1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Fifa 11 "Festival of Fifa" hands-on questions

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Lami, 10 August 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lami

Lami Niche Football Staff

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    Here you go fellas. Shoot.

Note: No chat in here. Please post questions only.

I'll start with my simple ones:

1- Is it attribute based like PES?
    2- Do players still feel "too light" and hop about with no weight specially when dribbling and changing directions?
    3- Scoring feels good and not just "hey, i just scored.."?
    4- Any sweet spots for scoring?
    5- Shooting feels good?

Also please report on any CM improvements.

Last edited: 11 August 2010
  2. Lami

Lami Niche Football Staff

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    TikTikTikTikTik's questions,

3. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

1) Do the manual cheat goals still exist? These are the chipped through balls being really high, accurate lobs and the early crosses being powerful curling shots (with loads of sweet spots). Probably a difficult one to answer unless you've seen them in FIFA 10 (you would have done of you played manual ranked matches).

2) Can you beat players with just the left stick, instead of having to do tricks such as stepovers/feints.

3) Is skill dribbling (LT+RT) more effective? I felt that it was a nice addition to FIFA 10 and had a lot of potential and could be used to great effect sometimes but it was too unpredictable/unresponsive making it risky to use.

4) When playing on semi/manual against someone on assisted, do you feel like you are at a disadvantage?

5) Does the defensive AI still let you pass the ball from anywhere on the pitch to the feet of your striker?

6) Can you strike a powerful shot from standing still? The most obvious example of this needing improvement is when you hit a cross to an unmarked player in the box, they stand there waiting for it but if you try to volley first time it will usually be hit into the ground with little power. You should be able to really whack the ball in that situation.

7) Can you use the momentum of the ball when going for goal? An example of this in real life would be when a cross gets driven in at pace and all the striker needs to do is get a slight touch with his head or toe to almost certainly beat the keeper.

8) Do finesse shots have more power? Can you trouble the keeper from distance with them?

9) Is the teammate AI still as predictable? In FIFA 10 even with "free form" on, it still seemed very rigid.

Last edited by a moderator: 10 August 2010
  4. mcruz

mcruz League 2

31 January 2005
    rio de janeiro, Brasil
    Vasco and Real Madrid
    most important answer to me!!!
    players tend to move more freely without the ball or only run up and down?

5. Rodelero

Rodelero A.K.A. Xaor

21 September 2007
    Good questions so far you two - I'm gonna do my best to test the 'whore' tactics ala FIFA 10 as best as possible. Pressure, ping-pong, chipping, manual lobbing, backpost corners, and so forth.

6. lothario

lothario Dane

1 July 2010
    Denmark
    Gameplay

1) Is stupid chesting toned down?

2) Is defensive clearing more rushed?

3) Is player switching less forced?

4) Are there less stumbles?

5) Do players from the same team still run into each other when attacking?

Goalkeepers

1) Do they still make gliding saves on erroneous crosses (=easy balls)?

2) Are they aware of who touched a ball last? (letting a ball go for goalkick/kicking one away for corner)

HIGHLIGHTS

1) Is it flv or controllable replays? (I keep hearing both things)

7. mfmaxpower

mfmaxpower Champions League

29 July 2010
    *How is off-the-ball movement? In particular, do fullbacks make more overlapping runs, and do AMs make threatening runs into the box?

8. luke909

luke909 League 2

17 August 2004
    If you have a freekick, and the opposition puts a defender on the goal line, will your team automatically step up and fill the space in the box?

9. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    How easy/difficult are freekicks? 09 level (pretty impossible for me), 10 (way too easy) or WC (seemed to have a decent balance to me).

10. kouroux

kouroux I have no imagination

24 July 2005
    Djibouti
    Manchester United
    1)Can we customize defensive set pieces ? More precisely can we get full backs and short players in general covering both posts during corner kicks and not CBs who are vital in those situations
    2) Is manual shooting and passing still as sensitive as before ? I mean a little variation in angles (less than 10°) can result in 2 very different direction for shots.
    3) Is it possible to hit FKs C.Ronaldo/Drogba/Juninho style (not the stance and run-up) with the crazy unpredictable trajectory ?

Last edited: 12 August 2010
  11. romagnoli

romagnoli Misses Retri

7 August 2004
    I can guarantee that the free kick wobble won't be in. Also the issue with centre backs being put on the post hasn't been fixed, I don't think. Certainly it wasn't in Guildford and I haven't heard anything suggesting they will get round to fixing it on time.

12. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    - What is the frequency of players using their wrong foot to pass/shoot?
    - Does a wrong foot shot or pass have a meaningfull difference to accuracy/power? Is it obvious?
    - Does the stab / outside of the foot pass occur too often in your opinion?

13. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

Is there a way to judge a player quickly other than overall rating? Such as a PES-esque hexagon thing?
    Personality+ is nice, but unless there's something like that you will only really be able to take advantage of it for teams you know well.

14. gameklip

gameklip footy klip maestro

25 August 2006
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Great questions guys. Keep them coming. I promise I'll try and answer as many as I can.

15. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    Is there anyone from here at GamesCom?

@ Lami, I know it isn't about gameplay but it's technically still a question :P

16. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    As Anthony and others have said I too will try to get as much info as possible, being an off line player I'm going to push for MM play if I'm allowed if not I'll try and wangle some 1vAI play to watch the AI, I think we will have plenty of reports on how the game plays from 1v1 players...

That's if I find anywhere to park...:BRMM:

17. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Need to know if they fixed the AI team player selection, Hangeland at RB, Giggs at LB etc. etc.

18. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    I'll copy n paste all the stuff in here to make sure I get the lot...

19. winston

winston Champions League

7 August 2005
    See if you can get some 1 v AI matches that are not just friendlies, but in MM or Tournament modes. Their AI plays differently (cheats more) in non-friendly matches, so playing non-friendlies will give a more accurate reflection of what it'll be like. Cheers.

20. tonnyrat

tonnyrat League 2

21 March 2006
    Can more than 1 person go for a header as promised or was this feature scrapped?

21. Gab_

Gab_ I agree

6 April 2009
    Any manual players that are going that can try out to see if they notice much difference now with the Pro Passing (error in accuracy)? It's probably hard to tell since you don't know if you held your stick wrong or if it was stat based error, but any impressions of if the manual controls feels different would be appreciated.

Would also be cool if people could look for more than 2 people going up for headers that EA said was in this year, because I haven't seen it happen once in any of the videos. I guess in theory it can happen now, but maybe the AI is coded to never attack the ball with two people anyway.

Thank you.

22. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Can someone take a picture of Nick?

23. Scutch

Scutch Futsal Master

31 October 2006
    Cumbria, UK
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Some great Q's here, guys.

Looking forward to the replies, later on. Big thanks in advance to the guys lucky enough to be going today.

24. Bitter Rivals

Bitter Rivals International

24 January 2005
    someone try and chip lob with through ball and the long pass button please?

any improvement on player switching?

does the ref have the same colours as one of the team?

does the goal keeper have the same colour top as the opposition?

Are the radar colours accurate to the colour of that teams kit?

Can you still ping pong pass?

25. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Are throw-ins still shit and are penalty's WC style or back to normal ala Fifa 10?

26. gameklip

gameklip footy klip maestro

25 August 2006
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Gonna print this bad boy off tonight.

27. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    Damn it, thought you had been today and had posted impressions. :D / :(

28. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    :BLUSH:

29. Rodelero

Rodelero A.K.A. Xaor

21 September 2007
    Tik; I've posted a few impressions in the thread, mostly the stuff I didn't like, I might go heavy impressions tonight or, if not... tomorrow (by which I mean today).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.