FIFA 10 iPhone

jeblo05

League 1
27 May 2003
Tuebingen
1. FC Koeln
FIFA 10 iPhone has been announced on E3.

nice to see another gadget to play with while sitting on the toilet/waiting on the bus stop....

To be honest, I'm expecting it to be rubbish. I find it hard to find a way for a football game to work on the iPhone, unless they maybe took it down the route of FIFA 09 on the Wii, wherein you could flick your finger to pass and shoot or something along those lines.

Nonetheless, FIFA 10 on the iPhone is a very mouth watering prospect! Lets hope it turns out well

this has fail written all over it and this is why the iphone will never replace the DS or psp. you simply cant play these sorts of games on a touchscreen only device. these games at present are designed with a dpad of some sort and actual buttons you can press.

Iphone is very overated imo. soo many features missing from it. video call anyone? does it have bluetooth yet?

this has fail written all over it and this is why the iphone will never replace the DS or psp. you simply cant play these sorts of games on a touchscreen only device. these games at present are designed with a dpad of some sort and actual buttons you can press.

Iphone is very overated imo. soo many features missing from it. video call anyone? does it have bluetooth yet?

How many times have you made (or wanted to make) a video call?

Bluetooth is being enabled next month, it was already in to work with the Nike+ kit, but will be 'unlocked' so it can be paired with other devices in the OS 3.0 update.

If you have never used one, you cannot really judge. Just like the DS/Wii, the input features of the device, shape the games and (like the Wii/DS) the wrong games get shoe-horned onto it, the ones that ARE designed to work with it are simply excellent (and very cheap/free) games -

Bejewelled - using touch screen, superb - play that more than any PS3/360 game at the mo.

Peggle/Bookworm/Frenzic - all excellent touch screen puzzlers

Tiger Woods works (and looks) better than DS/PSP.

There are others too (going WAY off topic - dont worry, I'll rescue it!) such as NFS, Assassins Creed - and the games announced at E3 - Real Tennis and in particular, Real Racing look as good if not better than anything at least on DS and probably PSP too.

Dont make yourself look silly Jonny boy!

BTW, not much know about FIFA 10 on the iPhone yet and I will agree with you Mendoza, its probably the wrong platform to shoe-horn it onto, that said the latest football release (X2 Football), which did get out today, but was then pulled for 24hours, is apparantly very good and controls excellently with an analogue 'stick' and 3 buttons...

We'll see...

How many times have you made (or wanted to make) a video call?

Bluetooth is being enabled next month, it was already in to work with the Nike+ kit, but will be 'unlocked' so it can be paired with other devices in the OS 3.0 update.

If you have never used one, you cannot really judge. Just like the DS/Wii, the input features of the device, shape the games and (like the Wii/DS) the wrong games get shoe-horned onto it, the ones that ARE designed to work with it are simply excellent (and very cheap/free) games -

Bejewelled - using touch screen, superb - play that more than any PS3/360 game at the mo.

Peggle/Bookworm/Frenzic - all excellent touch screen puzzlers

Tiger Woods works (and looks) better than DS/PSP.

There are others too (going WAY off topic - dont worry, I'll rescue it!) such as NFS, Assassins Creed - and the games announced at E3 - Real Tennis and in particular, Real Racing look as good if not better than anything at least on DS and probably PSP too.

Dont make yourself look silly Jonny boy!

BTW, not much know about FIFA 10 on the iPhone yet and I will agree with you Mendoza, its probably the wrong platform to shoe-horn it onto, that said the latest football release (X2 Football), which did get out today, but was then pulled for 24hours, is apparantly very good and controls excellently with an analogue 'stick' and 3 buttons...

We'll see...
enabled? why wasnt it enabled from the get go? why wasnt 3g enabled from the get go too? These are some of teh featurs that have been on almost every single phone way before the first iphone came out

Not all games are rubbish for touch screen devices but like you said, if its designed for touch screen it will work. i imagine an RTS game will work nicely as its a point and click game. what about a fighting game that requires button bashing etc? how would that work?

O and i have used one before. we got plenty of them lying around in our office and although im not part of the team who develops stuff for it. the guys that do develope for it says its a pain as many thing such has media files and contacts cant be accessed.

Looking at the specs of it here http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html only 2mp? sounds kind of low when you can get ones with 8mp now. Can it at least do video capturing? no mention if it there and that is no useless feature like the video chat you mentioned. lots of people find the video capture pretty useful on phones now

How fifa will work on a iphone remainds a mystery. do you have a DS and psp?

Last edited:
enabled? why wasnt it enabled from the get go? why wasnt 3g enabled from the get go too? These are some of teh featurs that have been on almost every single phone way before the first iphone came out

Not all games are rubbish for touch screen devices but like you said, if its designed for touch screen it will work. i imagine an RTS game will work nicely as its a point and click game. what about a fighting game that requires button bashing etc? how would that work?

O and i have used one before. we got plenty of them lying around in our office and although im not part of the team who develops stuff for it. the guys that do develope for it says its a pain as many thing such has media files and contacts cant be accessed.

Looking at the specs of it here http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html only 2mp? sounds kind of low when you can get ones with 8mp now. Can it at least do video capturing? no mention if it there and that is no useless feature like the video chat you mentioned. lots of people find the video capture pretty useful on phones now

How fifa will work on a iphone remainds a mystery. do you have a DS and psp?

Video 'capture' is different to 'video call' - I think they are enabling that in the update too and you are right, I dont know why Apple does these things, but that's Apple for you!

Surprised your guys said its a pain to develop on, as I've heard its really good to develop on, even making games using HTML and Javascript?! Weird!

The camera again is a prob - but honestly, all these features are only a problem if it effects you. I have a nice DSLR camera, so dont care about using my phone - I had a N95 before which has a brilliant camera and I still barely used it in 12 months, just not 'my thing'. To be fair, the iPhone camera actually takes (VERY) excellent pics in good light, just under dim light it sucks.

Annnyways, sorry for taking this off topic, just wanted to stick up for the little fella there ("thats what she said") - oh and yes, I've had a couple of PSPs (and FIFA sucked on there) and a DS (FIFA was embarassing on that).

Back OT, I think if anyone can pull off games like FIFA on the iPhone, then its EA. They are really pushing the boundries and have most of the best games on iPhone currently (Sims3, TW09, Sim City, Scrabble, NFS) all of which are superb in graphics, playability, control and maximising the iPhones features.

So perhaps it will be ok. I imagine it will have the floating analogue controller, at least 3 buttons and knowing EA, encorporate some of the tilt facilities for penalties/freekicks etc.

In any case, due to the limitations of the controller in this case, I dont think it will be anything too special!

Come to think of it, I cant see Fifa being good on an iphone. I mean, with the touchscreen? How in hell would that work? OK< not interested.

Video 'capture' is different to 'video call' - I think they are enabling that in the update too and you are right, I dont know why Apple does these things, but that's Apple for you!

Surprised your guys said its a pain to develop on, as I've heard its really good to develop on, even making games using HTML and Javascript?! Weird!

The camera again is a prob - but honestly, all these features are only a problem if it effects you. I have a nice DSLR camera, so dont care about using my phone - I had a N95 before which has a brilliant camera and I still barely used it in 12 months, just not 'my thing'. To be fair, the iPhone camera actually takes (VERY) excellent pics in good light, just under dim light it sucks.

Annnyways, sorry for taking this off topic, just wanted to stick up for the little fella there ("thats what she said") - oh and yes, I've had a couple of PSPs (and FIFA sucked on there) and a DS (FIFA was embarassing on that).

Back OT, I think if anyone can pull off games like FIFA on the iPhone, then its EA. They are really pushing the boundries and have most of the best games on iPhone currently (Sims3, TW09, Sim City, Scrabble, NFS) all of which are superb in graphics, playability, control and maximising the iPhones features.

So perhaps it will be ok. I imagine it will have the floating analogue controller, at least 3 buttons and knowing EA, encorporate some of the tilt facilities for penalties/freekicks etc.

In any case, due to the limitations of the controller in this case, I dont think it will be anything too special!

come to think of it. i know why the iphone is good at games. its because the language used to code them is objective C which is part of the C family language.

to this day, C++ is the best language to create games for all platforms including the 360

Back
Top Bottom