Fifa 12 on manual controls advice?

pes4lyfe

Champions League
4 July 2011
So I switched up all the passing to full manual and im many ways its great it feels I can pass anywhere at any power.

however, my accuracy is real bad and I have to concentrate a lot more...and in panicky or short time situations eg edge of box many players most often wont make a good pass.

I foudn shooting far to hard though so keep on semi.

I was gettin 80-90% passing now on manual 60% so you can see my passing is all over the place.

Can you improve and master over time or does it always require a lot more concnetration and patience.

I think it is good but atm I am gonna have to go back to semi/assisted as i make far to many bad passes.

I even put pass error down to 10 in user sliders to help.

Any tips/thoughts

Cheers

You just have to keep practicing with it unfortunately, you get to know in what slight direction you have to aim to get it where you want to go, but it only comes with alot of practice...which can be very frustrating, but once you are decent at it, it is very rewarding.

Also try using the through ball button for normal passing, it makes it a bit easier and helps with one touch passing when only tapping it. Sometimes the normal pass is a bit weak.

For longer ground passes try using the through ball button and see if moving the Power Bar up to 65 helps on the touch needed for shorter passing. Keep practicing.

Rather than having to hammer the regular ground pass button just try using your grounded through ball button. You are playing all manual right? No assists whatsoever?

i am back on assistes+semi....no manual.

But you mean use assisted through ball for fast advanced passes rather than assisted normal pass?

Or you mean use manual through ball?

i have been playing FIFA full manual since fifa 10.

great thing about it is the control you have of the way you kick the ball ie using the shoot button to drill a ball across pitch,pierce the defence..even using a lobbed shot for passing, long ball button to shoot, using the pass button when heading at goal, i scored a headed goal with d villa using the pass button & the game registers it as a softer action than shoot button & villa leaned back & cushioned the header!
Its also nice using the finesse shot to cross into box, adds more pace & curl.

Eventhough the game itself is pretty awful, its still a side to the game most PES fans have yet to encounter. Its crucial in PES we have this kind of control.

You should stick with manual because the better you get the more the game will open up & its a real joy picking out that killer pass or beating the keeper with an alternative shot.

Sounds like you're really getting the most out of it, good stuff.

But it would be nice if both PES and FIFA had that level of freedom in the engine and ball physics that we could see all that variety using the normal buttons or randomly.

Sounds like you're really getting the most out of it, good stuff.

But it would be nice if both PES and FIFA had that level of freedom in the engine and ball physics that we could see all that variety using the normal buttons or randomly.

Me too, but especially PES it has some catching up to do. Im hoping for some innovation because i doubt they will have got it in feedback. They really need to focus on how the ball is kicked, the options of kicking & the effects on the ball in all areas of the pitch.

I scored a goal yesterday on full manual FIFA i was near the right corner of the 18 yard box & used the finesse shot(sidefoot),right foot, to beat the GK to his right, a curling shot across the gk, to high for him to reach & just inside the post.
It was pre determined & i had enough control to execute it, why would you play PES when you can do this.

Problem is make the game to complex it wont appeal to the casual gamer or pick up and play kids.

Radiodead - no doubt FIFA's shooting is very good and offers more control than PES, although PES does have a lofted cross button modifier which FIFA doesn't. Would be nice to have that option.

I currently enjoy playing Fifa 12 with manual passing, throughball and crossing, only shooting is still on semi, but eventually I will try manual with that, too.

Playing by the way on legendary and it feels quite challenging which is great.

Prefer now Fifa 12 over PES 2012, it plays more free and interesting. I am especially grateful for th sliders. Still I see a few aspects that should be improved for Fifa 13:

1. Inertia and momentum needs to be implemented better.

2. AI in general could use an upgrade.

3. Proper footplanting would be nice.

4. Playerswitching sometimes doesn't react to my input forcing me to let players get to the ball I didn't intend the pass for.

5. There seems to be a forcefield around the players that prevents other players from using certain lanes, for example: I'm at the left side near the sideline with the ball, drawing two opponent defenders to me and therefore making room for my teammember to run along that sideline and to be ready for a pass from me. He tries to go that way and then stops and goes somewhere else because I was there near the sideline. He couldn't get through at my side, which is rediculous as if there were a forcefield preventing him.

6. The gameplay is a bit too fast, despite slidersettings reducing top-speed and setting on slow, it's still a bit too fast. I think the stamina-fatigue-system should be more effective in forcing players and teams to use their speed and strength more economically.

7. More slideroptions covering other gameplay-aspects like stamina-fatigue-effect or first-touch-capabilities...

8. Oh, yes, the goalkeeper should be able to shoot the ball from one side to the next if he so wishes.

But despite all the niggles I'm enjoying Fifa 12 with manual and legendary difficulty, although I lose often, but I like the challenge and the best part is that while I'm losing I don't feel cheated and feel that urge to come back next time with a revenge:)).

I currently enjoy playing Fifa 12 with manual passing, throughball and crossing, only shooting is still on semi, but eventually I will try manual with that, too.

It very easy to shoot the ball very wide. The range when shooting either side of the goal is very small, you are almost pressing up. When i shoot i dont 'press' the stick just rotate it slightly then release

Been using manual since FIFA10 & its very rewarding when you can pick your spot & beat the goalkeeper by placement. Try scoring this type of finesse shot. The alternative to the run towards the corner you will shoot then shoot finesse shot cheese you will constantly see in FIFA :OOOH:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/116781886

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/105072965

Back
Top Bottom