FIFA 10 PC

No matter how positively I may have reviewed FIFA 10 on PC, I still hate this current-gen and same recycled gameplay each year!

You can't force FIFA 11 to be next-generation.
The problem is that EA will keep FIFA on PC.
Because this is a trick for them to make people buy a NG Console and then play it.

So really EA aren't losing a lot of money. Infact the next-gen consoles compensate the loss of the PC.

So this is how it goes, the PC is a great, great puppet for EA, EA use that puppet to divert PC gamers to buy a Console, thus meaning that they enlarge their profit and popularity.

You might for example say don't buy PES 2010. Infact that is a mistake. Luke and EA want exactly that!!!
Even though PES 2010 may be crap this year. There is more likelyhood that PES will develop one day, but with FIFA I don't have any hope, not in a million years! Not after what has happened this year.

The simple way of forcing EA to make FIFA next gen on PC is this: do not buy FIFA 10 on PC/PS2 and do not buy a next-gen console either!!!
That will be the key. And whether Peter Moore likes it or not, he'll be forced to do so.

And even if you buy a console, just don't buy FIFA for it, I know its hard. And unfortunately that is the trick of EA Sports. They are 100% sure that a gamer who owns a PS3/Xbox 360 is highly, highly likely to buy FIFA for that platform!

Buy PES on PC and praise it as much as possible so that EA Sports are irritated so much that they become fedup and make FIFA 11 next-gen due to their rivals konami.

You see, we've been struggling for quite some years on the PC platform to get a decent FIFA game.
It is definitely no excuse from EA Sports to say that Luke Didd is new to the development. I know Outsider and others have said give more time to Luke to improve.

But I don't think EA Sports have the right after so many years of betraying us to not make a proper game!! 2010 was a crucial year for EA to recover their reputation and getting our hopes back.

Luke should've at least worked together with Hossack and the other developers before that for a couple of years so that he gains experience before taking over completely.

You don't have to win the battle, you just don't buy the game!
The vicious cycle would continue if you say "I won't buy the game" But yet still change your mind to buy the game again.
This would be a catestrophic mistake.

And this is what EA are doing tickling us. Last year we were tickled by the so called next-gen graphics. This year we've been tickled with the 360 degree movement/dribbling as well as the RPL league.

None of that will happen this year. We have got to learn from our mistakes!!!
There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever about the deteriorated graphics!!!
The PCs graphics cards is one thing undoubtedly better than the consoles!!!
It is officially confirmed by Crytek that Cryengine 3 graphics of Crysis 2 for the PS3 and Xbox 360 will have poorer graphics than Cryengine 2 on PC!!

The PC has a potential to deliver much greater graphics than FIFA on next-gen consoles!
But do you know why EA don't do that?! Because they are afraid that people are going to buy FIFA on PC instead only because of the graphics.

And that's why for extra reassurance they have deteriorated the graphics of FIFA 10 for that reason only!
Not because of optimization. Making the graphics poorer is a cheap and lazy strategy of optimizing the game to run on weaker PCs and laptops!:CURSE:

I liked FIFA 10 demo at first but some elements of the game is so disturbing, this game looks awful after a few matches. I played PES 2009 (which I don't really like much either) with a friend on PS3 today and after that FIFA 10 demo totally sucks. The ball physics, the animations, graphics and everything looks abysmal.

No matter how positively I may have reviewed FIFA 10 on PC, I still hate this current-gen and same recycled gameplay each year!

Agreed. If only 2K sports made footy games. NBA 2K10 once again will be far superior on the PC this year than the console version

The PC has a potential to deliver much greater graphics than FIFA on next-gen consoles!
But do you know why EA don't do that?! Because they are afraid that people are going to buy FIFA on PC instead only because of the graphics.

no mate .. its the exact opposite.. if EA make the PC version equal to consoles.. then EVERYONE is going to pirate the game.
Thats obvious and this is about the money not that the PC can't handle the game.
Im actually surprised Konami release the same version on PC and consoles. Its likely they are trying to still grow their fanbase, so they dont care as much if people pirate PES on PC.

no mate .. its the exact opposite.. if EA make the PC version equal to consoles.. then EVERYONE is going to pirate the game.
Thats obvious and this is about the money not that the PC can't handle the game.
Im actually surprised Konami release the same version on PC and consoles. Its likely they are trying to still grow their fanbase, so they dont care as much if people pirate PES on PC.
No that is not true. Only partially true. How do you explain Crysis is the greatest graphics game of all time?!?! Show me one bloody console game that comes to the level of graphics and gameplay as Crysis?!!:RANT:

Your insulting PC gamers by saying that. And I understand if it was true, but it is false!
Not everyone is going to pirate it, that is absolutely bloody knownsense what your saying!:NONO: How about noone is going to buy FIFA 10 now because its a complete trash, huh?:OOOH:

Because I certainly won't!!! FIFA 10 on PC is so rubbish that it doesn't even deserve to be pirated!:TTTH:
Do you honestly think that people will buy this game? Making it crap is even worser than pirating it! Developers have wasted their time and energy developing this game. Its so crap that people won't even pirate it!

Why is Call of Duty 4 equal to all platforms? Why does Tomb Raider Underworld have better graphics on PC than on Consoles?!

DRM issues now adays come in the way of piracy. So this piracy excuse is knownsense.
By the way incase you didn't know Xbox 360 games are piratable too so your argument fails!:FAIL:

Yes people will still buy it. Look at their PC sales last year, they still make a lot of money of it, this is why they keep it like this.

Yes people will still buy it. Look at their PC sales last year, they still make a lot of money of it, this is why they keep it like this.
Well that's exactly the problem!
They do get a lot of money out of the PC! By the way PC is the largest gaming platform according to EA officially. All other EA games on PC are great. Need For Speed, the sims, etc.

People should stop buying FIFA on PC only then will EA do something about it! Its basically thanks to EA Sports President Peter Moore. He's abandoned all sports titles on PC except for FIFA.

Have a look at NBA 2k9 they are equal on all platforms. NBA 2k9 is hell lot better than NBA Live 08 on PC!!!

If that was true then all EA games would cripple the pc version of the games. But that's not the case this only happens with the games under Peter Moore's direction at EA sports.The games under Frank Gibeau's charge at EA games is exact opposite with the pc version in most cases being the slightly better version due to the more powerfull pc's.

You going to tell me only football games gets pirated?? The issue is Peter Moore and his attitude towards pc gamers nothing else.

So how do you play a online game using a pirated copy?

Why is many famous online games sold extremely well on the pc platform? why has battlefield 2 sold more than battlefield bad company? Matter of fact if it wasnt for the huge sales of past battlefield games on the PC only, dice wouldn't be where they are today. same goes for EPIC with there past unreal games.

Why is WOW the biggest selling game of all time? How did COD4 sell millions on the pc? What about sims 3 which is one of if not the biggest selling game out this year?

im confused :SHOCK:

Mirrors Edge sold 1.6m copies on consoles and only 20,000 copies on PC.
Mirrors edge is rubbish in the eyes of many pc fans plus its short. 4 hours long for a £30 game? fuck that.

If a game is good it will sell. Look at Arma 2. did that sell badly Placebo?

Last edited:
Mirrors Edge sold 1.6m copies on consoles and only 20,000 copies on PC.
Your giving an example of a game that isn't well sold on the PC platform. I could think of a lot of other Console games that have very low selling.

It will happen with Crysis 2
http://crysis.filefront.com/news/Weekly_Poll_Results_Crysis_2_PC_or_Console;42715
Crysis 2 - PC or Console?

PC all the way baby!!! 94% (175)
Don't need no kiddie consoles. 5.9% (11)

Total: 186
Start: 06-16-2009 12:20
Last: 06-26-2009 08:49

We will see how much this 5.9% console gaming population buys Crysis 2, lol.

World of Warcraft is an example that a game exclusive to the PC and get 20 million, YES 20 million players online each and every day, what does this explain?!:OOOH: If you don't believe me downlaod the 10 day free trial from Blizzard and see for yourself 20 million players online, now that's a figure!!!!

Piracy isn't the biggest problem.

The reason why some games are sold more towards the console market is because not many people have PCs to run these particular games. PC has larger amount of games than any console meaning that it is unlikely that everyone is going to buy the game.
Just like I never bought games like Mirror Edge, it never interested me to be honest.
Plus you can't play online if you pirate. You need the serial number for it which only an original copy supplies.

Ever heard of DRM activation? Well that gives us limited of up to 5 activations. Meaning that you can't pirate the game. That's why so many people are angry from it, lol.

It will happen with Crysis 2
http://crysis.filefront.com/news/Weekly_Poll_Results_Crysis_2_PC_or_Console;42715
Crysis 2 - PC or Console?

PC all the way baby!!! 94% (175)
Don't need no kiddie consoles. 5.9% (11)

Total: 186
Start: 06-16-2009 12:20
Last: 06-26-2009 08:49

We will see how much this 5.9% console gaming population buys Crysis 2, lol.

Ludicrous poll.

If the same version of Crysis 2 were available on PC and Console at the same time the console version would massively outsell the PC version.

So what? Not many people can afford a high-end PC. Not to mention the complexities of the gaming experience on PC which not many users can deal with. The rest of us using PC's now are the ones that still don't want to sacrifice graphics quality even if they had to deal with extra complexity.

Ludicrous poll.

If the same version of Crysis 2 were available on PC and Console at the same time the console version would massively outsell the PC version.
http://incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=28925&p=1
I think your deadly mistaken on this one. This isn't the only poll where I see a 95% win over to the PC version.
You call a 94% ludicrous?!?! Fanboyism at its best!:WOOT::FAIL:
poll-results-platform.png

1962 people have voted for the PC with only a share of less than 250 voters for the Console!!
The original Crysis (greatest graphical game of all time) is a PC exclusive title it is normal that it will dominate the consoles in terms of graphics! There is nothing wrong in it beating them.:CONFUSE:

This poll gives Crysis 2 about 90% again for the PC!
And another video with evidence that Crysis 2 will have hundred times better graphics than the ancient Consoles.

By the way, don't take this personal, this is not your exam grades so there is nothing to be offended by it!:SAL:
Oh and to show you a video comparison of how the PC will look like compared to the Consoles, here it is.
YouTube - CryEngine 3 Dissection and Comparion HD

Last edited:
http://incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=28925&p=1
I think your deadly mistaken on this one. This isn't the only poll where I see a 95% win over to the PC version.
You call a 94% ludicrous?!?! Fanboyism at its best!:WOOT::FAIL:
poll-results-platform.png

1962 people have voted for the PC with only a share of less than 250 voters for the Console!!
The original Crysis (greatest graphical game of all time) is a PC exclusive title it is normal that it will dominate the consoles in terms of graphics! There is nothing wrong in it beating them.:CONFUSE:

You sad, pathetic, deluded fool, and you call me a fanboy? I obviously wasn't calling the result of the poll ludicrous but rather the premise of the poll, as I very clearly explained.

You think I'm a console fanboy? How many years have I worked for a PC game developer? Moron.

The old Crysis graphics argument...

You can carry on wanking off to your Crysis graphics, playing the saddo games like WoW and second-rate alternatives like PES all you like...

I'd rather actually have a load of good sports games to play (FIFA, Fight Night, UFC, NHL... you get the point) than have a slightly better graphics on some games...
Anyone who uses the argument that PCs are better because of graphics is just a graphics whore, no normal person would care so much about a few shadows/reflections in their games.

You sad, pathetic, deluded fool, and you call me a fanboy? I obviously wasn't calling the result of the poll ludicrous but rather the premise of the poll, as I very clearly explained.

You think I'm a console fanboy? How many years have I worked for a PC game developer? Moron.
Well, I honestly expected a similar comment like that. I was psychologically prepared for the insult.:YAWN:

You called it a ludicrous poll, what does this suggest?!
I have no idea about your history as to how many years you have worked for as a PC game developer or whatever...:TTTH:

But all I can say is that you acted so far like a console fanboy and I found that rather moron(ish) to be honest.:LOL:

Infact let me remind you, incase you didn't remember. Last year you did advice me what graphics card to choose and shown me benchmarks for graphics card and I appreciate that.:WORSHIP:
Remember I told you that I had a pentium 4? And you told me get a new processor, since most people now have dual-cores and quad-core processors.

But why didn't you tell me in the first place, "buy a PS3"?!?!
You obviously wasn't confident enough that the PS3 was that good in the first place, ay, and its not like the PS3 didn't exist, the PS3 was released 2years ago.:BLEH:

I was even ready to buy a PS3, infact it was much cheaper than a PC even last year I could've bought one for £300.
But many people have advised me to buy a PC instead. I was puzzled and finally I realized that it was the best choice!:DD

Last edited:
Infact let me remind you, incase you didn't remember. Last year you did advice me what graphics card to choose and shown me benchmarks for graphics card and I appreciate that.:WORSHIP:
Remember I told you that I had a pentium 4? And you told me get a new processor, since most people now have dual-cores and quad-core processors.

But why didn't you tell me in the first place, "buy a PS3"?!?!
You obviously wasn't confident enough that the PS3 was that good in the first place, ay, and its not like the PS3 didn't exist, the PS3 was released 2years ago.:BLEH:

I was even ready to buy a PS3, infact it was much cheaper than a PC even last year I could've bought one for £300.
But many people have advised me to buy a PC instead. I was puzzled and finally I realized that it was the best choice!:DD

You asked for PC advice so I gave you PC advice, see I'm no fanboy ;)

And why would I tell you to buy a PS3 when a 360 is far better? :)

You asked for PC advice so I gave you PC advice, see I'm no fanboy ;)

And why would I tell you to buy a PS3 when a 360 is far better? :)
I asked for PC advice and indeed it was for gaming purpose. I obviously wanted to play video games.

Okay then, why didn't you advise me to buy a 360 then?:CONF:

Was it because you were aware that the 360 had red ring of death?
I really had no clue at that time.:CONFUSE:
But now I know both of these consoles have major side affects. Yellow light of death for the PS3, red ring of death for the PS3.

So again, I guess there must be a reason why people use PCs for gaming?

Never mind, OnLive is coming very soon, it should separete the arguments between Consoles and PCs.:BEER:
Don't really mean to cause any arguments, cos life is really too short for it.:TUMBLE:

But nonetheless to get back on topic, FIFA 10 on PC is really crap and that's really made many PC gamers sad this year since we've had a lot of hope with the new developer..

But who cares, life isn't gonna stop because of just one FIFA 10 game, hehe.:))

FIFA 10 on PC is an utter trash all PC gamers would admit that FIFA 10 on PC is more inferior compared to next-gen consoles.
The bugs of PES 2010 aren't that serious like FIFA 10s bugs.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA1NzI3OTU2.html
Seriously, look at this video of Luke Didd again, honestly do you think FIFA 10 deserves the money?! It can be seen from the body language and laughter of Luke Didd, he is making a joke out of us PC gamers...

So I say think again before buying FIFA 10.
If you don't want to buy PES 2010, don't buy it!But I can assure you it is hell lot better than FIFA 10 on PC. Graphics of year 2010. Where as FIFA 10 is graphics from year 2000!

But as for FIFA 10, I've got something to say for you guys. In this case its not about bloody fanboyism its about moral point of view, do you seriously think Luke has done something special to the gameplay, despite that you like the FIFA 04 gameplay so much?!

From a moral point of you, you must not buy FIFA 10 on PC, because Luke Didd simply doesn't deserve the money! Full stop!

Last edited:

Because this is a trick for them to make people buy a NG Console and then play it.

So really EA aren't losing a lot of money. Infact the next-gen consoles compensate the loss of the PC.

So this is how it goes, the PC is a great, great puppet for EA, EA use that puppet to divert PC gamers to buy a Console, thus meaning that they enlarge their profit and popularity.

You might for example say don't buy PES 2010. Infact that is a mistake. Luke and EA want exactly that!!!
Even though PES 2010 may be crap this year. There is more likelyhood that PES will develop one day, but with FIFA I don't have any hope, not in a million years! Not after what has happened this year.

The simple way of forcing EA to make FIFA next gen on PC is this: do not buy FIFA 10 on PC/PS2 and do not buy a next-gen console either!!!
That will be the key. And whether Peter Moore likes it or not, he'll be forced to do so.

And even if you buy a console, just don't buy FIFA for it, I know its hard. And unfortunately that is the trick of EA Sports. They are 100% sure that a gamer who owns a PS3/Xbox 360 is highly, highly likely to buy FIFA for that platform!

Buy PES on PC and praise it as much as possible so that EA Sports are irritated so much that they become fedup and make FIFA 11 next-gen due to their rivals konami.

You see, we've been struggling for quite some years on the PC platform to get a decent FIFA game.
It is definitely no excuse from EA Sports to say that Luke Didd is new to the development. I know Outsider and others have said give more time to Luke to improve.

But I don't think EA Sports have the right after so many years of betraying us to not make a proper game!! 2010 was a crucial year for EA to recover their reputation and getting our hopes back.

Luke should've at least worked together with Hossack and the other developers before that for a couple of years so that he gains experience before taking over completely.

You don't have to win the battle, you just don't buy the game!
The vicious cycle would continue if you say "I won't buy the game" But yet still change your mind to buy the game again.
This would be a catestrophic mistake.

And this is what EA are doing tickling us. Last year we were tickled by the so called next-gen graphics. This year we've been tickled with the 360 degree movement/dribbling as well as the RPL league.

None of that will happen this year. We have got to learn from our mistakes!!!
There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever about the deteriorated graphics!!!
The PCs graphics cards is one thing undoubtedly better than the consoles!!!
It is officially confirmed by Crytek that Cryengine 3 graphics of Crysis 2 for the PS3 and Xbox 360 will have poorer graphics than Cryengine 2 on PC!!

And that's why for extra reassurance they have deteriorated the graphics of FIFA 10 for that reason only!
Not because of optimization. Making the graphics poorer is a cheap and lazy strategy of optimizing the game to run on weaker PCs and laptops!:CURSE:

Agreed 100%!

<snip>

Maybe if MS buys EA this will sort this out once and for all.

One question I'm curious about is how can PES PC have NG graphics and FIFA PC cannot?

According to EA, the average PC gamer can't handle FIFA's physics engine and A.I. Thats rubbish actually, a lot of people with PCs out there are capable of running a lot more intensive/demanding games on moderate settings.

Its just business, you just have to look at the rest of EA's sport games.(most of them are no longer on the PC). They continue milking(a popular term in the PES thread) the PC consumer and focus they're development on console versions. They probably stand to make more profit on the consoles anyway.

What puzzles me the most about FIFA10 PC is the same commentary from years ago. Surely they can't possibly think the average PC can't handle that? :D

Fifa 2010 I do not like because every year the same game .. always notice a big change happens only one in 100,000,000, which are mentioned!!:FAIL::FAIL:

Sorry for my BAD english

I am a PC gamer always have been always will be lets face it though, like I have PC gaming is going down the toilet.

Yes PC's have better graphics and are better for FPS games, but you cant deny the fact that console's have become much more mainstream now and even hardcore gamers have now moved over to consoles.

The software companies like valve and crytek have now both moved over to using consoles.

They are easy to use, you dont have to upgrade them every year, and the problems they had with online gaming dosnt exist anymore.

Wow, this one is apparently so bad that even the fanboys over at the EA forums are calling for the developer's head. Methinks this might be the last year we see FIFA on PC...

Back
Top Bottom