FIFA 12 Demo impressions

Fine on PC here with vsync on.

I've played about 3-4 more games now and, as I expected, it's starting to grow on me.

The last game I did Barca v Milan and it was a superb game, really enjoyed the passing and movement in general. The only downside is that Ibrahimovic is ridiculous in the air, EVERY header was on target if not a goal.

After that match, I put the PES 2012 demo on and did the same match and I wasn't as happy to be back on PES as I expected. Both games were enjoyable and, in an odd way, felt quite similar in ways.

I think FIFA's default speed is spot on, which is weird because I went to PES and thought it was too slow whereas before I played the FIFA demo, I'd usually knock PES down to -1 speed.

I still think PES has more individuality about the players and the teams in general but if I keep playing FIFA and enjoying it then I don't see why I won't get both games.

It's just frustrating trying to play slowly with good link-up play when after 3 minutes you half to start all over again. I've definitely seen enough to convince me to buy the full game though.

Fine on PC here with vsync on.

I've played about 3-4 more games now and, as I expected, it's starting to grow on me.

The last game I did Barca v Milan and it was a superb game, really enjoyed the passing and movement in general. The only downside is that Ibrahimovic is ridiculous in the air, EVERY header was on target if not a goal.

After that match, I put the PES 2012 demo on and did the same match and I wasn't as happy to be back on PES as I expected. Both games were enjoyable and, in an odd way, felt quite similar in ways.

I think FIFA's default speed is spot on, which is weird because I went to PES and thought it was too slow whereas before I played the FIFA demo, I'd usually knock PES down to -1 speed.

I still think PES has more individuality about the players and the teams in general but if I keep playing FIFA and enjoying it then I don't see why I won't get both games.

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Both games are actually good this year. A lot of us might not be able to get both games at once, but surely if your not biased and just enjoy football games you should get both at some point. They both have really enjoyable areas and their downside as well. I still like the PES demo just a bit more, because I am more used to it and the indivduality is still strong (not as strong as last year).

Can't seem to download the XBOX version -

it immediately goes to 1%, then just hangs and eventually times out. Tried deleting and restarting quite a few times but it just won't go beyond 1%. Anyone else get this or know what the problem is?

The way I have my controls setup (alternative with RT and RB swapped over) "Skilled Dribbling" is LT and LB. Very, very cumbersome. Annoying :(

I've tried changing controls around but I need sprint on RB and Player Switching on LB :(

game is stuttering like hell and is unplayable for me -.-"

dual core 2,4ghz @ 3,2ghz
4gb ram
ati hd5770

tried to set the priority to high / low, tried different graphic settings, tried to create that ini file with sleep=16 whatever.

Finally giving up and must admit: ea sucks bad ass! ò_ó

I have an identical system but a quad core @ 3.2Ghz. So it must be the CPU that is lagging you out. It plays perfectly on max settings for me, even during replays, which FIFA 11 did not.

game is stuttering like hell and is unplayable for me -.-"

dual core 2,4ghz @ 3,2ghz
4gb ram
ati hd5770

tried to set the priority to high / low, tried different graphic settings, tried to create that ini file with sleep=16 whatever.

Finally giving up and must admit: ea sucks bad ass! ò_ó

Did FIFA 11 run smoothly on your PC?

Did FIFA 11 run smoothly on your PC?

never played any fifa before on PC.

All latest games run smoothly on highest settings -.-
I see many people encountering this problem. They all have in common that they have an ati graphics card.
I also saw similar problems people had with fifa 11 until there was this ati stuttering patch 1.01(?)....

never played any fifa before on PC.

All latest games run smoothly on highest settings -.-
I see many people encountering this problem. They all have in common that they have an ati graphics card.
I also saw similar problems people had with fifa 11 until there was this ati stuttering patch 1.01(?)....

Yeah it must be your GPU. EA got a deal with nVidia. Quite sad, I feel it ATI users.

First impression: I just didn't have to tackle him on the tutorial...I ran into him to tackle ala Fifa 11....

LOL at the 7 different things for defending...

Last edited:
About the inertia, most animations have been slowed down, so I think there's a psuedo-inertia feel to the game. It's not all that bad.

Been playing for a few hours and it's great.
The speed of play is spot on, finally time to build in midfield.
Liking the new ball physics with long balls especially, you can now do those raking diagonals without the defenders always beating you to the ball......scored a great goal with city, Silva picked it up near the dugouts, hit a long diagonal to Aguero, the ball drifted just over Sagna for Aguero to hit a low cross to Dzeko to tap in (with what I think was a nice new shooting animation).

The new defending will take getting used to but I see it as an improvement on previous years, there's now some skill involved, winning the ball back is now a lot more than holding the pressure button.

Shooting is much better, especially the low powerful shots.

The pitch seems to be bigger aswel, maybe just the new camera angle, and the new lighting makes the graphics look a lot better too.

Can't wait for the full game now.

Amd Phenom II Quad Core 945
6gb Ram
ATI 4870 with 512mb ram

Game runs perfectly smooth maxxed out, not very impressed with the graphics on PC though, think we need some mods to ramp up the texture/LOD quality and such as I know my PC can handle way more than this, despite the very old graphics card.

mr_man said:
About the inertia, most animations have been slowed down, so I think there's a psuedo-inertia feel to the game. It's not all that bad.
Naah, I think animations being slowed down helps the case, but still players can change directions far too easily to my liking. I'll wait until I see how hard defending 1v1 or 2v2 will be online. But I think PES have been getting the whole inertia thing spot on, while EA refuse to do so possibly because lots of kids will complain.

CPU hasn't scored with its foot yet, always from headers. Seems very reluctant to take shots and seems to only want to shoot in the area or cross from the byline after cutting back the players run.

Also have to agree with the momentum and inertia, players are able to stop and spin around without a care in the world. Quite annoying that the defending system has changed to tactical defending so you expect a player to be in a certain place and time your tackle but then the CPU pulls off this gravity-defying spin with the ball so quickly that even Messi would be amazed.

Speaking of Messi, I've actually seen Seedorf do more tricks than Messi. Odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played several games on Xbox and its superb. Playing on full manual, professional, slow.

Pros so far:

No more barging
Great pace
Seen some individuality - Walcott's pace as an example stood out
Tackling is massively improved
When you select attacking the players actually push up (beware of counter attack)
CPU AI is really good, seen a variety of goals and a few tricks but not OTT
Impact Engine

Cons
Impact Engine (see some funny stuff rather than annoying but not frequent)
Seen a one bug with a keeper. (i rushed out and he kicked into touch, CPU took quick throwing and rather than going back to the net he stood next to corner flag until ball was thrown - open net!! although he just made it back to the net to make a save

Anyway day one purchase for me. Great game!

Only had the time for one match (hopefully more later) but I've been quite pleased at how different this plays compared to 11. My guess is that it'll take weeks of playing the full release to really tell how much an improvement over 11 this will be but, after having a poor first impression of the 11 demo, I'm excited by the changes made and intrigued to see if it's as good as my first impression indicated.

if only they included more difficulty settings. At this point, its hard to judge the game completely.

I also don't have an interest to play anymore because its too easy.

Back
Top Bottom