FIFA 08 Online Mode

GMT8

Conference
21 September 2003
I'm still considering a purchase (PS3) and would like to know whether this is possible online: players 1 & 2 on console 1 play against player(s) on console 2, and may be also 3, 4, etc.. If this mode is available, is it a derivative of Be a Pro or is it done through other parts of the game menu? Thanks.

I don't have the PS3 version, but I believe that you can play a normal match 2 players at 1 console V 2 players at 1 console. You could on UEFA CL, so I don't see why they would have taken it out?

I guess the X360 and PS3 versions should be similar enough in terms of game modes, right?

I'm still considering a purchase (PS3) and would like to know whether this is possible online: players 1 & 2 on console 1 play against player(s) on console 2, and may be also 3, 4, etc.. If this mode is available, is it a derivative of Be a Pro or is it done through other parts of the game menu? Thanks.

Yes you can do this no problem in a normal match. As soon as you turn on a second controller it simply assigns the person as a guest. Just start a normal online match (iirc it might only work in unranked), turn on the second controller and move the controller icon to the correct team - you will see it now says "Guests 1" etc

I have in fact played in a game where 3 guests were listed as being on the other team so i am not sure how many you can have.

Be a pro allows up to 10 human players in any combination ie 5 v 5 or 7 v 3 or 10 v cpu but each player must be on a seperate console. I don't think there is any way for 2 people to play be a pro mode on the same console at the same time. This is presumably due to the "pro" camera having to follow 1 player.

Thank you ptfcdb and Tim7.

I actually tried the Be a Pro online in a friend's home. I didn't have time to look deep into the game but was impressed with the online experience nonetheless. I don't think I can stay loyal to PES/WE anymore. ;)

Make the jump mate - you won't regret it. I have always been PES since PS1 days but this year i am genuinely impressed with Fifa. The 5v5 has been completely lag free for me and that is more than can be said for 1v1 on PES this time round. I got PES too this year (first time i have bought both in years) and whereas PES was virtually never out the machine every other year i simply don't have the inclination to play it this year - Fifa on the other hand....

Hopefully once PES is patched i will have 2 football games to enjoy but at the moment imo there is no contest - Fifa (as Andy Gray would say) wins "by a country mile"

Yeah, what's really impressed me about FIFA is how repeated play brings about so many lovely subtle moments that I would never have previously thought possible from a FIFA engine. There is real depth to the gameplay and the underlying physics engine, and it's now as impressive as PES was at it's peak in terms of all those amazing moments that just occur so naturally...it's easy to forget your playing just a computer game.

The main problem I have online is the annoying delay between pressing pass/shoot and the guy actually kicking. It's sometimes in excess of 1 second, particularly for lob passes, where I need about 10 yards of free space before I can even contemplate attempting to lob kick. Not sure how much this is to do with internet lag - the game otherwise runs very smoothly online - so perhaps it's just the game's inherent slow responses.

Back
Top Bottom