FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

dazfeeder I loved Virtua Striker 2002 on GameCube! I still play that with a mate of mine :) No Bullshit just arcade fun :)

Dj

yeah i only bought a gamecude for that game lol, i had it on dreamcast too

if they get the shooting sorted out, with things as the ball actually going straight when you hit it with your laces instead of constantly curling, and of course, getting the animations for the shooting sorted out as well. Then this game could be well worth it. The passing wasn't brilliant either, but that could just be using an analogue stick for football (360 version), which is just completely wrong to me

The future of footie titles is Analogue sticks though. You can move 360 Degrees with them. Unfortunately no games are taking advantage of that

Dj

just looking forward to a footygame on the ps3 , its all first person shooters at the moment i have call of duty 3 and resistance fall of man , looking forward to collin mcrae dirt , mgs4 and gta iv at the moment tho

I actually fell in the trap of being desperate for Next Gen soccer.
PES6 is terrible on the Xbox 360 so i bought Fifa 07 it was alright but then Champions-league caught my eye and i thought i was pretty cool.
Then my Xbox 360 broke and i went back to WE10JL and I'm sorry but i can forget about the graphics the gameplay on the PS2 still is not even close to being touched by next gen and by EA and Konami is really shocking. I know on the PS2 where i want to shoot and the ball goes there for the best example.

Guys just letting you know the press have been shown Fifa 08. All my contact told me is that Konami should be totally shittin' it. The game looks unbelievable. It was a demo shown, but its looking incredible.

Im only taking notice because the same contact is a HUGE Winning Eleven fan. Looking good :)

WOOHOO! :D Thanks Adonis, if you get any more news then you have to tell us.

By which I mean me. :D

WOOHOO! :D Thanks Adonis, if you get any more news then you have to tell us.

By which I mean me. :D

lol dont worry I will.

He just emailed me, apparently theres an EA suumer show going on right now.

Its a bit silly because hes not allowed to mention anything about Fifa and NHL, but can chat freely about other stuff.

Check this part out. Apparently when they showed Fifa, the developers said they are excited than ever about the game. Reason? quote on quote 'This year we dont have to concentrate on gimmicks. At the back of the box you hear rubbish about how it features this or that. Luckily for us this time EA just told us to concentrate on gameplay. We're all proud that on the back of the box it wont have gimmicks, just greatly improved gameplay.'

For me thats the best possible news! I really cant wait for this now!

Truly fantastic news, it sounds like it could be spectacular...!

Check this part out. Apparently when they showed Fifa, the developers said they are excited than ever about the game. Reason? quote on quote 'This year we dont have to concentrate on gimmicks. At the back of the box you hear rubbish about how it features this or that. Luckily for us this time EA just told us to concentrate on gameplay. We're all proud that on the back of the box it wont have gimmicks, just greatly improved gameplay.'

Its about time they stopped those stupid gimmicks, they were all shite

Just what I'd been hoping for, focusing entirely on gameplay. This is possibly the first time I've ever looked forward to a FIFA game ;)

This is possibly the first time I've ever looked forward to a FIFA game ;)

Same here, my experiences of late:

Fifa07 on PS2: Pretty decent, better experience than past PES/WES (partly due to being able to use Sheff Wednesday and having a decent career mode)

Fifa07 on 360: Pretty good, gameplay is about the best I've played on any format, annoyed about the lack of leagues and diluted manager mode but it's a good time killer.

UEFA on 360: Rather good, gameplay is a bit improved over 07, lack of manager mode but Ultimate Team mode is suprisingly good fun, I really thought it would be some dumb stupid shitty kids mode but I'm enjoying building my own little team.

Fifa 08: Potentially very good, if...... it features full leagues (ie as many as Fifa 07 on PS2, why not even more?) and a proper career mode, some minor things could use sorting:

referees and linesmen should be visible

some animations need tweaking

collision detection needs tweaking

fouls (ie too many good tackles are given as fouls)

Replays needs major fixing (must have manual replay, must be able to save our replays, must have instant replays during the game of crunching tackles causing injuries, near misses, woodwork being hit, great saves etc. etc. give us the real TV footie experience. And most of all at full time and half time why are we being shown silly niggling fouls and ignoring the 47 times I hit the crossbar?

Must say I can't wait, exciting times :)

hmmmmmmmmmmm i hope it is a brilliant game coz we need it, i hope i can be converted to fifa, i really do, i am now excited too, proably a silly question but anyone know when a reasonable time would be to get some more info? i guess its unknown at this stage

Well if what Adonis said comes true this will be 1 of my ultimate games for 2007.

Dj

tiktiktiktik (how many tiks?) I think D-pad restricts the amount of movement we can have with the players so Analog is the way to go.

Dj

I know, but i can alsways hope ;)

But i posted a while ago with regard to CL how you only actually have 16 directions in which you can run with the ball (8 when walking and another 8 added when running/sprinting) with is the same as pes. Its mostly with passing and shooting that analog gets used. Which is good, but for me making sharp movements with the analog sucks. Its like racing games and shooting, which are probably the best with analog. You can make very subtle movements to control the car/shooter. Yet football is far less sublte imo and far more about angles and fast response (atleast in player movement). And i think that that should take precedent over how accurate the passing and shooting can be. Or atleast be given the option.

Hmm, I could be converted to Fifa. Have just bought Fifa 07 on the original Xbox for a bit of a change and some official leagues and licenses.

As long as they are no cut scenes that look like extras from Dawn of the Dead, that will be a start....

It is high time footy games took a MASSIVE leap foward

To be honest I was kinda glad there was no D-Pad support, with PES I always used D-Pad and whenever I tried analogue it just never felt right, now with Fifa/Uefa on the 360 I was forced to learn to use analogue and I feel much more in control :)

A few things to expect this year.

People raving about it for the 1st 2 days.

The same people going back to PES on the 3rd day.

Floaty ball.

Horrible player likenesses.

No Rain.

Horrible random shooting.

Some good ideas badly implemented.

People saying they "Cant wait for Fifa 09"

Lower leagues not present.

This is too good to be true. I've been let down with stuff like this many times. Its not gonna work again, dammit!

If you could shut the fuck up that would be great.

Jack has just proven a point on half of cammeyboy's points. Theres too much shit in PES that people just "forget" to moan about, because plain and simple, theyre fan boys.

Both football games arnt perfect, but as I have said previously, if you want simulation, you'll play UEFA CL (360) and if you want some arcade football, you'll play PES6.

Both are disapointing though.

Look, I'm not here to say anybody's talking out of their arse, so I take offence at the fact that having an opinion on a COMPUTER GAME can bring such hate out of people (I said before about people needing something to hate, and now what is being thrown about, hateful posts). You like PES, I like FIFA. You play PES, I'll play PES. You talk crap about FIFA, I'll correct you. I talk crap about PES, you correct me. But I don't. I don't go around saying "PES IS CRAP, YOU ARE A RETARD IF YOU LIKE IT".

I let people play what they want, am I around at your house pointing a gun towards your head? No, I simply corrected a post with my thoughts and opinions. If you don't want to read thoughts and opinions on FIFA, then get out of the FIFA thread. And if you don't want to read thoughts and opinions that differ to yours on anything, then you're going to have a tough life kiddo.

It's a game, get over it. If you hate me that much, there is an ignore feature you know. I'm sure you wouldn't be the first to use it on me.

I think the people who are saying Fifa 08 is shit need to relax, noone here has played it or seen it. You've come to your conclusions because of (imo) the poor versions that have been released so far.

I too am a bit dubious, BUT like I said previously I have a good contact that seems to think this time its different. Whats also important is that this contact is a huge PES/WE fan.

Its exciting to know news will be released in the next few weeks. So close!

User: lazandreas
Infraction: Offensive Posting

Administrative Note:

Message to User:u admitted yourself, tis hardly comedy funking central. So get over your 'funny' shit stirring antics

Original Post: no actually, what u guys fail to see is that im just stirring shit up, i dont care about your opinions, i just come on here ever now and then and stir things up, its not personal, its just a for a laugh, then i come back on and see your responses and some of u take it so seriously that it has me laughing

As you can see, you have not been "threatened" numbnuts..........

You have been warned about you conduct, you have come into a thread and tried to start what amounts to a flame war. We aint into flame wars, your idea of having a good time by coming into threads "to stir up shit" is a bloody stupid idea, so yes, there are plenty of other forums on t'internet, away and stir up shit in them; and leave us all in peace.

Any chance of a mod cleaning up all the shit and just leaving the FIFA 08 related posts? :)

Jack believe me I don't hate anybody.

I didn't want to be offensive at all.

Like I said I pray and hope FIFA comes out and its the best thing ever.

I agree PES has lots of faults also, but It feels so much smoother (My opinion).

You only "discounted" my points with "your opinions".

So Ignore the hating I am genuinley interested in how FIFA is evolving :)

Peace out :8):

Nah, I know you are genuine mate, if your sig doesn't prove that then nothing will. I don't mind having a debate with people, you're not stirring shit up for something to do. I was just responding to your points, I shouldn't have said the bit at the end but there's tons of people who just discount something because of a label.

My brother-in-law makes me absolutely furious - he's telling his mates (and my nephew, who knows he's talking bollocks) that FIFA, UEFA etc. is "utter shit, they can't get anything in it right". Fair enough, if that's your opinion, but HE HASN'T PLAYED FIFA SINCE THE YEAR 2000. That's what pisses me off, there are SO MANY people like that and it's just prejudicial, utter ignorance.

I'm sorry, but if I was part of the team that made a completely new engine to take advantage of all of the next-gen consoles (which is something Konami will take years to do), and I saw thousands of people calling it shit without even playing it, I would literally go insane. I have no time for people who talk about something like they know it inside out and gave it a chance, when they haven't even played a fucking demo of it.

Thanks for cleaning up the thread Holio. :) Hopefully the next post will be news about the game.

Back
Top Bottom