FIFA 10

Will Edge have any more info or is it more of the same?

I got Edge today and it isnt really an in depth preview. What you do get though is an excellent article on how the FIFA team turned things around from the dark days.

I think that would be a really interesting lesson to us all. Can you scan the article for us, kobashi? I prefer this kind of interviews than previews or hands-on. When you listen how people defines their own job and with detail, you know what you can expect. Last years I enjoyed very much all the interviews with different people talking passionately about their job.

i just heard the pc version wont have the same brilliant engine has the 360/ps3. :LMAO:

still the same excuse has last time :LOL:

I think I saw that training mode will be in, that would be a really good feature I think - being able to practice free kicks with a wall and the keeper in the right position (rather than in the middle of the goal will be a good addition.

i just heard the pc version wont have the same brilliant engine has the 360/ps3. :LMAO:

still the same excuse has last time :LOL:
:BOP: :SMUG:

I think that would be a really interesting lesson to us all. Can you scan the article for us, kobashi? I prefer this kind of interviews than previews or hands-on. When you listen how people defines their own job and with detail, you know what you can expect. Last years I enjoyed very much all the interviews with different people talking passionately about their job.

If I had a scanner I would mate. It is real interesting to see how Gary Paterson was given his job working on FIFA.

Podcast is ready, but we're having server issues (great timing).

If it's not up soon I'll upload it elsewhere, it's a great listen though.

44 questions in 40 minutes! Including a question about the nets. ;)

Really quickly -- exactly what will be on the PC version of FIFA and what not? I'm not griping; I just want to know if I should invest in an Xbox 360

Thx

Really quickly -- exactly what will be on the PC version of FIFA and what not? I'm not griping; I just want to know if I should invest in an Xbox 360

Thx
The two versions are completely different, they have two different gameplay engines so they're not really comparable. The next-gen version is by far the better version, with much more accurate physics, deflections etc. and 360-degree control. The PC version doesn't have that, but they're implementing Team Styles this year so that it's still a good game.

If you sit down and play the two though, there's no comparison. Never mind night and day, it's Earth and Mars.

What about the nets!?
They get a mention but Suff, like me, isn't a net freak so he didn't take any notice of them. :(

EA have promised in their notes that they will be improved though, bear in mind the build that they've been showing off is gameplay only. No major graphical alterations or game modes. So they will be better than FIFA 09's nets.

Last edited:
The two versions are completely different, they have two different gameplay engines so they're not really comparable. The next-gen version is by far the better version, with much more accurate physics, deflections etc. and 360-degree control. The PC version doesn't have that, but they're implementing Team Styles this year so that it's still a good game.

If you sit down and play the two though, there's no comparison. Never mind night and day, it's Earth and Mars.

They get a mention but Suff, like me, isn't a net freak so he didn't take any notice of them. :(

EA have promised in their notes that they will be improved though, bear in mind the build that they've been showing off is gameplay only. No major graphical alterations or game modes. So they will be better than FIFA 09's nets.

Thanks for the respons. Excellent podcast! Thank you for that.

I should have said, you can find the next-gen notes I'm referring to HERE (mentioned/quoted earlier in the thread).

Very good podcast, found it a lot more informative than the preview this morning ;)

Smaller players, bigger pitch and slower gameplay is awesome :D

Chris, you said on the FIFA site it had the slogan "How big can football get?" or something, you wanted to tell us about it but the NDA restricted you. So what exactly was that on about? BAP maybe?

Someone asked that on the FSB forum this afternoon - it was 360-degree movement (bear in mind I said it before the leak). To me that is the biggest thing you could have expected, because it's never been done before and it's the gameplay equivalent of going from last-gen to next-gen.

Having said that, there's still a lot we can't say, mainly because there's still a lot being done - across a lot of modes. Some of the work they're doing might make it in this year, some might have to get pushed back, but if they make it then it will be immense.

Quality podcast, cheers.

I just imagine close control to be Messi at his best, being able to run at players and just switch direction in an instant, then switch again while the defender is going the other way.

Sounds great and will be quality to see it working when a player manages it :)

To be fair to everyone (EA/FSB etc) the news coming out at this early stage is a real treat. i reckon we would hear about this stuff in late July usually so we have to be grateful for the effort of everyone.

I get my self so hyped about FIFA and then it just seems to die on me, but looking at the list of improvements, all the stuff I wanted tweaking is being tweaked, I may just fall back in love with footy games.

Apart from FIFA09 (which I thought was ok) and PES5 (played on the 360) I have found little enjoyment from these games.

Its a classic case on acting upon consumer feedback and hey presto you sell more...........funny that!

Maybe.............just maybe FIFA10 will be the pinnacle of the video footy game:COOL:

Last edited:
I get my self so hyped about FIFA and then it just seems to die on me, but looking at the list of improvements, all the stuff I wanted tweaking is being tweaked, I may just fall back in love with footy games.
I think I've said this before, but literally just a few hours before I got the list of things they were working on for the first time, I'd played FIFA 09 for a bit and I was so pissed off with the game. I played four games in a row and every time I was getting angrier and angrier at the game, and I was making a list in my head of all the things I hated as I went along (why can't I dribble past a man, the reactions are far too slow to beat anybody, they need to make the slow dribble so much more responsive, why is it attack attack attack, why don't you have to move around and force a gap to score a goal, why are the best shots I can manage always being saved by this superhuman goalkeeper, why is the transfer market so messed up in Manager Mode etc.)...

Then I read the list and literally every single thing that pissed me off so much was on there.

So it's fair to say I can't play FIFA 09 in the same way any more, after the league I'm in has ended I think it'll have to go. I just keep thinking about the list and how much better it's going to be this time.

Very good podcast, thanks Chris/Suff :).

It was a shame that Suff was unable to answer some of the questions (mainly about game modes) but on the whole he did a good job of explaining the gameplay changes.
He seemed a bit hesitant/unsure though about answering the questions about the keepers and he said that shooting was sometimes still floaty, they are my only worries at this stage but hopefully they will be fixed before release.

The things I am happy about is the way he described the close control and the 360° dribbling - I can't wait to try those.

If you can do 360° dribbling, is the manual passing also 360°? I'm not sure i'll be able to get an answer now but in FIFA 09 the manual passing was either 16 or 32 directional, I don't see why if a player can run in 360 different directions then they can't pass in 360 different directions.

I'm not pissed off as much with FIFA 09 in the lead up to FIFA 10 as I was with FIFA 08 in the lead up to FIFA 09 (mainly down to Clubs mode), so it should be a little easier this year (until we see gameplay videos :P).

I think I've said this before, but literally just a few hours before I got the list of things they were working on for the first time, I'd played FIFA 09 for a bit and I was so pissed off with the game. I played four games in a row and every time I was getting angrier and angrier at the game, and I was making a list in my head of all the things I hated as I went along (why can't I dribble past a man, the reactions are far too slow to beat anybody, they need to make the slow dribble so much more responsive, why is it attack attack attack, why don't you have to move around and force a gap to score a goal, why are the best shots I can manage always being saved by this superhuman goalkeeper, why is the transfer market so messed up in Manager Mode etc.)...

Then I read the list and literally every single thing that pissed me off so much was on there.

So it's fair to say I can't play FIFA 09 in the same way any more, after the league I'm in has ended I think it'll have to go. I just keep thinking about the list and how much better it's going to be this time.

Thats right Chris

Its a definitive list aimed at putting in the things that make the current game frustrating. Add 360 dribbling and all of a sudden the game will be.......er...well "freed up", something FIFA has always seemed to struggle with.

I like the litle things like being able to beat a man, make goal scoring difficult, rewarding and diverse.Lets have innovation with free-kicks and stop taking me out of the immersion by going to some dumbed down cut scene.

I'm genuinely excited because they want to be the best there is, where for years they were happy just selling loads. The difference now is that they seem to be selling even more because they are passionate about making the game as real as the hardware will allow.

Its almost as though they want to push the boundries between reality and simulation and thats why its improving year on year.

What they need to implement is the actual nets/goal posts to their corresponding stadiums.

I want the Nou Camp to have the actual nets/goal style as in real life darn it. We want authenticity!

That, along with all the other goodies ofcourse.

I'll say it once again: EA should seriously consider releasing a game called NETS 2010. It would have nothing but true to life nets waving with jaw-dropping physics as the ball hits them...

It would sell much much more than FIFA and PES put together.

When you watch live footy and see the ball burst the back of the net with it exploding into a sea of beautiful waves, firstly, acute with stretching and massive contortion, followed by the ball wrapping around the perimeter of the whole goal, spinning furiously and then...............................................................................sudden calm.

To me its the most beautiful thing about the whole game and it needs to be replicated perfectly to appreciate great goals:)

Back
Top Bottom