FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

But I wonder if there's ways of crippling the dribbling and making the defending much easier through the sliders? I'd be happy breaking the game as long as it wasn't in the places where it's broken at the minute...!
Biggest problem with FIFA AI has always been that every team plays the same, every player plays like a superstar.

For tighter defending, use the line sliders: 20 height, 20 length, 20 width, try that. Create a custom defend formation with multiple DMFs. Doing all that will draw your players back into the box to help defend, doesn't fix the defensive AI but it gets bodies back to help block shots and passing lanes.

This game, online, is a horrible mess. SUPER FAST, players just sprinting around doing stupid tricks, no build-up play.

But Career Mode on Legendary difficulty, SLOW with Legacy Defending - it's still the best football game I have ever played.

Has there been a transfer update or any updated faces?

Think transfers were done but no more faces. Its EA remember. Thats it now for "fixes" and updates (unless its UT). Otherwise there will be nothing new for Fifa 16.

Since becoming annoyed at feeling out of control on PES (getting beat because my players suddenly feel bolted to the floor), and really dicking around with the sliders on FIFA (and breaking the game in some aspects), I'm having an absolute blast with the game again...

My aim was to "break" Legendary to the point where it provided the sternest challenge, but without it being unrealistically difficult and/or the opponent being able to dance the ball into the net, no matter what the cost.

During my experiments I found that World Class AI hits fewer shots but tends to score when it does shoot, whereas Legendary AI hit more shots that are far less likely to go in (one example, I played as Northern Ireland vs Slovenia and on Legendary they had TWENTY shots and scored none, whereas on World Class they had eight shots and scored four).

So to start with, I set the game to slow and put the sprint speed down to 40 for me and the CPU, and the acceleration down to 47 for me, 44 for the CPU. From the other sliders I've seen, this is too slow for most, and yet for me it provides the most realistic speed in terms of player movement when compared to a real-life match.

Setting the CPU's acceleration to 3pts less than the human acceleration means that once they receive a pass, they aren't unrealistically dribbling off and away within half a second, and when the CPU defends against you, they don't practically teleport next to you instantly. (I'd prefer to have an attacking/defending acceleration setting, because the aggressive acceleration and dribbling in the final third is a different problem to the defending, and I'd rather the defending was less affected than it is, but it's a sacrifice I'm happy with.)

I made a few other changes too, namely lowering pass speed (which allows for a more tactical game and a few more interceptions), upping the CPU's shot accuracy (which on Legendary is far too low in my tests), lowering the CPU's passing accuracy (which leads to silly crosses but again, it's a sacrifice that has to be made), upping the shot power slightly for human and CPU, and lowering the GK ability slightly for human and CPU (not sure which of the above settings causes it but I was seeing some world-class saves from some not-world-class keepers, hence the shot power and goalkeeper skill being lowered).

It's a patchy job admittedly but I'm really enjoying the game now. I'm challenged, but not to the point of it being impossible. The only major bugbear I have is the CPU playing 10-20 passes around the box and trying to find the absolute perfect position to shoot as opposed to just shooting, but I can't find any way to fix that other than lowering the difficulty level to Professional (as there's no slider for "CPU willingness to shoot without being in the absolutely optimum position to score").

I think that's the next thing I'll try - switching the AI to Professional, pumping every CPU slider to the maximum in the CPU's favour (zero passing error, zero shooting error etc.) and... I wonder what will happen...

Last edited:
Fifa has it all there to be a great game but it falls short. Still enjoyable though.
For all FIFAs detail Id like to see them work on player ID and players body shapes a lot more.

I've come up against a new problem, which is that (using the above sliders on Legendary difficulty) although I get a good game from most teams, when I play the "big" teams, I tend to win far too easily. I'm trying to figure out how, for example, when I play (as Liverpool) against Southampton I'll get beat 2-0, but when I play Man United or Man City I win 4-0. I wonder if it's purely their tactics, or if the difficulty mode gives a boost to the stats of the poorer teams (which is what it feels like)...?

Since becoming annoyed at feeling out of control on PES

I am completely the opposite - going from FIFA to PES back to FIFA is impossible - FIFA players run around like crazy and there is little control - i think its a player weight issue - i feel far more in control on PES

If FIFA can sort out the weights and make it less erratic is would be class - oh and player models if possible

I've come up against a new problem, which is that (using the above sliders on Legendary difficulty) although I get a good game from most teams, when I play the "big" teams, I tend to win far too easily. I'm trying to figure out how, for example, when I play (as Liverpool) against Southampton I'll get beat 2-0, but when I play Man United or Man City I win 4-0. I wonder if it's purely their tactics, or if the difficulty mode gives a boost to the stats of the poorer teams (which is what it feels like)...?

I think it is just the game in general...

I have no problem beating the big teams, except Arsenal, but struggle against the West Brom's and Stokes.. But I also have a lot less of the ball against the bigger teams, they are just incredibly easy to counter against.

I am completely the opposite - going from FIFA to PES back to FIFA is impossible - FIFA players run around like crazy and there is little control - i think its a player weight issue - i feel far more in control on PES

If FIFA can sort out the weights and make it less erratic is would be class - oh and player models if possible
Oh I 100% agree in terms of defending - your players are so "flyaway" you just breeze past people you're intent on tackling.

I was playing PES, was really enjoying it, then suddenly found that the opposition were just passing rings around me and destroying me without being able to put two passes together because of how strong they were. I was Bolton, they were Sheffield Wednesday, and from that point on every game had that same element of "why is my defender suddenly five stone heavier and useless"... It's a typical PES problem that I'd not noticed so much this year until that moment, where I was doing well in the league and things were looking rosy. That's what I'm talking about.

If it was Manchester United I'd hold my hands up, but a team in the same league, with the same star rating, playing with such good passing and intercepting everything I did, I just suddenly felt entirely out of control and that I wasn't going to get anywhere without knocking the difficulty down from Superstar to Top Player (which lead to me winning 3-0 and turning it off, because I don't want that either).

With FIFA, I think I underestimated how much you can fix with the sliders if you're willing to break other things. It's certainly still got huge problems, namely the defending which is crappy like you say, but I'm being made to think and play good football without feeling like the opposition has been hitting cocaine during the warm-up and can pass and move like they're telepathic (Legendary on default) or is actually a robot that reads the game so well you can never win (PES on Superstar).

The lack of emotion when scoring in PES is something that has been mentioned a few times now, and yeah that's a personal thing that varies person-to-person, but for me the reason behind it being mentioned a few times is because it just seems a bit... Formulaic. Pass here and shoot to score, or, more prominently, "striker A is faster than defender B so there is literally nothing you can do, you're going to lose now and there's no point in you even picking up the gamepad, sorry". With FIFA, the ball physics are wondrous, and you get some really satisfying moments of play purely because of that, and I value that more. Winning (or losing) a game because of a complete fluke, or a player messing up (in a human way, rather than a "I'll start running towards that, then stop for no reason, stare at you and then re-attempt to catch up but it's too late" way).

As with every year of FIFA and PES since 2008 (personally), it's just about choosing what you're willing to sacrifice or what gives you more pleasure. I think both games do what they do very well, and the stuff that they ignore gets more annoying every single year (though in FIFA's case, I'm more pissed off because I think if this year's game had last year's defending, it'd be SUPERB).

Last edited:
Oh I 100% agree in terms of defending - your players are so "flyaway" you just breeze past people you're intent on tackling.

I was playing PES, was really enjoying it, then suddenly found that the opposition were just passing rings around me and destroying me without being able to put two passes together because of how strong they were. I was Bolton, they were Sheffield Wednesday, and from that point on every game had that same element of "why is my defender suddenly five stone heavier and useless"... It's a typical PES problem that I'd not noticed so much this year until that moment, where I was doing well in the league and things were looking rosy. That's what I'm talking about.

If it was Manchester United I'd hold my hands up, but a team in the same league, with the same star rating, playing with such good passing and intercepting everything I did, I just suddenly felt entirely out of control and that I wasn't going to get anywhere without knocking the difficulty down from Superstar to Top Player (which lead to me winning 3-0 and turning it off, because I don't want that either).

With FIFA, I think I underestimated how much you can fix with the sliders if you're willing to break other things. It's certainly still got huge problems, namely the defending which is crappy like you say, but I'm being made to think and play good football without feeling like the opposition has been hitting cocaine during the warm-up and can pass and move like they're telepathic (Legendary on default) or is actually a robot that reads the game so well you can never win (PES on Superstar).

The lack of emotion when scoring in PES is something that has been mentioned a few times now, and yeah that's a personal thing that varies person-to-person, but for me the reason behind it being mentioned a few times is because it just seems a bit... Formulaic. Pass here and shoot to score, or, more prominently, "striker A is faster than defender B so there is literally nothing you can do, you're going to lose now and there's no point in you even picking up the gamepad, sorry". With FIFA, the ball physics are wondrous, and you get some really satisfying moments of play purely because of that, and I value that more. Winning (or losing) a game because of a complete fluke, or a player messing up (in a human way, rather than a "I'll start running towards that, then stop for no reason, stare at you and then re-attempt to catch up but it's too late" way).

As with every year of FIFA and PES since 2008 (personally), it's just about choosing what you're willing to sacrifice or what gives you more pleasure. I think both games do what they do very well, and the stuff that they ignore gets more annoying every single year (though in FIFA's case, I'm more pissed off because I think if this year's game had last year's defending, it'd be SUPERB).

You pretty much summed up my feelings into words. I am always in the dilemma of switching from PES to FIFA to PES to FIFA back and forth. This gen football doesn't fulfill my needs and cover the true experience in soccer.

You pretty much summed up my feelings into words. I am always in the dilemma of switching from PES to FIFA to PES to FIFA back and forth. This gen football doesn't fulfill my needs and cover the true experience in soccer.

Maybe both PES and FIFA got together and said that they wanted Chelsea fans not to be satisfied by these games? I wouldn't put it past them, the FA probably made them do it ;-)

For me its all about what game you enjoy more. This year I enjoy Fifa more despite its problems.
Currently playing as Valencia in a CM mode and enjoying it.
Ive enjoyed the odd game of PES but its another case of maybe next year....again

Same here!

I really enjoy the overall of the CM.
Still struggling to find a follower for Poulsen who left my club as he wasn´t happy.

What needs to be fixed in the CM though is the scouting.
When you scout players to get their exact stats (18 days or so) and keep them in the list, after a while the stats are gone and you have to scout them again and spend another 18 days.
This makes transfers quite hard.

Been playing a 4 player CM with my housemates. I say 4 player, 2 at any given time but I haven't had as much enjoyment from a football game since PES 4-6.

There's so much aesthetic detail which adds to the game. I know it's not just about that but seeing your signings being panned and then turn things around is satisfying. Seeing realistic transfers, injuries etc all add a lot.

In terms of game play, everything has changed with 2 players. Defending is better, attacking is better, we're playing some amazing football and i've seen so much variation in the goals we score. Shirts being pulled back through on goal, keepers spilling the odd shot, lovely little passing moves, 25 yard strikes in off the bar...

Also FINALLY, there's some individuality. It's not as apparent or well implemented as it could be but we're playing with Burnley and playing to certain player's strengths is key. Chris Boyd's control is markedly better than any of our other midfielders and everything goes through him. We've taken advantage of some loan deals as well...all round, great experience so far.

Does anyone know what actually influences the match settings and home/away assignments in online seasons? Send like every match I play I'm away and its always bloody raining.

Does anyone know what actually influences the match settings and home/away assignments in online seasons? Send like every match I play I'm away and its always bloody raining.

Don't mind the rain but I don't get it that often and I'm hardly ever set as the away team. Strange that your experience is so different.

Hi Guys,

It has been ages since I posted on here, and this is going to be a repetitive post but I just wanted to pipe up some reactions after reading some of your posts. I promise I will not push this agenda anymore.

Like most of you there, when I got the game, I was hoping for a tactical and variety filled CM mode. And again like some or most of you, I wasn't achieving that. I completed CM mode by winning the league. All it required was buying fast players and all the goals seemed the same i.e. get fast player, run from half way line, score. This was on Legendary too. I know someone else on here felt exactly the same way.

So this brought me to the game setting editing option. I know there are people out there who are editing lots in the game and honestly if I had the time I would do the same. But anyway, like most of you, I asked myself what is wrong with the game? The answer is the speed. IMO there is no other issue with the game. So I started tinkering with the options. This setting is only for Players , not CPU....not only do these settings make it a challenge, but it also brings in a lot of tactical stuff. I will explain now.

Turning sprint speed down to 0, for me, has no affect on the speed of a player. It was weird, I was still able to get sturridge or sterling and run & turn players with ease. So then my attention turned to the acceleration. This has a dramatic effect! Even by turning it down by 1, it changes the pace of the game.

So this post is directed to anyone who found the game too easy, even on legendary and wants a challenge, but also wants to bring a lot of tactical aspects on it. Set sprint speed to 0....set acceleration to 48. Game speed is slow. Legendary. 7 minute halves. Why 48? This setting allows fast players to be quick over a short distance (like in real life) but it doesn't allow you to run with fast players for 50 yards etc,and it doesn't allow you to turn too quickly.

So how does this bring out the tactical part of this game? Well before, I was only interested in buying speed merchants. Shariqi,Bernard, etc etc and it didn't matter where I played them because I knew the moment I'd get the ball,I could score. Now on this setting....total difference.....I used to play 5-3-2....because it was all about getting the ball to the strikers and running....now, I play 4-3-2-1....because midfield build is so much more important now. You have to pass backwards to allow your midfield to move around to find that key breakthrough play.

It has been so rewarding for me, it has made me fall in love with Fifa. Games are seriously a challenge now. For the first time I am looking at DM stats, something I never did before. Never even used to play DMs.

I get some of you might be a total sceptic to what I am writing now and I get that. But I just felt it was my duty to share this because I have enjoyed some of the best seasons I have ever had. I have had loads of variety in goals, I've had those 0-0's , I've had those amazing moments where I have 1-0 in last minute against bigger teams. I haven't won the league yet even.

Anyway I won't post this anymore because I know I did a while back so will not push it. Just if you are one of these players who found Fifa too easy at the start and now wants a challenge, just give this a go.. At first you might find it frustrating, but stick with it and I promise you will see the rewards, the build up play, the transfer market choices,the variety of goals.

Just my 2 cents.

Turning sprint speed down to 0, for me, has no affect on the speed of a player. It was weird, I was still able to get sturridge or sterling and run & turn players with ease. So then my attention turned to the acceleration. This has a dramatic effect! Even by turning it down by 1, it changes the pace of the game.
People on this forum and elsewhere have discussed playing with speed 0 and accel 40s, for the past 2-3 years. Problem with that is fatigue is an issue, players don't tire.

I'm loving FIFA at the moment.

Playing a career with Arsenal and having some great games and the atmosphere of the league and presentation is top notch. It really gets you involved in the games.

The Charity shield match was great, I just won 2-1 against City, some really great moments, 3 very different goals, a scramble off the line, some lovely last ditch tackles.

It isn't perfect by any stretch, but I think it is good fun.

Also we play FIFA at work and there it is slow and you really feel the inertia, but at home it feels much faster. Crazy what a difference a TV makes (all settings are the same).

Also we play FIFA at work and there it is slow and you really feel the inertia, but at home it feels much faster. Crazy what a difference a TV makes (all settings are the same).
My old TV made it faster compared to my new monitor.Which plays it perfectly.
The crazy thing is that when I install it on SSD ,it runs super fast(unplayable).As if the AI is on fire with it passing speed and reactions.But when I installed it on HDD or hybrid ,it plays at perfect pace compared to SSD.

If you're on PC there are tweaks to avoid that.
Is it about GKs only or outfield players too?Anyway If you can link me to it, I'd appreciate it.

I have a message saying there is a problem with online squad check, does anyone know what this is or how to fix it? I don't want to spam the thread but i can't get an online game because of it.

Back
Top Bottom