FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

People on this forum and elsewhere have discussed playing with speed 0 and accel 40s, for the past 2-3 years. Problem with that is fatigue is an issue, players don't tire.

Players don't tire when normal settings are on either. That's a fundamental Fifa problem; fatigue is more cumulative rather than in game.

I still see fatigue but if that is the only issue with having those settings, I see it as a minor inconvenience. I still make subs and after a few games of playing the same player, you see his energy bar is lower than usual.

There are two factors, tiredness during a match and fatigue built up over the course of a number of matches (more prevalent early in the season as your players become "match fit") the problem with tiredness is when you lower the acceleration slider they don't run out of stamina towards the end of a match (improved with ini tweaks and other mods).

The link wasn't working earlier but I definitely recommend it to anyone playing the PC version:

http://www.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-15/career-revolution-patch-15-v1-0-2/

Career Revolution Patch 15

Posted by: beta990 in FIFA 15, Gameplay, Mods & Patches, Others April 23, 2015 12 Comments

preview

Career Revolution Patch 15 V7.0 is now available for download. This version is a recommended update that fixes/improves several career components:

Better youth scouting player overalls (e.g. level 60 or more)
Better new player overalls (based on team rating)
Gameplay: better defending, harder gameplay, positioning, etc.
Fixes/improvements for transfer-system, contracts, etc.
And more things that I can’t remember!

Features

V7.0

Increased transfer-activities/more clubs will bid on (your) player
More realistic transfers, less top-player movement
Clubs should only place bid on player when they have the budget for it
No more waiting time when first scouting/hiring scouts
Improved GTN/Global & youth scouting results (corrected variances, skills, work-rates, etc.)
Improved (youth) player growth (increased growth changes when playing, etc.)
Realistic player values and wages (talented and/or international players should be more expensive, etc.)
Added ‘Reveal All Player Attributes (without scouting)’ (optional)
Less (top) player retirement
More & better job-offers as manager from other (top) teams
Better CPU/AI Team-Management (based on player overall/position)
Improved simulation game results
Red/Double-yellow booked, can now lead to an 3x max. game ban
Corrected Champions & Europa League teams in first season (not all teams are in the game, so using replacements)
Database Patch: Realistic transfers by adding ONE_CLUB_PLAYER trait to players (Rooney, Wilshere, Robben, etc.) and more football rivalries (optional, but highly recommended)
Gameplay Patch: Gameplay should be more difficult & realistic! (optional)
Gameplay Patch: Better CPU/AI defending! (optional)
Gameplay Patch: Removed (most) delay’s/wait times between scenes! (optional)
Made it possible to disable internal manager job offers!
And even more tweaks, improvements, changes, fixes ..
Full package: no previous version(s) are needed

Known Issues
#1: Frontpage news feed may become corrupted (safe/non-fatal).
#2: Youth player scouting may have a low rating, when offering a contract it will be better.
#3: Crashes can occur when starting a game, just restart the game/career.
#4: Player values are a bit low when starting the first season

Notes
This patch is not compatible with existing careers.
Patch is ONLINE and OFFLINE compatible.
This patch may not be compatible with other mods.
This patch is PC only.
CRP15 Forum Topic (older versions, feedback, support, etc.)

Made by beta990

I'm sure this is a common glitch but if anyone knows workaround, let me know.

In CM Mode, I listed two of my young players for season loan and despite getting no offers for them so far, I now see that they are labeled as 'out on loan'.

I can recall them I guess but I just want to make sure this doesn't cause any freezes or something nasty later on. Seems like they've been mislabeled which if I remember correctly was an issue with previous FIFA as well.

Should I take them off loan list and put them back on again since they're still at club and have never actually left?

I'm sure this is a common glitch but if anyone knows workaround, let me know.

In CM Mode, I listed two of my young players for season loan and despite getting no offers for them so far, I now see that they are labeled as 'out on loan'.

I can recall them I guess but I just want to make sure this doesn't cause any freezes or something nasty later on. Seems like they've been mislabeled which if I remember correctly was an issue with previous FIFA as well.

Should I take them off loan list and put them back on again since they're still at club and have never actually left?

Yeah I think it's just a visual error and won't stop a club coming in to take them on loan (assuming you made some tweaks to increase clubs' transfer activities which are pretty low by default).

Has anyone had problems with doing the Highlights of the Week? That's about the only thing I play outside Career Mode...haven't been able to play as much over the past month, but when I've tried it kicks me back to the main screen. Tried hard reset on Xbox One, exiting game, etc etc with no luck. Anything I'm missing?

Hi Guys,

It has been ages since I posted on here, and this is going to be a repetitive post but I just wanted to pipe up some reactions after reading some of your posts. I promise I will not push this agenda anymore.

Like most of you there, when I got the game, I was hoping for a tactical and variety filled CM mode. And again like some or most of you, I wasn't achieving that. I completed CM mode by winning the league. All it required was buying fast players and all the goals seemed the same i.e. get fast player, run from half way line, score. This was on Legendary too. I know someone else on here felt exactly the same way.

So this brought me to the game setting editing option. I know there are people out there who are editing lots in the game and honestly if I had the time I would do the same. But anyway, like most of you, I asked myself what is wrong with the game? The answer is the speed. IMO there is no other issue with the game. So I started tinkering with the options. This setting is only for Players , not CPU....not only do these settings make it a challenge, but it also brings in a lot of tactical stuff. I will explain now.

Turning sprint speed down to 0, for me, has no affect on the speed of a player. It was weird, I was still able to get sturridge or sterling and run & turn players with ease. So then my attention turned to the acceleration. This has a dramatic effect! Even by turning it down by 1, it changes the pace of the game.

So this post is directed to anyone who found the game too easy, even on legendary and wants a challenge, but also wants to bring a lot of tactical aspects on it. Set sprint speed to 0....set acceleration to 48. Game speed is slow. Legendary. 7 minute halves. Why 48? This setting allows fast players to be quick over a short distance (like in real life) but it doesn't allow you to run with fast players for 50 yards etc,and it doesn't allow you to turn too quickly.

So how does this bring out the tactical part of this game? Well before, I was only interested in buying speed merchants. Shariqi,Bernard, etc etc and it didn't matter where I played them because I knew the moment I'd get the ball,I could score. Now on this setting....total difference.....I used to play 5-3-2....because it was all about getting the ball to the strikers and running....now, I play 4-3-2-1....because midfield build is so much more important now. You have to pass backwards to allow your midfield to move around to find that key breakthrough play.

It has been so rewarding for me, it has made me fall in love with Fifa. Games are seriously a challenge now. For the first time I am looking at DM stats, something I never did before. Never even used to play DMs.

I get some of you might be a total sceptic to what I am writing now and I get that. But I just felt it was my duty to share this because I have enjoyed some of the best seasons I have ever had. I have had loads of variety in goals, I've had those 0-0's , I've had those amazing moments where I have 1-0 in last minute against bigger teams. I haven't won the league yet even.

Anyway I won't post this anymore because I know I did a while back so will not push it. Just if you are one of these players who found Fifa too easy at the start and now wants a challenge, just give this a go.. At first you might find it frustrating, but stick with it and I promise you will see the rewards, the build up play, the transfer market choices,the variety of goals.

Just my 2 cents.

Just to address this, in my research sprint doens't necessarily affect the sprint speed at all, it affects the fatigue in-game of the player's ability to go from sprint animation to jogging animation. Here's my video from December that illustrated this issue:

YouTube - FIFA 15 Sliders Breakdown - Dat Jogging Animation...

More recently with the sliders, the Sprint Speed is essential to be above 50 because it's like a "reaction" slider for both the User teammate AI and the CPU. The CPU no longer over-commits marking a player without the ball, now they zone in on the dribbler and also protect goal-side.

Regarding acceleration, you go below 50 and you have issues with the fatigue. It's unfortunate as I would love to play on 47/47, but that brings out barely any fatigue for a 15 minute match. The other issue with it is that you can do what was termed "bursting" as you can simply face the defender one v one, and a slight move of the analog - and be gone. It's not the animation of beating the defender that is the issue, it is the defender's animation that kicks in where they will almost jog in place before moving forward, this results in beating every other defender by just gliding by them with ease. Resulted in some very OP goals and feels like charity.

Has anyone had problems with doing the Highlights of the Week? That's about the only thing I play outside Career Mode...haven't been able to play as much over the past month, but when I've tried it kicks me back to the main screen. Tried hard reset on Xbox One, exiting game, etc etc with no luck. Anything I'm missing?

Yep same for me and I'm on PS4.

Hasn't worked for about a week. Sends you back to main screen as if nothing happened.

go to customise, then edit squads, then reset all squads.

after you've done this then you can get into highlights of the week and match day live. you have to do it every time though

go to customise, then edit squads, then reset all squads.

after you've done this then you can get into highlights of the week and match day live. you have to do it every time though
Don't reset the squads, just delete all squad files under Profile Management (including Matchday squads, Online squads etc.). Then restart the game and it will work without doing it every time.

There was the same problem on PC when using a custom DB but it couldn't be repaired with that solution. "winsms" wrote a little fix for it (Link). It changes the Version number inside the DB so that Matchday is working again also on PC :)

Don't reset the squads, just delete all squad files under Profile Management (including Matchday squads, Online squads etc.). Then restart the game and it will work without doing it every time.

There was the same problem on PC when using a custom DB but it couldn't be repaired with that solution. "winsms" wrote a little fix for it (Link). It changes the Version number inside the DB so that Matchday is working again also on PC :)

thanks pal, that worked a treat!

Anyway, so is this known as just a cosmetic labeling bug that doesn't actually cause any problems then?

Placebo or anyone else?

This must be a very common bug. Its repercussions if any must be known by now to those who've played a lot more of the career mode than I have.

its all about the £..the single players pay upfront for the game , potentially there is no further revenue from them until 2016 so why would they invest more than they need to..they know there are only 2 football games on the market to chose from so sales won't take a huge dip..invest where the ongoing profit is I'm afraid ..PES is no different , they flatly refuse to admit to the obvious faults that are in their single player mode and just sent they are there

Last edited:
nah ill take it back, i must been playing some really really noobs. lol PES shooting is overpowered, here is running what it is, also i would hardly call defenders defenders in this game, they cant tackle, cant slide in

lol whats this op attacking fetish nowdays in football games?

nah ill take it back, i must been playing some really really noobs. lol PES shooting is overpowered, here is running what it is, also i would hardly call defenders defenders in this game, they cant tackle, cant slide in

lol whats this op attacking fetish nowdays in football games?

I agree. FIFA 15 defending is the worst in the whole entire series.

haven't played it yet, but judging from all the videos I saw, I agree with you.

I'm waiting to try both PES and FIFA to fully judge, but I can say from videos that : FIFA is better in graphics, atmosphere, Commentaries, database, accuracy of a football experience. But PES is better in gameplay, tactics, players bodies and the way they run.

I'm hoping career mode gets injected with some fresh ideas this coming year. The obvious one being to add the chemistry from ultimate team so it no longer becomes a case of stats = true rating. You could then grab diamonds from the lower leagues or lesser sides and turn the into superstars because they gel with your team. But then also and up with balotelli style flops that just don't click.

Then they urgently need to sort out and re do a lot of the animations. Remove the sliding around on the spot and make players go to the ground more realistically, I'm sick of seeing them cartwheel and break their necks every tackle.

I imagine they'll only tweak the defending though and call it a day.

Edit
and they need to fucking stop it with the commentary referencing last seasons talking points. It dates the game terribly and pisses me the fuck off having to hear the exact Same shit about Newcastle and the Europa league or Rooney getting a goal in the euros.
Even worse when I'm in a career, I've just guided Newcastle into a stable 3rd position again and they're still talking about me just avoiding relegation last year. Fuck right off.

I'm already feeling sick thinking about 16 and the inevitable Gerrard left Liverpool commentary every fucking time I play with or against them.

2nd edit
I remember one other big issue that needs fixing.
Goalkeepers making improbable saves like diving backwards into their own goal, the ball hitting their hand and then somehow pinging off at an odd angle towards the corner flag. Or diving for a one handed save, and all the speed and power of the shot should stop as it hits the hand but instead it gets transferred and usually ends up pinging the ball high into the sky.

Last edited:
I imagine they'll only tweak the defending though and call it a day.
To be honest I'd call that a win, I've got a horrible feeling it'll remain broken for another year (at least) so that the guys scoring 10 goals a game won't be upset that it becomes more harderer...

I am naively expecting massive improvement given PES gameplay improvements .they need a euro 08/World Cup 10 game ..the ones that sunk PES ..

I have a feeling that managers will play a bigger role this year. Like specific faces (maybe not scanned) for the biggest 15 or 20 managers.

And on the wishes side, I hope they will totally revamp the Edit Mode. Finally, among usual little gameplay updates, I also hope they will release monthly updates with new boots, updated hairstyles and stuff like that.

i have been really tired. actually they did improve the gameplay. its much slower suits possession game. not perfect but at least ea doing something

Back
Top Bottom