FIFA 11 - PC

fifa is the best on animations, but when i play it...for me it seems that all things are separated, no connection between players/ball/etc sometimes it feels like they don't know they have to win the ball, they act as they were dreaming? ... i don't know how to explain it too good, i think PES made a better gameplay

I own both. FIFA 11 PC and PES 2011(because I've been a "PES fanboy" for almost a decade)

I'd say FIFAs animations are top noch in football gaming.

Anyone who wants to read some PES vs FIFA talk see the spoiler;)

Lately I've tried to play more PES 2011. Master League has always been best thing in the game for me. I love the hole ML build-up and all that squad tactics management. Still when I start to play the game all those bugs what disappointed me in PES(2008-2010) are still there and they have done them even worse. Yes there are lots of drastic changes and the graphics look nice(thanks to the "blur" effect what makes you think that graphics are especially good). Still AI is so dumb sometimes that I will have 3-4 facepalm moments in every game. Sometimes I will make a through pass and just goes by a defender who could easily cut it put he just watches how the ball slowli goes by him and my player gets it. Sometimes my player will run towards the ball but he just runs past the ball like there isn't any ball there.
One thing that keeps happening to me is when I'm all alone somewhere near the sideline and the ball has stopped about 2 meters from the sideline and my player slowly(without sprint button pressed) he still manages to make the first touch so bad that he almost hits the ball out of play. Like wtf?!
And the ball physics... why does it feel like I'm playing in mud or water? The ball slows dont just tooo quickly every time I pass it. I'd like to play it quickly and keep the game flowing but I can't. The player controlling is one more big issue and it has been there since the NG PES. Player does the things that he wants(or what is scripted) and I just can't run, pass, jump for a ball etc. when I want to. Like the AI does things for me and I can't do anything about it.

In FIFA NG that player controlling balance has been found. Really. I can do all things with my player... there is no lag or no absolutely wrong things. When I want to pass the pall then he passes it in the first moment when he reaches te ball(example: he runs and pushes the ball to a longer distance from him and the first touch he makes is the pass if I press the pass button).

FIFA is just going to the right direction of making a great football game(it already is good, really good) but PES has gone only worse and worse for me.

Please can someone suggest what they think are the best NVidia graphic settings for FIFA 11, in a similar way to what scot did for PES. I'm having a bit of bother getting FIFA to run smoothly. Cheers.

Which one do you have currently have man? Apparently there some ATI compatibility issue, i'm not 100% sure but buy one which others have given the all clear that it makes the game run smooth!

Which one do you have currently have man? Apparently there some ATI compatibility issue, i'm not 100% sure but buy one which others have given the all clear that it makes the game run smooth!

XFX G-Force 8600GT. It's a couple of years old but should be good enough to run FIFA properly. I've never had any problems running C.O.D MW and PES 10 & 11 at full whack so if anyone has any suggestions as to AA settings etc, I'd be grateful.

Anyone knowns if with the rna.ini files i can change the camera height values too? there only settings for zooming.
thanks!

Last edited:
XFX G-Force 8600GT. It's a couple of years old but should be good enough to run FIFA properly. I've never had any problems running C.O.D MW and PES 10 & 11 at full whack so if anyone has any suggestions as to AA settings etc, I'd be grateful.

I have the same card, hmm do you have windows 7, it's like my card has been a bit shit in terms of resolution dimensions every since i upgraded :CONFUSE:

You know, I tried all possible settings in FIFA 11 demo, and in my case it doesn't matter if it's set to maximum with 4xAA or medium with no AA or whatever. The weirdest thing though, is that when I set the graphics to absolute minimum, the framerate dropped from 60 to 30 with constant stuttering! That's some faulty optimisation there...

I was ready to buy the full game, but reading hom much technical problems this game has (look at the bug list on EA forum- it's of mammoth size) I'll wait till EA fixes (yeah right) at least the most essential problems.

I have the same card, hmm do you have windows 7, it's like my card has been a bit shit in terms of resolution dimensions every since i upgraded :CONFUSE:

No mate, I still run XP (SP3). I’ve resisted upgrading to Vista or Win 7 as I believe that XP is the most stable OS platform for gaming and I’ve very rarely had any issues whatsoever.

Ok, Windows 7 is much better than Xp in pretty much every way apart from the odd compatibility issues but you need a new video card which can support top, high end resolutions for it though!

Hi there, i wonder if there any possibilities to resize the in-game Radar, with any edition tool or mod.
I think is to much little, comparing with the PES one, that i looked it every time.
Here in FIFA i don't have time to look at it, because is too small, too separated from what happening on the match.

Anybody feel the same?

Last edited:
is anyone using the xbox 360 controller emulator to play?

i'm using ps2 controllers with a converter, and used x360ce for fifa 11.. vibration works, but when it vibrates the game lags like hell..

anyone got vibration to work with a non-xbox 360 controller?

:))

Problem: i started a new manager mode with Arsenal, and all good with some crash but i resolved it with "run as administrator" or "windows xp service pack 3 compatibility) :) but now i have a big problem...i can't go on team management and crash :CONFUSE: ...i can go on save,transfer ecc.. but when the controller go to team management the game crashes and i can play the next match, i lost all match because i have a injured people in the line-up and i can't go to edit line up :(...solutions??? thanks :BYE:

Yes, is strange...but is the first time that i have this crash...others are typical like at the end of a match, and i resolve it with "run as administrator" or "windows xp service pack 3 compatibility) ...i have a cup match and the i can't go to management mode...there are a possibility to post my manager mode and can anyone save the next match or view the problem??? :)

question guys,

It's me or the game? I feel that referee don't calls most fouls or hard tackles on me, specialy when I make fast attack action and cpu trying to stop me with evident "no ball" tackles and fouls, but when I do the same to cpu team, almost always they got foul, so when I play I feel like cpu got advantage with that and refs are unfair

Damn some time it feels like "pes 2010 referee bug"

No verification on this so don't take as gospel...

here are details for a patch just released for pc, NOT XBOX/PS3

I hope there is a lot more to the console version these problems barely cover half of the console problems

"The download brings a number of enhancements for the game, and will improve the following:

•The end-match crash in Manager Mode and Exhibition Match.
•The Manager Mode crash when using Peterborough Club.
•Teams in Manager Mode that were appearing in the incorrect leagues. Note: This will not work for Manager Mode saves that you have in progress, only new ones that you start after installing the patch.
•The Manager Mode in-game scoreboard location when in widescreen mode and using a league other than England.
•The Manager Mode in-game scoreboard location when Olympique Lyonnais are used.
•The weather pattern randomizer in Manager Mode.
•Two users playing on the same team if you enter the online mode with the mouse.
•Online Head to Head matches where the in-game scoreboard location was sometimes too low on the screen.
•Users being able to control the opponent CPU with a second controller after backing out of a Ranked Online match.
•Users who did not receive a DNF% on the Head to Head Leaderboards when pressing ALT + F4.
•Highlight replays video stuttering.
•NIS (Non-Interactive Sequence) stuttering.
•Improvement for keyboard users who were not able to access the in-game Controller Settings.
•A work around for video stuttering on ATI video cards (until a new driver is released).
•Correction to Lincoln City kit sponsors.
•Correction to Zenit St. Petersburg third kit.
•Correction to Montpellier kit sponsors."

Hi everyone... im new here.. just want to ask ur opinion..my computer spec windows 7 ultimate 32 bit,core i5 760, 4gb ddr3 ram, ati 4870 hd 1g.. i play fifa 11 with quality= high n MSAA=4 vsync=on.. the gameplay very smooth.. only replays lag... same also after i installed patch 1.0.1.but when i turn off MSAA n play with high quality, the replay smooth.. but sometimes still lag n stutter... btw when I play fifa 11 with quality=medium MSAA=4, the gameplay n replay very smooth…. So now, is it my computer spec doesn’t sufficient enough to play fifa 11? Or this is problem from fifa? Thanks…..

I was wandering if anyone can tell me, is there any way to change my FIFA 11 tele camera the way like PES 2011 default camera is? (with camera angle when I come close to the goal) Thanks in advance!!

Just played FIFA 11 (PC) right after PES2011 and one thing that really stroke me that the pitch is way too small on FIFA.

I don't care for PES vs. FIFA arguments... they bore the hell out of me... but this is a fundamental problem in FIFA. I mean you can go from end to end just as quickly as in hockey. That really kills this game for me.

Just played FIFA 11 (PC) right after PES2011 and one thing that really stroke me that the pitch is way too small on FIFA.

I don't care for PES vs. FIFA arguments... they bore the hell out of me... but this is a fundamental problem in FIFA. I mean you can go from end to end just as quickly as in hockey. That really kills this game for me.

I agree,that is the biggest problem for me also..its not realistic and hope in next FIFA that they will change this !!!

Back
Top Bottom