FIFA 13

player model is still the same "monkey" one. human beings are vertical being, ea hasn't figured it out yet.

When players run they dont run vertical. When you walk in Fifa players are vertical when you run it's a totally different body position from walking and rightly so.

Sounds like your used to PES's running animation which is totally wrong. You realise Fifa is mo capped by players like Rooney, Ronaldinho, Edu etc etc? Those are real life humans not monkeys.

Last edited:
Yet they still look like some may call "monkeys". Not talking about the body direction as that one is correct, but some of the poses on those screenshots are still completely off and weird (look at the guy next to Sanchez) and proportions (arms to the rest of the body on the Messi pic) seem a little off as well.

That said, general consensus is that it's how it looks on gameplay camera that maters. They still need to work on the body types problem, it's still there even if they claim they did enough to fix it.

What's needed for Fifa 13 imho is:

1. Proper footplanting.

2. Realistic inertia/momentum-model.

3. Realistic ballcontrol according to stats, pressure-situation and ball-velocity.

4. An AI that can anticipate plays and acts humanly.

5. More emphasis on tactics, formations, realism... bla, bla, bla.. in short more football, less videogame!

Yet they still look like some may call "monkeys".

I just dont see this monkey stances you guys are going on about....

fifa-13-tacle-messi.jpg

stock-photo-three-soccer-player-running-for-ball-2462619.jpg

417573244_dc35a936f0_z.jpg

fifa-13-messi-attaque.jpg

0+benidrom+barcelona+lionel+messi+running.jpg

427954162_179423b598.jpg

Clearly people dont run vertical unless your Marathon runners in which case it's a totally different way of running compared to Football players

kenyans1.jpg

Its so true in oldPES basically playing a 3-5-2 4-3-3 4-4-2 could actually completely change the way the game played and the outcome. Getting a player sent off was drastic. Playing long balls on counters etc could work well, various methods of attacks.

You could say FIFA is a video demonstration of an animated football match? Its got the shots, the animations etc...but its like a guy with no brain, it looks normal on the outside but soemthing is missing inside.

I wish I could go back to oldPES. I might try again? Why cant I? what makes it dated now?

PES 2012 with patch 1.06 does it for me now. It looks poor visually, the atmosphere is rather bland, the animation is not varied enough... but the fundamental football-aspects it does really well.

The scripting is reduced considerably, playing now on top-player and gamespeed -2 and enjoying it. The R2-button did wonders for my defending capabilities while the L2-passing did wonders for my offensive capabilites.

Shooting is not as free as in Fifa 12 though.

I dotn see why konami cant just go back to their pes3-5 root and update the graphics, physics, animations etc..
I mean how hard is that?

I dotn see why konami cant just go back to their pes3-5 root and update the graphics, physics, animations etc..
I mean how hard is that?

I wouldn't pay for it, if they did. As much as I loved PES 5 during the PS2-times (I still play it once a month using the xbox1-version on xbox360), it's imho outdated in nearly every regard. PES 2012 for example is way more complex, deeper and represents more of football than PES 5 does.

To go back to 8-way-movement, to do without the passing-freedom is not possible for me anymore. Yes, PES 5 is more fun and more polished than PES 2012 but it is also way more scripted.

I wouldn't pay for it, if they did. As much as I loved PES 5 during the PS2-times (I still play it once a month using the xbox1-version on xbox360), it's imho outdated in nearly every regard. PES 2012 for example is way more complex, deeper and represents more of football than PES 5 does.

To go back to 8-way-movement, to do without the passing-freedom is not possible for me anymore. Yes, PES 5 is more fun and more polished than PES 2012 but it is also way more scripted.

I know what u mean I didnt mean a replicate. Just the base gameplay but then try to add in modern features. If that is possible?

FIFA 13 - 5 Major Improvements

At the showcase,the main producer David Rutter,told to his guests that FIFA 13 will have 5 major improvements and we will list them bellow:

FIFA13_Attacking_intelligence_ManCityvsManU-650x365.jpg

First Touch Control

One of the first things to do at FIFA 13 was to implement a more realistic ball control.Now it will be more difficult to control a receiving ball with your player.It all depends on the strength, the speed, the ball height and the technical skills of your player to achieve the control of the ball and run with it.

FIFA13_Ibrahimovic_dribble_LOC-650x365.jpg

Player Impact

Another feature that got improved is the player impact engine.There will be no more unrealistic animations in the players challenges!The engine has been optimized and new a set of impact values ​​has been added at the hip and the upper body area.

FIFA13_Messi_avoids_tackle_LOC-650x365.jpg

Complete Dribble

In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction,in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore!

FIFA13_Messi_forward_move-650x365.jpg

Tactical Free-Kicks

The free-kicks got a new free kick system.Up to three players can now gather around the ball and make fun of the opponent’s defense and goalie. You can now feint a direct shot and adjust it to a player who comes off the wall. Also the defense set pieces have been improved to go with the new free kick system.For example, you can make a defensive team with more players into the wall and send out a player to block the ball.

FIFA13_Messi_freekick-650x365.jpg

Attacking AI

The offensive Artificial Intelligence got a huge improvement. The CPU-controlled players got better running routes and better guessing options of where you pass the ball.Also the strikers are smarter and move with the offside line of your defenders,waiting to receive the ball and run with it towards your goal post.

FIFA13_VPersie_air_strike-650x365.jpg

Beside all of these improvements,David Rutter still wants to make other upgrades to the game such as, new passing types,new shot rotation moves and new goalkeeper animations.Also the cheering animations have been adjusted to the current football atmosphere.One last thing he really wants to improve is the referee!

Source: http://game2gether.de/78940/fifa-13-vorschau-preview-ea-showcase/

Didn't they try to do it with PES 2008 before? I could tell PES 2008 was still using old PS2 gameplay engine... Hell, I do feel PES 2009 and others still use bits of it (even 2012, rails anyone? :P).

I would want PES 2013 to be done from ground. No stupid polishing of old fiasco engine. Some people would do without any football game through the year if they had to wait for proper football game.

And as it is FIFA thread, was massive FIFA fan back in the days, until PES 3 came and changed all the things around. Gone back to FIFA on consoles wit FIFA 09 and 10. Then turned to FIFA 11 on PC (for me, still the best FIFA). Tried to play FIFA 12, but couldn't. It's pathetic. How could you ruin great base to publish such sh*t game is beyond me.

Player Impact Engine = fail. The bugs in that area are so visible it's a pain to deal with it.

Sliders? Oh great, because we need cheating mechanism in our game to make it playable. It's not NBA 2k... It's FOOTBALL. Make proper AI for CPU and Human players and proper physics engine and there would be no need for Sliders in the first place (btw does NHL from EA has this feature too?)

What about that glorified so much atmosphere on stadiums in FIFA? I turned commentary down to listen to crowds and sorry, I prefer repeated in loops PES chants. At least I can hear people chanting clubs chants:P.

I would take commentary to PES though. It's so much better than the fools we have to listen to now.

FIFA is definitely not the 8th wonder press tend to make it out to be. It still needs a polishing here and there (foot planting! It's not NHL game where people slide on ice ffs, proper momentum/interia in players, better AI in teammates/CPU, proper tactical depth, individuality of teams and players [get rid of skill moves from players who don't do them irl. I got pissed when I saw Messi doing Ronaldo chops and roulettes :lol:]

Eh, wish we could get 2 decent football games in one season. Doubt that will happen:/.

A more realistic ball-control and improved attacking AI? That are two of my wishes, sounds good.

If only EA would implement a realistic inertia/momentum-model as well as proper footplanting and a much more tactical emphasis in gameplay it could really give PES 2013 a run for its money.

The major confirmed improvement in PES 2013 (using the same engine as PES 2012) is that leaving the rails will be possible without having to use supercancel, that and manual passing/crossing and shooting will be possible.

So imho this year will be an interesting competition between PES and Fifa. With PES 2012 and Fifa 2012, PES lost the first 7 months and then managed to win with patch 1.06... better late than never.:))

What does this mean?

Player inertia will be in the game i'd imagine.

I wonder if EA can nail this impact engine and AI, if they can Fifa 13 could be special!!!!

What does new shot rotation moves? Mean?

So imho this year will be an interesting competition between PES and Fifa. With PES 2012 and Fifa 2012, PES lost the first 7 months and then managed to win with patch 1.06... better late than never.:))

Lets be honest, Both are pretty awful but with PES being ever so slightly less awful gameplay wise but with Fifa being better at everything else. Both games need MASSIVE changes for 2013.

Last edited:
The single biggest problem with FIFA is that the momentum scripting dominates over everything else. No matter which team you are or your players' stats, when the momentum is with you, you will be faster, have accurate passes and shots, win the tackles, win the headers, have the luck, and when it's against you, the reverse is true.

There's probably something reasonable going on in the game engine but it's totally suffocated by the momentum scripting.

Oh, and are they leaving human controllable goalkeepers in 11v11, and you still can't kick them out? So every 11v11 game will continue to have both goalkeepers running around the pitch with opens goals all match. Just like real football.

This game is at its lowest ebb since 2007, and is fading fast.

i dont believe EA will not implement the change formations in real time this year...
this is so awful...
pes has this since his first games and this give the players so much more tatical aproach and variety to the game...
its ridiculous...
thats the biggest problems in fifa for me...
the game now on my pc with sliders that im using, in world class, slow speed and full manual is very enjoyable but see players like messi, iniesta, xavi, ozil, fabregas playing in the same position and doing the same runs in full game is so so unrealistic and boring...
or EA give a full change of teammates AI in the fifa13 or at least implement the change formations in real time like PES series...

Cant believe they havent got some protactics header in the 5 improvements. Didnt pes have this since the 11 edition? One of the biggest, if not THE biggest improvement to be made imo. Its all very well improving the attacking AI, but if that goes for every team it becomes meaningless. Still early so hopefully they can come up with some more improvements.

Back
Top Bottom