FIFA 10 Custom Tactics / Formations

@nerf
I am going to edit it down to 50 for press so that we only really double in our own half. (Although in real life Blackburn do tend to double up in the opposing half).

Have they given us the option of saving our tactics with names this year?
Or is it still going to be Custom 1 Blackburn and all that?

Last edited:
@Roto

Thanks for contributing for Blackburn. Anyone can feel free to contribute any teams to make custom tactics realistic.

This is not my thread, just a place for FIFA players to make their game better.

Anyway,for blackburn tactics,
my opinion for Keith Andrews and NZonzi is they are both defensive minded midfield. I will put them but defence work rate HIGH. This will give a more compact midfield for blackburn.

Thought i would post these tactics i knocked up to print out and give to a few mates so they can apply them to their game until EA sort them out. They are based on neo777's tactics with a couple of tweaks.

Also anyone noticed when you set the game to slow you will play one game on the slow setting and even if you leave it on slow your next match will be played on the normanl setting?

Hmm that might explain why the game feels fast even though I'm playing on normal :THINK:

Interesting...

@Prof - In the edit mode under Team Management, pick a team, go to Custom Tactics, and you can assign them one of these saved custom slots rather than 'Tottenham Default' or whatever they start with.

@DagsJT/Klashman69 - I play on Slow and have not suspected this. Are you sure it's not just that the teams you're playing against have High Speed, Long Passing, High Pressure and Double Aggression that's making it feel frantic and therefore quick?

@nerf
you have a point about andrews, but often N'Zonzi will find himself towards the opposition box.
but I suppose with Blackburn being quite defensive we could have them both with high defensive work rates.

i can only really do a Barcelona one, as they are the only ones i watch, and if you take the arsenal template and slow the pace and make them press all around the pitch you have Barcelona to a T.

Re possession and counter attack ...

can any one help with some tips re formation on this issue. i like to play possession football and can manage fine but i my results have not been as good because everytime i seem to lose the ball in the last 3rd or in the middle, the opposition is near my penalty box in just 2 first time passes and i concede a lot of goals on quick counters. I do play with a 4 man defence and a CDM and set the strategy to defensive but it doesn not seem to remedy the problem - anyone else face this?

Thought i would post these tactics i knocked up to print out and give to a few mates so they can apply them to their game until EA sort them out. They are based on neo777's tactics with a couple of tweaks.

Good template, nice one :TU:

Typical, I went to that Realistic Tactics Project page and it's down now :ROLL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I've knocked up a quick doc on Custom Tactics. Hopefully it'll do two things: a) help people who want to create custom tactics that reflect their favourite team, and b) give one guide to creating some generic custom tactics and spreading those throughout the leagues.

Here's the link.

Have a read and let me know what you think.

@nerf
woah!
seriously this is quite possibly the best thing anyone on this forum can produce for custom tactics!
Every league?
speechless ....

:SHOCK:

Superb work, Nerf! You should put that on the EA forums because that kinda work needs to be seen by everyone, even EA themselves. Brilliant :APPLAUD:

If I go through all of the teams and assign tactics, if/when an EA update comes out will my tactic assignments all be wiped?

Last edited by a moderator:
@nerf

brilliant stuff, pretty sum up everything about custom tactics.

I been so busy with work and playing Fifa that that I don't have time to post alot here.
And also spending my time watching football, so as to get my custom tactics correct. I realized that watching highlights of match doesn't help at all, I need to watch the full game.

Back to the main point, one very important point from the guide that I realized is very true is certain sliders cannot be too high becos of the programming of the AI. Especially the Crossing portion. I realised the AI can crossed from too deep even if the setting is around 65...
Do read the guide about the explanation on crossing , shooting, pressure and speed. If u understand EA interpretation of the setting, u will be able to make accurate custom tactics for urself without much testing.

Thanks nerf once again for it.

Cheers

Thanks all, glad you like it and I hope it's helpful.

You should put that on the EA forums because that kinda work needs to be seen by everyone, even EA themselves.
I've also posted it in the Custom Tactics thread there (v2 page 6).

If I go through all of the teams and assign tactics, if/when an EA update comes out will my tactic assignments all be wiped?
I expect they probably would, yes. Presumably that's all saved in the Squads file, which presumably a data update would replace. You could save a copy of your Squads file before updating so you end up with both.

Last edited:
No way, it's chilly out there this time of year :shiver:

A couple of :TUMBLE:days in the office, my work for this month's milestone done and nobody watching over my shoulder, I can find ways to fill my time :WHISTLE:

Just to say as well, your guide even made me change my own custom tactics for MM, just for the fact you were so specific about the different styles requiring certain tactics. Great stuff.

When saving custom tactics, is it possible to rename the tactic? Looks like it only saves as the team name it was created for?

When saving custom tactics, is it possible to rename the tactic? Looks like it only saves as the team name it was created for?

Unfortunately not matey. Simply because theres only 28 slots. So if you assign stokes custom tactics to Everton, it will say stoke when you go into Evertons tactics setup.

Oh well, I've just typed up a text file which should help me out

Generic North = Accrington
Generic Central = Zulte-Waregem
Generic South = Osasuna

Counter Long = Aldershot
Counter Short = Athletic Club Bilbao

Press Mixed = Aalesund
Press Short = Bellinzola

Long Slow = America
Long Fast = Barnet

Possession = Cesena

So what I'm doing is remembering the 4(5) teams that are needed for each league and assigning each team a tactic, then moving to the next team and assigning the next tactics, and so on.

Looking forward to trying these out :D

Back
Top Bottom