FIFA 13

It's depend of opinion. General for me Pes 2013 is shit game. Old Pes games were much, much better. FIFA 13 looks better, move better, have better atmosphere, better online....It's facts.
Oh yeah man definitely its a matter of opinion and I respect that. IMO EA need to develop a new engine for FIFA especially with Next Gen being just around the corner to reboot the series.

PES needs a new engine simply to bring it up to current gen standards...
Placebo, Do you have issues with the way FIFA 13 plays? if so id be interested to know what they are.

PES this time around plays something that feels like football. Yes it has its issues but it gives me my footballing fix in a much better way than FIFA does. I wont keep on as I dont wanna start a daft PES vs FIFA discussion in a FIFA thread :)

Placebo, Do you have issues with the way FIFA 13 plays? if so id be interested to know what they are.

Of course, no game is perfect, Fifa is too fast, not enough fouls, gameplay a little too inorganic (can be improved somewhat with formation/slider tweaks so players move around more), but on the whole it for me plays an excellent game of football and CM (the only mode I play) is excellent.

Of course, no game is perfect, Fifa is too fast, not enough fouls, gameplay a little too inorganic (can be improved somewhat with formation/slider tweaks so players move around more), but on the whole it for me plays an excellent game of football and CM (the only mode I play) is excellent.
Way too fast for me on Normal speed. Makes me wonder if EA watch football matches where the players are on Speed or somethin!.

The camera views arent right either, I can never get it set the way I want for all stadiums i.e. for St James Park I can get it fine but then say I play AC Milan it messes up and is too close to the pitch!

I also think Strength and Pace are too over emphasized in FIFA 13 which ruins the game. Plus with this 1st touch system games become scrappy affairs as players struggle to control the ball at times.

if you are playing on PC the fouls have been more or less fixed by a combination of various product ini and modified DB. So has the speed

Way too fast for me on Normal speed.

Which is why I play on slow :)

if you are playing on PC the fouls have been more or less fixed by a combination of various product ini and modified DB. So has the speed

Sadly not playing on PC, I'd be tempted if Origin wasn't a complete and utter POS, if Fifa was available on Steam I would definitely buy it.

I found Slow didnt make much difference on any of the FIFA games, it still whizzes around like a mad man on Speed.

Which is why I play on slow :)

Sadly not playing on PC, I'd be tempted if Origin wasn't a complete and utter POS, if Fifa was available on Steam I would definitely buy it.
The problem is that online people dont play with slow settings so when I want to play 2v2 with a mate the game zooms around like an old Arcade Football game I once loved.

Back on topic to FIFA 13 again I played this online on Saturday night at the in-laws and its always the same. Real Madrid, Ronaldo, Sprint Sprint Sprint, Ball over the top, he is too quick and gets through easy, Finesse shot, GOAL!

Don't play it online, offline it's a superb game, started a Newcastle CM and loving it :)
You see offline Placebo I think the CPU AI always seems to play the same way no matter what team I face. I dont know whether thats because they havent got the different playing styles sorted or if its just poor predictable AI.

Im hoping for a slower paced less predictable experience for FIFA 14.

That's not my experience personally, and obviously if you implement the appropriate custom tactics/formations/styles for the AI that will greatly improve the play variety.

The only things that annoy me to the point of detracting from the game are the player switching which drives me insane sometimes and how the CPU players turn etc when they are trying to keep the ball away from you (Which is annoying and doesn't look very realistic).

Other than that I am really enjoying it offline playing with my VP.

I haven't played online for a few months but on all manual I was finding lots of games and I had some great games on that....although the manual players have started to use the trick stick quite a lot I noticed and doing spins etc that just drives me mental. In 2012 if you found a Manual game, it more or less guaranteed that you would have a really good game with a like minded person. But as more people come over to manual, you obviously get some knobs.

The only things that annoy me to the point of detracting from the game are the player switching which drives me insane sometimes and how the CPU players turn etc when they are trying to keep the ball away from you (Which is annoying and doesn't look very realistic).
The player switching is bad but the player switching on PES 2013 (especially online doing 2v2 with a mate) is awful!

At times on PES to start with im in control of a player but then at the most random of times it will switch to my mate! It caused us no end of problems the other day.

I hate the quick sharp turns CPU players seem to be able to do as well. Especially when it doesnt seem to matter what stats they have!

You see offline Placebo I think the CPU AI always seems to play the same way no matter what team I face. I dont know whether thats because they havent got the different playing styles sorted or if its just poor predictable AI.

Im hoping for a slower paced less predictable experience for FIFA 14.

agree with this Super Sonic. But it wont happen, Career Mode has been the same old rubish for years now - EA just add more glitz to it every release to keep the punters happy.

Next FIFA will be fast again I put my savings on it - and they'll still have chunky unrealstic zombie player models, boring matches that all feel the same and players which float around like boats.

I had two stages of playing fifa13.
1st - I loved this game, 2nd - I hated this game.
1st was after release because of graphic, reality etc., not gameplay.
2nd I was fu**ed up because I was losing a lot, than I found Placebo's sliders ver 0,7 (I use them today and I think these are the best ever made) and now, after long weeks of training I discovered that I was ,,pass and run player'' and I have to say most of you are these kind of players. I found that real playing is to think a lot, pass back many times, like in real football. I say again - think!!! - yes, and than you can be in love with this game.
I cant stop playing now, have also Camp Nou made by someone, fantastic.
I repeat again - thinking is only possible way to be in this game. Most of you should record your game and than compare to tv matches- you will discover that you play too fast - pass run shoot, just want to score. I was also that kind of player.

Last edited:
Have you tried managing an International team in your CM Michael? You absolutely must pass it around more else you get punished, plays quite differently to regular CM matches.

Back
Top Bottom