Fifa 08 on PS3 or 360 ???

knh4

Championship
21 October 2002
Bradford
Man Utd
Guys I am really confused. I have pre-ordered Fifa for my ps3 but alot of guys say it's better on 360 and apparently there are framerate issues on ps3! Having played both demos I think the 360 pad is better for Fifa , and the ps3 pad for PES 2008. I wanna have a good online experience but mainly playing one player career mode.
Just wanted to know what you guys gonna do. PS3 or 360 ???

Cheers Guys! Just cancelled my pre-order for ps3 and placed and order for 360 version! Also played the PES 2008 demo. Looks like Konami are HIGH on weed! It's rubbish!!! For the first time in my life I prefer FIFA over PES! Can't belive I said that !!

I am in the same spot. F08 sounds to be just my kind of footy game. It really sucks that Little Big Planet is a PS3 exclusive. It is the only other game I will get next to F08 (and perhaps PES08).

Y, its like the PES vs Fifa story all over again.. you cant help but wish there was an option that blended the good points of both choices together.

For the moment I am going to wait for the first reviews to see if the PS3 issues are sorted out.

I'd agree with the 360 crowd. I've got the demo on both (well all 3 actually) and the 360 version is the best of the bunch. The controller is the winning vote, the extra resitance in the analogue sticks makes it feel much better.

I am guessing they will add rumble features too which will be nice if they tie it in with contact, fouls, shooting etc...

I think FIFA does run at 1080P on both machines... Do you have a television capable of displaying native 1080P? if so then your good to go.

Also on the subject of PS3 or 360 its a question of choice. Which controller do you prefer? Do you want a decent online experience? What is your budget?

If you have a low-end budget then that puts the PS3 out of the question straight away.

I'm still on the fence since according to Mazanga, the nets seem more quality in the PS3 version. This hasn't been confirmed by anyone else though.

In the meantime, I am inclining towards the 360 version.

ps3 then you have something to play on it and can share option files if someone posts an updated stat fixing and new player adding save

I'm still on the fence since according to Mazanga, the nets seem more quality in the PS3 version. This hasn't been confirmed by anyone else though.

Nets are exactly the same in both versions, mate. I let one of my buddies who's working for a games magazine do the check.

Hey mate, i didn't post that the nets were different or better on the ps3 version. That might have been someone else.

I said that:
- the ps3 version is more responsive and a bit faster, and allows for more control over your players and the ball
- the 360 is a little smoother (framerate)
- the 360 looks a lot better (jaggies, AA)

I tested it on a pioneer plasma and on a panasonic plasma and noticed the same differences.

Well i bought the component cable. It seems that my ps3 games look better on component. Less jaggies.

Now fifa looks just as good on ps3 as on 360. Fifa on ps3 did not look sharp on my friends plasma aswell so it's not my TV.

Could it be that i need a more expensive HDMI cable? I have the official sony HDMI cable.

I have another technical problem:
I got this problem three times over the last 4 days.
In the middle of a game I got a 'disk unreadable' message, after which Xbox 360 got back to the dashboard.
My 360 is pretty new ( 4 weeks ago received from the MS-repair )so I blame the DVD. I did not have this problem with other games.

Am I the only one??

Back
Top Bottom