FIFA 08 (360) 2v2 Results & Banter Thread

I could need a couple of pointers on 2vs2. Have played a fair share of 2vs2 on PES, but have only tried it twice on FIFA, and Im really struggling. My main problem is the logic behind the cursor switching. Im used to manual switching, in 2vs2 the cursor often jumps to players that I dont expect, and they are often outside the view. Needless to say, I spent these two matches running around like a headless chicken (Bitter can confirm this :) )

Is it just me, or do you have to think differently when switching players in 2vs2?

Quite happy with mine and Hudsons start! Disappointed about that late late equaliser by Deportivo :(
:BY: No more than we deserved, we were piling on the pressure and you guys playing well on the break. A very good game and fair result :))
Treetopp said:
Is it just me, or do you have to think differently when switching players in 2vs2?
You definately need to think different when in 2v2 mode. You need communication between both of you, as if both of you run to close down a man, then there are gonna be huuuuge gaps in your defence and your whole team will be pulled all over the place. With good communication you can put some really nice flowing football together and exploit the open spaces :)).

I will definately be on for more late again tonight and hopefully Joe will be too! :DD

I will definately be on for more late again tonight and hopefully Joe will be too! :DD

Define late, because im out tonight at some pub where my brother plays on stage so i wont be back till around 10:30 - 11pm time .......I think

:BY: No more than we deserved, we were piling on the pressure and you guys playing well on the break. A very good game and fair result :))

You definately need to think different when in 2v2 mode. You need communication between both of you, as if both of you run to close down a man, then there are gonna be huuuuge gaps in your defence and your whole team will be pulled all over the place. With good communication you can put some really nice flowing football together and exploit the open spaces :)).

yes man, 2 v 2 is the best form of this game i believe. Although last night with judge dred and bitter it was pretty good, but i felt alone in defense, then i got yelled at for trying to play the beautiful game out of the back :) hahaha, i will be up for some games tonight but if you guys read my post please dont reveal the spurs or bayern uefa cup scores cause im going to watch those while you guys are dreaming of fifa

yes man, 2 v 2 is the best form of this game i believe. Although last night with judge dred and bitter it was pretty good, but i felt alone in defense, then i got yelled at for trying to play the beautiful game out of the back :) hahaha, i will be up for some games tonight but if you guys read my post please dont reveal the spurs or bayern uefa cup scores cause im going to watch those while you guys are dreaming of fifa

Gomito, both Bitter and I were CF's WTF is the point in us being inside are own Penalty Box. Also your blatently on drugs make, the tackle you gave away for the Pen, WTF, was I not meant to be angry at that! FFS, I score 3 and basically set up the 4th, we're LEADING in ET, and instead of you fooking hoofing the bloody ball up the pitch, you decide to pass it, and thus you got tackled, they scored and won on pens................. you :MAD::censor::w00t:

;)

Gomito, both Bitter and I were CF's WTF is the point in us being inside are own Penalty Box. Also your blatently on drugs make, the tackle you gave away for the Pen, WTF, was I not meant to be angry at that! FFS, I score 3 and basically set up the 4th, we're LEADING in ET, and instead of you fooking hoofing the bloody ball up the pitch, you decide to pass it, and thus you got tackled, they scored and won on pens................. you :MAD::censor::w00t: ;)

I thought every player chose 'ALL' so you can both change players? - I thought that was the whole point?

We were playing 3v3, in the matches before we had picked certain players, so thats what we done.

Gomito, both Bitter and I were CF's WTF is the point in us being inside are own Penalty Box. Also your blatently on drugs make, the tackle you gave away for the Pen, WTF, was I not meant to be angry at that! FFS, I score 3 and basically set up the 4th, we're LEADING in ET, and instead of you fooking hoofing the bloody ball up the pitch, you decide to pass it, and thus you got tackled, they scored and won on pens................. you :MAD::censor::w00t:

;)
yes i am blatently on drugs(and happily i might add). now hold on a minute, i hit clear and the STUPID FUCKING GAME that fifa can be decided to take another touch. Nah i gave the ball away on a goal kick, thats what i got yelled at for and deservdley so

yes i am blatently on drugs(and happily i might add). now hold on a minute, i hit clear and the STUPID FUCKING GAME that fifa can be decided to take another touch. Nah i gave the ball away on a goal kick, thats what i got yelled at for and deservdley so

Thats what led to the Pen then?

It was a good fun, just gutted we didnt win after being 2 down to go 4v3 ahead, pens are shit, FACT!

Vinny-da-loo when are we kicking off mate?

I'm in tonight from 7:30 onwards, but I'll be pretty busy so dont wanna just be staring at the xbox with no opponents to play.

If we can get a match arranged on here today then i'll be there, no probs.

Anyone up for a game tonight, between 7:30 and 12:00? (assuming pepper can make it)

Last edited:
guys me and hughligans will be on tommorow from 11 am eastern til 1 pm eastern, then again from 3-4 pm eastern, on sunday it will be 10 am eastern to 12:30 eastern... post here if you want to play in those times

Can you please post your times in UK time? As it means absolutely nothing to me like that, and I'm sure it's the same for the rest of us! :LOL:

Cheers :TU:

Can you please post your times in UK time? As it means absolutely nothing to me like that, and I'm sure it's the same for the rest of us! :LOL:

Add 5 hours you lazy sod :))

3-4PM sounds the best time, unless Bitter is on in the afternoon

Last edited:

add 5 hours you lazy sod ;) oh coopz beat me to it! hahaha

4 to 6 pm on sat
8-9 pm on sat

3 to 5:30 pm on sun

2v2ew1.jpg

The Empire State runs on Eastern Time.

I've been listening to Blues music all week and Son House sings a song about it :DD

Back
Top Bottom