FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

I think the reason some shirts (Werder Bremen) don't have sponsoring is because they are gambling companys and EA don't like to promote it in their games.

Good thing is I think Werder have changed sponsor for next season.

PS2 version

- new mode "Be a pro" and "Scrimage mode"
- better AI players (better defensive repositioning)
- change player with L1 and right, left, down or up for the choose the good player
- through pass is now only in manual

PS3 version

- better interaction between the player and the ball
- more hard to dribble with a medium stats player
- alot of dribbles, feints, moves (you can make sequences)
- 10 new animations in every situations, shoots, tackles etc.. (says EA)
- much better collisions
- better shots

thats the problem with EA they dont concentrate on the fundamentals, this is a football game not god of war, why does a football game need sequences?

That's just one of the improvements they have made, you'll see if you read the whole list they have improved shots, collisions, added lots more animations, made it harder to dribble with not-so-good players and improved the interaction between the player and the ball.

All good things in my book. A lot of people complained that there was no tricks in FIFA 07 and it looks like they'll be some in this. :)

I'll guess we'll have to see but it really looks NO different than UEFA now.

they need to

1)fix the shooting at goal to be more user accurate
2)Get rid of the ugly precision shot with one that actually works
3)get rid of the where you kick the ball depends on your positioning crap
4)the lag the ball has when shooting from far when the camera tracks it
4)trick tricks tricks!
5)and hopefully they fix the running animations as they look hunchbacked

Why, Why, why? How is taking away a shot that actually depends on someone's orientation adding to realism? I cannot believe you would want to sacrifice that as it is one of the things i believe makes UEFA and FIFA better than any previous PES effort. On the tricks...i just dont see the point. having no tricks in UEFA and FIFA led me to playing by far the most realistic football i have ever played in a game, and adding them back in would just be stupid in my opinion. As an example - i brought my mate around to play UEFA for the first time the other day, and as soon as he got the ball (he's a world cup and fifa ps2 player) all he did was wiggle the right stick in random directions. When i told him they took it out, he complained and had great difficulty getting by me for the rest of the game. Having no tricks makes you pass the ball, which is how real football really is.

i would say have tricks but for only certain players

your not gonna be seeing gary neville do a roulette in real life are you?

there not many players that do tricks in a real football match anyway, so it wouldnt be hard to give players like ronaldo, dino, joe cole ect tricks

Why, Why, why? How is taking away a shot that actually depends on someone's orientation adding to realism? I cannot believe you would want to sacrifice that as it is one of the things i believe makes UEFA and FIFA better than any previous PES effort. On the tricks...i just dont see the point. having no tricks in UEFA and FIFA led me to playing by far the most realistic football i have ever played in a game, and adding them back in would just be stupid in my opinion. As an example - i brought my mate around to play UEFA for the first time the other day, and as soon as he got the ball (he's a world cup and fifa ps2 player) all he did was wiggle the right stick in random directions. When i told him they took it out, he complained and had great difficulty getting by me for the rest of the game. Having no tricks makes you pass the ball, which is how real football really is.

I NEVER feel like I can hit a random shot it ALWAYS looks the same to me and has the same feel. i'm sorry but the goal scoring is VERY weak compared to even fifa 07 current gen. I can not have ANOTHER game have weak shooting at goals.

i would say have tricks but for only certain players

your not gonna be seeing gary neville do a roulette in real life are you?

there not many players that do tricks in a real football match anyway, so it wouldnt be hard to give players like ronaldo, dino, joe cole ect tricks

Ok THAT I agree with

The second that happens, the real Gary Neville will do a roulette (with no players near him obviously), get a huge cheer from the crowd and there will be 1,000 people in here saying "WHY CAN'T I DO THAT IN THE GAME WHEN OTHER PLAYERS CAN?!! IT'S SO STUPID!!"

You can't please all the people all the time.

im a subscriber and im not expecting my copy until tuesday with monday being bank holiday.

This one particluar pic gets me really excited:

ribzwj0.jpg

Everytime I see it Im impressed by the player likeness, the way hes moving onto the ball, the grass textures and the stadium. Looks class. Im also impressed because it doesnt look as rendered as the usual Fifa pics. Remember Fifa 07 and UCL pics?

This one particluar pic gets me really excited:

ribzwj0.jpg

Everytime I see it Im impressed by the player likeness, the way hes moving onto the ball, the grass textures and the stadium. Looks class. Im also impressed because it doesnt look as rendered as the usual Fifa pics. Remember Fifa 07 and UCL pics?
I agree, but it's a pict from EA, no directly from the demo (like the Klose one) and i hate in FIFA the no respect of the shirts, logo sponsors, name font etc...

They've said before that they don't have the license for the seperate fonts. They aren't covered in the league-wide licenses, they need seperate licensing and EA don't have it. Which is strange considering they have everything else...

that is very strange when konami have it.

yes, but PYS4 has ALL the sponsers but the amrican baseball games do not

PES looks like crap, game modes and number of leagues will be crap, gameplay will be crap, Fifa08 will piss on it IMO, and that's based on playing PES/WE religiously for the past few years whilst spitting on Fifa before finally trying Fifa07 current gen, then UEFA current gen then Fifa07 and UEFA next gen. Fifa pisses all over PES in pretty much everyway.

For those wanting perfect shooting no matter which direction the player is facing or how balanced they are, you know nothing about football.

For those obsessing about having a "trick stick" in game so they can pull of silly tricks all the time with all players, you know nothing about football.

PES looks like crap, game modes and number of leagues will be crap, gameplay will be crap, Fifa08 will piss on it IMO, and that's based on playing PES/WE religiously for the past few years whilst spitting on Fifa before finally trying Fifa07 current gen, then UEFA current gen then Fifa07 and UEFA next gen. Fifa pisses all over PES in pretty much everyway.

For those wanting perfect shooting no matter which direction the player is facing or how balanced they are, you know nothing about football.

For those obsessing about having a "trick stick" in game so they can pull of silly tricks all the time with all players, you know nothing about football.

if u knew about football, i think ud agree that PES6 for ps2 (or even better - winning eleven 10 JLeague) is a more realistic sim (if thats what u meant by 'pisses all over') than anything fifa has produced to date, including UEFA. Fifa is for kids, PES more for adults...

however, i do agree with your point about the silly 'trick stick'. I also believe that only a select group of players should be able to pull off certain dribbles, step overs etc. In PES all players can do this.. which shouldnt be the case. I like how they implement the roulette though.. all can do it..but only a few can pull it off successfully.. the others just fall over or lose the ball when they try it.. hahaha thats cool..

Last edited:

Thank god someone has their head screwed on right.

I love how everyone has come to a conclusion about it already after a handful of screenshots. Wait till we see it moving people.

Also, Konami have blown it! They put that out on PS3 people will explode. They pinned their hope is pes6 being a stopgap version. They are looking so wrong.

Best comment I have heard this year :applause: :applause: :applause:

player models still look off. gotta love the basketball shorts. puke.

and thats why fifa sucks, NONE of the players feel different then one or the other, i could take nesta put him at forward and he would score as many goals as ronaldo for milan, every player seems the exact same... the attributes and stats actually mean something in PES, they mean shit all in fifa

and thats why fifa sucks, NONE of the players feel different then one or the other, i could take nesta put him at forward and he would score as many goals as ronaldo for milan, every player seems the exact same... the attributes and stats actually mean something in PES, they mean shit all in fifa

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
The first sensible post in this thread...

I said it last year. fifa 08 will have to be THEE game to buy...

we shall soon see... UEFA was much better than 07 at least it felt like you could actually set up any pace you wanted...

playing world class, straight off, and i still havent lost, i like it, but theres still so little satisfaction when you score a goal, cos you dont know when your going to beat the goalie, ie when its super man or downs man, so regardless of shot power or quality you dont feel like youve done a good or bad job, its just down to random goalieness. if they sorted out shot satisfaction (ala fifa 07 on ps2, and pes), and the ridiculous success of through balls...aswell as downsizing the kits, i'm ready to be blown away! :D

playing world class, straight off, and i still havent lost, i like it, but theres still so little satisfaction when you score a goal, cos you dont know when your going to beat the goalie, ie when its super man or downs man, so regardless of shot power or quality you dont feel like youve done a good or bad job, its just down to random goalieness. if they sorted out shot satisfaction (ala fifa 07 on ps2, and pes), and the ridiculous success of through balls...aswell as downsizing the kits, i'm ready to be blown away! :D

thats why its nowere near as good as pes/winning eleven when u score in pes it feels like a well worked goal as with fifa it feels scripted

thats why its nowere near as good as pes/winning eleven when u score in pes it feels like a well worked goal as with fifa it feels scripted

Yeah very true. I guess Ive just never got used the shooting on recently Fifa games. Its funny coz I find old-gen Fifa (PS2) easier to play. Its more responsive and shooting feels like it has more impact, if you get my meaning.

But I think we all need to take a step back and look at how far Fifa has come. Its not quite there in my opinion, but over the last few years its become a game I do end up playing. Just never good enough to buy though.

After getting a great endorsement from one of my contacts though I really feel this will be the first Fifa Im gonna purchase since 2001. EA should get a lot of credit on here rather than little digs here and there.

I think it just comes down to which game is more fun to play, not which game is more realistic.

I guess people have different opinions on what is fun, personally I find FIFA more realistic but PES more fun to play.

Back
Top Bottom