FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Tom, 30 May 2013.

1. jammiedodger

jammiedodger Premiership

26 February 2009
    Derbyshire
    England
    I'm still enjoying it. Playing Ultimate team for the first time and loving it. Even though it does seem that the worlds against you at times.

you can have a record of 4W/1D/0L needing only two points with 5 games left and with all the will in the world it won't let you get that promotion.

Currently in Div2 with a good squad so can't complain. Just think the matchmaking side of things is slightly fixed or maybe I'm just paranoid :)

2. dannyfc2

dannyfc2 Premiership

9 June 2009
    Played two games against the AI and hated it.

Is there more 'under the hood' that comes apparent the more you play or is that it? Just seems like FIFA 10 with better animations so far. Really weird ball physics that seem to speed up at random.

I can suspend my belief and enjoy an arcade game but there seems no depth to this. Waste of £17.

3. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Golden Boot Winner

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    "An error has occurred, and you are no longer synced with the online match"

i get this every time i try to play with or against Barcelona online in seasons, played lot of matches with other teams no problem

looked after this, and it was reported in september on the EA forum but the link where i could follow the process of fixing this was broken by now. played around 200 games on PS3 till now, there was nothing like this, i have this on PC and sure has nothing to do with unofficial mods

anyone better informed?

4. gabe.paul.logan

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    Custom Chants are not available for Creation Centre teams? It seems like everytime i want to attach a chant for any downloaded team it stays on defeault?

Any hardcore fifa fan can confirm this?
    thx

5. dannyfc2

dannyfc2 Premiership

9 June 2009
    have to eat my words somewhat as im actually really enjoying it right now.

it has an almost old school feel to it.

6. NikoLiberty4

NikoLiberty4 Championship

24 August 2011
    Barcelona
    Arsenal FC
    After abandoning FIFA online gaming, as the majority of people there were more robotic than the CPU itself...

I'm enjoying the game with Moddingway Mod 1.30 and updates disabled (I think it's basically retail gameplay). I don't know why EA ruined the game with the patches, the game is decent to play vs CPU in retail, so I spend time playing some Champions Leagues (funny how they tried to recreate the atmosphere without licenses, as a placeholder for the (maybe) upcoming deal) and World Cups. It has a slightly over-the-top gameplay, with some silly moments, but anyway it's a fun game to play, and of course a much better game than FIFA 13.

Last edited: 10 January 2014
  7. gabe.paul.logan

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    umm xp points make you better online? im over about 50 matches and just promoted to div2 in seasons with the help of some extra wins and draws from catalogue(skipping almost div3) and...wow compared to div4, the players arent play better just feel like...their team is stronger, faster, make no mistake almost, superior in air play, keepers even better, i would accept it that i suck compared to the top players, hell for sure, but every opponnent was SUPERIOR, even the speed differences between players dissapeared i couldnt outrun Azpiluiluicuicieta with Kagawa, NEVER for example, scoring with header? no chance...after relegation the same goes for div3, crazy, took the whole joy away, div4 is kinda ok, my level...even in xp points. feels like does that matter like in other online games, seems such a bullshit, hope its placebo and in div3,2,1 monster players play only

it speek for itself: i got 8 loss before, 42 win and 8 draw...now i got more than 20 loss, just lost tonight nothing else

Last edited: 11 January 2014
  8. gabe.paul.logan

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    there is defo something funky about this game...just won 10-15 matches in a row promoted from div 3 to div 1 in Seasons....and now 5 consecutive losses xD

let me tell you there is nothing special about the players in div 1, but i still conceded in every matche 5 goals at least these goal were rebound goals, fantastic give away goals, corners -crosses(headers ofcourse)...ridicilous, just instantly

felt that the CPU/AI created the opportunities for the opponents with making my defenders dumber and make fantastic lucky chances in the sake of...if its like im not belong yet to the div 1 so i have to be relegated, fucking fantastic, every cross is a goal, im sure after one more relegation from div1 the CPU/AI cheat will go away and im gonna smash everyone again

not overreacting at all, well its still better than pes

Last edited: 7 February 2014
  9. saintric

saintric Premiership

9 October 2007
    hi can anyone help im at my wits end trying to fix this, I brought a new laptop and installed FIFA and it worked fine on medium settings I didnt change anything except the BIOs for the laptop which I updated and cannot roll back.

since then the game runs at 60fps according to fraps but its just that the game looks ...weird like its lagging while moving? like its micro stuttering constantly but the menus ect are all fast as anything anyway here is my specs should i be able to play this without problems?

Intel (R)core(TM) i3-3110M cpu@ 2.40ghz
    6GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 630m 1GB
    windows 8 64U

10. saintric

saintric Premiership

9 October 2007
    just did a fraps benchmark test here is the results

2014-02-10 21:31:57 - fifa14
    Frames: 9253 - Time: 162563ms - Avg: 56.919 - Min: 35 - Max: 92

its strange the game lags when the balls moving but when its still everyone moves smooth

11. Ipswich69

Ipswich69 Banned

25 July 2011
    Hmm, I wonder what the framerate is when the ball just keeps rolling and rolling and rolling..., like it so often does in this years FIFA?

12. saintric

saintric Premiership

9 October 2007
    1000fps on long balls by my calculation just enough that they go out of the pitch everytime

noticed im getting drops of 10-12fps when players pass the ball its like the game trying to catch up

13. Ipswich69

Ipswich69 Banned

25 July 2011
    Exactly:))

14. gabe.paul.logan

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    tournament mode features cup games and champions league, europa league games, promotion, relegation?
    or none of that?

15. Dj Pappizzle

Dj Pappizzle Non-League

21 February 2014
    is there a way to fix ur career when it says it's corrupted? after installing the latest moddingway mod, i keep getting that error.

16. Leander

Leander Non-League

27 February 2014
    Hi!

Is there a way to fix the lack of callnames for custom teams?

The German version has 17! names to choose from...nothing compared to the English commentary.

I really would like to create a custom team with my favourite players but when I add licensed players in EA's conrol center the names are never used.
    No commentary names is boring. :(

Is there a workaround?

17. gabe.paul.logan

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    nope, because the database wich u choosed when you started your career changed with the update, and any change causes error in the save file.

downgrade it if u know how OR
    try to make a back up of your career save and uninstall the whole thing(patch, fifa im not sure because mwm doesnt have an uninstall exe) and install the Moddingway patch untill the version u had originally when you started the career, then u had the clear, original database witch wich u started and the game will accept it, it should ...i guess :)

18. Matt10

Matt10 Champions League

5 February 2004
    I think if you're running Win7 (maybe 8 as well) you can right click on the db file that is in there, and click "Restore Previous Version" and it should have a list of the date to be restored. I did that when I had accidentally overwritten my DB.

19. gabe.paul.logan

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    cool, i have win8, should try that next time if it occours

20. temporaomores

temporaomores Banned

17 November 2013
  21. banbenbin

banbenbin League 1

25 September 2013
  22. bobfifalas

bobfifalas Championship

15 March 2004
    Is there 1.4 patch for pc??

23. temporaomores

temporaomores Banned

17 November 2013
    Yes, there is.

As for camera it's the camera they removed. Sadly.

But if you tried demo you should know it's the new default camera for NG version :P.

24. banbenbin

banbenbin League 1

25 September 2013
    Is there anyway to add it (I am on the PC as well)? I do remember from the demo that you mention it.

25. gabe.paul.logan

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    its 1.4 since december(maybe released in januray) according to the exe

26. temporaomores

temporaomores Banned

17 November 2013
  27. MadbaLL

MadbaLL Interista per sempre!

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    moddingway mod returns this wednesday :BOP:

28. temporaomores

temporaomores Banned

17 November 2013
  29. MadbaLL

MadbaLL Interista per sempre!

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    very nice patch, indeed...

enjoying your time with fifa 14 again @info? :)

30. temporaomores

temporaomores Banned

17 November 2013
    Not how I would like :LOL:.

The AI is overpowered a bit, but that makes it more fun I guess :P.