there is all is non-updated stats too, which I'm not sure you can change

geeeeee likes this.
  9. geeeeee

geeeeee Console not PC! Mods & patches mean nothing to me!

2 May 2010
    London
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Yeh that’s what I thought. It’s a shame there are no option files for FIFA like PES.

I think you can change stats but when creating players i dont think you can make young players. I remember trying to create Deli Ali once but the youngest i could make him was 20 and he was 18 at the time.