FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

I have been FIFA demos and some of the stuff eg. when a player is fouled, skills, looks, it is brilliant but when it comes to gameplay its really lacking

im hoping FIFA 07 will be better for gameplay it would be great if there were 2 good footy games on the market

It would be good to have at the minimum two decent footy games out there, but I wont hold my hopes up, I'll play it, but whether it competes will be a different matter

I personally cant see it competing it still doesnt look as if it plays right. Demo will tell us all.

DJ

I honestly thought EA wanted to really UP the ante with it's next gen sports games. madden looks like it's gonna be great. NHL looks even better and Ncaa I am very very happy with.
the main fact that they are STILL producing for the current gen says alot. We won't see astonishing stuff until those platforms die.

Fifa 07 was supposed to be enhanced the way madden way from 06 but it looks like nothing will be done over.NOTHING

As crap as the games usually turn out, you have to admit it looks great to watch.

Nah guys I serious here. I like RTTWC alot more than WC2006 becuase of many the camera angles and gameplay. In the long run neither game was the greatest,but i still think that WC2006 was a good game. I just thought that Fifa07 was going to be the one. After seeing what RTTWC had less of and seeing what WC2006 had more i of i was sure that the 07 version of fifa for 360 would have finally been competition to PES but with how EA decides to bring in a non sport producer and how they havent said anything about the 360 version yet i am so lost now in any thought of fifa 07 being good.

i personally think it will be good, trailers look decent.....only time will tell

danhammer I made the same mistake with WC 06 on 360! The vids looked amazing looked as if you could score some good new goals and the game looked a bit more real at times, but the game turned out to be 1 dimensional lacking depth and was crap! it looks like FIFA 07 will be similar. They have these great licenses but dont make the most of them and it makes me mad!

DJ

BumperMan said:
I honestly thought EA wanted to really UP the ante with it's next gen sports games. madden looks like it's gonna be great. NHL looks even better and Ncaa I am very very happy with.
the main fact that they are STILL producing for the current gen says alot. We won't see astonishing stuff until those platforms die.

Fifa 07 was supposed to be enhanced the way madden way from 06 but it looks like nothing will be done over.NOTHING
ncaa 07 on abox 360 is the same as ncaa 2000 on the ps2.... gameplay is so similiar...

csaunders said:
ncaa 07 on abox 360 is the same as ncaa 2000 on the ps2.... gameplay is so similiar...

Either way. i like it. football games are ALL the same anyway it's the soccer games that you see the worst gameplay in that EA has done

preview of FIFA 07 from gamespot.
source: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/...id=6155430&mode=previews&tag=previews;title;1

Currently scheduled for release in October, FIFA 07 is the appropriately named sequel to EA Sports' superb FIFA 06--the disappointing 2006 FIFA World Cup doesn't count. Very little is known about FIFA 07 at this point, but during a recent meeting with Electronic Arts we had an opportunity to check out early PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions of the game, and also to chat with members of the EA Canada development team about their plans. We didn't get to see many of the FIFA 07's new features in action on this occasion, but the game is already a lot of fun to play, and should only get better as more of the ideas that we were told about are implemented.

FIFA 07 appears to play a more physical game of soccer than its predecessor.

Our time with FIFA 07 was limited to playing a few quick matches, so the new features and improvements that we got to check out for ourselves were all on the field of play. Visually, FIFA 07 already looks quite polished, with lifelike soccer players running around in instantly recognizable stadiums. The player animation in FIFA 07 appears to be even more realistic than that in previous FIFA offerings, and while that's impressive from a visual standpoint, what's important to note is that the more realistic player movement also has an impact on (or perhaps is as a result of improvements to) gameplay. Perhaps the most obvious example of this is that players now accelerate and decelerate gradually, which makes their movements look more fluid and also forces you to pass the ball more often because your players aren't able to beat defenders so easily. Players from opposing teams will also jostle each other for position a lot more in FIFA 07 than in previous games, and because the ball physics have been improved the players have different animations for controlling it with different parts of their bodies.

The other immediately noticeable improvement on the field in FIFA 07 was its shooting system. In previous FIFA games it could be quite frustrating to miss a shot at goal through no fault of your own, simply because the player taking the shot didn't have great attributes. In FIFA 07, factors other than your players' attributes will play a much larger role in determining the quality of your shot, such as the shape of your player when he takes the kick, the angle of the kick, and the speed of the previous pass if you're shooting on your first touch. Furthermore, by holding down a shoulder button as you shoot you'll be able to take a less powerful but more accurate "finesse shot" with the side of your foot.

FIFA 07 appears to play a more physical game of soccer than its predecessor.

Off the field, even more significant changes are planned, the most exciting of which is undoubtedly the interactive league mode. After letting FIFA 07 know which soccer team you support in real life, the interactive league mode will give you an opportunity to represent them in an online league that uses the same schedule as the real competition. If the team that you support is playing against Manchester United in real life, for example, then on match day and the days either side of it, you'll be able to pit your team against Manchester United players online and have your results contribute to the online league.

Other improvements planned for FIFA 07 include a new player progression system for the manager mode that will encourage you to put young players in your squad, and more realistic financial dealings that use real money instead of points. We look forward to bringing you more information on FIFA 07 as soon as it becomes available.

the bolded parts sound really familiar. dont kno where ive heard them before...:roll:

Cant remember, would have to check and let ya know.

the_thing said:
, and more realistic financial dealings that use real money instead of points. We look forward to bringing you more information on FIFA 07 as soon as it becomes available.

If only Konami would listen to what public/players actually want, instead of putting in tweaked crap, though I do think the online bit is pants and in the same vain as that god awful off ball control crap they had a while back.

still shitty 3D player model

00344494.jpg

the kit's are crap on fifa aswell the nike one's always have black lines going on them even when the real kit's don't

Agree with tg the player models still look whack!, this years kits look about right, no unususl black lines or shit like that this time around.

DJ

Tis Rooney and Ronaldinho in the UK, Podolski on the German one, cant remember who all the others are, IGN had news on it.

I do not like that french cover one bit... They make Ronaldinho look worse and I didnt think that was possible! lol

DJ

Again it looks crap, hopefully they are concentrating more on the gameplay than the cover :)

DJ

Seriously i need to create a top of the range "electric shock data transfer kit" for all MAN U haters out there, so that when you make any hater comments about MAN U, you recieve an electric shock from your computer screens, with 128Mb of data containing rooneys pictures uploaded and transfered into your brains so that when you sleep it triggers a slideshow of nightmares!! then you know not to mess with the RED DEVILS!!!! muahahahahaha:spid: muaahaahahahahahah :rein: muahahahahahaha :joker: muahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaah :dwarf: :cat: :ele: :oink: muah!! :bat:

On a more serious note, please does anyone know where i can download an "electric shock data transfer kit" that can shock an individual through the computer screen and transfer 128Mb of .JPEG files in 1 second? please as i need it urgently, its a matter of life and death.... :D thanks ................ muah!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom