FIFA 12 Demo impressions

Pretty much agree with everything above, especially the defensive shapes. Right analogue stick is much more responsive now in my opinion and skills are easier to pull off.

For me the biggest problem would be lack of inertia and the speed of the game. I am able to knock the ball around for as long as I want behind the opponent's box without any attempts to being charged or knocked off the ball. Same thing applies when I defend, it is really hard to get the ball from the opponent and the attackers always have an advantage due to the fast pace of the game and lack of inertia.

I think the reason I thought the dribbling was unresponsive as there seem to be more animations involved meaning sometimes it takes longer to do something

HI,
Somebody know how can i use gamepad in this game?because when i wanted play with gamepad,fifa crashed and i couldn't play!
(sry for my bad english)

Anyone else playing on PC getting stuttering? Constant 60FPS but the screen seems to stutter like hell... Just like FIFA11. I'm playing on a 6870 with latest drivers.

I'm redownloading the demo because it was being lame. My first thoughts though were that... defensive AI seems to have improved. CPU AI is still a disaster. Momentum is so lacking that it half crucifies the experience. Passing still feels sluggish.

A lot of people saying the flair passing is still massively screwed up (and videos testify to this) but for me, I couldn't actually get a SINGLE flair pass to happen at all! So not sure what was happening. When I redownload I hope things become more sensible.

Here`s the File where you put in to
Documents/Fifa 12 and than you can play with all Gamepads

This my own File from Fifa 11.

http://www.multiupload.com/2XXAQDP27T
Don't Work.

This Is My Controller. [Is Not Official Playstation Controller]

1303672520sawangmetta.jpg

what is tactical defending like, is it really tactical?

is there the secondary press like fifa 11 and can players press and barge through you like last time?

auto tackle still in?

It seems that when you switch from tactical defending to legacy defending under controller settings it's just like fifa 11 again. Holding down A and B pressuring your opponent to death(Albeit not as bad but still just mindless pressure). I can only hope this gets tweaked when the full game comes out or it wont be made available in ranked matches or something.

oh dear

Last edited:
demo no go with my generic gamepad. Plug it out, it runs. Plug in again, fifa crash yet again. somebody got remedy for this?

Tactical defending is a lot like PES's defending this year. If you try to charge in on a tackle, the CPU just rips you apart so you have to jockey. I imagine that'll put off a lot of FIFA players.

Still not wholly convinced after another game, extended time to 5 mins per half instead though. The shooting feels far better than the first PES demo, I prefer the movement from PES. the AI is far FAR better in PES too, I shouldn't need to tell FIFA players to move into space and there's way too many occasions where your players just stand around.

FIFA's sorted out its defensive shape as well, finding it a lot harder to break them down and that's just on Pro level. Still can't get used to the button config so keep getting confused that RB is to ask for secondary pressure whilst trying to spring with RT and jockey with LT.

Haven't had much of a chance to even try using X to pull back a player, the CPU just doesn't run with the ball and passes it off as soon as you get near it anyway.

Need more games but I'm not disappointed like I thought I would be.

OK, I fixed mine. I got the FIFA11 save file in the document folder. Copied the button text file into the fifa12 folder. and remove the fifa11 folder and done.

Tactical defending feels like what PES's system would be like if the modelling of momentum and inertia was nearly nonexistant, and it just doesn't work.

oH? My Player works now.When you have FIfa 11 than copy you ButtonDateSetup from Docuemnts/Fifa11 in Documents/Fifa 12,when you dont have Fifa 11 you must waitfor Fix.

Does the CPU *dun dun durrr* never pass backwards? I know that was an annoyance for a lot of folk.

Also, I've never actually seen this answered anywhere, but do we have more than 2 people competing for a ball in the air, now, for F12?

Anybody having problem with the installation? Mine says that a previous install of this product is detected, and I must remove it before running the install. WTF? Anybody?

Apparently I had to uninstall FIFA 11 for this demo to install, WTF EA? WTF!!!!

Last edited:
Does the CPU *dun dun durrr* never pass backwards? I know that was an annoyance for a lot of folk.

Also, I've never actually seen this answered anywhere, but do we have more than 2 people competing for a ball in the air, now, for F12?

CPU definitely passes backwards, not sure more than two players challenge for the ball in the three games I've played.

Tactical defending feels like what PES's system would be like if the modelling of momentum and inertia was nearly nonexistant, and it just doesn't work.

I can't agree more with this. I have played quite a few games now and while I'm still learning the new defensive system, there are a few fundamental problems with it. The first and foremost is the fact that, due to the fast speed of the game and lack of inertia, the attacker always has an advantage over the defender because the response times are unrealistically quick and the players feel like weightless masses gliding on ice, as opposed to PES where the momentum of your player makes it slower for your player to turn around like Harry Potter.

I'm also not a big fan of the Impact Engine. While it looks fantastic at times, there are quite a few glitches with it where a player falls on the ball and players act like headless chickens for a few seconds, unable to put the ball under their possession. It has certainly made tackling less rewarding too, because tackles feel more like interceptions now as opposed to a means of recovering possession.

How does the AI defend in the demo? Has anyone notice it using the jockey system or does it just bulldoze into tackles with perfect precision?

I guess anyone playing on the highest difficulty would be more likely to see that.

I definitely feel the "skating" has gone from FIFA 11, it's a lot more solid now. But it does feel like the attacker has a big advantage over movement. Trying to jockey just feels a bit pointless because the CPU just goes straight passed you or passes it to an open man because your teammates aren't picking up the opposition properly.

How does the AI defend in the demo? Has anyone notice it using the jockey system or does it just bulldoze into tackles with perfect precision?

I guess anyone playing on the highest difficulty would be more likely to see that.

It stands off quite a bit now, compared to last year where they charged in straight away. Very hard to break down, but that might be due to your players not getting into space.

But the CPU AI is better than it was.

Incidently, I saw someone slating PES for overhead kicks happening too often. I crossed the ball into the box, none of my players anywhere near it though and CPU had plenty of time ... but did this ridiculous overhead kick with a ton of power in it, right to the halfway line. Looked very silly.

I'm looking forward to getting back later this afternoon and giving it another go as I reckon it's one that'll grow on you the more you play it. But it's got flaws which I'm not sure are just because it's a new game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom