FIFA 08 (Last Gen-Including PC)

Played the full version now and it's not good. I was thinking it could be fun to play the be a pro, but they don't have the next gen pro-cam, it's just a regular cam called be a pro for some reason. This game really needs a super cancel because you don't feel in control at all. Might buy a console for next gen fifa 08 though, that version seems really good.

Very disappointed in the game. . . the "Be A Pro" mode could have been much better arranged (I'm a foreward, why am I being judged on things a defender should be good at instead of getting goals?). Why am I stuck with "current gen" graphics (personally, they're not "current gen", they're "last gen") when my PC can safely play that which is on the 360 version, ballocks.

Does anyone have a problem with a.)The game NOT booting correctly? and b.) it registering two controllers when you have one connected? Completely poor job, i'm more happy with the PES demo then the full version of this game!

I'd like to be able to play manager mode with fixed player. The be a coop pro mode is crap, you don't play in a real league, there's no table or statistics. I really can't understand why they don't let you play any mode as fixed player like PES does. It would be great to play as playing manager like you can do in PES, problem is that PES AI sucks ass and FIFAs current gen AI is way better but don't let you do it. ASS!

How do you play a coop online match?
The option to move the second controller across never appears

I just spent an evening playing FIFA 08 on PS2. I thought it sucked, to be honest. The players don't move intelligently off the ball on offense, and the key to scoring goal seems to be using the first touch thing, the knock ahead function, and the right stick moves. You can't pass your way to good opportunities. Defending is easy, but about once a game the opponent striker fakes out your center back and gets a one on one chance in the box, which always goes in. The lobbed through ball is almost useless, as is the 1-2 sequence. The crosses hang in the air forever; the ball physics isn't very good; the keeper holds most everything; and I don't care for the shooting system either.

The only possible reason to get the game is the huge selection of teams, and the in-stadium atmosphere which is quite decent; and the management mode is not so bad. But the gameplay still is way behind WE/PES, not matter what anyone says to the contrary. And, the player models are ugly up close.

Also, you have to squint to read the text on the between-game screens in managerial mode. I got a headache trying to do that.

I'm not saying this to bash FIFA, every couple of years I give it a fair go, but I just don't think this version is very good. I'll be trading it in as soon as the next guitar hero is out....

i enjoyed this the most out of any football game this season. :( the manager mode is perfect, far superior to the one included in the next gen version. gameplay of course is another part, it's last gen and nothing special, but it kept me entertained for some really good matches.

I'm curious how it's "far superior" only things I've seen listed as additions to the current gen manager mode are:

Pre Season Fixtures
Dynamic Board Expectations

Err that's all I can remember? :(

Those two things alone make a big difference, especially the board expectations. Would be nice to have day and night matches as well.

Can't say I really see those two things as making a big difference, I guess some of the other gameplay stuff make a difference, like keepers that can be injured or sent off, it really would make it a gamble to not include a keeper on the bench.......

For anyone who plays the current gen version, I'm curious if they fixed the old bug where you can end up playing a cup match and a league match on the same day? Or on consecutive days?

Back
Top Bottom