FIFA 10

View distance, yes. Draw distance? Probably not, haven't played it for a couple of years. In any case, BC1 would manage 30fps while doing so..

Dunno why holding a button to freelook without waving your gun like a ponce isn't standard in every FPS. Fingers crossed it'll be mapped to PSEye/Natal by default within a couple of years though. The camera system ArmA uses looks really effective but it's a level of nerdishness too far for me - like 3D glasses and PC cases that look like neon Transformers.

just got the ps3 version of fifa 10...can't see the bernabeau to download??

remember it was available for the 360 version

That video also shows the problem with FIFA. All goals looks exactly the same. I used to like watching PES compilations because there would always be some difference in the goals but this is not the case with FIFA. He might do a different trick before he shoots, but the shot and where the ball ends up and how the keeper react is always identical.

If you have seen 10 goals in FIFA you've seen them all.

I know mate, i can't stress that enough. The first two goals in that compilation just made me laugh, He's found a sweetspot, and he just exploits it :lol: Hilarious. Over and over again.

I can't be bothered with the defending in that video. I mean calling it retarded is maybe too nice. He plays against crap players to score those goals but i can't blame him since those 6-0-4 cunts are impossible to score against let alone do those fifa street skills.

The game is clearly made for players like him, he is actually paid by ea to make those videos and it's clear he gives them feedback into what goals he wants to score.

With people like that giving EA tips, FIFA will always be an arcade game.

This is true. It's not a case of the shooting being set to manual, semi or assisted; it's the physics of the shot itself. The ball doesn't drop very quickly (floaty physics), which means that EA have had to stop the ball rising as much as it does in real life. Hence over the course of a long shot the ball doesn't really do much of note or have much opportunity to vary wildly. Shots don't bounce worryingly in front of the keeper, they don't zip along the ground in the way they should (the grass seems to generate too much friction) etc. I've watched a fair few long range goal replays now (including my own) and they simply aren't fun to watch. There's no variation, there's no life to the shot and there's no sense for another person's achievement, let alone your own when you score.

Edit: This is someone's top 20 PES 5 goals.YouTube - My top 20 PES 5 goals. Most of them are long range volleys with All-Time World XI players, but they're pretty much all far, far, far more interesting than any long range goal I've seen in FIFA.

This is probably the best football game compilation
YouTube - PES 5 Besiktas
Just proper football goals and fun to watch.

I tried again my pes5 last week and this is not impressive nowdays :(
Some goals looks not realistic and very similar,nothing special and i think Fifa10 on manuel settings is better game.

Last edited:
One thing regarding scoring goals that Fifa represents far more accurately is deflected goals, you can get all kinds of deflections, subtle ones, wicked ones, extreme high looping ones, the collision detection of the ball makes for far more realistic reflected goals than anything I've seen to date.

To be honest that PES5 video looks soooo freaking clunking and robotic. Sorry it just looks incredibly dated as a game. Placebo you're right about the deflections - excellent.

Sadly Konami are NOT invincible

Last edited:
Guys, i am experience what i believe is a 'new bug' in Fifa10. Its only raised its ugly head since the release of the winter squad update. When awarded a free kick, and sometimes corners, i get the menu for when you want to change the kick taker appear. This happens without me pressing the relevant button. But then it wont let me take the kick unless i perform a short pass. Really weird. It happens about 80% of the time, offline and online. And like i said, its only since the squad update that this has been happening. Its the ps3 version. Anybody else experiencing this?

Last edited:
Wildster - have you determined it isn't an issue with your controller? Have you tried playing with another one for example?

What are the chances that in future EA could make it so that the colour of the ball online defaults to white or yellow?

Sometimes it's not easy keeping track of these annoying multi coloured balls online, especially in stadiums like the Camp Nou in daylight.

Heard on the EA boards that it fixes some chemistry issues in UT for the PS3. And others were reporting that it fixed the WC ball issue.

So if they release this patch for the 360 as well, how are gonna explain using more than the allotted 2 patches? Someone said that UT is technically a completely different game and thus gets two more patches of it's own if necessary.

I call bullshit on that explanation.

Last edited:
God knows what the update was, another 39mb loaded into the game.........all the while the mm stays the same buggy mess. They will really need to improve with 11 otherwise I'm not going to bother. It's losing it's potential and becoming more arcade. Guess the only other hope is that pes actually IS something new.

Now before i get slammed for having a diseased brain,i am sure i have seen an animation or two that i haven't seen before...A booking animation and a volley,but it could be that the player scoring in an international is one i haven't used before,but then it could just be my old brain doing one on me.:CONFUSE:

FIFA 10 just won a BAFTA for Best Use of Online and Best Sports Game. It's nominated for Game of the Year as well and something called the GAME Award.

Live stream of the show here in case anyone is feeling especially masochistic.

well i finished my created world cup, England won 3-1 in the final against Italy. it was really good fun playing every game and flipping a coin to see which team i went.

I've just started a created UEFA Champions League (playing every game again), i've played the first 2 games in group A and B and i reckon this will keep my going till the world cup game comes out, just soo many games to play. it's good playing as loads of different teams though.

Back
Top Bottom