FIFA 09 PS3 - UEFA Cup - Register Now!

You can have Sparta Prague, as the chap just above you has made up his mind and chosen Feyernoord. :)

Well I did want to replace each team with a similarly ranked team.

That is, converted to stars:

Metalist - 1.5-2.5* - Brann
Partizan - 2.5-3.5* - Sparta Praha
Spartak Moscow - 3.5-4* - Rennes
Dinamo Zagreb - 3-3.5* - Wien
MSK Zillna - 1.5-2.5* - Kalmar
CSKA - 3.5-4.5* - Dortmund

So Everton could only really replace Dortmund, who've already been taken. I'll consider putting them in if we don't get many more signups, but at the moment, things are going very well.

alright than..if thats the case let me know :)

Ta, here's the latest team list. After just a few hours, we have only 9 places left. I should be posting up the way this will work shortly, with fixtures and rules :)

Team (Country) - PESFan/Evo-Web Username - PSN username

Right, if you're in groups A-D then you should have been friend requested by me, and will shortly receive an invite to the "PESFan UEFA CUP 1" league, where you can organise your games. Remember only to play the teams in your group!!

Just doing groups E-H now :)

Rules
6 min halves
Offsides, Bookings, Fouls obviously on
No control restrictions

Disconnections

If the player who disconnects is ahead, or if the scores are level, the game will be replayed. If the player who disconnects is behind by one goal in the first 45 minutes, same. If the player is two goals or more behind in the first half, or one or more in the second, then the game shall be given to the oppposition.

Personally I have an internet connection which disconnects randomly, so it would be frustrating to be penalised if not losing by much to begin with.

Yes, you're in the league aren't you, so just look who else is in your group (me, ZineZizou, matt1986nffc and Law226) and play one match against each. I'll be putting the rest of the fixtures up shortly to make it clearer :)

One question mate, if we're all in one league, how do we find out who progresses? you going to work out each league separate from the league table? Just curious :)

Last edited:
One question mate, if we're all in one league, how do we find out who progresses? you going to work out each league separate from the league table? Just curious :)

Yeah, the league is just to get us all in one place. Well, two places :D I'll be collating the results on here and everything (and PESFan)

---------

Everybody has now been friend requested by me, and all those online have been invited into the relevant league :)

The only team you could replace now is Brann, seeing as replacing any of the other three would mean two English teams in a group, and as I've said, it'd kind of unbalance the group if a 4* team in Everton were brough in. I'll see.

Fixtures

Matchdays 1-3 for now. You should very soon receive an invitation to a league. There are two leagues, one for Groups A-D, and the other groups E-H.
Note that these leagues are just a way of getting us all the same (two) places, the league standings are not relevant to the tournament, and the group standings will be collated here after each few matches.
Also remember only to play the four people in your group! Fire away!

To join the leagues without invitation
Groups A-D
Go to 'Search for league'
Enter name 'PESFan UEFA CUP1'
enter abbreviation 'PFan1'
enter password 'zenit'
(all minus quotations)

Groups E-H

Go to 'Search for league'
Enter name 'PESFan UEFA CUP 2' (watch the space)
enter abbreviation 'uefa1'
enter password 'zenit'
(all minus quotations'

Last edited:
Disconnections

If the player who disconnects is ahead, or if the scores are level, the game will be replayed. If the player who disconnects is behind by one goal in the first 45 minutes, same. If the player is two goals or more behind in the first half, or one or more in the second, then the game shall be given to the oppposition.

Personally I have an internet connection which disconnects randomly, so it would be frustrating to be penalised if not losing by much to begin with.

Quick question though.
If the game gets disconnected in the first half and it is 1 nil to one of the teams, surely the losing side should let the side that was winning score a goal when the game is restarted?

Quick question though.
If the game gets disconnected in the first half and it is 1 nil to one of the teams, surely the losing side should let the side that was winning score a goal when the game is restarted?

Hmm possibly. I'll decide before PESFan decide to get themselves back up and running. It is down for everyone else, right?

Back
Top Bottom