FIFA 14 - 10th anniversary!

*aLe

World Cup Winner
30 August 2005
Lombardia
NOT Lombardia NA.
As you may remember, FIFA 14 was initially released on september 24, 2013 which is exactly 10 years ago.

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of this event I thought I'd open a thread to try and preserve the mods that I think are "mandatory". I'll offer original links for the mods that still have a valid one and upload to Mega or Mediafire the ones that don't have one anymore.
As my goal is to have an "original season" focused game, all I'm posting refers to the 2013/14 season.

So, without further ado... Here is the content that is, for me, mandatory:

Regularcat's 14 unlicensed names & logos patch
Description: this patch corrects league/tournament and team names via a custom language DB. It also adds real emblems for all of them. It also comes with a custom DB that fixes the names for players that have fake ones.
More info: FIFA Infinity's mod page (https://dl.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-14/fifa-14-unlicensed-names-and-logos-patch/)
Direct link: MEGA (https://mega.nz/file/x05RxLra#XY2iTHMZcSDG14h8dWwnGaZaV-OZVApAW-OlboV__R4)
Alternate link: Mediafire (https://www.mediafire.com/file/0d6a55dsw14j6hz/FIFA_14_unlicensed_teams_fix.7z/file) - Files already extracted - password: evoweb
Installation: if you got the pack from MEGA (recommended), just run the desired installer and follow the instructions. If you downloaded the "already extracted" version, paste the provided "Game" folder into your main FIFA 14 folder and regenerate (I'm using File Master but any tool capable of regenerating FIFA 14 .big files would do).
Mind you that the "already extracted" version does not contain the DB with fixed player names. Thus, the original MEGA link is suggested (it contains both the installer and the instructions, plus a LOD fix which doesn't hurt).

Outsider87's italian DB patch - Install this only if you plan to use the game in Italian!
Description:
this patch corrects league/tournament and team names by altering the Italian language DB. It also improves the translation of some strings.
More info (in Italian): Oltre Il Calcio (https://oltreilcalcio.forumcommunity.net/?t=55257784)
Direct link: Mediafire (https://www.mediafire.com/file/1009pdrvh70a4jn/FIFA_14_itadb_patch.7z/file) - Reuploaded as the original link from FIFAmania isn't available anymore - password: evoweb
Installation: paste the provided "Game" folder into your main FIFA 14 folder and regenerate (I'm using File Master but any tool capable of regenerating FIFA 14 .big files would do)

Missing kits (collected by me)
Description:
a collection of missing kits, including full sets for Serie B teams (mainly by FIFAmania's Luca77), some shorts/socks variations (not many) and many GK kits for teams that didn't have one in the original game (most if not all of them are made by Moswell, who did a wonderful job back then).
More info: this is not a "pre-made" pack but it's a collection of kits I downloaded over time. I believe it covers every team which has missing kits ingame but I might be wrong.
Direct link: Mediafire (https://www.mediafire.com/file/qyy43fukua8f9ln/FIFA_14_kit_update.7z/file) - password: evoweb
Installation: paste the provided "Game" folder into your main FIFA 14 folder and regenerate (I'm using File Master but any tool capable of regenerating FIFA 14 .big files would do), then open the main DB with DB Master (make sure you've extracted it from the .big file first) and import the provided teamkits.txt file over the table with the same name.
Please note that this pack disables classic kits. All the kits you'll see will be from the 2013/14 season. Sorry if I don't give credit to everyone involved but... It's been eighty-fo... Well, ten years.

This is more or less the bare minimum to have the game licensed. In the future days I'll also try and gather some "nice to have" optional mods like a LOD fix and such and add a "tools" section.

Of course, if you love FIFA 14 and want to contribute keeping it alive, feel free to post the mods that you like, as long as you follow these rules:
  • No paywalls/adware. This means Mediafire, Google Drive/OneDrive, ShareMods or MEGA. No adfly or other similar links please.
  • If possible (and if it doesn't go against the first rule) please use the original links for the mods if they're still up.
    Should you need to reupload a mod... See the above rule
  • Face packs, ball packs, boot packs, scoreboard packs, adboard packs are welcome but please try and keep them related to the 2013/14 season. Just as an example, please no Messi face with the oxy hair like he was in 2017.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
USEFUL TOOLS:

Pretty much everything by Rinaldo, such as...
These tools pretty much allow you to do almost everything you want with the game... Just use them if you know what you're doing.
And if you're not, please backup your "FIFA 14" folder before using them. Before even considering using them.

Should you need another very good tool for regenerating files, here's also iard68's i68 Regenerator for FIFA 14 (FIFA Infinity page with details, and direct link).

...aaaaand Revolution Mod by scouser09 of course!

OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS:

Fidel's mods
(taken from his OneDrive, here's the relevant Soccergaming thread) change a number of things in the game, from LOD to gameplay.
They usually come in form of installers so make sure you follow their instructions should you decide to try one.

Natural evolution gameplay by Shorelooser (here's the Soccergaming thread and here's the direct link to the latest version) is a gameplay mod that's worth trying in my opinion. While using it, I conceded (yep, mainly conceded) some goals that would have never happened with the vanilla gameplay (including a late own goal to lose a derby match against Go Ahead Eagles which would result in my defender blocking the shot as it usually happens in FIFA 14 without this gameplay mod).

FIFA 14 kit wrinkle patch by Xanberk (here the Soccergaming thread and here the direct link from Mediafire) just adds to the full game the kit wrinkle files from the demo. The result is not quite the same but it's an improvement over the "base" game nonetheless.

FIFA14 rendering patch by Benya100 (here the Mediafire link, here the Soccergaming discussion which is very interesting) helps with shadows in added stadiums. I think it's mandatory if you decide to add any stadium. Speaking of which...

Stadiums by Gonzaga & BFL Team. No need to do any talking on my side, they speak for themselves. Nothing more to add (apart from the links, the Mediafire one and the Soccergaming one).

Last edited:
Damn, it's been 10 years already? Doesn't feel that way, it's kinda scary.
Yes, it's 10 years already. Kinda crazy.

Meanwhile, I added some optional downloads and useful tools.
Again, everybody feel free to contribute with more 13/14 content if you think that something should be preserved.

Back
Top Bottom