Southampton FC - 1st

Manager Prestige 3/10
Job Security 100/100
Fan Appreciation 100/100
Team Chemistry 67/100

Home - Wins 8 Draw 3 Losses 0 GF 21 GA 5
Away - Wins 7 Draw 5 Losses 0 GF 17 GA 4
Overall - Wins 15 Draw 8 Losses 0 GD + 29 Pts 53

I am 13 pts clear at top aswell ahead of Leicester, Watford and Scunthorpe all on 40 pts :D

Saints 1 - 0 Crystal Palace
Burnley 0 - 2 Saints
West Brom 1 - 2 Saints
Saints 3 - 1 Watford
Saints 1 - 0 Derby County (League Cup Round 4)
Barnsley 0 - 2 Saints
Saints 0 - 0 Leicester City
Colchester 1 - 1 Saints
Saints 1 - 0 Ipswich Town
Wolves 0 - 0 Saints
Saints 1 - 0 Sheffield United
Wolves 2 - 3 Saints (League Cup Quater Final)
Coventry 1 - 2 Saints

There we go so far, so far so goood :D I got Tottenham in the leage cup semi final, the other two teams are Newcastle and Man United, so tough, tough route ahead, next game is vs West Brom at home last score was a win 2-1 for me, and in the Fa Cup I have Wigan on the 12th of Jan :D

FC Arsenal - 1st

Manager Prestige 5/10
Job Security 100/100
Fan Appreciation 100/100
Team Chemistry 84/100

W 23 D 2 L 1

Titles so far:

- League Cup (2:0 Derby County)

In manager mode under player growth there is the option to turn auto team growth on.Does anyone know what this actually does?I'm presuming it randomly adds the experience points to the individual player.

In manager mode under player growth there is the option to turn auto team growth on.Does anyone know what this actually does?I'm presuming it randomly adds the experience points to the individual player.

I presume (and i'm not sure) that it works better if you buy upgrades for your staff.
For example if you buy upgrades for your defense, your defenders will earn more experience points.

I presume (and i'm not sure) that it works better if you buy upgrades for your staff.
For example if you buy upgrades for your defense, your defenders will earn more experience points.

yes, it adds the stats to all players randomly. not so random, tho as strikers gain points in shot accuracy or pace and dribbling and defenders auto improve in man marking or sliding tackle for example.

that's just like pes

upgrading a certain position will make those players earn more experience points and therefore grow faster.

So does that apply to the whole team, or just an individual, as I would like to auto grow a lot of players but do like 2-3 my self or something, is that possible?

So does that apply to the whole team, or just an individual, as I would like to auto grow a lot of players but do like 2-3 my self or something, is that possible?

as far as i experienced, it does affect the whole team.

i have auto-growth ON but after every match i check the player-development sheet and sort them by experience points. for all players who have 270 exp. points or more(>270 because i want to make sure that it's enough to improve any stat i want), and for those i want to lead in a certain direction growth-wise, i assign the points manually aswell - because the cpu does not "waste" all exp. points, there are always about 4.800-5.800 left for me.

this way f.e. giovanni develops automaticly, but i also make sure that he gets better in crossing or stamina. works for me!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you bid for players that are not transfer listed? I thought this was not possible, but then the CPU tried to buy my top striker, who wasn't listed of course. So I assume I can do this as well?

A bargain central defender. Zat Knight whos very tall and commanding in the box from Aston Villa for £900,000. Well thats what i paid anyway.

Is there a way to find nery castillo in the transfer area, Because He doesnt have a club in the game and Im having trouble finding him

I know hes on the game because hes in the mexico squad

I've read that you can't buy players in the national squads who don't have a club. Christ knows why.

did somebody figure out yet what the "dynamic" bar in squad selection is for? what does it affect?

and how can the teamwork be raised? mine stagnates at 84 for the whole season, although i win most of my matches and don't rotate too much

By teamwork you mean team chemistry? Mine has gone from 64 to 73 in 26 games or so :D I reached 4/10 for manager prestige and still got the 100/100 for fan appreciation and job security.

I dont know how the team chemistry increased.

Also I found out I can buy players that arent on the transfer list, stupid me, just press Y for search haha! And there was me moaning about it, no one helped me though, meh!

I got a good £7,165,080 with Saints now, started with around 5 mil, but I got a player and upgrades, so actually doing very well, should be getting loyalty bonus from sponsor as I reached the semi of the league cup, and shud get the other two bonuses for league winners (I hope im top by atleast 13 pts) and should win a cup, although I got tottenham in the league semi, and then got either the toon or man u :(

What do you mean dynamic bar? the ones with energy, morale and momentum or something? Otherwise I dunno where im looking.

If its the momentum one, I think thats how good the team is doing, how the players are moulding into the team, like they fit into the teams pace and are playing well, think that might improve team chemistry, the higher that is, the higher the chemistry maybe? As if you swap one player with another that has lower momentum, you get like - 1 next to the chemistry or - 4 etc, if you swap them for one higher then you get + 1 or something. Otherwise I dunno.

Your choice of captain also affects team chemistry I noticed.

Good stories guys, I think I will play some Manager Mode tonight :)

Well the start to my career as Sheffield Wednesday's new manager had a familiar ring to it, but more on that later......

Firstly I transferred out the horrific looking EA version of Esaja's to the free transfer pool and created my own Easajas with the same stats but that actually looks like him, well as much as the limited creation system allowed for. I fixed a couple of other errors, Simek was too slow by far (took a few points from his GK stats), Lunt, Akpo and a couple of other players were listed as left footed when they're in fact right footed, couple of other minor shirt sleeve length, boot, armband type things were fixed.

Then the career mode was started, I plan to restrict myself to the real Sheffield Wednesday squad (with the only exceptions that Kavanagh and Johnson are transferred permanently and Leon Clarke who I rate much higher than Laws or most Owls fans I recalled from his loan at Southend).

Most of the young players I offered up for loan before the first match to give them some experience, except the promising Rocky Lekaj I planned to keep around, well except for some reason the game decided I can't do that and he is nowhere to be seen either in my squad or anywhere else in any other team, here's there in the squad before I started manager mode then suddenly vanished, anyone else seen anything like that?

So to my first match, a rather challenging away game to Cardiff who would want to start the season well after investing heavily in a number of premiership rejects such as Fowler, Peter Whittingham and others, I was also disappointed to see Steven Maclean in their starting lineup, having left the Owls in the summer I felt certain he would score against us, as is our luck historically when we meet players that left.

Despite playing away I felt confident to stick with a fairly adventurous team, basically a 442 but the 2 wide players are LW and RW which makes it a 424 at times, my starting 11 was:

Code:
         Grant
Simek  M.Johnson   Wood   Spurr
Small   Kavanagh   Whelan   Esajas
      Jeffers   Deon Burton

The game started fairly balanced, my wingers were seeing a lot of the ball and were making good runs with no end product, for about the first 20 minutes I certainly held my own and was arguably the best team, then as is usual with Sheffield Wednesday we threw a goal away, Johnson receives the ball near the right back Simek, looks up and decides to play a long ball across our box on the ground to Spurr at LB, unfortunately the pass goes right to the feet of Fowler, he showed his premiership quality by controlling the ball well and his first touch took him clean through before planting the ball past the onrushing Grant, 1-0 Cardiff.

Rest of the first half was fairly balanced, again with us slightly edging it.

Half time, everyone is playing ok and fitness is ok so I stick with the same team, I notice that Johnson is being booed everytime he touches the ball, not sure if he injured one of their players or has an affiliation with a rival team to Cardiff (or perhaps it's our own fans booing him for his mistake?) but he doesn't let it affect him and he has a solid game other than the 1 mistake, one thing I noticed was that my 2 CBs alternated to get forward quite regularly, Cardiff seemed to be happy to allow them to run with the ball which nearly punished them a couple of times, Wood had a fine 20 yard drive caught by the Cardiff keeper at one point. The turning point for us came in the 55th minute, Whittingham fouls Whelan 25 yards out and is booked, Whelan steps up and drives a firm freekick over the wall and it smacks against the crossbar, had it gone in I'm sure we would have won, it didn't and despite pressuring for the rest of the match a goal just didn't arrive, final score 0-1 but we outplayed them, out shot them, out possessed them, certainly an encouraging first match.

After the match 6 of my youngsters received loan offers so they'll hopefully be gaining experience elsewhere, Rocky Lekaj still hasn't reported to the training ground so the police and interpol have been alerted.......

:lol: I am quite worried for Rocky!

Cracking match by the sounds of it, just the wrong result :( Still, plenty of time in the season left!

Welcome to Manager Mode, Placebo :)

I was going to start again and hopefully he'd be there, but I experienced that bug/quirk whereby my saved squads had been reset to default, so I'd have had to remake Esajas and re-do all the edits I'd done before which I really couldn't be arsed to do, which is a shame because it would have been good to have Rocky in manager mode to see what he becomes in a few seasons :)

Simek, I bought him, now my right back on occasion, although Ostlund is my main man there, I just needed a replacement for when he is fatigued.

Oooo ill update after my next game, Tottenham second leg, scores will be revealed in due course :D

Back
Top Bottom