Status
Not open for further replies.

Lami

Niche Football
28 May 2007
Sydney
Man Utd, Juve
Here you go fellas. Shoot.

Note: No chat in here. Please post questions only.

I'll start with my simple ones:

1- Is it attribute based like PES?
2- Do players still feel "too light" and hop about with no weight specially when dribbling and changing directions?
3- Scoring feels good and not just "hey, i just scored.."?
4- Any sweet spots for scoring?
5- Shooting feels good?

Also please report on any CM improvements.

Last edited:
TikTikTikTikTik's questions,

TikTikTikTikTik said:
Hey Guys,

Here are my questions;

Shooting
- How accurate is Assisted/Semi compared to the 10 and/or WC game? Are they less accurate or more?
- Do shots have a good amount of dip from distance?
- How is chipping? Does it still have a very high trajectory or have they tweaked it? What’s the accuracy like, it should be low imo?
- Do normal shots have (more) curl?
- How effective does the Finesse shot feel?

Passing
- Is the effect of ProPassing strong enough in your opinion? Is the amount of error / inaccuracy correct between different players?
- How does it feel to use with a hidden powerbar?
- Can you now do very short passing triangles with the correct players? (Barca-style)
- Do long passes have enough error?
- Do penalty area clearances find player to easily or do they land more randomly in space?

Crossing
- Do crosses now have more dip, and is it enough?
- Did you notice enough difference between players when crossing (for example Beckham vs Terry to give an extreme)
- Are there more crossing variations linked to controls? (2x/3x taps and a finesse cross?)

Heading
- Does heading at crosses (both open play and corners) have enough “fighting for position”, does it feel more organic and how many players can challenge for the ball (both attacking and defensive)?
- Is there a difference for regular heading (from goalkicks)? Do these feel more organic?

Goalkeeper
- Can you easily chip the goalie? How is the balance between staying on their line and rushing out feel?
- How active are they for crosses? Do they go beyond their 6yr area?
- How are the new animations?
- Can you tell the difference in ability between a top goalie and a poor goalie?

Personalty+
- Is it noticeable enough from the AI?
- Do you notice it enough when controlling players?
- Which aspects of play did you notice? (Passing quality/possesion/shooting/workrate/agression/etc)

AI
- If playing vs the cpu, does the AI feel different?
- Is possession play, or longball noticeable?
- How is the backline? Both your own and the CPU’s?
- Mentality effectiveness, if going ultra defensive does you team stay around their own area or is the effect as limited as the current games?

Graphics/sound:
- How much difference does the extra player models make?
- Camera effects, have they changed anything (ala PES kickoffcam)
- Celebrations, cutscenes; Have they changed removed the ridiculous stuff? (camera up the arse, etc)
- Any noticeable difference to stadium atmosphere? The difference between Qualifying and WC matches for example.
- Does the sound change according to teams and actions? Does a 3-0 goal sound less muted then a 1-0 last minute?

Fatigue
- Can you sprint and double pressure for the whole match?
- Can you sprint the length of the pitch without going into your total stamina bar?

1) Do the manual cheat goals still exist? These are the chipped through balls being really high, accurate lobs and the early crosses being powerful curling shots (with loads of sweet spots). Probably a difficult one to answer unless you've seen them in FIFA 10 (you would have done of you played manual ranked matches).

2) Can you beat players with just the left stick, instead of having to do tricks such as stepovers/feints.

3) Is skill dribbling (LT+RT) more effective? I felt that it was a nice addition to FIFA 10 and had a lot of potential and could be used to great effect sometimes but it was too unpredictable/unresponsive making it risky to use.

4) When playing on semi/manual against someone on assisted, do you feel like you are at a disadvantage?

5) Does the defensive AI still let you pass the ball from anywhere on the pitch to the feet of your striker?

6) Can you strike a powerful shot from standing still? The most obvious example of this needing improvement is when you hit a cross to an unmarked player in the box, they stand there waiting for it but if you try to volley first time it will usually be hit into the ground with little power. You should be able to really whack the ball in that situation.

7) Can you use the momentum of the ball when going for goal? An example of this in real life would be when a cross gets driven in at pace and all the striker needs to do is get a slight touch with his head or toe to almost certainly beat the keeper.

8) Do finesse shots have more power? Can you trouble the keeper from distance with them?

9) Is the teammate AI still as predictable? In FIFA 10 even with "free form" on, it still seemed very rigid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good questions so far you two - I'm gonna do my best to test the 'whore' tactics ala FIFA 10 as best as possible. Pressure, ping-pong, chipping, manual lobbing, backpost corners, and so forth.

Gameplay

1) Is stupid chesting toned down?

2) Is defensive clearing more rushed?

3) Is player switching less forced?

4) Are there less stumbles?

5) Do players from the same team still run into each other when attacking?

Goalkeepers

1) Do they still make gliding saves on erroneous crosses (=easy balls)?

2) Are they aware of who touched a ball last? (letting a ball go for goalkick/kicking one away for corner)

HIGHLIGHTS

1) Is it flv or controllable replays? (I keep hearing both things)

*How is off-the-ball movement? In particular, do fullbacks make more overlapping runs, and do AMs make threatening runs into the box?

If you have a freekick, and the opposition puts a defender on the goal line, will your team automatically step up and fill the space in the box?

How easy/difficult are freekicks? 09 level (pretty impossible for me), 10 (way too easy) or WC (seemed to have a decent balance to me).

1)Can we customize defensive set pieces ? More precisely can we get full backs and short players in general covering both posts during corner kicks and not CBs who are vital in those situations
2) Is manual shooting and passing still as sensitive as before ? I mean a little variation in angles (less than 10°) can result in 2 very different direction for shots.
3) Is it possible to hit FKs C.Ronaldo/Drogba/Juninho style (not the stance and run-up) with the crazy unpredictable trajectory ?

Last edited:
I can guarantee that the free kick wobble won't be in. Also the issue with centre backs being put on the post hasn't been fixed, I don't think. Certainly it wasn't in Guildford and I haven't heard anything suggesting they will get round to fixing it on time.

- What is the frequency of players using their wrong foot to pass/shoot?
- Does a wrong foot shot or pass have a meaningfull difference to accuracy/power? Is it obvious?
- Does the stab / outside of the foot pass occur too often in your opinion?

Is there a way to judge a player quickly other than overall rating? Such as a PES-esque hexagon thing?
Personality+ is nice, but unless there's something like that you will only really be able to take advantage of it for teams you know well.

Great questions guys. Keep them coming. I promise I'll try and answer as many as I can.

As Anthony and others have said I too will try to get as much info as possible, being an off line player I'm going to push for MM play if I'm allowed if not I'll try and wangle some 1vAI play to watch the AI, I think we will have plenty of reports on how the game plays from 1v1 players...

That's if I find anywhere to park...:BRMM:

As Anthony and others have said I too will try to get as much info as possible, being an off line player I'm going to push for MM play if I'm allowed if not I'll try and wangle some 1vAI play to watch the AI, I think we will have plenty of reports on how the game plays from 1v1 players...

That's if I find anywhere to park...:BRMM:

See if you can get some 1 v AI matches that are not just friendlies, but in MM or Tournament modes. Their AI plays differently (cheats more) in non-friendly matches, so playing non-friendlies will give a more accurate reflection of what it'll be like. Cheers.

Any manual players that are going that can try out to see if they notice much difference now with the Pro Passing (error in accuracy)? It's probably hard to tell since you don't know if you held your stick wrong or if it was stat based error, but any impressions of if the manual controls feels different would be appreciated.

Would also be cool if people could look for more than 2 people going up for headers that EA said was in this year, because I haven't seen it happen once in any of the videos. I guess in theory it can happen now, but maybe the AI is coded to never attack the ball with two people anyway.

Thank you.

Some great Q's here, guys.

Looking forward to the replies, later on. Big thanks in advance to the guys lucky enough to be going today.

someone try and chip lob with through ball and the long pass button please?

any improvement on player switching?

does the ref have the same colours as one of the team?

does the goal keeper have the same colour top as the opposition?

Are the radar colours accurate to the colour of that teams kit?

Can you still ping pong pass?

Are throw-ins still shit and are penalty's WC style or back to normal ala Fifa 10?

Tik; I've posted a few impressions in the thread, mostly the stuff I didn't like, I might go heavy impressions tonight or, if not... tomorrow (by which I mean today).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom