FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Why is it so hard to dribble past or even run past an opposing defender?

Even when I have someone as strong as Maicon running on the ball past someone as small and weak as Donovan, he still manages to get a tackle in and take the ball while at the same time knock Maicon onto the floor so that he can't regain his balance and take the ball back off him. :ROLL:

If you're playing online it's probably because the other teams tactics are set to 100 aggression and pressure. Maybe not pressure but certainly aggression. I just finished a BAP: Online Team Play game where no matter what I did the moment I got near on of his player he'd just run right through me. I'd have my back to him trying to shield the ball and it wasn't happening.

There are ton of cheesy formations and tactics that can make it almost impossible to beat a guy unless you use assisted passing and ping pong the ball all across the field.

Lately though I've seen instances where I'll get a guy with a standing tackle head on and he'll just run through me and still retain possession of the ball or if I tap the ball away from him, he recovers instantly and runs me down within a second and takes it back. For me if 2010 plays this way, I might only be renting it. This isn't soccer...

Lately though I've seen instances where I'll get a guy with a standing tackle head on and he'll just run through me and still retain possession of the ball or if I tap the ball away from him, he recovers instantly and runs me down within a second and takes it back.
Yes! I've noticed this as well and it put me off playing online (again) completely. It must be some kind of glitch because it's come on suddenly.

Yes! I've noticed this as well and it put me off playing online (again) completely. It must be some kind of glitch because it's come on suddenly.

Yeah it has to be some sort of glitch. I've come across more and more people that use the custom team glitch to and put players like Torres, Ronaldo, Droga, etc., on teams like Aston Villa. I've also seen guys with normal squads that are somehow super fast.

I was reading on the FIFA forums a few days ago and read a post from some guy who admitted to using the glitch saying he plays with national squads alot and simply boosts up their stats. He's still got the same players so oftentimes nobody notices the difference. Someone suggested to me that maybe people are now using the glitch to boost up certain players by simply decreasing all the defensive stats for attacker for example, and putting everything on speed and shooting. The opposite for defenders of course.

Add to that the typical 2nd defender pressure abusing and FIFA 09 is probably playing worse than I've ever seen lately. EVERY game plays like shit. We win a good number of them in BAP: Online Team Play, but they all play the same now.

Just been reminded why I love this game online.

Started a session as Northampton Town, and the idiot picks 5 star ManYoo, so I left. He messages me "why not pick a better team you cock? I'll be same lvl as you and I'll stil beat ya"

So I whack it on manual and we start.

He's shocking. Passes all go to me, he puts crosses straight out play, and didn't have a shot all game. I was dominant...but couldn't finish to save my life (1 shot out of 10 on target :P).

He eventually wins on pens..and sends "Ha dik ur shit at pens" to me...lovely.

Just been reminded why I love this game online.

Started a session as Northampton Town, and the idiot picks 5 star ManYoo, so I left. He messages me "why not pick a better team you cock? I'll be same lvl as you and I'll stil beat ya"

So I whack it on manual and we start.

He's shocking. Passes all go to me, he puts crosses straight out play, and didn't have a shot all game. I was dominant...but couldn't finish to save my life (1 shot out of 10 on target :P).

He eventually wins on pens..and sends "Ha dik ur shit at pens" to me...lovely.

Just played a match like that before I got offline some 5 min ago. Some guy kept following me and my buddy in every BAP: Online match that I made so I made it all manual. His passing was woeful of course and every cross goes out of bounds. We score 1 in the 70th minute or so and then he gets fouled a few yards outside the box near the sideline. This is where I think manual controls don't matter because he fires in a cross and nobody on in the box moves except for Adebayor who basically just jumps past everyone, stands completely still, and heads it right into the corner. Game ends 1-1. At least he didn't follow me after that though.

For the most part I don't play against anyone who takes the "captain" spot on the other team and is rated above a 10. The guys that are have skill levels of 20+ are always assisted abusing cheesers.

I have 12 and use Semi/Manual mostly, Saying that I tried that thing yesterday where I started a game with restrictions as Manual and loved it. :DD I think I'll force my opponents onto manual now, so much more realistic and harder to do simple things.

Why does the CPU blatantly cheat

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/7034224

I upload the clip showing a tackle from behind, the CPU gets no where near the ball but the ref does blow for a foul. Some how the tackle isn't in the video anymore.

The clip should be 12 seconds but it's 8 seconds

Conspiracy!!
The one I like is when you try to get a replay of their player being clearly off side and you never get the angle or long enough to see it...:LOL::CENSOR:

The one I like is when you try to get a replay of their player being clearly off side and you never get the angle or long enough to see it...:LOL::CENSOR:

Not quite as good as when you're playing online and you get scored in the cheapest way possible and for some reason, even though nobody on your squad chooses to skip the replay, it IMMEDIATELY goes back to the kick-off so you can't see what happened.

Does anyone know how to set up a 2v2 online game using 4 different ps3's? The only thing i can think of is to make a couple of online clubs and have two of us go to each team?

Thanks

Don't worry found it out can play in BAP.

Last edited:
I was playing a ranked game today and my opponent picked Real Madrid. I was shocked to see that his team included the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Torres, etc. :CONFUSE:

How is that possible? I know you can do that in unranked matches bu not in ranked ones. Might be a glitch, but it seems like the guy knew he had all these players when he did a few subs.

I think I've finally given up on this game. MM is so boring I have never made it through more than 2 seasons with the same team.

I was playing online last night and thought I'd give a ranked match a go. First game the guy picks Brazil so I pick Turkey. (A surprising little team in this game)

I beat the guy 4-3 using mostly manual controls (semi shooting and semi passing) but every single goal he scored was exactly the same. Robinho running up the middle to the top of the box and firing it to the keepers left. Every goal went in the same exact spot and he shot it from the same place. Every one of my goals was hard as hell to come by and I hit to post 5 TIMES!

I rematched him because it was nice beating someone using fully assisted against mostly manual and he starts bombing shots from all over and they go in every time. He never misses a shot...

Bored bored bored with this game now, but it had a better play life than most games. I just don't think FIFA 10 will be any different to be honest.

I was playing a ranked game today and my opponent picked Real Madrid. I was shocked to see that his team included the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Torres, etc. :CONFUSE:

How is that possible? I know you can do that in unranked matches bu not in ranked ones. Might be a glitch, but it seems like the guy knew he had all these players when he did a few subs.
That's a now well known glitch I'm afraid mate.

I think I've finally given up on this game. MM is so boring I have never made it through more than 2 seasons with the same team.

Bored bored bored with this game now, but it had a better play life than most games. I just don't think FIFA 10 will be any different to be honest.

2vAI MM, much better game than 1vAI, only problem is you need a like minded real life mate... :D

I'm sure this has happened to some of you (hopefully) - haven't played in about a month and a half (discovered Fallout 3...wow) - stuck in Fifa09 last night, stuck it all on manual, played exhibition against comp, world class... AWFUL. I could stick two of my defenders onto players like Elano for 5 minutes and he still wouldn't be tackled. He'd just run perpendicular to the screen until my dozy defenders pull away from Jo and slot him in. Meanwhile, I cannot shield the ball. Period. With any player, from any player. I have SWP going through the back of Berbatov to nick the ball away like the Bulgarian isn't even there. Game was completely unplayable.

Stuck it back onto Professional and it was soooo much better.

So anyway, my question is - how do you guys play on world class? I mean, is that mode only there for people that have owrked out exploits of the game and can essentially cheat their way through? Because without being able to tackle a single one of the CPU players, and my players losing the ball (then doing the lovely stumble 5 paces in the wrong direction animation) every time someone breathed on them I cannot imagine it's a pleasant experience.

Rant over.

Yeah, on anything above professional the CPU plays like the cheesers do online. Not sure how to beat it but in order to beat the cheesers you've gotten ping pong it and basically do all the horseshit you see online.

Not really interested in doing that.

Same here, I move to world class for a while and when you play the top 5 it's fine, but then you play some team 2 stars less than you and the game becomes a frustrating AI cheating farce where player stats mean absolutely nothing.

Good to see people are finally realising that online is a piece of shit. The more people who get pissed with it the higher the likelihood they put a real effort into A) providing realistic online matches with heaps of restrictions or B) improving offline play

Good to see people are finally realising that online is a piece of shit. The more people who get pissed with it the higher the likelihood they put a real effort into A) providing realistic online matches with heaps of restrictions or B) improving offline play

I hope so but when you think about it, those of us who champion realism on sites like this and FSB are in the minority. If the kids and cheesers keep eating the game up what reason will EA have to actually make the game even slightly realistic online?

I keep hearing from everyone that it's the most "fun" that they've ever had playing a sports game and that I should just tone down the complaints for that reason. I'm all for fun but when it's at the expense of the level of realism in a "simulation" of a sport that I love, then I get a little pissed.

Still don't see why they just don't add a separate leaderboard, Amateur and Professional or something and make the control schemes Assisted and Manual respectively. Obviously they don't have to give it that name but I'd like it as a nice dig at the guys that are simply good at the GAME and complete shit at the SPORT.

I hope so but when you think about it, those of us who champion realism on sites like this and FSB are in the minority. If the kids and cheesers keep eating the game up what reason will EA have to actually make the game even slightly realistic online?

I keep hearing from everyone that it's the most "fun" that they've ever had playing a sports game and that I should just tone down the complaints for that reason. I'm all for fun but when it's at the expense of the level of realism in a "simulation" of a sport that I love, then I get a little pissed.

Still don't see why they just don't add a separate leaderboard, Amateur and Professional or something and make the control schemes Assisted and Manual respectively. Obviously they don't have to give it that name but I'd like it as a nice dig at the guys that are simply good at the GAME and complete shit at the SPORT.

its probably a server issue. Im sure i read somewhere thats why they couldnt include a semi search filter as it would cause an overload.

I think Fifa09 was a very enjoyable experience up until about January then something happened to it. Cheaters exploits mainly but the speed of the game increased. Become much more laggy for me too. Im sure UT had something to do with it. Anybody still playing that mode still? I got bored within a week of it. Another mode that the cheaters exploited. I really hope Fifa10 plays a good slow game online. Id be gutted if its still the same

Just had a strange moment during a match.

I won a penalty and the player who was fouled went to the side of the pitch because he was injured.

I tucked away the penalty and the injured player ran from the sideline and joined in with the celebration.

He came back on the pitch for the kick off after that penalty and played the rest of the match with a light injury.

:CONFUSE:

Just had a strange moment during a match.

I won a penalty and the player who was fouled went to the side of the pitch because he was injured.

I tucked away the penalty and the injured player ran from the sideline and joined in with the celebration.

He came back on the pitch for the kick off after that penalty and played the rest of the match with a light injury.

:CONFUSE:

:CONFUSE: How odd...

Back
Top Bottom