FIFA 10 - Full Manual 2 v 2 Games

Well I seem to have gone backwards, cannot pass for toffee!

I also thought when we play manual, that constant pressure was a no-no? I got a bit ratty last night because I felt there was too much pressure by the person I was playing - although this was compounded by how the pressure made my passing even worse!

Well personally I try to never press the double pression button, only in my own area. By doing so, I let my opponent unfold the passing game and it gets better. Of course, if I detect someone who uses double pression all the time, I tend not to play against him. I like passing and building up things. Last time I played with azzur the first match we did ended 0 - 0 or 1 - 0 (i can't remember) but was great to play because we did lots of intrincate plays.

So, let's see if I find you around next time. I think it should be a ind of unwritten rule, but it better be written so:

Rule #1- Double pression only in your half (or around your area).

Well played today Drek and Quiet. It was really fun.

But the way you can dribble, makes me look very stupid in defense.

Do you press L2 or R2 or both, when you dribble like that?

It's a blend of many things. I'm still mastering and improving my dribbling. I tend to never run when in possession, so when the defender comes running is quite easy to round it.

If the defender is jockeying, I try to change direction one or two times to see where it goes, so I can go the other way. I do this with L2 and press R2 just to come out of the dribble.

Sometimes I do skill dribling, specially when trying to pass through close spaces.

But, the most important thing: we played without pressing the secondary pression very much. I almost never pressed the pression button. And this is what makes dribblings possible. Play against someone who presses all the time and the game is utter crap, as well as my dribbling.

They should remove or change completely this feature, really, it makes a great difference.

By the way, we scored nice goals, and with a good variety of them. I scored from long range, close range, heading, dribbling the keeper and one with a deflection. And on ly in 3 matches! That's for the people that thinks you can score only from sweetspots...

The 3 matches were great and we all played nice. Some plays were really nice. When played like that, the game is astonishing. But it needs fair players. Fortunately, here in evo we're a bunch.

About the long ranger, I try it now and then with good shooters, and only 1 out of 10 (to say something) goes in. And only 1 out of 10 looks so beautiful. There's people who complains about it being so difficult, but personally I adore it that way. When you score one of these goals, it's heaven, as it's in reality. Even when my opponent scores something beautiful (and not resorting to the usual paths to score) I admire it and feel satisfied the same way.

Last edited:
Yep, played like that, the game is awesome. But with pressure all the time, cheese goals and ping pong passing,its very very poor and boring.

Even when my opponent scores something beautiful (and not resorting to the usual paths to score) I admire it and feel satisfied the same way.

Agreed! I get the urge to shout out even when my opponent scores a great manual goal, because you just know how satisfying it is for them

Some good stuff again yesterday, my 1-0 victory against Azzurr kept me smiling for a while, even though I only had 1 shot on goal. :FAIL:

Hi,

If you don't mind playing with a french guy, you can also add me ;-)

I play on 360, full manual like most of you on this topic.

My gamertag is Mongolourk, don't hesitate to send me a request, I am generally available monday to friday from 11 pm till 2 am :-)

Hey guys,

I'm also looking for full manual, fair players to play against, whether it be 2 vs. 2 or 1 vs. 1. My gamertag is jedimoonshyne8.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom