FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

FIFA 08 will most likely be pics of renders spread over 2 pages...

the big feature on PES7 will be no more than a 3rd of a page column full of dodgy puns and no screens, I know these mags too well ;)

FIFA08 scans from PSM3

FIFA08 PS3 and for PES7 it's just PES6 on 360

psm3foot1.jpg

psm3foot2.jpg

psm3foot3.jpg

psm3foot4.jpg

psm3foot5.jpg

psm3foot6.jpg

psm3foot7.jpg

Last edited:

Wow, it looks like the same basic graphics engine but with tweaks to the player models, looks brilliant - shame about the massive shorts still being present, though, which everyone is going to cite as their reason for not buying it and PES being better... In fairness though, the guy in the render on the middle of the fourth page is either a midget or he's wearing even bigger shorts than everybody else!! It does look so stupid.

Don't like all the jaggies either - but I think that's down to the magazine's graphics editor not doing a proper job seperating the player graphics from the backgrounds. And even though they're virtually the same as FIFA 07, compare the shots to the current PES below it; I'm sorry but if you say PES looks better then you are mental.

Looking forward to this now!

Thomas, you're French, any chance of a translation? ;)

Last edited:

Wow, it looks like the same basic engine but with tweaks to the player models. They look brilliant - shame about the massive shorts still being present, though. The guy in the render on the middle of the fourth page is either a midget or he's wearing even bigger shorts than everybody else!! It looks so stupid.

Don't like all the jaggies either - but I think that's down to the magazine's graphics editor not doing a proper job seperating the player graphics from the backgrounds. Looking forward to this now!

Thomas, you're French, any chance of a translation? ;)

brilliant, they look like frigging monkeys.. those players models are terrible, fifa is going to tbe the same engine for the next 5 years...

You haven't seen PES7 yet, I wouldn't count your eggs...

You haven't seen PES7 yet, I wouldn't count your eggs...

Jack, we know your feelings, don't know why but I have a hunch for PES7 now, athough if I had to bet, I'd both games will be very good this around.

I didn't bother to to read all it but I notice they talk a lot about the ball physics being close to realism.

The other next gen pics, hmm, not eye-popping, they don't look particularly hi-res over anything we've seen before, maybe the animation is very impressive.

Edit: Having looked again: Okay pretty nice, could be outstanding.

I'll reserve judgement, and probably buy both games.

The standard we are looking for is surely Virtua Tennis 3 level,
so we'll see...

Last edited:

Tnx thomas, Ribery looks very accurate, but then he is an ugly bastard so a perfect match for fifa's face modellers :lol:

Dissapointed that the players still look like they are all wearing a football kit thats too big for them (or a basketball kit out of the nba game). Shorten the shirts and raise the shorts EA!!! FFS, isnt it obvious?!

Even though i can barely read french i see seabass is talking about 11 v 11 again.......*groans* sort out the single player first. Online is always gonna be crippeled by the amount of cheats involved!

@ thomas, or any other fluent in french:

Does it mention anything new about fifa in the article? Or is it what we already know and a general impression given by the mag?

And whats this "Be a Pro" Mode they are talking about? Is it for ps3 or ps2?

Last edited:

PS2 version

- new mode "Be a pro" and "Scrimage mode"
- better AI players (better defensive repositioning)
- change player with L1 and right, left, down or up for the choose the good player
- through pass is now only in manual

PS3 version

- better interaction between the player and the ball
- more hard to dribble with a medium stats player
- alot of dribbles, feints, moves (you can make sequences)
- 10 new animations in every situations, shoots, tackles etc.. (says EA)
- much better collisions
- better shots

Last edited:

Ouch, that doesn't sound too different. And "more hard to dribble with a medium stats player" - my biggest problem with FIFA/UEFA is that it's pretty impossible to dribble properly with anyone (due to the reaction times)...

Thank you for the translation ThomasGOD!!

Ouch, that doesn't sound too different. And "more hard to dribble with a medium stats player" - my biggest problem with FIFA/UEFA is that it's pretty impossible to dribble properly with anyone (due to the reaction times)...

Thank you for the translation ThomasGOD!!

the way they run with and without the ball is crap aswell oh well pes7 it is

Harder to dribble? You can barely do it as it is.......hmmmm pes better come up with something decent otherwise it might be a football-less year in gaming for me. Oh well, atleast forza and gta are looking good

I'll guess we'll have to see but it really looks NO different than UEFA now.

they need to

1)fix the shooting at goal to be more user accurate
2)Get rid of the ugly precision shot with one that actually works
3)get rid of the where you kick the ball depends on your positioning crap
4)the lag the ball has when shooting from far when the camera tracks it
4)trick tricks tricks!
5)and hopefully they fix the running animations as they look hunchbacked

PS3 version

Thats enough to convince me. :lol:

I'll guess we'll have to see but it really looks NO different than UEFA now.

they need to

1)fix the shooting at goal to be more user accurate

In fairness they did say they'll improve the shooting, which is great, but... Man, I'm really worried about that dribbling comment. Unless the reaction times are now greatly improved, making dribbling harder is ridiculous.

I trust the team that made FIFA 07, seeing as I loved the game, but I hope I hear better things than this before release. Adonis's contact did say it was great, and he was a Pro Evo fan, so hopefully they have improved the reaction time and so everything will fit nicely.

the player models still look mutated, and that shot of the guy shooting with the ball on the ground, why is his foot so high in the air, shows the animations haven't changed at all

PS2 version

- new mode "Be a pro" and "Scrimage mode"
- better AI players (better defensive repositioning)
- change player with L1 and right, left, down or up for the choose the good player
- through pass is now only in manual

PS3 version

- better interaction between the player and the ball
- more hard to dribble with a medium stats player
- much better collisions
- better shots

Nice! and the nets? :(

the player models still look mutated, and that shot of the guy shooting with the ball on the ground, why is his foot so high in the air, shows the animations haven't changed at all

Ok, this I am beginning to understand less and less, most people on here I would suspect play on a wide camera angle, or a high camera angle letting them see more of the pitch and the space in which to play the ball. The whole player models close up looking daft does nowt for me, as long as I can see the pitch and see my players running rather than skating around it does for me. I watch some replays, but I dont certainly watch as many as I used to. This aint a jibe at you lad, just using your quote that many other people have said about player models and likenesses.

Nothing for the fetichism of the nets
:lmao:

In fairness they did say they'll improve the shooting, which is great, but... Man, I'm really worried about that dribbling comment. Unless the reaction times are now greatly improved, making dribbling harder is ridiculous.

I trust the team that made FIFA 07, seeing as I loved the game, but I hope I hear better things than this before release. Adonis's contact did say it was great, and he was a Pro Evo fan, so hopefully they have improved the reaction time and so everything will fit nicely.

I'm a fan of football/soccer and i just want one game to come out and succeed on the level that earlier winning eleven's did(WE6FE etc)

I love namco's football kingdom effort if i had to pick another company's work but sadly that went the love football route.

EA is going in the right direction,but for years they have only marginally improved the shooting while other aspects have seen major overhauls. it's like their one major stumbling block and that's the ace in the hole if they finally fix it...

In response to Holio's comment, Agree partly, however if they continue to use models and kits (shorts/shirts not being "right") that arent correct/accurate we will never get the same level of recognition during games that pes has. For all its faults, playing normal cam (one closer then wide) on pes you never really need to look at the player name, you can just see from position, player model, movement, etc. Which in turn lets you know what you can "do" with you player, powerfull runs for gerrard, not a lot but potshots for lampard, taking on people with ronaldo, etc. Its what makes the gameplay organic and natural, if i have to look at who i am by viewing the name at the bottom of the screen it will never reach the same level of instant play that is nessecary for a footie game imo. Offcourse position helps but even if you still have to check to make sure it doesnt work aswell. Whether they have faces like they were extra's for LoTR is another matter. But it all adds to a sense of realism that pes has done better with regard to movement and player likeness.

I understand Tik, I mean, yeah a player likeness that is decent enough to recognise who the player is when you are using them, but I would think most of us know which player is in which part of the field anyhow, we are football fans, and most of us edit the formation before we play.

Dont get me wrong, I think the shorts and shirts look daft, but when I'm playing UCL, you dont notice the big shorts or maybe small details wrong on the kit, you do notice the keepers dont have official kits for whatever effin reason though.

Shooting improved, more responsive play and dribbling upped, also a little tweak with tackling, if you have contact with the ball, dont give a foul. Thats about all I want. There are times when the game feels unresponsive in lots fo areas, buttons presses, dribbling, turning, first touch, and long passes, but it has been a decent year for EA as they move in the right direction.

And Toomba, I dont think you can beat WE6FE, so you may just keep playing it, ;)

The pic with Ribery in it looks amazing. The player models and even the grass looks amazing. I can only hope WE11/PES7 looks this good.

Ok, this I am beginning to understand less and less, most people on here I would suspect play on a wide camera angle, or a high camera angle letting them see more of the pitch and the space in which to play the ball. The whole player models close up looking daft does nowt for me, as long as I can see the pitch and see my players running rather than skating around it does for me. I watch some replays, but I dont certainly watch as many as I used to. This aint a jibe at you lad, just using your quote that many other people have said about player models and likenesses.

:lmao:

I'm not too bothered about the likenesses, but you still notice on whatever camera angle your on, whether the players look strange. They can't be motion capturing proper athletes to get people who run and kick and even just stand like hunchbacked apes

first pic with ribery i thought, theyve basically solved the appearance problems i had issue with and it looks amazing. just scrolling down its same old, theres also loads of sponsors missing so the argument that ea is best on licenses etc is probably beginning to decrease a teeny bit.
what annoys me is i refuse to believe they can think these massive shirts and shorts can look good, yet they are persisting with them, its the main thing that makes it look stupid, if they just thinned it all out and didnt make it look like the material was an inch thick, appearance wide this would be incredible.

Back
Top Bottom