FIFA 09: Ultimate Team - DISCUSSION THREAD

Yep Chemistry is all Important have 1 or 2 stars who fit it and then your team plays great football. Problem is high chemistry means your stats go very high and no one will play you. :( I've now managed to get 100 when all my starters play together and my stats have now gone through the roof and the only superstar I have is Ronaldinho and he's nowhere near the best player in game.

Ah so that's why i am seeing highly rated teams

is there no way we can see the lineups before we play?

I would play a 5 star team with a couple of superstars in but i aint player a team full of superstars with my 1 and a half star team :LOL:

I slap in any shite bronze players who're down to 1 match on their contract but I'm not deliberately buying players for the collection yet, will wait a few weeks until there are more bargains + better search options (hopefully) such as buy now only etc. etc.

I believe you get
coins for completing each page BTW.

Yea, thats what i'm doing for now - out of contract players go in the book.

Thanks for the spoiler too - did wonder - anyone know the other amounts, completing leagues, countries etc... will take years!

Is there online leagues/leaderboards and stuff in this game then or is the aim just to make the best team?

I got a Barcelona home kit, Anyone know how much I could get for that? whats the general price? 1000? more?

I got a Barcelona home kit, Anyone know how much I could get for that? whats the general price? 1000? more?

Wow Young, much higher m8! That's the most wanted kit in it! I'd go for starting bid 3.000 coins for 5 days and buy now price at 10.000 coins.

Just a suggestion...

Man I LOVE this mode!

Its good (closest thing to Online Manager kinda ML style) and addictive. I think its something which is cool but I really hope they have a Online Manager Mode.

Anyway cheers Scorpio, Will put it up for sale, hopefully some Kids will buy it for a good price :DD

Got my team chesmity upto 48 and the game feels superb now.

Me and Jay Spearing in the CM with Paul Anderson on the left and Campbell Ryce on the right.

Luke Rodgers and Bishop up top - awesome!

Bishop has now moved to the collection. Turned him from bronze to Silver and got 195 points for him. 1 match left for him :).

He was ace!

Last edited:
Yep there gone, Ive got like 10 players on their last match, got lucky by getting a Barcelona kit so hopefully il use the money for that to buy as many contracts as possible...

Bought a silver pack earlier and got Sean Davis and Caicedo! Played my first match with them and won 3-0, they both scored! :DANCE:

Its still pretty buggy. I played a Club Tournament yesterday, got to the semi, won the game and when it went back onto the Fixtures screen after the game, the game 'froze', as in the music was playing and the ticker was going but when I pressed A or B, nothing would happen. Restarted my Xbox and went back to the tournament, only to find it was as if I had never played in it.

Thats happened a few times for me so theres not really any point in me doing tournys until its resolved!

How many coins do you actually get for winning a tournament? I've never managed to finish one because of these issues.

Its still pretty buggy. I played a Club Tournament yesterday, got to the semi, won the game and when it went back onto the Fixtures screen after the game, the game 'froze', as in the music was playing and the ticker was going but when I pressed A or B, nothing would happen. Restarted my Xbox and went back to the tournament, only to find it was as if I had never played in it.

Thats happened a few times for me so theres not really any point in me doing tournys until its resolved!

How many coins do you actually get for winning a tournament? I've never managed to finish one because of these issues.

Same happened to me last night as well.

EA Sports said:
Latest Update:

Weds March 25, 8:22pm PST / Thurs March 26, 3:22am GMT

PS3 and 360 USERS:
PS3 and 360 USERS:

We will be taking down the servers at 10pm PDT / 5am GMT for approximately 30 minutes. This is so we can publish fixes for issues with FIFA UT stats affecting FIFA 09 rankings. We are also fixing a few problems we have found with EA Locker which should help problems with Created Players disappearing and Offline Tournament progression.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes, but feel it’s important to get these fixes out.

Thanks for your patience all.

End of update

Just been online, working fine, trades still aren't properly in date order but they sort of are in clumps if that makes sense, out of say 500 cards, you'll find that there are groups in reverse date order.......

The trading is soooo good during the day, the screens are so fast. If you can be bothered to look through them there are some real bargains to be had. I got Silvestre with 8 games on his contract for 650 coins this morning! :))

Quick 2 questions,

When you have a player on your bench who only has 1 game left will he vanish or is it only your first 11?

I see that players like Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi, Gerrard and so on are up for sale for figures of 250,000 or in those regions? do they actually get purchased or does no one end up buying them? If So what would be a suitable price?

When you have a player on your bench who only has 1 game left will he vanish or is it only your first 11?
Only first eleven.

I see that players like Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi, Gerrard and so on are up for sale for figures of 250,000 or in those regions? do they actually get purchased or does no one end up buying them? If So what would be a suitable price?
Nobody would be able to get that many coins without losing their entire team (you can't buy coins with real money remember, only gold packs). So I don't think they're ever expecting to get that much...

If you bring a sub with 1 game left on though he will be gone from your team.

The high value trades I think are people who have agreed to trade with someone for another player or players, so they set the value so high so that no one will be able to buy that player and they can wait for the relevant offer to come in and accept it. That's my take on it anyway!

I'm pretty sure that if you put player on your bench for a game who has 1 game left, he will use that game up...may be wrong.

I put out of contract players in the reserves till I get the right card.

I like the way the commentators mention it too ("The manager is playing some players today coming to the end of their contracts... how does that affect their mentality Andy?..." etc)

Agree this game is virtually unplayable at night though, despite my longish stint on it last night. Too many crashes, hangs and searching through cards takes an age... :( sure it will settle down in time.

I'm pretty sure that if you put player on your bench for a game who has 1 game left, he will use that game up...may be wrong.
I did a test last night - Placebo is my witness - where I wrote down the contract games remaining of each sub. No subs were used and after the game they all had the exact same contract value.

Surely it wouldn't be like that for all players bar the ones with one game left? That would just be cruel...

I was under the impression that benched players lose a game off their contract as well (regardless of them coming on or not).

Back
Top Bottom